Purrfectly Ever After [Otome | Commercial | Kickstarter]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Akitsuki
Veteran
Deviantart: ak-itsuki
Discord: fsalmon#5522

Re: Purrfectly Ever After [GxB | Otome | Fantasy | Adventure

#46 Post by Akitsuki »

Ooooh!! This looks awesome! I remember finding this topic but why didn't I post anything here yet? Oh well.

1. Did the concept and summary intrigue you to play the game?
OF COURSE! If it didn't, I wouldn't be here posting stuff xD

2. Do you like the art style?
Yes! As a visual person, the art usually influences a lot whether I want to play a VN or not.

3. Which character description is your favourite?
They all have such unique characters and I can't really choose one! LOL. But I'm crazy for Sirius and Yoshino!

4. Would you play this game on mobile platform? What is your preferred platform?
Well... I don't know. I don't stick much with my smartphone, but I guess trying wouldn't hurt. I feel comfortable most in PC though!

5. How much would you pay to play this game? Is USD$3.99 an affordable price for you, for a 10-12 episodes per character route?
I guess someone has asked this before but I couldn't get the answer--is $3.99 for each character or for each episode or for all the episodes? Without doubt I'd say yes if it's for all episodes. I need to think more if it's for each episode though.

6. Any general feedback or encouragement is appreciated =D
Nope! You guys are doing so great, so just keep it up! I can't wait for the demo!!

Fujihime
Regular
Projects: Purrfectly Ever After
Tumblr: purrfectlyeverafter

#47 Post by Fujihime »

Apologies for the long silence, we were very busy getting everything going.

Promo Video 1
The promo video is finally done! It’s just a simple one but hope you’ll like it. Please share and repost to spread the news! We are going live on Kickstarter *SOON*! Stay tuned!

Demo
We might need 1-2 days more before releasing the demo.

Reviewer
We are also looking for reviewer for the game, if you are interested, please fill in this form and we'll get in touch with you shortly.
https://goo.gl/WkmrXt

Edit: We previously set the Kickstarter launch to be on 6 June, but due to unforseen circumstances with Apple, we have to postpone it a few days until we get things sorted out with them. Basically, we do not want to launch without a demo. Thank you for your understanding!
Last edited by Fujihime on Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
An otome game about a burglar cat who wish to become human to earn an honest living.
Kickstarter | Steam Greenlight | Tumblr

Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Sunrise: A Dieselpunk Fantasy & Ultramarine: A Seapunk Adventure
Projects: Thrall: A Dark Otome Visual Novel
Organization: AURELIA LEO, LLC
Tumblr: authorzknight
itch: authorzknight

#48 Post by Hazel-Bun »

Oh so excited! I think the timing of the music is a little off, but overall high quality work :)
Black bookstore owner. Diverse fiction reviewer. Bestselling romance author. Award-winning fiction editor. Quite possibly a werewolf, ask me during the next full moon.

Fujihime
Regular

#49 Post by Fujihime »

Thanks Hazel-Bun!
It seems ok on my side but no worries, we have a promo vid 2 coming real soon!
An otome game about a burglar cat who wish to become human to earn an honest living.

Elmvine
Regular
itch: elmvine

#50 Post by Elmvine »

I was on the fence about this, until I saw the promo video. You have won me over with that voice acting. xD <3

Fujihime
Regular

#51 Post by Fujihime »

Thanks Elmvine! I hope you will enjoy the demo too where there's more voice acting involved!

Laluune
Regular

#52 Post by Laluune »

I love this :) Looks very polished and the guys look diverse and interesting. Yoshino seems the cutest to me XD Good luck with the kickstarter!! I look forward to the demo :)

Also I don't know what your reward tiers will be and and I could be wrong but if you plan to give the game for free to a certain tier, but otherwise it is a paid product, I believe Apple doesn't allow it. Just some caution :)

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: https://gbpatch.itch.io/
Projects: Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Organization: GB Patch Games
Tumblr: gb-patch
itch: gbpatch

#53 Post by Googaboga »

Hello, this looks quite nice and since your starting your campaign soon I figured I'd give my thoughts on your Prefundia page before that started. I'm not sure how recently that page was updated, but oh well 'X3.

-I'd suggest having someone go over it again. There are some spelling/grammar errors and some of the sentences don't flow terribly well in English.
-I think the plot synopsis could be improved. Leaving some things a mystery is, of course, fine, but the synopsis comes off more as confusing/lacking, in my opinion, rather than mysterious. Who kidnapped her friend? Why did they want to lure the MC out? Are they relevant to anything else in the game? What selfishness? Who is this group she disbanded? Does magic exist in this world normally or is the fairy Godfather thing an exception?
-What exactly is the different between the Romance and Destiny routes? Are they both 'good' or is one the 'good' ending and the other a 'normal' ending? What determines whether you get a romance/destiny ending?
-Why is the estimated play time 30 hours? Do you have an idea of how many words will be in the overall game? If so, I think that's something you should add to the page.
-Including info on progress would be good, in my opinion. How many BGs/CGs/scenes/music tracks/etc are completed? How many more are there to go?
-What happens if you don't get funded? Will the game be released at a later time? Not at all?

As for the video I think it's nice, though the shine effect with the 'I want to repay your kindness' line didn't look as nice as the other effects so it kind of stood out in a bad way. And I do think it'd be nice if there were subtitles for the voiced lines so those who didn't know Japanese could understand them.

There are no reward tiers listed so I can't comment on those.

Well, I hope hat helps. Good luck with your Kickstarter, this seems like it'll be a nice game :>.
In-Progress:
Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Released:
A Foretold Affair, My Magical Divorce Bureau, XOXO Droplets, Lake of Voices

Fujihime
Regular

#54 Post by Fujihime »

Laluune wrote:I love this :) Looks very polished and the guys look diverse and interesting. Yoshino seems the cutest to me XD Good luck with the kickstarter!! I look forward to the demo :)

Also I don't know what your reward tiers will be and and I could be wrong but if you plan to give the game for free to a certain tier, but otherwise it is a paid product, I believe Apple doesn't allow it. Just some caution :)
Hi Laluune! Thank you for your support!
We are trying to work around the reward tiers and theoretically it can be done with coupon codes. But we will definitely give it a try!
Thanks for the heads up though!

Fujihime
Regular

#55 Post by Fujihime »

Googaboga wrote:Hello, this looks quite nice and since your starting your campaign soon I figured I'd give my thoughts on your Prefundia page before that started. I'm not sure how recently that page was updated, but oh well 'X3.

-I'd suggest having someone go over it again. There are some spelling/grammar errors and some of the sentences don't flow terribly well in English.
-I think the plot synopsis could be improved. Leaving some things a mystery is, of course, fine, but the synopsis comes off more as confusing/lacking, in my opinion, rather than mysterious. Who kidnapped her friend? Why did they want to lure the MC out? Are they relevant to anything else in the game? What selfishness? Who is this group she disbanded? Does magic exist in this world normally or is the fairy Godfather thing an exception?
-What exactly is the different between the Romance and Destiny routes? Are they both 'good' or is one the 'good' ending and the other a 'normal' ending? What determines whether you get a romance/destiny ending?
-Why is the estimated play time 30 hours? Do you have an idea of how many words will be in the overall game? If so, I think that's something you should add to the page.
-Including info on progress would be good, in my opinion. How many BGs/CGs/scenes/music tracks/etc are completed? How many more are there to go?
-What happens if you don't get funded? Will the game be released at a later time? Not at all?

As for the video I think it's nice, though the shine effect with the 'I want to repay your kindness' line didn't look as nice as the other effects so it kind of stood out in a bad way. And I do think it'd be nice if there were subtitles for the voiced lines so those who didn't know Japanese could understand them.

There are no reward tiers listed so I can't comment on those.

Well, I hope hat helps. Good luck with your Kickstarter, this seems like it'll be a nice game :>.
Hi Googaboga! Thank you for taking time to write to us!
Yes, as expected, the Prefundia page is old and needs a lot of polishing work. We are working on it now.
And very good insight about the content, these are things that we need viewers to let us know because we overlook them.
We have been asking ourselves is our content too long or too confusing or not good enough and how to make it better.
We will revise again and make it more understandable in the Kickstarter page.
Thank you very,very much for the feedback! We really appreciate it!

Pastel.Lulu
Tumblr: your-pop-punk-princess

#56 Post by Pastel.Lulu »

I usually try to avoid falling in love with commercial games because I know that, in the end, it'll just break my heart and my wallet, but I couldn't help falling in love with the art, the plot, and the characters of this game.
I've already sent a request to play the demo, but I was wondering something: I've understood that this will be a mobile game, so will you have to pay to unlock other characters' endings and events, like in most other mobile games, or will paying once unlock everything in the game?

Fujihime
Regular

#57 Post by Fujihime »

Pastel.Lulu wrote:I usually try to avoid falling in love with commercial games because I know that, in the end, it'll just break my heart and my wallet, but I couldn't help falling in love with the art, the plot, and the characters of this game.
I've already sent a request to play the demo, but I was wondering something: I've understood that this will be a mobile game, so will you have to pay to unlock other characters' endings and events, like in most other mobile games, or will paying once unlock everything in the game?
Hi Pastel. Lulu! (The default name of the protagonist is also Pastel! *grins*)
Thank you for your interest! We are trying to see how we could make it more affordable and less cumbersome for our gamers.
To be honest, because we are a startup, we are basing our prices to competitors's.
However, we are thinking of ways to bundle up the game to make it more affordable for gamers and at the same time sustain the game.
Do check out our page when we are live on Kickstarter because it's there where we do tier bundles and comes with freebies too =D

ColaCat
Veteran

#58 Post by ColaCat »

Wow, didn't notice new posts here. X_X

Looking great though! So glad to see things moving on still. :D

Fujihime
Regular

#59 Post by Fujihime »

ColaCat wrote:Wow, didn't notice new posts here. X_X

Looking great though! So glad to see things moving on still. :D
Hey!
Yup, we've been quiet to round things up!
Hopefully we can start the kickstarter in a week's time!
Thanks for checking in!

ColaCat
Veteran

#60 Post by ColaCat »

Ooh, look forward to seeing it!

*goes back and stares at the pretty art*