Spirit Parade [Otome/Asian fantasy] [Commercial] Demo out!

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
noeinan
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Ren'Py QuickStart, Crimson Rue
Organization: Statistically Unlikely Games
Deviantart: noeinan
Github: noeinan

Re: Spirit Parade [Otome/Asian fantasy] [Commercial] Demo ou

#46 Post by noeinan »

I'm excited! Just pre-ordered it. :D

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Please see http://trash.moe
Projects: the head well lost
Organization: L3
Tumblr: narihira
Deviantart: crownwaltz
itch: lore

#47 Post by Camille »

We've put Spirit Parade up on Steam Greenlight! If you can, please vote for us and spread the word so that we can get Spirit Parade on Steam once it’s finished!

As a reminder, pre-orders are open and we have a demo available! Anyone who pre-orders the game will get a complimentary Steam key if Spirit Parade gets onto Steam.

Thank you so much for your support thus far. We’re very excited to bring the game to you! For more information and the latest updates, please follow our production diary.

Dreamtigers

#48 Post by Dreamtigers »

I'm with everyone who praised the gorgeous character designs and a protagonist who promises to have an interesting and potentially moving character arc. Also, KITSUNE. :-)

The poetry fiend in me was thrilled to see Ariwara no Narihira and the Manyoshu quoted (and in Japanese as well as English!).

I seem to be the only person with this problem, so it's probably just the display settings on my computer ... but I had to click about an inch above any text I wanted to select. This hasn't happened with other Ren'py games, but if no one else has this issue, don't mind me. I'm using Windows 8.

Looking forward to the full release!

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Please see http://trash.moe
Projects: the head well lost
Organization: L3
Tumblr: narihira
Deviantart: crownwaltz
itch: lore

#49 Post by Camille »

Dreamtigers wrote:I seem to be the only person with this problem, so it's probably just the display settings on my computer ... but I had to click about an inch above any text I wanted to select. This hasn't happened with other Ren'py games, but if no one else has this issue, don't mind me. I'm using Windows 8.
Oh gosh that's really strange... I haven't heard of other people with this issue so I'm not sure what it could be but I'll keep it in mind and see if there's anything in the code that could be causing it. Sorry for the trouble!

Also, Spirit Parade has been Greenlit by Valve! This means that upon release in late spring, the game will be on Steam. Thank you so much to everyone for your support and kind words for the last few weeks! We never dreamed we'd get greenlit so quickly but we're absolutely thrilled and humbled. We're going to continue to work hard to make Spirit Parade great, so please look forward to the full release in late spring!

The full game will be available for download and purchase both on Steam and itch.io at the same time a couple of months from now, but pre-orders are still open right now at a discounted $10 here at itch.io and you can also download the free demo if you'd like to give the game a try first!

Please follow our dev blog for the latest updates!

philip
Miko-Class Veteran

#50 Post by philip »

@Camille-

Just went back into the game to see if I would have a problem clicking on any text - NOPE! Maybe Dreamtigers is having a small problem with their computer.

philip

P. S. Just noticed that I had forgotten to make a post here after I played through the game; It was very nicely done, and I will be looking forward to seeing the completed version!
"One who has never made a mistake has never attempted anything!"
-
and
-
"Finish what you start"

annpan
Regular
Projects: Death Pledge -Wish of Blood-
Organization: Broken Wisteria or Qian.
Tumblr: waterlilyvn

#51 Post by annpan »

This game is definitely worth more than it's minimum price. I'm sold on this... though the one thing that irritates me is the sprite side version of the Nara on her wheelchair at the beginning. Is it me because it looks weird...? Anyhow, I'll continue on with the demo.

underbliss
Regular
Projects: Ebon Light
Tumblr: underbliss
Deviantart: Ahnna

#52 Post by underbliss »

Congrats on being Greenlit! That's amazing, and you guys have been so working hard, congrats!

mayshing
Regular
Completed: Once an Artist, E-Depth Angel: Pinocchio's Murder
Projects: Be Mine Mr. Divine, Mizuchi, Assess K
Organization: Altabe Studio LLC
Deviantart: Mayshing

#53 Post by mayshing »

This looks amazing and unique. I have to get my hands on it to play the demo! Love the characters and the art!
That's the way life outta be

AERenoir
Veteran

#54 Post by AERenoir »

Ooo, congrats on Greenlit!

I love the demo. It's so pretty <3 And oh, all the snark! I'm all in awe and despair now skjhfkghkbrhknb
I love the nice touch of the poem. It's from Man'yōshū? A book of poems from Japan's Nara Period? Eheheh...

pickle131
Veteran
Tumblr: pickle131

#55 Post by pickle131 »

This looks incredible! I've studied a bit on Japanese mythology for school so I'm really excited to try this. The designs are gorgeous too.
Sayuri [ freelance actress / singer / fangirl & stuff]

Erikka
Regular

#56 Post by Erikka »

Can't wait for the release! Guys, do you know the approximate date?)

xxxSakura
Regular

#57 Post by xxxSakura »

Omg, this looks so amazing, I'm definitely going to get it when it's out! Out of curiosity, did you guys get inspiration from the Hyakki Yagyo parade from Japanese folklore? That's the first thing the title reminded me of!

JJupiterJump
Regular

#58 Post by JJupiterJump »

Congratulations on getting Greenlit!

I'm so excited for this game it looks amazing! I'm really interested in Nara (especially since she's the heroine, whoa), since you guys won't just be sweeping her disability under the rug once she gets to the spirit world. I'm interested to see her character development throughout the story since I have multiple friends suffering with physical disabilities and I've seen how it's changed them.

rmt_2011
Regular
Projects: Lacrimosa ~ Nightmare Terror, Deceptive Dreams
Deviantart: Pie-inator

#59 Post by rmt_2011 »

I really can't wait until the game comes out :D I pre-ordered it a while ago since this looks amazing

Laluune
Regular

#60 Post by Laluune »

Huge congratulations on being Greenlit, I felt compelled to comment after seeing the game backgrounds. As someone that can't draw a tree to save her life, I want to say that the backgrounds are gorgeous :O The costume design is also superb.

You asked for UI feedback in the first post, but I don't know if you still are. I had nothing really to say though, you picked a good legible font, I'm not straining to make out words, which is good for VNs. The colouring of some of the text could be a tad light to be sitting on the background (noteably here - http://40.media.tumblr.com/cc193225bfd9 ... 8_1280.png) I think it's because it's the same colouring as the pattern texture in the background which is pretty detailing that I'm ultimately meant to ignore. I also expect if I'm in Options, for Options to be highlighted (or darkened/underlined/pink? etc) in the menu on the left. I'm totally nitpicking though, I think it all looks really awesome.

Can't wait to play :)