Cash vs Yandere [Survival|Black Comedy|GxB|GxG] - Up: Horai

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Coren
Mindscrew Driver
Completed: Dear Mariko, Six Rules, Ribbon of Green, RE: Prince of Nigeria, Doppelganger, Cole's Gate Demo, Crimson Rafflesia Demo, Mica: Apoptosis Demo
Projects: Crimson Rafflesia, Mica: Apoptosis, Fantasy Euthanasia
Organization: Soyasushi Productions
Tumblr: CorenBaili
Deviantart: CorenB

Cash vs Yandere [Survival|Black Comedy|GxB|GxG] - Up: Horai

#1 Post by Coren »

Alright, so while I do have my hands full with college, Mica: Apoptosis and Crimson Rafflesia, I recently realised that I'm simply incapable of producing enough brain juice to work constantly on a huge project unless I have a separate small 'inspiration' project to go along with it. Since Ribbon of Green, RE: Prince of Nigeria and Six Rules have already been released, I decided to start on a new little niche.

You can sort of consider this a sequel to RE: Prince of Nigeria, because it's going to be just as serious. Which means not very serious at all.

STORY
I'm in college now. A new, fascinating environment in a new country, away from all the baggage of my past...
... Except that two of my friends came along, too. And they have this trait of being just a little mentally unstable.
Oh, what a bother...

Midori "Cash" Kashuu is an Economics freshman with a bright future, but now she is literally fearing for her life. Two boys, both her childhood friends, just happened to end up in the same university as her, and both of them are completely, utterly, and hopelessly in love with her. Which isn't so bad. Except they both have this bad habit of stalking, murder and general creepiness, which involves cutting up any boys she talks to, each other if she ever shows one of them just a bit more affection than the other, and even her if she ever tries to drift away from them...

Geez, and I was hoping to survive college, too.

You don’t want to die just yet. It’ll suck to get killed so early. You have a good life in front of you. You want to get good grades, find a job, maybe a boyfriend or a girlfriend. And you can’t go to the police. The only way to survive is to keep them happy. And that means not to talk to other people too much. That also means to show them equal and undivided attention, without showing a little more favour to either of them.

It’s even harder than it sounds. Any misstep could mean your death. You don’t really care, but you probably would rather not die if you could help it.

Characters

Cash (Midori Kashuu) (18)
(The above is concept art, not the final sprite.)
Preliminary design
Cash is a first-year Economics student at the prestigious University of Carmentree. She enjoys eating, sleeping, money and The Wall Street Journal. Her 'friends' may or may not want to kill her. She doesn't really care, but she'd rather not die, because that'll be, well, kinda undesirable.

Dalen Proctor (20)
Dalen was a schoolyard bully that our protagonist Cash knew from grade school, who has reformed his bullying ways and become a fairly decent guy. Maybe. He spent two years before going to college serving the army as a combat medic, and he wears a lab coat everywhere and claims to love helping people. He has a crass demeanor, is pretty impatient, and still spends quite a lot of time throwing snarky comments at Cash. He doesn’t seem too bad, but you might want to be careful when treading around him if you want to live. He has a bit of an uncanny interest in blood. And the colour red. And the effects of different drugs on the human body.

Juris Lowe (18)
Juris is a polite, mild-mannered boy, and a first-year Law student. He has a refined personality, and has been Cash's friend since pre-school. He gets along decently well with Dalen... as long as Cash treads carefully, that is.

Lilian Owen (19)
Horai's cousin and Cash's friend, extremely beautiful and sweet to a fault. She studies Music.

Horai Owen (15)
Just some stupid high school kid who likes to pop by once in a while. She loves princes and giving money away. That's why Cash likes her.
She is the younger sister of Cash’s dormmate. She has a part time job as an online writer, and rumour says that she once lost $10,000 to a Nigerian prince, though she never confirmed or denied it.

Aldrich "Rich" Hastley (17)
Horai's friend, who wants to study Computer Science.

Aaron Hastley (25)
Rich's older brother, a scowling local librarian.

Yohan Anryens (18)
Cash's economics classmate, and a boy who just never gives up.

—-

FEATURES
* 15+ Death Endings
* 3 Good Endings
* 1 True Ending
* You can get a boyfriend while you’re at it
* Or a girlfriend
* The yanderes won’t be happy, though.

This game is pretty much going to be some kind of ‘reverse-otome’ survival game, in the sense that you have to interact with the boys, but not to date them, instead to make sure that you give them equal attention such that they feel sufficiently appreciated not to murder your ass. It’s going to be a bloody Friday.

----
Team
Writer/Programmer: Coren
Artist: Angela Hu
Musician: Blake Cordell

Follow the Development Blog for new updates here!
Last edited by Coren on Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:07 am, edited 31 times in total.

curry nochi rice
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Delicatessen, Whom to Notice, Start of Something, Love Sorcery
Organization: Circle Cosine
IRC Nick: Curry
itch: project-rothera

Re: My Yandere Friends Won't Leave Me Alone! [Title Pending]

#2 Post by curry nochi rice »

Can I get
Cash's dismembered body being cached in one of the guy's locker
ending? or
Dalen using Cash's dead body as his personal cadaver
? is this game not really that extreme hahahahah.

Juris Low sounds like Juris Law.... but then you here Juris a lot of times in the field of law. I even ended up thinking that it's a legit name until I saw the (name pending) beside it.
Personal (R-13) | Now at IndieDB | Circle Cosine's itch.io
I wanna be done.

Coren
Mindscrew Driver
Completed: Dear Mariko, Six Rules, Ribbon of Green, RE: Prince of Nigeria, Doppelganger, Cole's Gate Demo, Crimson Rafflesia Demo, Mica: Apoptosis Demo

#3 Post by Coren »

curry nochi rice wrote:Can I get
Cash's dismembered body being cached in one of the guy's locker
ending? or
Dalen using Cash's dead body as his personal cadaver
? is this game not really that extreme hahahahah.

Juris Low sounds like Juris Law.... but then you here Juris a lot of times in the field of law. I even ended up thinking that it's a legit name until I saw the (name pending) beside it.
Haha I'm not even putting any effort into NOT thinking of ridiculously punny names. I'm even debating the name "Justice", lol.

(Dalen Proctor is "Doctor", hint hint)
(Cash's name is literally "green cash".)

And yeah, I guess it can get pretty bloody. Cos yay, black comedy. :P And like RE: Prince of Nigeria it's not going to be particularly realistic (or Cash would've just gone to the freaking police).

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#4 Post by azureXtwilight »

OH MAI GAWD THIS IS A BRILLIANT IDEA.

Ahem. I am waiting so excitedly for this. I am hoping to see gorefest, of course, and sarcasm like in Re:PoN ;)

hannikka
Tumblr: hannikka
Deviantart: hannikka

#5 Post by hannikka »

it sounds really good especially because there are not so many male yandere....... they are kind of more creepy than yandere female for some weird reason

Coren
Mindscrew Driver

Re: Cash vs Yandere: A Yandere Survival Game

#6 Post by Coren »

Thanks guys! I've doodled an actual faceset WIP for Cash, so here she is!

polterghast
Projects: Do We Have a Deal?, Sludge.
Organization: Ouroboros Games
IRC Nick: Kit
Tumblr: ouroborosgames

#7 Post by polterghast »

Oh my goodness, this idea sounds absolutely amazing. A great twist on your average yandere story, I am actually quite excited about this! Also Cash is an amazing concept for a protag all I instantly wanted to do was doodle her with shades with the text 'cash money cash money cash money'

Now for something slightly more productive. As far as name suggestions go, my immediate thought was 'Money Can't Buy Me Love'.
I wish you the best of luck with this, and would really really like to see it finished. ;w;

dreamy
Regular
Organization: Cloud9 Dreams
Tumblr: fey-en

#8 Post by dreamy »

AHHHHHHHHHH this looks so cool!!! I love the idea and I was laughing all the way while reading through the plot and the puns in the characters' name. Gotta love black comedies! I think the title seems fine, pretty eye-catching actually and Cash looks really cute! Most of my sentences are ending in exclamation marks so I'm clearly excited!! I would love to play this if you plan to go through with it!!! :D :D :D
"Listen to the silence, it's so blissful...
So calm down and listen..."

pickle131
Veteran
Tumblr: pickle131

#9 Post by pickle131 »

I want to try this so bad when/if it comes out xD I actually really like the first name, "My Yandere Friends Won't Leave Me Alone!"
Sayuri [ freelance actress / singer / fangirl & stuff]

Rossfellow
Veteran
Projects: Sedatophobia
Organization: Team 3Edgy
Deviantart: l-rossfellow

#10 Post by Rossfellow »

- The Yandere Among Us
:lol:

I hope this Cash girl would be as badass as Bigby with that title.

I like how she seems to be 100% aware of her friends' psychopathic tendencies, almost like keeping them at bay is a chore. With a synopsis like that, I'd probably call this the "Long Live The Queen: Deadly College Romance Simulator".
ImageImage
Sedatophobia (latin SedatoPhobia)
___(n) 1: The averse reaction to stillness, silence and/or state of helplessness.
______2: (Psychology) A state of distress where the victim's sense of reality can no longer keep up with his or her imagination.
______Related: Madness, Paranoia, Despair

Coren
Mindscrew Driver

#11 Post by Coren »

Thanks for the support guys! :P I think I'll stick with Cash vs Yandere as the main title, but one of the above as a subtitle. Which of these do you guys think would be a good idea?

- Cash vs Yandere: Money Can't Buy Love
- Cash vs Yandere: My Yandere Friends Won't Leave Me Alone!
- Cash vs Yandere: Etc.

Just finished Cash's sprite - might post it up soon!

hannikka
Tumblr: hannikka
Deviantart: hannikka

#12 Post by hannikka »

i like this subtitle

Cash vs Yandere: My Yandere Friends Won't Leave Me Alone!

dreamy
Regular
Organization: Cloud9 Dreams
Tumblr: fey-en

#13 Post by dreamy »

I also vote for 'My Yandere Friends won't Leave me Alone!' XD

EDIT: On second thought, maybe the word 'yandere' could be replaced with a synonym since it might be too repetitive in the title. However, I can't think of any synonym that would better fit right now so the it can be left like it is.
"Listen to the silence, it's so blissful...
So calm down and listen..."

khnachi
Veteran
Location: Somewhere in those 7,107 islands in the Philippines.

#14 Post by khnachi »

I just love that title, if this will as "serious" as prince of nigeria then I simply can't wait!
btw cash looks so cute! :mrgreen:

Godline
Veteran
Completed: numerous
Tumblr: godlinegames
Deviantart: godline-games
itch: godline

#15 Post by Godline »

Oh wow! You did Ribbon of Green and RE: Prince of Nigeria! I didn't even realize this at first! ;)
You have my utmost respect. :) Hope you go all the way with this idea.