Do We Have a Deal? [BxB][Dark Fantasy/Supernatural, Romance]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Grimdark Pod
Regular
Projects: Do We Have a Deal?
Organization: Ouroboros Games
IRC Nick: Pod
Tumblr: ouroborosgames
Deviantart: choco-doodle

Re: Do We Have a Deal? [BxB][Dark Fantasy/Supernatural, Roma

#76 Post by Grimdark Pod »

kisa wrote:*watches the massacre from the creeperbush with binoculars*
You can say fanbase. It's a legitimate term for what you already have.
Or perhaps in my case, stalker enthusiastic fan...
Well, it's a good job we welcome all stalkers enthusiastic fans.

Also, good news everyone! Aside from the textboxes, the GUI is COM-PLETE-D!

The eyeglow from the skull beautifully illuminates the game's name.
It's animated to dim and brighten, for added Hellish atmosphere (though this image is, in fact, static; no gifs just yet, the minions took a coffee break).

Fun Fact: The runic symbols around the circle on the left translate to "Do Not Vandalise School Property", which... some wiseass young demon has promptly vandalised with an uplifting message.
It's the same with the Save screen. You just can't trust demons these days. Honestly.

Change your preferences here to enjoy selling your soul YOUR way.

See the tiny little ruby quill? I made that cursor. With my own two feet. -radiates pride-

And updated the first post with our new GUI.

ColaCat
Veteran

#77 Post by ColaCat »

Grimdark Pod wrote:
ColaCat wrote:Yes, they are! Plus, it's a great way to call a friend an idiot while still letting them know that you don't mean it and you love them really.
Can't wait to see what else Kit the group comes up with! ^_^
No problem!
-gasps dramatically-
Excuse you, I am contributing greatly to the creation of the GUI. In fact, I've created an entire runic alphabet, which is largely redundant because unless you have the translated letters you can't really read it thus rendering my hours of work utterly useless practically, so that's a thing.
That happened. That I did.

Faux offence aside, we actually have collaborated almost everything about the GUI -- though, credit where credit is due, Kit's the one making it all nice and shiny and beautiful with her painterly skills. And, though I did the menu "font" (if you can call those scribbles a font), she did make the title font from scratch, by hand, backwards, up a hill, in the snow and the rain, whilst being chased by a pack of rabid squirrels and one single zombie chipmunk. Which, in my opinion, makes for some amazing artwork. I ought to release the squirrels more often.

XD No offence intended. It takes skill to create an entire alphabet that works at the same time as not working. And I think I would like to see the release of zombie chipmunks. That would make for a Hollywood blockbuster...

^_^ Loving the screencaps.
Trick the Master of all Tricks wrote: You're a fucking idiot.
-_- Such words of wisdom. It's ancient sayings like these that truly mean something.

kisa
Veteran
Completed: Brother Rose, Dogs Alone
Projects: So many projects, I can't name them.
Deviantart: tsubasafan135
itch: kisa

#78 Post by kisa »

There's a way to animate menus with ATL (actually, I don't know if it's ATL... It's code. That's all I know.).
I don't know if that would help any...
I'm offering commissions!
viewtopic.php?f=62&t=41656

Grimdark Pod
Regular

#79 Post by Grimdark Pod »

ColaCat wrote:XD No offence intended. It takes skill to create an entire alphabet that works at the same time as not working. And I think I would like to see the release of zombie chipmunks. That would make for a Hollywood blockbuster...

-_- Such words of wisdom. It's ancient sayings like these that truly mean something.
Nibblez 2: Attack of the Zombie Chipmunks.
And thank you! Some of said alphabet is actually in the new GUI -- namely the vandalised circles, and the little runes in lines on the scrolls of the Load and Save screens.

Such inspiring words by the Master of All Tricks! We ought to preserve them for future generations to come.

You're welcome.

There's a way to animate menus with ATL (actually, I don't know if it's ATL... It's code. That's all I know.).
I don't know if that would help any...
It's cool, we have it covered! Kit's fiddled with it and created a rather impressive glow. She just didn't provide me with the frames to create an animated gif so you can see it in action.
Thank you, though! The thought was very much appreciated and written down on a little piece of paper for our Thought Jar. Every full moon we take one and flick it into the howling wind, in the hopes of a good Thought Harvest that month.

kisa
Veteran

#80 Post by kisa »

Yay~

Just know that if that man you killed comes back and won't shush about you being his wife, I'll help you banish him... (Weird/obscure movie reference, yay.)

Grimdark Pod
Regular

#81 Post by Grimdark Pod »

kisa wrote:Yay~

Just know that if that man you killed comes back and won't shush about you being his wife, I'll help you banish him... (Weird/obscure movie reference, yay.)
I have never killed a man in my life he said with the assurance of demon twice his age.
But I appreciate the offer of aid, and I shall look you up when I next need an alibi.

In another note, I'm afraid I'm painfully ignorant of what movie you're referencing; more fool, me.

kisa
Veteran

#82 Post by kisa »

XD
The movie is Practical Magic.
It's worth watching. But, that may just be my preferences shoving things at other people.

Next time you need an alibi, just say that I had you locked in my basement helping me develop something. Like my plan to kidnap more awesome people.

ColaCat
Veteran

#83 Post by ColaCat »

Grimdark Pod wrote:
ColaCat wrote:XD No offence intended. It takes skill to create an entire alphabet that works at the same time as not working. And I think I would like to see the release of zombie chipmunks. That would make for a Hollywood blockbuster...

Nibblez 2: Attack of the Zombie Chipmunks.
And thank you! Some of said alphabet is actually in the new GUI -- namely the vandalised circles, and the little runes in lines on the scrolls of the Load and Save screens.

Such inspiring words by the Master of All Tricks! We ought to preserve them for future generations to come.

You're welcome.

^_^ Ah, I can imagine the trailer already! Bets on whether Bruce Willis or Liam Neeson star?

^o^ Oh gosh, that is the best. You've got to put that in the extras! XD

Well I hope you put a full list of the non-pronounceable alphabet in the extras! It really does take skill to make the foundations of a new language like that. Not that I've tried or anything... >_<

^_^ Pod, the amount of film recommendations you're getting! XD
Since I feel like adding to the list, you should totally watch The Life of Brian! haha, safe with this one, because if you've watched it before you should totally just watch it again...

The title screens all look great. Ugh! So excited to play it already! >_<

Grimdark Pod
Regular

#84 Post by Grimdark Pod »

kisa wrote:XD
The movie is Practical Magic.
It's worth watching. But, that may just be my preferences shoving things at other people.

Next time you need an alibi, just say that I had you locked in my basement helping me develop something. Like my plan to kidnap more awesome people.
Ooh, I'll have to look it up. It sounds like a goodie.

Yes, that's an excellent alibi-- wait, what.
I'm sorry, but if you're interested in kidnapping me, you have to kidnap Kit too. We're a package deal; two for the price of one. Plus she owns my soul, and I hers, so we are spiritually inseparable.
ColaCat wrote:^_^ Ah, I can imagine the trailer already! Bets on whether Bruce Willis or Liam Neeson star?

^o^ Oh gosh, that is the best. You've got to put that in the extras! XD

Well I hope you put a full list of the non-pronounceable alphabet in the extras! It really does take skill to make the foundations of a new language like that. Not that I've tried or anything... >_<

^_^ Pod, the amount of film recommendations you're getting! XD
Since I feel like adding to the list, you should totally watch The Life of Brian! haha, safe with this one, because if you've watched it before you should totally just watch it again...

The title screens all look great. Ugh! So excited to play it already! >_<
Bruce Willis is my vote, he's a lot more fun than Liam Neeson. -gestures to The Whole Nine Yards and The Whole Ten Yards-

Keke, I actually have no idea how to pronounce any of the runes. There's just one rune per letter of the English language, so they're easily interchangeable. We may just put the whole alphabet in extras, unlockable in the game, so if people care to play it again and go down a different route, they can use it to translate the runes they'll see in the game. Might be fun.
Might put the stone plaque in there too. Just for kicks.

Pffttt, as if I haven't seen the Life of Brian. Monty Python is inspirational. I had a boxset of DVDs. It's in the attic somewhere. The Holy Grail is my all-time favourite, though. As well as And Now For Something Completely Different.

Yeeeeeeeees, get hyped. Sell your soul.

Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: WtRF
Organization: Harmonic Dreams
IRC Nick: Rinima or Charlie
Deviantart: Emlindes

#85 Post by Rinima »

Totally unrelated, but I couldn't help but notice that Kit is from England. Are you both from England? Are you from North England dearly hopes so

And will there be British humour in this that no one will understand unless your British? I have a picture I wanted to post where someone of Tumblr asked who Henry was followed bt *faint laugher from Britain* but couldn't find it ;~;
Pronouns: They/them or He/him

Grimdark Pod
Regular

#86 Post by Grimdark Pod »

Rinima wrote:Totally unrelated, but I couldn't help but notice that Kit is from England. Are you both from England? Are you from North England dearly hopes so

And will there be British humour in this that no one will understand unless your British? I have a picture I wanted to post where someone of Tumblr asked who Henry was followed bt *faint laugher from Britain* but couldn't find it ;~;
Yes, we are! We're both English, but we're sadly from the East, not the North. Alas, we cannot meet for tea and crumpets perpetuating all-too-true stereotypes is a fun pasttime.
There may be some British humour in this, as well as (possibly) the odd historical joke tossed in there for funsies (that no-one will probably get). Considering the sass levels of the characters in DWHaD, it's incredibly likely (especially in consideration of two of Dis Academy's teachers who have yet to be properly introduced, who are a very English duo -- though how that will play out considering the time period is a big hmmmmmmm).

ColaCat
Veteran

#87 Post by ColaCat »

Liam Neeson has a particular set of skills, I think he's be very good for the job! See how I snuck that in there? :3

Oooh, that sounds like a good feature. I think I would play it so many times, just because I want to put that on my CV it's such an amazing game... >_<

Oh, The Holy Grail is a bit gory for me, although I do find it funny. XD Those coconuts for horse hoof noises though...

Oh no! You've got me into a Monty Python mood. *goes around doing a funny walk*

"I'm Brian, and so's my wife!"

Yay! A fellow Brit! Let us unite! *queue's to join the revolution*

I look forward to seeing a bit of our humour in this.

Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: WtRF
Organization: Harmonic Dreams
IRC Nick: Rinima or Charlie
Deviantart: Emlindes

#88 Post by Rinima »

Grimdark Pod wrote:
Rinima wrote:Totally unrelated, but I couldn't help but notice that Kit is from England. Are you both from England? Are you from North England dearly hopes so

Yes, we are! We're both English, but we're sadly from the East, not the North. Alas, we cannot meet for tea and crumpets perpetuating all-too-true stereotypes is a fun pasttime.
There may be some British humour in this, as well as (possibly) the odd historical joke tossed in there for funsies (that no-one will probably get). Considering the sass levels of the characters in DWHaD, it's incredibly likely (especially in consideration of two of Dis Academy's teachers who have yet to be properly introduced, who are a very English duo -- though how that will play out considering the time period is a big hmmmmmmm).
Aww, shame, as well I don't actually like tea /shot
Okaie Dokie~ British humour is fun, and historical jokes are hilarious, so I look forward to seeing the -very- English teachers XD
And ColaCat's British?!
Pronouns: They/them or He/him

Grimdark Pod
Regular

#89 Post by Grimdark Pod »

ColaCat wrote:Liam Neeson has a particular set of skills, I think he's be very good for the job! See how I snuck that in there? :3

Oooh, that sounds like a good feature. I think I would play it so many times, just because I want to put that on my CV it's such an amazing game... >_<

Oh, The Holy Grail is a bit gory for me, although I do find it funny. XD Those coconuts for horse hoof noises though...

Oh no! You've got me into a Monty Python mood. *goes around doing a funny walk*

"I'm Brian, and so's my wife!"

Yay! A fellow Brit! Let us unite! *queue's to join the revolution*

I look forward to seeing a bit of our humour in this.
I see what you did there.
Aaaah, thank you so much! We are honestly both extremely psyched by the reaction we're getting for this game.

Monty Python moods are always appropriate, hehe.

Huzzah! More Brits. We used to rule the world, you know.
Rinima wrote:Aww, shame, as well I don't actually like tea /shot
Okaie Dokie~ British humour is fun, and historical jokes are hilarious, so I look forward to seeing the -very- English teachers XD
And ColaCat's British?!

Fun Fact: The city of Dis acquired tea long before it became popular in England, solely thanks to Chinese demons who brought their culture down to Hell with them.
I just realised that the male teacher's odd eyes and the era's curly-haired fashion makes him look strikingly like Mr Teatime from the Discworld novels.
Completely unintentional, he has a lovely swoop of blonde in present day.

Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Emma: A Lady's Maid (editor)
IRC Nick: MadHarlequin

#90 Post by Mad Harlequin »

This sketch made my day a thousand times better. Thanks! :)
I'm an aspiring writer and voice talent with a passion for literature and an unhealthy attachment to video games. I am also a seasoned typo-sniper. Inquiries are encouraged. Friendly chats are welcome.
"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."
— Mark Twain