Green Tea Latte [All Romance] [B/G x B/G] [Cafe Sim]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
ColaCat
Veteran

Re: Green Tea Latte [All Romance] [B/G x B/G] [Cafe Sim]

#61 Post by ColaCat »

Well if you have to postpone then don't worry, people will wait! It certainly looks like it would be worth it. ^_^

succuren
Deviantart: gabbypinetree

#62 Post by succuren »

Ahh rough sunshine sounds sooo nice and cheery omg
and soon.. soon i'll draw fanart for you HEHE
oh, and have fun making the game! we're all cheering for you~

Elmvine
Regular
itch: elmvine

#63 Post by Elmvine »

Oh my, where has this been all this time? I need this in my life! It looks absolutely adorable, and I love simulations. <3

1. First impression in general? (On story, game type etc.?)
Yes to everything. Story sounds interesting, and I have a strange love for being successful in simulations. I've noticed a lot of cafe VNs, and I'm not opposed to the idea. I want to play them all. :3

2. Any characters that you already interested in? Or characters you already think of as boring
Probably Tracey and Marianne sound the most interesting (as non mains), they just sound so nice. //weakness

3. Which character will you probably play as first?
Being an otome lover, I normally prefer females. However, xD I like hard workers and I'd much rather play as Ryuuga for that reason. He's just so cute... Then again, if he's also dateable... I may just have Travis go straight for him. e.e;;

4. The café management will influence the CGs you get, but not the endings (except for the bad ending). Is it fine like that or would you prefer the café management influencing the endings more?
While I enjoy varied endings, since they typically encourage replayability, I'm fine either way. It would be nice if we could see how the management affects the characters - but it's not a strong want.

5. Was the information on which character is dateable too confusing? XD' (I didn't know what to use other than the icons XD')
Nope! Totally understandable.

6. Other critique / suggestions / questions? Let me know >w<
Keep up the good work and get this out asap. xD

Erikka
Regular

#64 Post by Erikka »

"6 dateable characters (2 male and 2 female for each)"

Hi, but 2+2=4 then why there's written "6 dateable"? Or is it also possible to date Ryyga and Travis?)

Steamgirl
Veteran
Completed: My Cup of Coffee, Queen at Arms (co-wrote a battle scene)
Projects: Stranded Hearts, Emma: A Lady's Maid
Deviantart: steamgirlgame

#65 Post by Steamgirl »

They way I understood it, it's possible to date Ryuuga and Travis. If you look at the characters, they have hearts next to them, which means you can date them.
A heart with a male symbol is only dateable by the male character, and a female symbol only by a female character. So Travis cannot date Cyan, but she *can* date Yuria.

Erikka
Regular

#66 Post by Erikka »

That would be great!) I prefer GxB games so it's really nice if Travis can date Ryuuga.

Demetis
Regular

#67 Post by Demetis »

@ succuren: Lol take all the time of the world omg 8DDD -taking my time too- ; v ;

@ Elmvine: Thank you very much for the feedback! >w< So far, the management influences a lot of in-game events and the characters too, so I hope you will find it enjoyable ovob I'm trying to find a balance between giving the game replayability but not forcing the player the replay too much to at least get all the regular endings >w<

@ Erikka & Steamgirl: Thank you for explaining on my behalf lol XD But yeah, Steamgirl got it right ovo To list up simply, it works like this -will put this onto the starting page too-
Play as Ryuuga and date: Travis, Marianne, Tracey, Cyan
Play as Travis and date: Ryuuga, Tracey, Marianne, Yuria
So the playable chars also serve as dateable chars >w< That's why "6" dateable characters in total XD

------------------------------

Small status report. There has been some re-planning for the project. I have put the whole sprites and icons on hiatus for now. A few things IRL have happened, so I am gonna apply for an art school during the next two months and will have to work on my portfolio (which have to contain some non-anime-related things XD') Therefor, I have started working on the backgrounds instead >w<!
At the moment I'm making a few simple renders with SketchUp and (trying to) overdraw them ovo I hope to be able to post some sneakpeeks soon!
The whole re-planning might push the demo release back by one-two months but I do what I can >w<! -has a whole lot to do but tons of fun wah- 8D

ColaCat
Veteran

#68 Post by ColaCat »

I hope everything IRL sorts itself out! And good luck in art school! ^_^

wendybirdx
Regular

#69 Post by wendybirdx »

1. First impression in general? (On story, game type etc.?)
Okay, the absolute first thing that caught my eye is the amazing character design. Oh my goodness!! I loved the story, just for the fact that it's simple and can make way for conflict in many ways.
2. Any characters that you already interested in? Or characters you already think of as boring?
Honestly, they all seem great to me. Really, I cannot compliment you enough on their design. The only thing that might be said is that Cyan looks much older than the rest rather than the youngest? I don't feel it'll get in the way, though!
3. Which character will you probably play as first?
Oooh, I don't know...I guess Travis!
4. The café management will influence the CGs you get, but not the endings (except for the bad ending). Is it fine like that or would you prefer the café management influencing the endings more?
Sounds fine to me!
5. Was the information on which character is dateable too confusing? XD' (I didn't know what to use other than the icons XD')
Yeah, don't worry! haha it even looks cleaner that way.
6. Other critique / suggestions / questions? Let me know >w<
I'm so in love with it already I honestly can't even critique it in any other way haha good luck!! I'm so excited for this!

Oh, also, would you happen to have any other refs for the characters? Esp. Tracey and Marianne. They seem so fun to draw!
And good luck with your art school!! It is so much pressure haha but you're already so good, I'm sure you can do it! ☆d(o⌒∇⌒o)b

Demetis
Regular

#70 Post by Demetis »

@ ColaCat: Thank you so much! >w< For the constant support from the beginning too waaaah ; v ; <3

@ wendybirdx: Thank you so much for the feedback! >w< I am really glad you like the character designs XD I tried my best to think of designs that would fit their character and background stories wah >w<
And yes mhm I will probably convert them and upload with the next update then! XD At the beginning I thought of posting some but was afraid the images were too big so went chibi style instead wah 8'D And thanks for the encouragement! >w< I will definitely give it my all!

ColaCat
Veteran

#71 Post by ColaCat »

*showers you with more constant support* ^o^

Erikka
Regular

#72 Post by Erikka »

"Play as Travis and date: Ryuuga, Tracey, Marianne, Yuria"

I'm sorry but does it mean that it's impossible for Travis to date Cyan?? :( :cry:

Demetis
Regular

#73 Post by Demetis »

ColaCat wrote:*showers you with more constant support* ^o^
-flooded and drowns- 8D //slapped Thanks <3

@ Erikka: Yes. If you play as Travis, you won't be able to date Cyan. If you ask why XD Well, there are just some kind of characters that don't like eachother XD" I do not plan to change it either, so sorry to disappoint >w< (Hope you will be able to settle for Ryuuga or Tracey instead XD )

ColaCat
Veteran

#74 Post by ColaCat »

Oh, that's quite a good idea. I don't think I've seen a VN where characters can't date because there are some kinds of people who just don't get along like that. A refreshing change!

^_^ And no problem!

potouto
Veteran
Projects: (งツ)ว
Organization: MOONBBIT☆

#75 Post by potouto »

Demetis wrote:If you ask why XD Well, there are just some kind of characters that don't like eachother XD"
You mean like some characters are just gay and don't like women 8D

It has been a while since I commented but things look great so far ehuehuehuehue
Good luck with the portfolio ~!

yeah well | commission | website