Green Tea Latte [All Romance] [B/G x B/G] [Cafe Sim]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
ColaCat
Veteran

Re: Green Tea Latte [All Romance] [B/G x B/G] [Cafe Sim]

#16 Post by ColaCat »

Ah, I suppose so. If you keep it then it's fine, I was just giving an opinion! ^_^

OO That is very good for a sketchy version! Can't wait to see more updates!

potouto
Veteran
Projects: (งツ)ว
Organization: MOONBBIT☆

#17 Post by potouto »

Before we poke at Cyan can we slow down and rethink?? Since this game is pure puppy love I don't really see any problem with his age, yeah?? In P3P there is a romance option between the main character (17) and Ken Amada (10) but they stay at puppy love and as far as they go, they only holding hands and he promised to prove he will be a man, she just had to wait a few years for him to grow up.

Dayumm the main menu look hella nice but they are staring at my soul, still can't get over how shoujo is your art style. We discussed about this didn't we?? Great job as usual!! At least you didn't procrastinate like me hehe.

yeah well | commission | website

Demetis
Regular

#18 Post by Demetis »

@ColaCat: And your opinion was very appreciated, so thanks! >w< And I'm trying my best haha 8'D I haven't drawn any backgrounds in a loooong time so this thing will take a while to finish.

@Josie: Okay whut now I wanna play P3P even more to see what's going on there XD But thank you very much! XD I haven't been fighting exams like you though so guess you procrastinating is fineeeee 8D //slapped
I got a shoujo art style forever lol unless I draw semi realism 8D

--

A side question that came up while I am working on the gameplay document.

Do you guys prefer being able to see the character's current stats (intelligence, social etc.) all the time on the screen or is having to call a stats menu okay?

ZennyZenZen
Regular
Projects: Perfection Project
Deviantart: omgimawriter
Github: ZenNaari

#19 Post by ZennyZenZen »

1. First impression in general? (On story, game type etc.?)
My first impression so far. The art is really cute, my type of art. Simple yet distinct. As I said before, I loved games like diner dash, and I have a good feeling that this game, while different from DD, will not disappoint. The very idea of a story-based cafe simulation already seems really fun.

2. Any characters that you already interested in? Or characters you already think of as boring?
Yuria Yuria Yuria Yuria Yuria Yuria Yuria Yuria YURIA YURIA RURIA RUYIA YURIA!!!!! YUURRRIIAAAA!!!!

WHY IS SHE THE TWIN SISTER DAMNIT! I WANT HEERRRRRR! THIS GAME MUST HAVE INCEST@! LET IT HAVE INCEST NAAOOO!

3. Which character will you probably play as first?
Travis does have an interesting background, but since I have a choice, I would much rather play as Ryuuga. Since the game is about running a cafe, I think it's best to have a character that already has a bonus skill of making asian food, compared to a 2-year NEET with a sense of style.

I might play Travis after playing the game through as Ryuuga. Because Yuria is dateable with her.

4. The café management will influence the CGs you get, but not the endings (except for the bad ending). Is it fine like that or would you prefer the café management influencing the endings more?
I don't know how the system works, and quite frankly, I can't predict how it's going to work. So I'll say this, if cafe management is easy, let it influence the ending, otherwise don't. A challenging game will make decisions made outside of work to feel more real, thus imo would be better to influence the ending on those decisions rather than how you manage the cafe.

But it really depends on the system. Release a demo and I'll tell you what I think then.

5. Was the information on which character is dateable too confusing? XD' (I didn't know what to use other than the icons XD')
YURIA! oh hey. 'Yuri'-a. hahaha. I got the joke. hahaha. I WANT YURIA DAMNIT! It was clear as day.

6. Other critique / suggestions / questions? Let me know >w<
I'm pretty sure it's set in stone for Yuria to be Ryuuga's sister, therefore undateable (unless incest). But if it is at all possible to put Yuria outside the family. 2nd cousin? Family friend? Not blood related? That would be great.

Haven't played the game yet. Don't have that much of a critique to give.

Do you guys prefer being able to see the character's current stats (intelligence, social etc.) all the time on the screen or is having to call a stats menu okay?
That is a good question. While I don't want to go out of my way to look at a stats menu, a displayable stat seems kinda distracting. But it depends on how you draw it. If you decide to make it part of the HUD, make it subtle. Perhaps putting a heart beside each character's name when they're speaking that appears in different colors depending on their relationship with you might be nice.

Aqacia
Regular

#20 Post by Aqacia »

I think it's really nice, more relaxed and just seems like a enjoyable game in contrast to some games that i've played recently and i like the whole concept of two playable characters it really drew me in.

2. Any characters that you already interested in? Or characters you already think of as boring?
Yuria seems very interesting to me. As for boring characters i don't really think any of them are boring but thats just my opinion.

The girl definitely but will then replay with the male.

4. The café management will influence the CGs you get, but not the endings (except for the bad ending). Is it fine like that or would you prefer the café management influencing the endings more?
I don't really mind, the way you set things out seems great and i don't think it needs any changing.

5. Was the information on which character is dateable too confusing? XD' (I didn't know what to use other than the icons XD')
For me personally it was a little difficult to tell the girl and the boy symbol apart, maybe thats just me but other then that no problems.

Nope none at all.

ColaCat
Veteran

#21 Post by ColaCat »

@Josie - I apologise if I came across as aggressive, or as if I was poking fun at Cyan. I was merely giving honest feedback. I see no problem with the age 15 at all (not that what I think really matters too much >_<), I was simply stating that 16 felt more "right". Besides, I love Cyan ^o^

I'm sure it will look great in the end. So no pressure then! Yes, loads of pressure...loads and loads...draw backgrounds until you forget how you forgot how to draw them! mwahaha. ^_^

Demetis
Regular

#22 Post by Demetis »

@ZennyPai: Ahhh I am glad you like her 8DDD I seriously considered writing a path for Ryuuga and Yuria at the beginning but >w< (Something so complicated is still out of my league atm XDDD It'll be a nice to have after I finish everything else OTL XD)
And thank you very much for the feedback! >w< -tries to finish demo asap for showing the gameplay- 8D

@Aqacia: Thank you very much! >w< For my first (more or less 8'D) VN I tried to make something more fluffy and relaxed! I'm glad to see ppl interested in playing the girl as well since most prefer playing the male XD

@ColaCat: All the love to Cyan yay 8DDD //slapped out of window -meanwhile dies under pressure to work- 8DD

-----

As for this week, I've been trying to wrap up all the GUI stuffs! Pretty much finished all screens except for the baking/cooking screen >w< So a tiny sneak peek on the GUI in this week's update XD Background is not mine though 8D

Pondering over if the right side of the screen looks too full >w<

potouto
Veteran
Projects: (งツ)ว
Organization: MOONBBIT☆

#23 Post by potouto »

Jesus Christ you are so talented at GUI
I'm so jealous right now ahh look at that beautiful textbox
Great job with the coding!!
Keep up the good work!!

yeah well | commission | website

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Trial By Fire, Heartbaked, Ellaria, Plain, This My Soul, The Pretenders Guild
Projects: Arena Circus
Tumblr: minyanstudios
itch: harlevin

#24 Post by minyan »

1. ohmygoshIwannaplaythissobad ;^; I can't wait until you get a demo out! I love cafe type sim games, so this is a dream come true. Plus the art is super cute!
2.Tracey is the most interesting to me so far- I love that passive aggressiveness in characters.
3. Probably Ryuuga, just because I like playing as guys.
4. I would like if the management had more impact on the ending, I feel it would give it more replayability
5. No I understood perfectly!
6. Good luck! Doing a game all by yourself is tough so don't lose hope! If you need motivation just know that there are people waiting (not so) patiently to play. :3 I mean, you know, take your time.
ImageImage

ZennyZenZen
Regular
Projects: Perfection Project
Deviantart: omgimawriter
Github: ZenNaari

#25 Post by ZennyZenZen »

GUI looks wonderful. 10/10 very jealous.

FrostkingDemetri
Regular
Tumblr: fkdemetri
Deviantart: fkdemetri

#26 Post by FrostkingDemetri »

Those are some gosh dang good looking assets~

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Trial By Fire, Heartbaked, Ellaria, Plain, This My Soul, The Pretenders Guild
Projects: Arena Circus
Tumblr: minyanstudios
itch: harlevin

#27 Post by minyan »

Man I keep checking this thread hoping for updates T^T I'm so impatient. And the more I look over the characters the more I'm interested in what Cyan's arc would be like...
If you need any help, let me know! Not sure how actually helpful I'll be but I can proofread, edit, let you hurl ideas at me until one hits me in the face and is amazing... xD Can't wait to see more. (:
ImageImage

Demetis
Regular

#28 Post by Demetis »

@ Josie & ZennyPai & FrostKingDemetri: Thank you guys so much! XD Trying my best to pump out as HQ assets as possible here >w< (So I can level up on my skills by making this game waaah XD)

@ minyan: Thank you for your kind words! XD And yes the challenge of creating a game on your own waaah >w< I'm having lots of fun though! XD I love Cafe Sims too so * v *
And thank you for the offer! I will be out looking for some ideasbouncer next month so I might poke you up on that! XD

--------------------------------

As a status update, more or less, no visuals to show at the moment XD I'm focused on finishing the gameplay programming at the moment so haven't been drawing much the last two weeks XD Working on the baking / cooking / recipe screen at the moment and since it's the main gameplay feature (and literally linked to almost every other screen OTL) it's going slowly, but steady XD
Schedule-wise, I should be able to finish the main gameplay programming within the next week or in two weeks the latest >w< (Aside of moving to new apartment and real life work waaah moving is slowing me down so much XD' ) After that I will be able to draw a lot more again and shower this thread with some more assets! XD

ColaCat
Veteran

#29 Post by ColaCat »

I hope the pressure doesn't become too much for you! As long as this sees the light...X_X

Erikka
Regular

#30 Post by Erikka »

1. I like your project! Looks adorable to me!
2. Cyan
3. Travis because I like playing as girls.
4. If you combine both it would be great)
5. Not at all.
6. Pity that Cyan is so young. I would like more mature story with him. He sounds great but he's only 15. It feels strange to have romance with somebody of that age... and he's so hot!)) Damn!!!
And I know I'm asking to much but more dateable male characters would be great... at least one more))