Green Tea Latte [All Romance] [B/G x B/G] [Cafe Sim]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Demetis
Regular

Green Tea Latte [All Romance] [B/G x B/G] [Cafe Sim]

#1 Post by Demetis »

Development Blog

Simulation / Slice - of - Life / Coming - of - Age

Green Tea Latte is a café life simulation game with Visual Novel elements.
While keeping the café running, work your way through recipes, managing your budget and navigating through the town, you will interact with other characters and make choices that lead you to different endings.
You will be able to choose between two playable characters at the beginning and play through their stories.

The 22-years-old Travis is cute, easy on the eyes and fun to be with. Her flaws? She’s been unemployed and staying at home for almost two years. After some discussion, her parents sent her to the small town Crosswaters, where she is supposed to work and learn some self-discipline.

On the other hand, the 19-years-old Ryuuga has never set a foot out of Crosswaters. But despite his age, he is very experienced in dealing with customers and talented with culinary. During his 19th winter, his parents leave home for vacations while he is stuck with a good-for-nothing girl that he needs to get working.

Why? Because his parents told him they would kick him out if he can’t manage the shop with her until their return.

♦ 2 playable characters
♦ 6 dateable characters (2 male and 2 female for each)
♦ 13 endings with different variants
♦ 20+ CGs
Free to play!

ImageImage
ImageImage

Ryuuga Masamune

A serious and disciplined boy who grew up in Crosswaters.
Possessing a high passion for food making, Ryuuga has been helping out at the Café since he was little. For one reason or another, he specializes in only Asian culinary.

Despite his serious character, Ryuuga’s lack of common sense often earns him well-meant spoof from his friends.

Travis Blackwood

Positively spoken: Easy-going and laid-back. Realistically: Lazy.
Travis is your average modern city girl, with the exception that she’s a NEET. After staying home doing nothing for almost 2 years, her parents send her to Crosswaters to work in hope for her to learn some self-discipline.

Even though you can’t count on her to get things done, Travis is very loyal to her friends and would always stand up for them, making it hard for people to leave her alone.

Tracey Elliston

A kind man with the unnatural ability to bring himself into weird situations.
With no day-care in Crosswaters, Tracey takes care of the children of the neighbourhood at home.

Reliable and friendly, you can always count on him to help you out. If you, however, go against his moral standards, he will passive agressively let you know about it.

Marianne Jennings

A kind, but very shy young woman who manages the local grocery store.
While being hard to approach, Marianne always pays attention to the people around her and worries about their well-being. Some locals call her “mama” for her caring attitude.

Marianne has a deep passion for books and always reads in her free time.

Yuria Masamune

The mischievous and flirty tomboy Yuria is Ryuuga’s twin sister.
She likes to refer to herself as the “bright and fun side of the coin”. After graduating from highschool, she moved out and crashed at Marianne’s place, sometimes helping her out at the grocery.

Yuria dreams of moving to the city and does some odd jobs around town to save up money.

Cyan Kingsley

At first sight cold, but actually very short-tempered and brash.
The foul-mouthed Cyan is a food decorator in training. Knowing Ryuuga since birth, Cyan often visits the café and gives Ryuuga directions on the dishes.

Despite his age and temper, Cyan is very innocent and romantic when it comes to relationships. Though you could say his imagination of that area comes from the books he is always reading.

(Some people have pointed out that Cyan is a bit too young for a dateable character. The game doesn't contain any kind of sexual activity that would throw the MC into a questionable light though. Just putting this here until I decide whether to change his age 8'D)

At the moment I am working single-handedly on this one but determined to get it done >w< (Though I will probably hire a programmer and ideasbouncer somewhere along the way XD)
Every feedback / suggestion will be really appreciated! >w< Otherwise here are a few questions to get the discussion started.

1. First impression in general? (On story, game type etc.?)
2. Any characters that you already interested in? Or characters you already think of as boring?
3. Which character will you probably play as first?
4. The café management will influence the CGs you get, but not the endings (except for the bad ending). Is it fine like that or would you prefer the café management influencing the endings more?
5. Was the information on which character is dateable too confusing? XD' (I didn't know what to use other than the icons XD')
6. Other critique / suggestions / questions? Let me know >w<
Last edited by Demetis on Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:13 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Sunrise: A Dieselpunk Fantasy & Ultramarine: A Seapunk Adventure
Projects: Thrall: A Dark Otome Visual Novel
Organization: AURELIA LEO, LLC
Tumblr: authorzknight
itch: authorzknight

Re: Green Tea Latte [B/G x B/G] [Cafe Sim]

#2 Post by Hazel-Bun »

Sounds adorable and easy going.

2. Any characters that you already interested in? Or characters you already think of as boring?

Tracey & Marianne seem cool!

No sure... Maybe Cyan and Marianne?

4. The café management will influence the CGs you get, but not the endings (except for the bad ending). Is it fine like that or would you prefer the café management influencing the endings more?

I think both would be idle but, either way I'm happy as long as it has some influence in-game.

5. Was the information on which character is dateable too confusing? XD' (I didn't know what to use other than the icons XD')

No I think it's a pretty neat way to do it.

I think you meant to put All Romances or GxB/BxG/BxB/GxG cause you can romance them all. The art is very beautiful but, the way the eyes are draw is a little strange. I could attempt to red line one but, I'm not sure... a little to far apart? Excited for your game! It's fairly ambitious so, especially for a free-to-play and (assumed) first project, I'd say don't be afraid to cut rather than add more features.
Last edited by Hazel-Bun on Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Black bookstore owner. Diverse fiction reviewer. Bestselling romance author. Award-winning fiction editor. Quite possibly a werewolf, ask me during the next full moon.

potouto
Veteran
Projects: (งツ)ว
Organization: MOONBBIT☆

#3 Post by potouto »

1. First impression in general?

First off -- slides in and smacks you with tender love -- This is so cute omgg I'm choking on cuteness, dying and fainting over the cuties can you not create this kind of beauties jesus. I'm shipping the main characters together and fawning over Cyan. May be Cyan as well. Also, Cyan.

Cyan. Cyan. Cyan. Cyan. Kay may be a bit of Marianne. Other are adorbs but do you realize how important is Cyan.

Excuse you. I'm gonna make MC all gay for Cyan.

Jesus Christ how about both. Okay may be that's not a joke but if you combine both it would be like TMGS. Let's say, stick with the currents.

5. Was the information on which character is dateable too confusing?

Nah.

6. Other critique / suggestions / Questions?

Can I just say how much of a beautiful person you are, you deserve so much for finally making a game, you should be praised by all the gods. Sending love from the other side of Earth!!

yeah well | commission | website

Demetis
Regular

#4 Post by Demetis »

@Hazel-Bun: Thank you very much for the critique! >w< As for the way I draw the eyes ovo Uuuuhm I am not sure OTL I have pretty much always drawn them one eye width apart 8'D But they might be a little too far apart on the chibis? >w<" I always try to flip canvas while drawing to check on errors though XD
As for the project's scale, it might sounds like much, but since it's a Sim, the writing cuts down a lot! >w< I started working on this project mainly to improve my art skills so this one relies a lot on art and gameplay XD
And how do I change the topic to [all romance] omg -fails- Do I just edit the first post 8'D

@Josie: YES I FINALLY POSTED THIS ONE XD
And I do understand your feelings I really do * v * Cyan became so much more of a foul-mouthed jerk since I first created him omg how do I raise my characters 8D But I really hope you will continue give him some more love <3 And thank you so much for the suggestions dear * v *

ZennyZenZen
Regular
Projects: Perfection Project
Deviantart: omgimawriter
Github: ZenNaari

#5 Post by ZennyZenZen »

Already, this looks to be a pretty fun game. I loved games like Diner Dash. Impress me sir. Bookmarked and followed.

Your art is amazing btw.

Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Sunrise: A Dieselpunk Fantasy & Ultramarine: A Seapunk Adventure
Projects: Thrall: A Dark Otome Visual Novel
Organization: AURELIA LEO, LLC
Tumblr: authorzknight
itch: authorzknight

#6 Post by Hazel-Bun »

Yes you just edit the first post "D Also hmm I see. I do think they're spaced oddly but, it's more the pupils than the actual eyes themselves if that makes any sense.
Black bookstore owner. Diverse fiction reviewer. Bestselling romance author. Award-winning fiction editor. Quite possibly a werewolf, ask me during the next full moon.

Demetis
Regular

Re: Green Tea Latte [All Romance] [B/G x B/G] [Cafe Sim]

#7 Post by Demetis »

@ZennyPai: Thank you very much! >w< I would love to bring in some real time serving dish minigame like Diner Dash too but with my current Python abilities and other stuffs that still need to be done, that is totally a nice-to-have feature XD
I still hope to balance the management game fun enough to play though >w<

@Hazel-Bun: Aaaah thank you XD Edited lol
And the pupils o.o...............Uh maybe are the white irises the things that seem wrong to you lol 8D -the way I color irises sometimes seem odd to ppl at first- 8D"

Reikun
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Mnemonic Devices, Ciikos Bridge, Helena's Flowers, The Madness
Projects: Fox in the Hollyhocks
Organization: skyharborr
itch: skyharborr

#8 Post by Reikun »

Cafe sim is fine, and I like that you're planning for both a male and female protagonist. If this is your first game and the workload begins to feel unmanageable, don't be afraid to scale down or ask for extra help! The story description leaves a lot of questions for me. Why do Travis's parents send her to Crosswaters to work if she's from the city? Is Crosswaters that great of a place, or do her parents have some history there? Are her parents affiliated with Ryuuga's parents? Otherwise I'm not sure what reason they would have to leave Ryuuga alone to work with a girl with no prior experience, especially considering he is supposed to be running the cafe business while his parents are out.

No character preferences right now but I find it interesting that both Tracey and Marianne are "motherly" type characters. Any reason for this?

Most likely Ryuuga (since lazy type characters aren't very appealing to me)

If the main point of the game is cafe management, that should be what influences the endings. If the main point of the game is the romancing, that should be what influences the endings.

Your icons work very well!
ImageImageImage

fastest way to contact me: DM @skyharborr on twitter

Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Emma: A Lady's Maid (editor)
IRC Nick: MadHarlequin

#9 Post by Mad Harlequin »

Travis is a masculine name.
I'm an aspiring writer and voice talent with a passion for literature and an unhealthy attachment to video games. I am also a seasoned typo-sniper. Inquiries are encouraged. Friendly chats are welcome.
"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."
— Mark Twain

ColaCat
Veteran

#10 Post by ColaCat »

Looks really really good. ^_^
I'm like them all, but I'm not avidly interested in them (note that that's usual for me though). They certainly don't seem boring.
Probably Travis, although, like Mad Harlequin said, Travis is a very manly name. I don't think it's a problem, it just automatically made me think she was a boy. If there is a good reason she's called it then it should be fine. But otherwise it might be a little odd for her parents to just name her something that is usually only used for men.
No, I'm not the best at management games (>_<) so it's nice to not have to worry too much about it.
Nope, very well presented.
I like Cyan, but 15 is very young (too young in my opinion). While it's nice to have a variety of ages in a VN, I think that 16 should be the baseline, given that it's actually illegal in many places to have any kind of sexual activity before you're that old. It just feels kind of weird to have all of these 19/20 year olds, and then just Cyan who is only 15. >_<

If you need an ideabouncer/proofreader let me know!

Demetis
Regular

#11 Post by Demetis »

@Reikun: Thank you very much for the feedback! XD
All of the above questions will be answered in the game XD I was actually not sure about how much to reaveal the reason why the MC's parents act the way they do >w<" Since most of it will be explained at the beginning of the game.

@Mad Harlequin & ColaCat: Yes, I am aware that Travis is 100% a masculine name XD -even googled it to make sure OTL- And there is a reason why she's named that XD

@ColaCat: You are actually not the first one to point out the thing about Cyan's age XD' I have given it some thought before too, but to his character and background story, it still fits him best to be somewhere along 15-16 >w<" Since the game does not contain any kind of sexual activity (by now I think I really should put this somewhere in the information waaah 8D) I thought it should be fine but I will still give it some thought about changing his age >w<"
And thank you for the offer! >w< (At the moment there isn't much to proofread that but I might come back to that at a later stage of development XD)

euphorics
Regular
Tumblr: niraniranegi
Deviantart: euphorics

#12 Post by euphorics »

To be completely honest, I mostly wanted to post to comment on how much I cackled at Josie's post, LOL.
But I'm really looking forward to this!!! *____* Will definitely be keeping an eye on it!

To answer the questions:

As a soon-to-be graduating uni student, the backstories for Travis and Ryuuga are hitting really close to home lolll// I think the two playable MCs offer really interesting viewpoints about how different kinds of people might approach a similar situation, if that makes sense?
The basic story seems really simple, but I feel like there's a lot more than meets the eye!! The characters all seem really interesting (whoops, going into question 2 now) and I'm looking forward to getting to know them!!

YURIA AND CYAN. I'll be honest, thought Yuria was a guy at first until I read the description, but I'm really excited to see a more tomboyish character!!!! Maybe it's just the games I've played, but I don't think I've seen many dateable girls who're actually that tomboyish?
Cyan's personality basically hits all my weak points crY, though I'll admit, looking at the ages of the MCs (19 and 22) and considering my own age (21), going after a 15-year-old would make me feel a little uncomfortable. ;_; If you need to keep his age for plot reasons, though, that's really fine!! I wouldn't mind at all!
Though these two are my favorite, the others are really interesting too *___* Tracey might be a close third! Least interesting to me might be Marianne, but I think that's really up to personal preference! It just feels like she doesn't really have any flaws other than being shy, I guess?
Overall, I really like all of the character designs!! Their outfits, even down to the color schemes, all fit their personalities really well hoho~~

Probably Ryuuga just so I can go full BL and go for every guy I mean what
He seems like he'd be a really fun character to play (actually thought he was a romanceable character at first, dangit!), heheh.
JUST KIDDING, PLEASE IGNORE EARLIER COMMENT. I don't think it's that your system is confusing, more that I need sleep;; Sorry for any other confusing wording/typos orz

I'm generally really bad at managing things in general, so that's fine by me! \o/ Whichever way is fine~

Nopeeee, the icons were good I think! If I had to be nitpick-y, other options you might want to consider would be color-coding, maybe! Just because it's really late at night here and I had to squint to tell whether the little person was wearing a skirt or not, lolll.

YOUR ART IS SO CLEANNN AND NICEEEE and the colors are really subtle!!! I think the eyes and faces are fine as-is, and I really admire the chibis *___* YOUR LINEART IS AMAZING, PLEASE TEACH ME YOUR WAYS.
bring on the shotas
tumblr devart

ColaCat
Veteran

#13 Post by ColaCat »

O.o I look forward to finding out the reason!

Well 16 would be better, 15 just *feels* really young! Even though there's only like, one year difference... XD

Michalina
Regular

#14 Post by Michalina »

Really cute art. Also, the "all romance" got me -w-
Hmm... it's hard to say, but if I have to choose, Marianne and Tracey appeal to me the most, because I really like kind and nice people ^w^
Probably Ryuuga, but I also want to play as Travis to bring all the gayness
I would be fine with both.
Nah, it's perfectly clear ^^
n/a, good luck with the game, I'll be keeping an eye on this! x3

Demetis
Regular

#15 Post by Demetis »

@euphorics: Thank you so much for all your kind words waaah ; v ; The story hits really close to home for me too cause I'm also close to graduating 8'D Well I hope I can at least make some use of that to write a somewhat believable story >w<! Especially since writing is not really my league XD
Cyan's a character that actually follows all my weak points too so we got similiar taste waah 8D But yeah his age seems to stick out a lot here >w<" For now I think I will keep him at 15 and throw the question again after the demo though XD I really wanna keep him like that for plot reasons X.X
I am glad that someone is showing interest in Yuria too! I was afraid she might be too tomboyish XD
Again, thanks a lot for your kind words! I will keep working on this the best I can! XD

@ColaCat: Aaaah well 16 is like, 2 years away from being adult, needing to think about future and stuffs soooo XD It feels a loooot older than 15 XD' I will just throw out the question about Cyan's age again after the demo though I think XD' Really can't make up my mind atm since I really want to keep him 15 for plot reasons XD'

@Michalina: I'm really into All Romance games so 8'D I haven't been able to play too many of these yet either so >w<
Thank you very much!

--

As a quick update for the last week, I've been working on the psychology profiles / metas for the main characters >w< With those I've gotten a pretty good grasp on their personalities now and the writing is going faster.... (Or at least I think it is XD )
This month is mainly dedicated to writing , gameplay document and finishing GUI stuffs so there will be next to none visual updates XD Here's just a little (very very) sketchy preview of the title screen >w<