2112 [BxB][Sci-fi][DEMO] (on hold)

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
zadoorknobs
Regular
Projects: Metamorphoser 2.0
itch: supercircuit

2112 [BxB][Sci-fi][DEMO] (on hold)

#1 Post by zadoorknobs »

** This thread was originally started in the adult works in progress board. I haven't yet decided whether the finished game will have adult content but I'm thinking about making it an in-game option to enable/disable it. Needless to say, everything in this thread will be SFW <3 **

UPDATES

UPDATE 06/04/2015: The demo is complete! You can download it from the game's page on itch.io here. Please feel free to use this thread to submit bug reports or any other feedback you have - I would much appreciate it!

About

2112 is a sci-fi BL visual novel featuring:
Gay cyborgs!
A trans character you can romance!
High school/college drama!
Characters dealing with various mental health issues!
A.I.s!
Political intrigue!
AND LESBIANS??!!?

Genres:
Sci-fi, cyberpunk, psychological horror, romance, mystery

Follow the developer blog on tumblr

Prologue

In 2111 a new and controversial law was passed that created new requirements for each robotic and cybernetic machine manufactured from that point onwards.

The requirements are lines of code that exist as safeguards to prevent damage to humans or to the mechanical parts themselves. They can be roughly described as these three simple laws:

I. The machine must not injure any human, including the host, or, through inaction, allow a human to come to harm.

II. The machine must obey any orders given to it by the host, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.

III. The machine must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
Story

England, in the year 2118. Theo is in his final year of 6th form college when he literally bumps into fellow student Connor Erichssen on the corridor. Having avoided touch for so long Theo feels that something is odd but can't quite figure out what. An attraction is sparked between the two from this one meeting and Theo tries to understand why he is so drawn to him.

Characters

Theo Farrah is a partial cyborg - he required replacements for most of the left side of his body after an accident when he was twelve. However, not all went according to plan. Shortly after the procedure, he developed a strange condition: whenever he would touch another human he would experience a strong feeling of dysphoria that could sometimes lead to episodes of severe depression. Exposure to touch for a long period of time can cause dizziness and fainting.

Zhenya Manin is Connor's best friend since childhood but is also very close with Celeste. He's loud, a bit of a ditz, and has a thing for dying his hair different colours. He can often be found snoozing in lessons after an exciting night of playing video games.

Connor Erichssen is Theo's classmate in Physics who he hadn't really spoken to much before their chance meeting on the corridor. He tries to be a sensible and driven student but is often influenced by his best friends Celeste and Zhenya and ends up dicking around with them instead of doing his homework.

Lee Armitage is Theo's childhood friend. They grew up in the same village and have always been very close. Since the accident and Theo's disorder, Lee has stuck by him to provide his support. Lee can be a bit of a mother-hen with his concern for Theo.

Yva Gardner (pronounced ee-vah) is a close friend of Theo and Lee's. She is very shy and only really speaks a lot when with Theo and Lee as she is comfortable around them. Since she found out that Celeste is at the same college she has been trying her hardest to avoid her.

Celeste Zhao can often be found hanging out with Zhenya and Connor but is also a childhood friend of Yva's. They lost touch since going to different high schools but, by chance, ended up at the same 6th form college. She is loud and not afraid to speak her mind and because of this can sometimes get on people's nerves, especially Connor's. Due to her interest in art and fashion, she often adds different accessories to her uniform, some of which she makes herself.

Other Characters

Clark is the doctor in charge of Theo's case and who Theo sees for regular appointments. He has a friendly attitude with patients and gets along well with Theo but does a complete 180 when dealing with his colleagues. Kelvin does not get along well with him.

Dr. Kelvin is one of Dr. Clark's assistants. She helps with operating the equipment used during Theo's maintenance along with her colleague and girlfriend Dr. Richards. In her time working on Theo's case she has become quite attached to him and often finds herself worrying about him after he leaves appointments.

Dr. Richards is another of Dr. Clark's assistants. Her duties are more or less the same as Kelvin's - they tend to split their work evenly according to each other's skills. Like Clark, Richards has a more detached attitude to her work and Theo as a patient, so she worries about Kelvin becoming too emotionally invested and it affecting her job. Since starting work on Theo's case their relationship has become a bit bumpy due to their disagreements.

User Interface

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

In-progress Screenshots

Image Image

Image Image

3D Rendered Backgrounds

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Routes

Routes planned so far are:
  • Lee BAD END
  • Lee FRIENDSHIP END
  • Connor GOOD END
  • Connor BAD END
  • Zhenya GOOD END
  • Connor & Zhenya GOOD END
  • True Route GOOD END
  • True Route BAD END
Overall Progress

Story: 95%
Script: 26.5k words
User Interface: 100%
Code: 15%
Art: 15%
BG: 70%
Music: 25%
Last edited by zadoorknobs on Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:13 am, edited 4 times in total.

msperalta

Re: 2112 [BxB][Sci-fi]

#2 Post by msperalta »

This looks pretty amazing. I love the artwork and storyline! And adult content? Yes please :) I look forward to its release, seeing that it is in its final stages.

annpan
Regular
Projects: Death Pledge -Wish of Blood-
Organization: Broken Wisteria or Qian.
Tumblr: waterlilyvn

#3 Post by annpan »

I second msperalta! NSFW please. Can't wait to play it.

Bto3
Regular
Completed: Naomi, VC: Simple Answers, Out of Sync
Projects: Vibrant Color, Out of Sync
Organization: Paper Star Studios
IRC Nick: B3_/Bto3
Tumblr: paperstarstudios
itch: Bto3

#4 Post by Bto3 »

Holy cow all your art assets are gorgeous!

I'll definitely be downloading the demo come March!

The fact that this is 26k+ words is another plus for me, (I have a weakness for long games).

Best wishes with working on this! I can't wait to read it.

octacon100
Regular
Projects: Regeria Hope
Organization: Golden Game Barn
IRC Nick: Octacon100

#5 Post by octacon100 »

Wow, the artwork for this and the GUI look amazing! While I'd play it just to see the artwork alone, I'm interesting in seeing the story and your version of the future as well. Keep it up!
Current Digital Projects -
Regiera Hope Completed Game Forum Post

zadoorknobs
Regular

#6 Post by zadoorknobs »

Thank you all for the positive responses !! ;v; I went back to the script yesterday as I hadn't looked at it for a while and realised I actually planned out a loooooot of NSFW scenes... :'''D Some of which are noncon so I'm trying to rejig the plot so that those scenes aren't compulsory and only appear once you've chosen a certain route. All this stuff appears after where the demo finishes so I don't have to worry about that juuust yet.
msperalta wrote:I look forward to its release, seeing that it is in its final stages.
YOU OVERESTIMATE HOW MUCH WORK I'VE DONE.... I DO have all the base sprites, most of the backgrounds and the UI finished buuuut there's a whole load of CGs planned as well as all the different poses/expressions for sprites. I think I have about 10 CGs planned just for the demo to introduce all the characters. Not to mention the storyline isn't quite finalised yet.
Bto3 wrote:The fact that this is 26k+ words is another plus for me
Well you've got that and at least uh... probably around 50k to look forward to in all the different routes once the whole thing is finished! :'D

I just finished a sprite for another character that I forgot was appearing in the demo. They show up veeery briefly near the end but you'll see a lot more of them later on in the story in one form or another. They're called One!

tomoplus
Projects: Orehiki, Naomi
Organization: Tomo+
Tumblr: tomoplus
Deviantart: artifedex

#7 Post by tomoplus »

I'm in awe at the brilliance of this design and artwork! I know I'm definitely going to get the demo, this sounds really good!

I can't wait to read this! :D

zadoorknobs
Regular

UPDATE 08/03/2015

#8 Post by zadoorknobs »

welp. I know I said the demo would be finished on the 7th but due to various real life crap happening, it's going to be at least another week /cries. I could technically release it as it stands now but I wouldn't be happy with it at all. there's only a few little tweaks left to do but I have had neither the time nor energy to do even that, so I apologise ;-; I'll try really hard to have it finished as soon as I can so please bear with me orz

pls accept this new finished art as an apology!

Finished: Image Image Working on: Image

Aviala
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Your Royal Gayness, Love Bug, Lovingly Evil
Organization: Lizard Hazard Games
Tumblr: lizardhazardgames
itch: aviala

#9 Post by Aviala »

The art looks amazing! I'm excited to try out the demo.

Laiska
Veteran
Completed: Queen At Arms, Cerulean, The Shadows That Run Alongside Our Car, Vicarwissen
Projects: Caramel Mokaccino
Tumblr: minesweeperaddict
Deviantart: koyoba

#10 Post by Laiska »

What did you use to make the backgrounds?

art926

#11 Post by art926 »

Looks so cooool! Where will you post your first demo? Do you have a developer blog?

zadoorknobs
Regular

#12 Post by zadoorknobs »

Laiska wrote:What did you use to make the backgrounds?
Backgrounds are modelled in Sketchup and rendered in Kerkythea - both of which are free to download!
art926 wrote:Looks so cooool! Where will you post your first demo? Do you have a developer blog?
I'm planning on posting it on itch.io which is where the full version will also be when it's complete. I'll make an update here and on the dev blog when I do. The dev blog is 2112vn.tumblr!

zadoorknobs
Regular

DEMO IS FINISHED!!

#13 Post by zadoorknobs »

I honestly thought I'd never be able to say this but THE DEMO FOR 2112 IS NOW FINISHED! [throws confetti everywhere] You can download it over here on itch.io! I hope you enjoy playing it!

AdamsAccount
Regular
Projects: ORISHA, Mermaids vs zombies, Lesbian pirate dating sim

Re: 2112 [BxB][Sci-fi][DEMO]

#14 Post by AdamsAccount »

This looks amazing!