Arena Circus [GxB][BxB][GxG][Fantasy] Beta update 4/27, ch 4 coming soon!

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
minyan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Trial By Fire, Heartbaked, Ellaria, Plain, This My Soul, The Pretenders Guild
Projects: Arena Circus
Tumblr: minyanstudios
itch: harlevin

Re: Arena Circus [GxB][BxB][GxG][Fantasy] Ch 4 in progress

#241 Post by minyan »

The poll came out to Aldrich and Lilié! I've started on the thank you pic, here's a sneak peak:
Screen Shot 2018-04-10 at 11.29.30 AM.png
In update news, chapter 4 writing is going well, I'm at around 25,000 words.

I've also written a short story featuring Basil and Min that I'll be posting on the arena circus tumblr (arenacircusvn.tumblr). Thanks guys and stay tuned for more updates!
ImageImage

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Trial By Fire, Heartbaked, Ellaria, Plain, This My Soul, The Pretenders Guild

#242 Post by minyan »

The 11k pic is complete! You can view it here: https://arenacircusvn.tumblr.com/post/1 ... ven-better
ImageImage

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran

#243 Post by minyan »

Quick progress update— I'm up to 47,000 words for chapter 4, and the main scenes are nearly done, leaving just free roam to write. For more frequent updates you can follow the Arena Circus tumblr!

And here's the finished pic:
Flower Aldrie.png
ImageImage

Harmonywish
Regular

#244 Post by Harmonywish »

Oh wow, this piece is beautiful :D! I love the lighting and how glowy it is ^^ It really adds to their smiles :>

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran

#245 Post by minyan »

Harmonywish wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:16 pm Oh wow, this piece is beautiful :D! I love the lighting and how glowy it is ^^ It really adds to their smiles :>
Thank you so much! I’m definitely putting it in the game somewhere.

Hey guys, sorry I don’t keep this thread as updated as I used to! Regular updates are posted on the tumblr. Minyan studios will be having some exciting new developments soon so stay tuned!

Progress update:
writing: 50,000 words
Bgs: 1/14
Cgs: 0/?
ImageImage

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran

#246 Post by minyan »

Gonna try to start getting back into updating this thread! Finished another background. Here's a few teasers:
rothclaw_ex.png
rothclaw_square.png
Screen Shot 2018-08-06 at 12.33.35 PM.png
That makes 3 out of 13 backgrounds I want to do for chapter 4! We'll see how many make the final cut though. In other words, my patreon is live! Support AC's production here: https://www.patreon.com/user/creators?u=12763640

I've started up commissions again now that I've left my previous job and started grad school, so updates might get a bit slow, but I'll do my best! Thanks for the continued support!
ImageImage

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Arena Circus [GxB][BxB][GxG][Fantasy] Now with patreon rewards!

#247 Post by minyan »

Hello! I always forget to update this thread.

The chapter 4 beta has been released and is available to all patrons (https://www.patreon.com/minyanstudios). Currently it's just the first day, I'm working on adding the second in. I have a couple more CGs to finish before that happens. On another note, it's finals week so I might not be able to do much until that's taken care of.

Cheers!
ImageImage

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Arena Circus [GxB][BxB][GxG][Fantasy] Now with patreon rewards!

#248 Post by minyan »

Hey guys! So, the patreon has been going well and the discord channel is live! Chapter 4 is coming along well too. I have the first two days available in beta form for all my patrons. I've started drawing another sprite, and a new background is in the works. Sorry I don't update this thread more often, just so many places to update!
ImageImage

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Arena Circus [GxB][BxB][GxG][Fantasy] Ch 4 Beta available!

#249 Post by minyan »

Screen Shot 2019-01-30 at 2.08.18 PM.png
Hey guys! Another update to the chapter 4 beta is coming soon. This update will include over 20,000 words, give new backgrounds, two CGs, and this cutie here! All patrons of Minyan studios can play the beta right now (https://www.patreon.com/minyanstudios), and the full update will be coming very soon! This update will handle all the backgrounds needed, which means all I have left to do is writing the freedom scenes, programming, and testing. Every time I give a tentative deadline I can never make it, but I think it’s safe to say Arena Circus chapter 4 should be finished by early May!
ImageImage

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Arena Circus [GxB][BxB][GxG][Fantasy] Beta update available!

#250 Post by minyan »

Taking a break to participate in NaNoRenO, but I'll be back in April!
I did manage to get an update to the beta out before I started on that, so go check it out now!
ImageImage

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran

#251 Post by minyan »

Hey guys, I'm back! Nano went super well, the project turned out great: https://minyan.itch.io/mnemonic-devices
And I've started working on AC again! I have about 6,000 words of freeroam done and have incorporated the mealtime mechanics. You'll be able to choose who you have breakfast, lunch, and dinner with, so pick your favorite character and spend some quality time with them! The romance able characters will have special scenes.
ImageImage

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran

#252 Post by minyan »

I almost never come on Lemma anymore Dx

But just in case anyone still checks this thread, I'm going to try and give monthly progress updates at least.

Here's what's been going on.

I went through a bit of a slump in May and didn't get much done, but I'm working my way back up. I'm working on a new release of the AC beta that will include the first of four weeks of free roam. The UI and coding is all done, all that's left is to write the scenes. There will be two new CGs, as well. There are some CGs missing, but I'll be adding those in in subsequent beta updates.

I've also adjusted my patreon rewards from 4 tiers to 3, and added in some new stuff to the tiers.

I post teasers and screenshots on twitter and tumblr, so feel free to follow me there for a more in depth look at the project!
ImageImage

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran

#253 Post by minyan »

Here's the monthly public patreon post, updated:
Hey guys, it's that time again!

I've written a ton of new scenes for the next update! So far there's:

3 Avril scenes

1 Lucy scene

2 Fenris scenes

1 Siegfried scene

2 Santana scenes

1 Aldrich scene

1 Natalia scene

3 jobs

Leaving me with 6/11 scenes and 3/3 jobs complete! I also want to do a couple more outfits, but I do have a few finished! Check it:

This is a special outfit that'll be available in AC golden
Screen Shot 2019-08-15 at 10.59.32 PM.png
And one more is unlockable through a ch 4 scene!

And that's it for this update! I'm hoping to get the beta update out early September.

Any requests for clothes? Comment below!
ImageImage

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran

#254 Post by minyan »

Hey guys, I’m out of town for this weekend but wanted to keep you posted. I’ll be putting my devlogs here every week now too to make sure my Lemma peeps can get updates.

The next update is super close to being done! I just have two more scenes to program, and then I just have to do some testing. In the meantime I might add in a few more smalll things. I’m hoping to release the next beta update by 9/15! It’ll be available for all patrons.
ImageImage

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Arena Circus [GxB][BxB][GxG][Fantasy] New beta update!

#255 Post by minyan »

Hey guys! I got the next beta update just in time for YURI JAM!! I'll be participating this year, so keep an eye out for the project! During Yuri jam I'll also be working on putting the lines in The Pretenders Guild chapter 1, and both projects should be done around the same time. I will resume development for Arena Circus chapter 4 in December or January!

The chapter 4 beta is available for patrons. It currently features:

10 days of chapter 4

45,000 + words

7 CGs

3 new quests

Next build (Release date TBD):

7 more days of free roam

More clothes

3 new quests

11 new scenes
ImageImage