Arena Circus [GxB][BxB][GxG][Fantasy] Beta update 4/27, ch 4 coming soon!

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Wide Mouth Ink
Regular
Completed: None for now
Projects: Endless Halls
Tumblr: WideMouthInk
Deviantart: WideMouthInk

Re: Arena Circus [GxB][BxB][Fantasy]

#16 Post by Wide Mouth Ink »

Considering it's sounds like an extra gimmick.

Better to save yourself some time and keep it as one whole outfit so the coding is easier and faster to manage.

Though if customization will be a big thing for the game, a 3 piece outfit (head, top, bottom) should be enough. 5 would work to if you wanna put in the effort (head, top, bottom, hands (cuffs, gloves), feet(shoes, boots)). Plus a random accessory for styles sake.

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Trial By Fire, Heartbaked, Ellaria, Plain, This My Soul, The Pretenders Guild
Projects: Arena Circus
Tumblr: minyanstudios
itch: harlevin

#17 Post by minyan »

Demetis wrote:Aaaah I could smell the Santana x Lucy romance from mileeees away wait whut //slapped

As for your question, I think seperated parts of the outfits are good! I mean it only makes a small difference in both programming and drawing >w< ( A bit more work) But that way you can still have a whole outfit! Ppl can either choose to wear the outfits the way they are or mix and match them 8DDD (Which I will do for the "You look weird" comments!!! //slapped 8D)
I think this is a really cute idea btw XD Just...mentioning //slapped out of window
xDD meeeerh my yaoi fangirl is showing >w<

And yea, that's the most fun I think xD I think I'll end up doing head item, shirt, pants, shoes, accessory.
Wide Mouth Ink wrote:Considering it's sounds like an extra gimmick.

Better to save yourself some time and keep it as one whole outfit so the coding is easier and faster to manage.

Though if customization will be a big thing for the game, a 3 piece outfit (head, top, bottom) should be enough. 5 would work to if you wanna put in the effort (head, top, bottom, hands (cuffs, gloves), feet(shoes, boots)). Plus a random accessory for styles sake.
Pretty much xD I always like putting things I personally like in my games, so its mostly just a for fun feature.
ImageImage

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Trial By Fire, Heartbaked, Ellaria, Plain, This My Soul, The Pretenders Guild

#18 Post by minyan »

Lilie's sprite is done!

Plus a sneak peak of Natalia~
Attachments
Screen Shot 2015-02-23 at 7.41.12 PM.png
lilieex.png
ImageImage

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran

#19 Post by minyan »

Slow and steady... slow and steady c;

The beautiful wonderful fantastical Natalia. Only she can make that hat not look ridiculous.
nataliaex.png
ImageImage

Demetis
Regular

#20 Post by Demetis »

Aaaah Natalia * v * She's so beautifully colorful and got the exact charisma I imagined her with * v * I like Lilie's sprite too but! -fawning over Natalia whut- 8D
Slow and steady wins the race! >w< -cheers you on-

Charlie599
Regular
Projects: (letters of) Devotion; Afterland

#21 Post by Charlie599 »

Yaaaay~ Quests! :D

1. Very much so - I look forward to it. ^-^
2. Not at all.
3. Absolutely not! I like RPG's that include romantic elements, so I also like VNs that include RPG elements.
4. I'd like to see how a romantic relationship between Lilie and Fenris would turn out. I'm not sure. >.<

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran

#22 Post by minyan »

Demetis wrote:Aaaah Natalia * v * She's so beautifully colorful and got the exact charisma I imagined her with * v * I like Lilie's sprite too but! -fawning over Natalia whut- 8D
Slow and steady wins the race! >w< -cheers you on-
xD Glad you like it! And thank you I need all the cheering I can get ;u;
Charlie599 wrote:Yaaaay~ Quests! :D

1. Very much so - I look forward to it. ^-^
2. Not at all.
3. Absolutely not! I like RPG's that include romantic elements, so I also like VNs that include RPG elements.
4. I'd like to see how a romantic relationship between Lilie and Fenris would turn out. I'm not sure. >.<
Yaaay I'm the same way xD Lilie and Fenris huh, that one I hadn't considered. We'll see what happens as I get more into character routes xD BTW I saw your project in the idea thread (I think?) and loved it. :D I look forward to seeing more as you get stuff done!
Last edited by minyan on Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran

#23 Post by minyan »

WHY IS LESLIE SO ADORABLE Ox
leslie sketch.png
ImageImage

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Arena Circus [GxB][BxB][GxG][Fantasy]

#24 Post by minyan »

Leslie is done! Gonna try and continue this once a day thing. It goes faster since I don't have to account for changing outfits. Leslie is officially my favorite TuT
leslieex.png
ImageImage

Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Sunrise: A Dieselpunk Fantasy & Ultramarine: A Seapunk Adventure
Projects: Thrall: A Dark Otome Visual Novel
Organization: AURELIA LEO, LLC
Tumblr: authorzknight
itch: authorzknight

#25 Post by Hazel-Bun »

He looks very good!
Black bookstore owner. Diverse fiction reviewer. Bestselling romance author. Award-winning fiction editor. Quite possibly a werewolf, ask me during the next full moon.

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran

#26 Post by minyan »

Hazel-Bun wrote:He looks very good!
Thanks! I'm deviating from my usual method of coloring and lineart a bit so it's been super fun to draw these sprites. ^^
ImageImage

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran

#27 Post by minyan »

Siegfried~ he turned out so cute. I love his nose~
siegfriedex.png
The script is coming along too! I've added a lot of interaction with the characters. Well, I don't know if its a lot, but its there xD plus some fun scenes and what little story development there can be during the sort of 'tutorial' stage... the first chapter will take place over the course of three days, and will include (hopefully) two romance affecting side quests, two other optional side quests for money, two purchasable hats for Lilie, two purchasable earrings for Aldrich, three predetermined tutorial battles, two purchasable weapons, two purchasable items, the introductions of six characters other than lilie and Aldrich, and actual interactions with four of those characters.

Once I have everything done for Lilie's version, I'll release a demo and see what people think is missing, what I should take out, etc. With how things are going, and NaNoRenO coming up, I think I'm going to go ahead and say a demo should be done by the end of May at the latest... so excited!
ImageImage

Demetis
Regular

#28 Post by Demetis »

LESLIE OMG XDDD
LESLIEEEE -DIES ON HIM-
Aaaaaaaaaaaah okay I really wanna play Aldrich now cause I AM TOTALLY GONNA GO FOR THIS AWFULLY HANDSOME AND CUTE BRAT OMG -CRIES-

Siegried looks so "cant be bothered" waaaaaah 8'D I love him!
And can't wait to read all the scenes you've added! >w< ACTUALLY CANT WAIT FOR THE DEMO AT ALL BUT DONT MIND ME //SLAPPED OUT OF WINDOW
So many things to do until May though wah 8'D Go go >w</

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran

#29 Post by minyan »

Demetis wrote:LESLIE OMG XDDD
LESLIEEEE -DIES ON HIM-
Aaaaaaaaaaaah okay I really wanna play Aldrich now cause I AM TOTALLY GONNA GO FOR THIS AWFULLY HANDSOME AND CUTE BRAT OMG -CRIES-

Siegried looks so "cant be bothered" waaaaaah 8'D I love him!
And can't wait to read all the scenes you've added! >w< ACTUALLY CANT WAIT FOR THE DEMO AT ALL BUT DONT MIND ME //SLAPPED OUT OF WINDOW
So many things to do until May though wah 8'D Go go >w</
xDDD awwwwww he's flattered. after I drew him I instantly regretted writing Lilie's version of the chapter first...

and thanks! Yea so much left to do... FIGHTO!

Heading to California for spring break and then NaNoRenO so updates are gonna be slow for a while... happy NaNoing everyone! :D
ImageImage

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran

#30 Post by minyan »

Slow and steady, slow and steady. Nano is coming along well~

Here are a few updates:
Fenris and Santana are completed~
I have a few more ideas for gameplay and how I want to go about doing the romance part. I'm thinking in each chapter the romanceable characters will have a story arc for players to complete, and this increases their affection. If players don't find all their story arcs throughout the game or don't complete it they won't see the 'romantic' end, but might get a friendship or rival one, depending. I also want to do smaller story arcs, really more like mini quests for the other characters so you can learn more about them/befriend them. I really want the characters to matter, and a lot of the story arcs are important to the main story anyway, so it shouldn't feel like I just shoved them in. Still trying to figure out the best way to go about it, but I'm working along!
Attachments
fenris ex.png
santanaex.png
ImageImage