Arena Circus [GxB][BxB][GxG][Fantasy] Beta update 4/27, ch 4 coming soon!

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: Arena Circus [GxB][BxB][GxG][Fantasy] Ch 2 UP!

#211 Post by Zelan »

I finally got a chance to play this again!! I replayed Chapter 1 since it had been a while and got through Chapter 2 as well. Nataliaaaaa oh my gosh <3
I got one scene that I didn't get in Chapter 1 last time, the one where Lilie goes into the bookstore at night to search for the ghost and finds Natalia there. That was fantastic. cx She's actually afraid of a lot of things, surprisingly! I like that about her, though - she's very tough but still has some fears for sure.

And maaaaaan Chapter 2 turned into like a HORROR VN for a bit there! I was not expecting that, but I thought it was super cool, especially the different version of the battle music. I was very afraid of what might happen if I lost, and it was particularly nerve-wracking without Aldrich's guidance. I'd been relying on that a lot, even if I ultimately went against it, because it gave me some information in regards to my options.

Also. MIN AND OWNER. I'm so unbelievably angry at owner, I don't want to do her any more favors from now on. >.< I was in total agreement when Aldrich yelled at her for it.

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Trial By Fire, Heartbaked, Ellaria, Plain, This My Soul, The Pretenders Guild
Projects: Arena Circus
Tumblr: minyanstudios
itch: harlevin

#212 Post by minyan »

Zelan wrote:I finally got a chance to play this again!! I replayed Chapter 1 since it had been a while and got through Chapter 2 as well. Nataliaaaaa oh my gosh <3
I got one scene that I didn't get in Chapter 1 last time, the one where Lilie goes into the bookstore at night to search for the ghost and finds Natalia there. That was fantastic. cx She's actually afraid of a lot of things, surprisingly! I like that about her, though - she's very tough but still has some fears for sure.

And maaaaaan Chapter 2 turned into like a HORROR VN for a bit there! I was not expecting that, but I thought it was super cool, especially the different version of the battle music. I was very afraid of what might happen if I lost, and it was particularly nerve-wracking without Aldrich's guidance. I'd been relying on that a lot, even if I ultimately went against it, because it gave me some information in regards to my options.

Also. MIN AND OWNER. I'm so unbelievably angry at owner, I don't want to do her any more favors from now on. >.< I was in total agreement when Aldrich yelled at her for it.
Oh yay! Yes, Chapter 2... I was a little worried because of the tone shift, so I'm glad you liked it! And yea the battle music was so fun to mix up >w<

AND THANK YOU! You're the first person who's commented on that (there's a chain of events you kind of have to do in order so it might be hard to find XD) but yes, I was so mad... Ahh thanks for playing! I haven't had a chance to play Book Sleeper yet, but it's on my to do list!

Screen Shot 2017-05-14 at 12.57.36 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-05-14 at 12.57.55 PM.png
Some updates! CGs are underway!
ImageImage

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Trial By Fire, Heartbaked, Ellaria, Plain, This My Soul, The Pretenders Guild

#213 Post by minyan »

Update!

It has been ROUGH but I finally sat my butt down and finished the romance CG for chapter 3. SO that means only two cg's left, and then the art is done. OH man... slow going... but slow and steady wins the race amirite...

Forgive me ; ;
ImageImage

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Arena Circus [GxB][BxB][GxG][Fantasy] Ch 3 in production

#214 Post by minyan »

UPDATED

Windchimes is no longer writing chapter 3, as she's too busy. I'll be taking over, and will be working on it regularly. I'm hoping to get this out sometime in July. Most of the art is done, so it'll be writing and programming. Thanks for your patience and continuing to follow this project! I haven't given up. ;u;
ImageImage

kistnerelizabeth
Regular

#215 Post by kistnerelizabeth »

I hope to see more and more work done on this awesome project. First off, it's set in a Circus, so I'm already in love with it. The characters are awesome and I love the art style. I can't wait to see this project get fully complete. I love creative and unique ideas like this. :)

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran

#216 Post by minyan »

kistnerelizabeth wrote:I hope to see more and more work done on this awesome project. First off, it's set in a Circus, so I'm already in love with it. The characters are awesome and I love the art style. I can't wait to see this project get fully complete. I love creative and unique ideas like this. :)
Thanks so much! I'm so glad you like the characters and art style, I really tried to give the game it's own feel ;u; Hopefully I'll get it completely done soon!
ImageImage

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran

#217 Post by minyan »

Hey guys! So I lost a bit of fire for a while due to various RL stuff, but soon I'll have long days of just sitting in the office to do nothing but write and draw. I'm going to start hustling to try and get ch 3 out before my break is over in September. Slow and steady!
ImageImage

Averxy
Regular
Completed: Heartbaked, Ellaria: Cotton & Cream, Plain
Projects: Toil & Trouble, Twisted
Organization: fablesoft.itch.io
Tumblr: FablesoftStudios

#218 Post by Averxy »

minyan wrote:Hey guys! So I lost a bit of fire for a while due to various RL stuff, but soon I'll have long days of just sitting in the office to do nothing but write and draw. I'm going to start hustling to try and get ch 3 out before my break is over in September. Slow and steady!
You can do it Min! We're all here for you and I know you'll get AC done in no time <3
Completed: Heartbaked, Ellaria: Cotton & Cream, Plain
WIP: Toil & Trouble, Twisted
Check out Arena Circus, The Pretenders Guild, and Mnemonic Devices by Minyan!

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Arena Circus [GxB][BxB][GxG][Fantasy] Ch 3 in production!

#219 Post by minyan »

Thanks Averxy!

I've started writing a bit more regularly, and right now chapter 3 is just over 16,000 words. I'm going to try and do some more art to make up for the delay. Thanks for all your support everyone.
ImageImage

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran

#220 Post by minyan »

I am alive! I went home for vacation a short while ago and ended up having to extend it due to some complications from a minor surgery. But I'm back and hopefully can get back in the swing of things quickly. Thanks so much for your patience!
ImageImage

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran

#221 Post by minyan »

Chapter 3 writing is DONE! I am editing and programming as we speak! After that, I just have a bit more art I want to do for you guys for being so patient. Thanks so much for your support!
ImageImage

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: Arena Circus [GxB][BxB][GxG][Fantasy] Ch 3 writing done!

#222 Post by Zelan »

Upside of disappearing for 3 months: a lot of work gets done on one of your most anticipated VNs. cx I can't wait to see Chapter 3!

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Arena Circus [GxB][BxB][GxG][Fantasy] Ch 3 writing done!

#223 Post by minyan »

Thanks Zelan!

I just realized I haven't posted here in a while! So the programming and writing is done! I just have a bit more art to do and I'll be releasing it. Unfortunately, the walkthrough for chapter two will not be done at the same time, as that will take me substantially longer to put together.
ImageImage

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Arena Circus [GxB][BxB][GxG][Fantasy] Ch 3 coming Oct 20th!

#224 Post by minyan »

Hello guys! So I have an official release date for chapter 3. October 20th! I also found time to finish the walkthrough for chapter 2, so that will be coming out at the same time. Thanks so much for all the encouragement and support! I can't wait to get this baby out there (and then relax for a month or two ha ha

HA HA HA

HA
)
ImageImage

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: Arena Circus [GxB][BxB][GxG][Fantasy] Ch 3 coming Oct 20th!

#225 Post by Zelan »

minyan wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:26 pm Hello guys! So I have an official release date for chapter 3. October 20th! I also found time to finish the walkthrough for chapter 2, so that will be coming out at the same time. Thanks so much for all the encouragement and support! I can't wait to get this baby out there (and then relax for a month or two ha ha

HA HA HA

HA
)
^_^ You're doing great, minyan! I'm excited for the release!

(ahahaHA I feel you no rest for the wicked amirite??)