Arena Circus [GxB][BxB][GxG][Fantasy] Beta update 4/27, ch 4 coming soon!

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
minyan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Trial By Fire, Heartbaked, Ellaria, Plain, This My Soul, The Pretenders Guild
Projects: Arena Circus
Tumblr: minyanstudios
itch: harlevin

Re: Arena Circus [GxB][BxB][GxG][Fantasy] DEMO AVAILABLE (1.

#136 Post by minyan »

Zelan wrote:I told you your backgrounds were fantastic! ^_^ That double staircase looks awesome.
Aw thanks ;u;

The next one is slowly... slowly coming along:
Screen Shot 2016-07-20 at 11.17.53 AM.png
A long way to go but... once this is done only 4 backgrounds left for the first half of chapter 2 OTL Thankfully, I think I'll be able to re-use them later, so... yaaaay -waves tiny flag-
ImageImage

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Trial By Fire, Heartbaked, Ellaria, Plain, This My Soul, The Pretenders Guild

#137 Post by minyan »

I'm going home for a couple weeks, so AC will be going on a short hiatus while I visit family!
ImageImage

otometea
Regular
Projects: Heart of Thorns
Tumblr: littleteahouse

#138 Post by otometea »

- Did you enjoy it?
I thought it was more enjoyable than I had initially thought. I was recommended this game by a few friends of mine who had already played the demo, and I am pleasantly surprised. I thoroughly enjoyed all the interactions and artwork. Also, everybody had such distinguished personalities; it is very well-done comedy. I did find some grammatical errors, but other than that, good job!

- What was your favorite part?
I enjoyed the part when Leslie and Aldrich talk to each other. The part when Leslie supposedly had a crush on Aldrich is absolutely hilarious, and seeing him blush in embarrassment makes him very adorable. It's fun to see Aldrich and Lilié spoil Leslie's childish pride. I enjoyed all the scenes involving Aldrich; he was very funny and optimistic; he's very loveable.

- How do you like the battle system? Were the right/wrong choices obvious, too subtle, or just right?
The right and wrong choices definitely were not obvious. To me, they actually seemed right. Although, I lost the second battle due to a mis-click. It's a good thing I had saved before the battle had started though! I think the timed choices really make you think fast, but I guess that's part of the fun, no? Knowing that they will supposedly increase in difficulty, I'm hoping there will be some kind of guide at the official release! I don't think I can do it without that.

- Were there enough scenes? Did you find yourself with a lack of things to do? Were the scenes long enough?
The scenes were somewhat short compared to other visual novels I have played, but they were very entertaining, so I don't have any complaints. I love the free times, when I get to shop for different outfits and walk around town. Also, dressing up was pretty fun to do. I have conjured some outfits and screenshots down below.

- Did you enjoy the clothing options?
I actually did, although there wasn't so much to choose from. I like the Dark outfit set the most thus far. I expect that more outfits will be released in the full version, so I look forward to seeing what outfits are in store! I like the comments that the characters give, so I'm encouraging you to do more of this!

- Were the story/mandatory scenes paced well?
I find nothing wrong with them. I thought they were well-paced enough.

- Who is your favorite character?
* Seigfried (first and foremost favorite character)
* Aldrich (runner-up)
* Fenris (on deck)
My favorite characters are from what I have read in the demo, so this is subject to change as I read through the entire game when it does come out. I hope the hiatus ends soon, but have fun with your family!

- Who did you start to romance? Were the romantic scenes paced well considering this is only the first chapter?
I was trying to go for Aldrich for Lilié, and Leslie for Aldrich. As for the romance, I didn't really notice any romance, to be honest... or it may just be that I have high expectations for romance. However, the friendship and interactions between the characters are all well-paced, so good job!

- And I'd love to see screenshots of the outfits you guys put together!
Here are a few screenshots I've conjured up. Hope you enjoy:

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran

#139 Post by minyan »

I'm glad you enjoyed it! Yaaay a Siegfried lover! He's such a sweetie >w< The romance is very subtle since it is just the first chapter, but there are a few more 'romantic' scenes available! Don't worry, I'll definitely release a guide as well, I've heard a lot of people say it's difficult, so hopefully that will help xD

Update
I can't remember if I posted this here or not yet, but, I'm setting the release date for chapter two at September 15th. Tentatively. If I can keep up the pace I've had, that should work, but we'll see xD There are only a few tiny, tiny changes and bug fixes in chapter 1, so hopefully people should be able to just pick up where their save file left off.

But, I did find a bug that prevented one of the natalia/aldrich and natalia/lilie scenes from being shown (oops) so that might be the reason why so many people had a hard time xD
Screen Shot 2016-07-25 at 4.01.46 PM.png
Outfits during testing xD Love those gloves <3
ImageImage

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#140 Post by Zelan »

I was actually wondering if it was a bug when I had so much trouble romancing Natalia! I hadn't seen the code, though, and I'm kinda used to sucking at getting the route I want, so I never suggested it. It's nice to know that it wasn't just my incompetence, hehe. cx Although I'm sure it still would have taken me at least five tries to succeed anyway.

Pace

#141 Post by Pace »

minyan wrote:Slowly trucking along!

Preview of one of the cg's for chapter 2:
Screen Shot 2016-07-03 at 8.18.36 PM.png
I love that dress......XD

Background art is impressive too, keep up the exceptional work!

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran

#142 Post by minyan »

Back! Still working on BGs... there are so many for chapter two OTL thankfully chapter three I'll be able to just recolor a few...
Screen Shot 2016-08-16 at 8.31.03 AM.png
Screen Shot 2016-08-18 at 9.52.54 AM.png
ImageImage

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran

#143 Post by minyan »

Finished kitchen bg:
Screen Shot 2016-08-18 at 2.18.09 PM.png
Sorry everythings a bit quick and dirty but at this point I'm more focused on putting everything together xD I can't believe I've gotten this far
ImageImage

Harliqueen
Veteran
Completed: Diving in Deep (NaNo15) The Lady's Choice(NaNo16) The Crossroads(NaNo17)
Projects: The Curse of Creek Edge
Organization: Seraphinite
Tumblr: seraphinitegames
Deviantart: SeraphiniteGames
itch: seraphinite

#144 Post by Harliqueen »

Backgrounds are looking great!

So excited for this you have no idea :D
Completed: Diving in Deep/The Lady's Choice/The Crossroads
Current WIP: The Curse of Creek Edge (NaNo2020)

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran

#145 Post by minyan »

Harliqueen wrote:Backgrounds are looking great!

So excited for this you have no idea :D
Thank you Harly! Can I call you Harly?

Update

One of the guest rooms in Emilie's house!
Screen Shot 2016-08-24 at 10.53.42 AM.png
I'm so close... just a few more bgs and the house is done \(*-*\)
ImageImage

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#146 Post by Zelan »

*cheers you on* I fall deeper in love with your art every time you post a new background. You draw them so well! ^_^ And the differences between the way you draw your sprite art and your background art are really interesting.

Agashi
Regular
Completed: Celestial Crossing, This My Soul
Projects: Queen's Crown
Organization: Code: Silk
Tumblr: queenscrownvn
itch: agashi

#147 Post by Agashi »

Just wanted to pop in and say that your art is absolutely lovely! I played the demo and found it to be a very promising start. The amount of effort you've put into it is obvious, and you should be super proud. :D I especially liked Aldrich. He's completely adorable.
Current Projects:

Image [GxB][Fantasy][Drama][Romance] Play the demo here!

Image [GxB][Sci Fi][Romance][Drama] Nanoreno '17 winner! Now COMPLETE!

Proud writer of Celestial Crossing! [Fantasy][SoL][High School][BxG] COMPLETE!

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran

#148 Post by minyan »

Zelan wrote:*cheers you on* I fall deeper in love with your art every time you post a new background. You draw them so well! ^_^ And the differences between the way you draw your sprite art and your background art are really interesting.
xD aw thanks. I really hadn't noticed any differences xD It might be because while my style has changed, I force myself to draw the way I used to for AC in order to keep all the sprites looking the same, but my backgrounds used to be terrible, so I let them change and develop normally. Maybe? Not sure, haha.
Agashi wrote:Just wanted to pop in and say that your art is absolutely lovely! I played the demo and found it to be a very promising start. The amount of effort you've put into it is obvious, and you should be super proud. :D I especially liked Aldrich. He's completely adorable.
Thanks! I love Aldrich too, he's my second favorite xD Such a sweetie. I am proud, I really never expected it to become what it did. I'm glad I got that second wind, and hopefully chapter 2 will be done soon!
ImageImage

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran

#149 Post by minyan »

Sneak peak!
Screen Shot 2016-08-25 at 3.10.35 PM.png
I think there's only two more backgrounds before I'm DONE with them for chapter two. Then I'll program everything and finish the free roam stuff... and then the glorious cgs. My September deadline might yet hold! ...Probably be the end of September though. For right now imma just say I can do it. I'm feeling ambitious >:D
ImageImage

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran

#150 Post by minyan »

Update
The last background of Emilie's house... for now. Watch, this time next week I'll be like: Oh, but it would just be so nice if there was a background for /this/ room...
emilieattic.png
Gotta pick and choose if I want this thing to get done! With this I should be able to get about half of Chapter 2 programmed. Probably won't be releasing a demo to anyone but my testers, but... we're close guys!
ImageImage