Arena Circus [GxB][BxB][GxG][Fantasy] New beta update!

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo.
Message
Author
User avatar
Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Posts: 2147
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:23 pm
Completed: The Dark
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Contact:

Re: Arena Circus [GxB][BxB][GxG][Fantasy] Ch 2 UP!

#211 Post by Zelan » Sat May 13, 2017 5:23 pm

I finally got a chance to play this again!! I replayed Chapter 1 since it had been a while and got through Chapter 2 as well. Nataliaaaaa oh my gosh <3
I got one scene that I didn't get in Chapter 1 last time, the one where Lilie goes into the bookstore at night to search for the ghost and finds Natalia there. That was fantastic. cx She's actually afraid of a lot of things, surprisingly! I like that about her, though - she's very tough but still has some fears for sure.

And maaaaaan Chapter 2 turned into like a HORROR VN for a bit there! I was not expecting that, but I thought it was super cool, especially the different version of the battle music. I was very afraid of what might happen if I lost, and it was particularly nerve-wracking without Aldrich's guidance. I'd been relying on that a lot, even if I ultimately went against it, because it gave me some information in regards to my options.

Also. MIN AND OWNER. I'm so unbelievably angry at owner, I don't want to do her any more favors from now on. >.< I was in total agreement when Aldrich yelled at her for it.

User avatar
minyan
Miko-Class Veteran
Posts: 594
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:59 pm
Completed: Trial By Fire, Heartbaked, Ellaria, Plain, This My Soul, The Pretenders Guild
Projects: Arena Circus
Tumblr: minyanstudios
itch: minyan
Contact:

Re: Arena Circus [GxB][BxB][GxG][Fantasy] Ch 2 UP!

#212 Post by minyan » Sun May 14, 2017 12:01 am

Zelan wrote:I finally got a chance to play this again!! I replayed Chapter 1 since it had been a while and got through Chapter 2 as well. Nataliaaaaa oh my gosh <3
I got one scene that I didn't get in Chapter 1 last time, the one where Lilie goes into the bookstore at night to search for the ghost and finds Natalia there. That was fantastic. cx She's actually afraid of a lot of things, surprisingly! I like that about her, though - she's very tough but still has some fears for sure.

And maaaaaan Chapter 2 turned into like a HORROR VN for a bit there! I was not expecting that, but I thought it was super cool, especially the different version of the battle music. I was very afraid of what might happen if I lost, and it was particularly nerve-wracking without Aldrich's guidance. I'd been relying on that a lot, even if I ultimately went against it, because it gave me some information in regards to my options.

Also. MIN AND OWNER. I'm so unbelievably angry at owner, I don't want to do her any more favors from now on. >.< I was in total agreement when Aldrich yelled at her for it.
Oh yay! Yes, Chapter 2... I was a little worried because of the tone shift, so I'm glad you liked it! And yea the battle music was so fun to mix up >w<

AND THANK YOU! You're the first person who's commented on that (there's a chain of events you kind of have to do in order so it might be hard to find XD) but yes, I was so mad... Ahh thanks for playing! I haven't had a chance to play Book Sleeper yet, but it's on my to do list!

Screen Shot 2017-05-14 at 12.57.36 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-05-14 at 12.57.55 PM.png
Some updates! CGs are underway!
ImageImage

User avatar
minyan
Miko-Class Veteran
Posts: 594
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:59 pm
Completed: Trial By Fire, Heartbaked, Ellaria, Plain, This My Soul, The Pretenders Guild
Projects: Arena Circus
Tumblr: minyanstudios
itch: minyan
Contact:

Re: Arena Circus [GxB][BxB][GxG][Fantasy] Ch 2 UP!

#213 Post by minyan » Thu May 18, 2017 6:57 am

Update!

It has been ROUGH but I finally sat my butt down and finished the romance CG for chapter 3. SO that means only two cg's left, and then the art is done. OH man... slow going... but slow and steady wins the race amirite...

...

...

Forgive me ; ;
ImageImage

User avatar
minyan
Miko-Class Veteran
Posts: 594
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:59 pm
Completed: Trial By Fire, Heartbaked, Ellaria, Plain, This My Soul, The Pretenders Guild
Projects: Arena Circus
Tumblr: minyanstudios
itch: minyan
Contact:

Re: Arena Circus [GxB][BxB][GxG][Fantasy] Ch 3 in production

#214 Post by minyan » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:39 pm

UPDATED

Windchimes is no longer writing chapter 3, as she's too busy. I'll be taking over, and will be working on it regularly. I'm hoping to get this out sometime in July. Most of the art is done, so it'll be writing and programming. Thanks for your patience and continuing to follow this project! I haven't given up. ;u;
ImageImage

kistnerelizabeth
Regular
Posts: 74
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:20 am

Re: Arena Circus [GxB][BxB][GxG][Fantasy] Ch 3 in production

#215 Post by kistnerelizabeth » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:09 am

I hope to see more and more work done on this awesome project. First off, it's set in a Circus, so I'm already in love with it. The characters are awesome and I love the art style. I can't wait to see this project get fully complete. I love creative and unique ideas like this. :)

User avatar
minyan
Miko-Class Veteran
Posts: 594
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:59 pm
Completed: Trial By Fire, Heartbaked, Ellaria, Plain, This My Soul, The Pretenders Guild
Projects: Arena Circus
Tumblr: minyanstudios
itch: minyan
Contact:

Re: Arena Circus [GxB][BxB][GxG][Fantasy] Ch 3 in production

#216 Post by minyan » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:01 am

kistnerelizabeth wrote:I hope to see more and more work done on this awesome project. First off, it's set in a Circus, so I'm already in love with it. The characters are awesome and I love the art style. I can't wait to see this project get fully complete. I love creative and unique ideas like this. :)
Thanks so much! I'm so glad you like the characters and art style, I really tried to give the game it's own feel ;u; Hopefully I'll get it completely done soon!
ImageImage

User avatar
minyan
Miko-Class Veteran
Posts: 594
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:59 pm
Completed: Trial By Fire, Heartbaked, Ellaria, Plain, This My Soul, The Pretenders Guild
Projects: Arena Circus
Tumblr: minyanstudios
itch: minyan
Contact:

Re: Arena Circus [GxB][BxB][GxG][Fantasy] Ch 3 in production

#217 Post by minyan » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:55 pm

Hey guys! So I lost a bit of fire for a while due to various RL stuff, but soon I'll have long days of just sitting in the office to do nothing but write and draw. I'm going to start hustling to try and get ch 3 out before my break is over in September. Slow and steady!
ImageImage

User avatar
Averxy
Regular
Posts: 87
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:12 pm
Completed: Heartbaked, Ellaria: Cotton & Cream, Plain
Projects: Toil & Trouble, Twisted
Organization: fablesoft.itch.io
Tumblr: FablesoftStudios
Skype: Leahleas
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Arena Circus [GxB][BxB][GxG][Fantasy] Ch 3 in production

#218 Post by Averxy » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:02 pm

minyan wrote:Hey guys! So I lost a bit of fire for a while due to various RL stuff, but soon I'll have long days of just sitting in the office to do nothing but write and draw. I'm going to start hustling to try and get ch 3 out before my break is over in September. Slow and steady!
You can do it Min! We're all here for you and I know you'll get AC done in no time <3
Completed: Heartbaked, Ellaria: Cotton & Cream, Plain
WIP: Toil & Trouble, Twisted
Check out Arena Circus, The Pretenders Guild, and Mnemonic Devices by Minyan!

User avatar
minyan
Miko-Class Veteran
Posts: 594
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:59 pm
Completed: Trial By Fire, Heartbaked, Ellaria, Plain, This My Soul, The Pretenders Guild
Projects: Arena Circus
Tumblr: minyanstudios
itch: minyan
Contact:

Re: Arena Circus [GxB][BxB][GxG][Fantasy] Ch 3 in production!

#219 Post by minyan » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:18 pm

Thanks Averxy!

I've started writing a bit more regularly, and right now chapter 3 is just over 16,000 words. I'm going to try and do some more art to make up for the delay. Thanks for all your support everyone.
ImageImage

User avatar
minyan
Miko-Class Veteran
Posts: 594
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:59 pm
Completed: Trial By Fire, Heartbaked, Ellaria, Plain, This My Soul, The Pretenders Guild
Projects: Arena Circus
Tumblr: minyanstudios
itch: minyan
Contact:

Re: Arena Circus [GxB][BxB][GxG][Fantasy] Ch 3 in production!

#220 Post by minyan » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:17 am

I am alive! I went home for vacation a short while ago and ended up having to extend it due to some complications from a minor surgery. But I'm back and hopefully can get back in the swing of things quickly. Thanks so much for your patience!
ImageImage

User avatar
minyan
Miko-Class Veteran
Posts: 594
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:59 pm
Completed: Trial By Fire, Heartbaked, Ellaria, Plain, This My Soul, The Pretenders Guild
Projects: Arena Circus
Tumblr: minyanstudios
itch: minyan
Contact:

Re: Arena Circus [GxB][BxB][GxG][Fantasy] Ch 3 in production!

#221 Post by minyan » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:35 pm

Chapter 3 writing is DONE! I am editing and programming as we speak! After that, I just have a bit more art I want to do for you guys for being so patient. Thanks so much for your support!
ImageImage

User avatar
Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Posts: 2147
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:23 pm
Completed: The Dark
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Contact:

Re: Arena Circus [GxB][BxB][GxG][Fantasy] Ch 3 writing done!

#222 Post by Zelan » Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:11 pm

Upside of disappearing for 3 months: a lot of work gets done on one of your most anticipated VNs. cx I can't wait to see Chapter 3!

User avatar
minyan
Miko-Class Veteran
Posts: 594
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:59 pm
Completed: Trial By Fire, Heartbaked, Ellaria, Plain, This My Soul, The Pretenders Guild
Projects: Arena Circus
Tumblr: minyanstudios
itch: minyan
Contact:

Re: Arena Circus [GxB][BxB][GxG][Fantasy] Ch 3 writing done!

#223 Post by minyan » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:23 am

Thanks Zelan!

I just realized I haven't posted here in a while! So the programming and writing is done! I just have a bit more art to do and I'll be releasing it. Unfortunately, the walkthrough for chapter two will not be done at the same time, as that will take me substantially longer to put together.
ImageImage

User avatar
minyan
Miko-Class Veteran
Posts: 594
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:59 pm
Completed: Trial By Fire, Heartbaked, Ellaria, Plain, This My Soul, The Pretenders Guild
Projects: Arena Circus
Tumblr: minyanstudios
itch: minyan
Contact:

Re: Arena Circus [GxB][BxB][GxG][Fantasy] Ch 3 coming Oct 20th!

#224 Post by minyan » Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:26 pm

Hello guys! So I have an official release date for chapter 3. October 20th! I also found time to finish the walkthrough for chapter 2, so that will be coming out at the same time. Thanks so much for all the encouragement and support! I can't wait to get this baby out there (and then relax for a month or two ha ha

HA HA HA

HA
)
ImageImage

User avatar
Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Posts: 2147
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:23 pm
Completed: The Dark
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Contact:

Re: Arena Circus [GxB][BxB][GxG][Fantasy] Ch 3 coming Oct 20th!

#225 Post by Zelan » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:12 pm

minyan wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:26 pm
Hello guys! So I have an official release date for chapter 3. October 20th! I also found time to finish the walkthrough for chapter 2, so that will be coming out at the same time. Thanks so much for all the encouragement and support! I can't wait to get this baby out there (and then relax for a month or two ha ha

HA HA HA

HA
)
^_^ You're doing great, minyan! I'm excited for the release!

(ahahaHA I feel you no rest for the wicked amirite??)

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users