We will be showing off a 95%-complete demo of A Near Dawn at the CNE Gaming Garage August 25-27th! Come check us out if you find yourself in the Toronto area!
We're putting together the User Interface for the game!
A Near Dawn is a visual adventure created by Leonid Pilchin. It is the first commercial project from Far-off Daydream Games.
A Near Dawn is an enjoyable yet devastating psychological thriller with amusing highs, gut-wrenching crashes, and mature themes. While grounded in reality, supernatural and science fiction elements will unfold as the story progresses. The opening sees our main character - Seattle-based attorney Sam Nichols - who seems to be experiencing disturbing psychological difficulties, exposed to progressively dire circumstances that threaten to unravel his reality and destroy those closest to him. Haunted by personal demons, with your law firm struggling and on the brink of collapse, you take the helm on an important new case involving a ruthless multinational corporation, defended by some of the vilest people you ever had the misfortune of knowing. The odds already seem stacked against you, but you will soon learn that things are not as they appear, as a deeper conspiracy begins to emerge. Where will you end up if you keep untangling the threads? You must be brave to uncover the truth.
This project is an interactive visual novel adventure featuring:
- Beautiful artwork and animations rendered in 1080p
- Immersive cinematics with some frame-by-frame animation
- Original music composed for the game
- Full voice audio provided by some very talented actors
- Puzzles to solve - the flow of this game is inspired by traditional adventure games
- Dynamic decisions that alter the course of your interactions with others - rewards or consequences for your actions
- Psychological tension - the main character has a darker personality who will come to the surface if you feed that darkness
- Multiple endings - there is one true ending, but your successes or failures can take you off course
- Episodic narrative - This is a full game, but it is part of an ambitious project with a far-reaching storyline
The stage is set - in fair Seattle, where we lay our scene.
The neighborhood diner near your workplace. Our story begins here with a chat between two of our protagonists over a lunch that goes terribly wrong.
Where, oh where could this be?
Writing & Programming - Leonid Pilchin
Character Art & Animation - Leonid Pilchin
Background Art - Alexander Kaloyan
Music - D.G.
Writing - 100%
Character Art - 100%
Animation - 100%
CG Art - 100%
BG Art - 90%
Music - 100%
Voice Acting - 75%
UI - 90%
Programming - 85%
1. What do you think about the concept?
2. What are your impressions of the characters and story? Who's your favorite?
3. How do you like the art style?
4. Are you interested in playing this game?
5. Would you support this project on KickStarter?
The Prologue to the first installment will be coming in a bit! Let us know what you think and wish us luck!