A NEAR DAWN ♣ [Thriller x Mystery x Comedy] < Play the Prologue! >

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
LeonDaydreamer
Veteran
Projects: A Near Dawn, Put A Sock In It!, Ghosts Are Good Hosts

Re: A NEAR DAWN ♣ [Thriller x Mystery x Psychological] [DEMO: SEP 25TH!] [KickStarter: SOON]

#106 Post by LeonDaydreamer »

Zelan wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:00 pm Woah, who's Red Guy in the back? I dunno what he's doing, but it can't be good, that's for sure. And two weeks until prologue release? That is awesome to hear! :D
Who, indeed? He's clearly a troublemaker, you can tell by his redness... and bigness. :P

Yup, I'm scrambling now, because I'd like to release it as soon as we can! Still have menu things to do (that sounded like many things to do, which is also true), voice audio finalizing, and to make a snazzy new trailer. :)
ImageImageImageImage

LeonDaydreamer
Veteran

Re: A NEAR DAWN ♣ [Thriller x Mystery x Psychological] [DEMO: SEP 25TH!] [KickStarter: SOON]

#107 Post by LeonDaydreamer »

I made a snazzy Itch.io site for the game!

<<SNAZZY ITCH.IO SITE FOR THE GAME>>

Also, more art:

Working on menus now - they really are the last thing you do, aren't they?
ImageImageImageImage

LeonDaydreamer
Veteran

#108 Post by LeonDaydreamer »

I added a little:

Just one of the 10, 000 things I have to figure out for this project.
ImageImageImageImage

LeonDaydreamer
Veteran

#109 Post by LeonDaydreamer »

Working on the menus for this game...

ImageImageImageImage

LeonDaydreamer
Veteran

#110 Post by LeonDaydreamer »

Awkward...

ImageImageImageImage

LeonDaydreamer
Veteran

Re: A NEAR DAWN ♣ [Thriller x Mystery x Psychological] [DEMO: SEP 25TH!] [PREFUNDIA!]

#111 Post by LeonDaydreamer »

We've been steaming on ahead with the project, and we now have a snazzy Prefundia page to introduce our campaign on KickStarter:

Please have a look and let us know if we missed anything or if there is anything else you might be interested in!

Also, look - more artwork from our game! :)
ImageImageImageImage

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: A NEAR DAWN ♣ [Thriller x Mystery x Psychological] [DEMO: SEP 25TH!] [PREFUNDIA!]

#112 Post by Zelan »

I don't know if I ever actually got to hear the voice work! Everyone did a great job, you've got some really talented voice actors on board with your project. ^_^ The rewards are all super enticing. I wish I had money to burn - I'd take one of the top tiers as soon as the Kickstarter came out. Hopefully, I'll at least be able to back for a game copy! c:

The only issue that I can spot is that some of the colors on the funding breakdown don't match up, for voice acting and for music. Otherwise, everything looks 100% ready to go. :D

LeonDaydreamer
Veteran

#113 Post by LeonDaydreamer »

Zelan wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:03 pm I don't know if I ever actually got to hear the voice work! Everyone did a great job, you've got some really talented voice actors on board with your project. ^_^ The rewards are all super enticing. I wish I had money to burn - I'd take one of the top tiers as soon as the Kickstarter came out. Hopefully, I'll at least be able to back for a game copy! c:
Thanks Zelan! :)
Yup, I've been fortunate to work with some pretty great voice actors.

I'm actually fairly nervous about the whole KickStarter thing - I've never done anything like that before, and since I'm fairly new on the scene, it's going to be really tough getting people to notice it. But, it's a challenge and I'm sure I will learn many things doing it (I already have... IT TAKES FOREVER to make the campaign proposal - well, 4-5 full, sleepless days :P ).
Zelan wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:03 pmThe only issue that I can spot is that some of the colors on the funding breakdown don't match up, for voice acting and for music. Otherwise, everything looks 100% ready to go. :D
Good eye, Zelan! :)
I did notice that earlier today, but I didn't bother fixing it until just now.
Let me know if you spot anything else weird! :P
ImageImageImageImage

LeonDaydreamer
Veteran

#114 Post by LeonDaydreamer »

Check out our BRAND NEW CINEMATIC TRAILER for A NEAR DAWN! :)

ImageImageImageImage

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: A NEAR DAWN ♣ [Thriller x Mystery x Psychological] [DEMO: SEP 25TH!] [NEW TRAILER!]

#115 Post by Zelan »

Woaaah, that looked awesome!! I didn't realize just how much you'd animated for this project. The one near the beginning with the clock over Alexa's body was super cool.

The one thing that I would look at again is your sound levels. The music overpowered the voiced lines and made it hard for me to hear them - if possible, I'd suggest bringing the song's volume down a tad. ^_^

LeonDaydreamer
Veteran

Re: A NEAR DAWN ♣ [Thriller x Mystery x Psychological] [DEMO: SEP 25TH!] [NEW TRAILER!]

#116 Post by LeonDaydreamer »

Zelan wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:02 pm Woaaah, that looked awesome!! I didn't realize just how much you'd animated for this project. The one near the beginning with the clock over Alexa's body was super cool.
Thanks Zelan! :)
The clock with the discontinuous dial is meant to represent the hand of fate, and the divergent course of our lives based on the decisions we make... I overthink literally everything I design! :P
Zelan wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:02 pm The one thing that I would look at again is your sound levels. The music overpowered the voiced lines and made it hard for me to hear them - if possible, I'd suggest bringing the song's volume down a tad. ^_^
You're right, a few people have been telling me that. Balancing Voice:Music is one thing I always have trouble judging... I just love that song so much! :)
ImageImageImageImage

LeonDaydreamer
Veteran

Re: A NEAR DAWN ♣ [Thriller x Mystery x Psychological] [DEMO OUT!] [KickStarter Oct 10th!]

#117 Post by LeonDaydreamer »

So, this is a bit of a soft-release of the FULL PROLOGUE for A NEAR DAWN! We'll update with more details and information - and we really hope that the Linux version actually works, because it has yet to be properly tested. But please check it out and let us know what you think! :)

AND, keep in mind that we hope to launch a KickStarter campaign to help fund the rest of the project. We really couldn't keep going with it the way we have been if we didn't get some support, so anything you could do to help share or support the project would be super appreciated. Thank you!

ImageImageImageImage

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: A NEAR DAWN ♣ [Thriller x Mystery x Psychological] [DEMO OUT!] [KickStarter Oct 10th!]

#118 Post by Zelan »

Hooray, the demo!! :D

Also I'm trying to stream it I guess? I've literally never done this before so I have no idea what I'm doing whoops

LeonDaydreamer
Veteran

#119 Post by LeonDaydreamer »

Zelan wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:57 pm Hooray, the demo!! :D
Also I'm trying to stream it I guess? I've literally never done this before so I have no idea what I'm doing whoops
Oh, wow! You Twitched it. :)
I have to learn more about Twitch, it's still a bit of an enigma for me.
How did you find it, Zelan?
ImageImageImageImage

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran

#120 Post by Zelan »

LeonDaydreamer wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:48 am
Zelan wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:57 pm Hooray, the demo!! :D
Oh, wow! You Twitched it. :)
I have to learn more about Twitch, it's still a bit of an enigma for me.
How did you find it, Zelan?
I actually didn't end up playing it, unfortunately. No one came to the stream (my fault since it was so impromptu haha) so I decided to plan things a little better before trying again. I'll probably set a time for this weekend.

You should've seen me though :') I typed in "how to stream on twitch" into Google and crossed my fingers from there.