A NEAR DAWN ♣ [Thriller x Mystery x Comedy] < Play the Prologue! >

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
LeonDaydreamer
Veteran
Projects: A Near Dawn, Put A Sock In It!, Ghosts Are Good Hosts

Re: A NEAR DAWN ♣ [Thriller x Mystery x Psychological] + MEGAUPDATE

#91 Post by LeonDaydreamer »

We are starting to put together the UI for this baby! :)

Writing for the Prologue is 100% done, as is the character artwork and most of the BG artwork.
ImageImageImageImage

LeonDaydreamer
Veteran

Re: A NEAR DAWN ♣ [Thriller x Mystery x Psychological] + MEGAUPDATE

#92 Post by LeonDaydreamer »

Ren'Py is magic. :)
I've hit some snags putting together the interface today, but it is so rewarding solving the issues and seeing all the pieces slowly coming into place.
ImageImageImageImage

LeonDaydreamer
Veteran

Re: A NEAR DAWN ♣ [Thriller x Mystery x Psychological] + CNE GAMING GARAGE Aug 25-27

#93 Post by LeonDaydreamer »

We will be showing off a 95%-complete demo of A Near Dawn at the CNE Gaming Garage August 25-27th! Come check us out if you find yourself in the Toronto area! :)
ImageImageImageImage

LeonDaydreamer
Veteran

Re: A NEAR DAWN ♣ [Thriller x Mystery x Psychological] + CNE GAMING GARAGE AUG 25-27

#94 Post by LeonDaydreamer »

"Go to hell, you a-hole!"
-- having to censor the dialogue for all ages for the CNE Gaming Garage this weekend - it's a family friendly place. :P
ImageImageImageImage

LeonDaydreamer
Veteran

Re: A NEAR DAWN ♣ [Thriller x Mystery x Psychological] + CNE GAMING GARAGE AUG 25-27

#95 Post by LeonDaydreamer »

It was all amazingness! I learned so much doing the CNE Gaming Garage convention and met so many cool, creative, and interesting people - and, of course had lots of people check out my games. Got some really nice feedback all around! :)
ImageImageImageImage

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#96 Post by Zelan »

HELLO LEON! I came to your thread first, as promised. :P

Alexa's CG looks great - I wonder what she's so concerned about? And who DID have the pasta?? So many questions, not enough answers.

I can't wait to hear more about the voice actors and the music! I took an A/V class the year before I joined Lemmasoft, and it gave me a whole new appreciation for sound design as a whole, so I love it when devs give it some love.

Has the con already taken place? What was it like? Did you have fun?

EDIT: When you make a post before realizing there was another page you didn't read. -_- Judging by the picture, it looks like you had a blast at the con! And that GUI is looking mighty fine - very smooth, fitting in well with the art style, clear but not distracting.

LeonDaydreamer
Veteran

#97 Post by LeonDaydreamer »

Zelan wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:01 pm HELLO LEON! I came to your thread first, as promised. :P
Alexa's CG looks great - I wonder what she's so concerned about? And who DID have the pasta?? So many questions, not enough answers.
I can't wait to hear more about the voice actors and the music! I took an A/V class the year before I joined Lemmasoft, and it gave me a whole new appreciation for sound design as a whole, so I love it when devs give it some love.
Hey Zelan! Welcome back! :)
We haven't seen you in a long while, I hope you were up to something nice.

Thanks! There are indeed many questions about this pasta business, hopefully you can all have the answers soon!
I still have some art and UI to put together for the Prologue, and I'm getting voice recordings in, but the meat and bones of it were running perfectly at the convention. Just needs a tad more skin. :P

Do you know anything about Sound Engineering? My Music guy has been hard to get a hold of lately, I might have to start thinking about looking elsewhere for some SFX support.
Zelan wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:01 pmHas the con already taken place? What was it like? Did you have fun?
EDIT: When you make a post before realizing there was another page you didn't read. -_- Judging by the picture, it looks like you had a blast at the con! And that GUI is looking mighty fine - very smooth, fitting in well with the art style, clear but not distracting.
Thank you, it was a great experience! It was my first convention ever. I had to learn a lot for it, but I was told that I was quite professional there. And, it was super fun! ;P
ImageImageImageImage

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran

#98 Post by Zelan »

LeonDaydreamer wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:09 pmDo you know anything about Sound Engineering? My Music guy has been hard to get a hold of lately, I might have to start thinking about looking elsewhere for some SFX support.
I know a little about mixing, i.e. making sure the sounds are balanced, the levels are all ok, etc., but I'm not really good at actual composing. Or recording for that matter. I was always best at taking the sound I was given and tweaking it to sound better.

Either way, though, I no longer have access to the program that I'm comfortable with. For the class, we used Logic Pro X, which is a $200 program. It might be possible for me to use the audio lab after schools lets out, but I'm not sure if it's restricted to students currently taking the class.

LeonDaydreamer
Veteran

#99 Post by LeonDaydreamer »

Zelan wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:14 pm I know a little about mixing, i.e. making sure the sounds are balanced, the levels are all ok, etc., but I'm not really good at actual composing. Or recording for that matter. I was always best at taking the sound I was given and tweaking it to sound better.
I see, well I'm still prodding my music guy. He's busy with other projects, too. :P
ImageImageImageImage

MarkusLappalainen
Regular
Completed: Several short films and games (including VNs)
Projects: A feature film, a short film and my own music
Organization: Audio Cabin from the North
Soundcloud: Markus Lappalainen

#100 Post by MarkusLappalainen »

Just came to drop by and tell you: you have done great work here! It is always refreshing to find not-manga style VNs :) I hope the rest of the journey with A Near Dawn go smoothly!
Have a happy day! 8)
- Markus Lappalainen, composer & music consultant
Scoring Portfolio

LeonDaydreamer
Veteran

#101 Post by LeonDaydreamer »

MarkusLappalainen wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:53 pm Just came to drop by and tell you: you have done great work here! It is always refreshing to find not-manga style VNs :) I hope the rest of the journey with A Near Dawn go smoothly!
Thanks so much MarkusLappalainen! :)
I'm scrambling to put the Prologue together (which is the free-to-play demo), I'm hoping to have it ready in a few weeks!
ImageImageImageImage

HimeNaya
Regular
Projects: S.I.N
Deviantart: himenaya
itch: himenaya

#102 Post by HimeNaya »

I'm really looking forward to the Demo of this project! The art and story definitely caught my attention! <3 Keep up the great work! I will keep my eyes open for updates!

LeonDaydreamer
Veteran

#103 Post by LeonDaydreamer »

HimeNaya wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:47 pm I'm really looking forward to the Demo of this project! The art and story definitely caught my attention! <3 Keep up the great work! I will keep my eyes open for updates!
Thanks HimeNaya! :) I'm keeping an eye on your project, as well.
ImageImageImageImage

LeonDaydreamer
Veteran

A NEAR DAWN ♣ [Thriller x Mystery x Psychological] [DEMO: SEP 25TH!] [KICKSTARTER: SOON]

#104 Post by LeonDaydreamer »

Yay! I finally finished the MENU (POSTER) ART for A Near Dawn!

More importantly, we want to release the Prologue (free-to-play opening to the first chapter) to our game as soon as we can!
SO.... ANNOUNCEMENT: We'd like to have the Prologue out by 11:00 AM MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 25TH!
And we hope to gear up a KickStarter Campaign shortly thereafter.

Please look forward to it and wish us luck! :)
ImageImageImageImage

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: A NEAR DAWN ♣ [Thriller x Mystery x Psychological] [DEMO: SEP 25TH!] [KickStarter: SOON]

#105 Post by Zelan »

Woah, who's Red Guy in the back? I dunno what he's doing, but it can't be good, that's for sure. And two weeks until prologue release? That is awesome to hear! :D