Beach Bounce [BxG][Slice of Life][Commercial]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Dharker
Regular

Beach Bounce [BxG][Slice of Life][Commercial]

#1 Post by Dharker »

Summary

A classic adult themed visual novel game following your exploits in your last summer holidays before you receive you university exam scores. A fun tongue in cheek story with multiple branches and various alternate endings for you to enjoy.

Characters
Blurb

It's your final summer before you get your university scores which could well decide how the rest of your life will go. One last summer to relax and enjoy yourself before you have to truly think about real life. So when your grandmother offered you an all expenses paid holiday to the beach how could you say no...
Of course there is always a catch.

In this case upon arrival you find that the beach resort named 'Beach Bounce' is an understaffed and poorly managed tourist spot and your grandmother needs you to pitch in to help her out during the potentially busy weeks of summer... It looks like your relaxing summer is shot to hell.

Screenshots
The game is aiming for a July release, it has already been confirmed to be appearing on Steam. And we have a kickstarter campaign running aiming to replace placeholder artwork and add more CG scenes and music to the game before its official release:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/aj ... ach-bounce

netravelr
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Culina: Hands in the Kitchen, Culina: The Spirit of Cooking, Saving Zoey
Projects: Love at the Laundromat
Organization: Lakeview Interactive
Deviantart: netravelr

Re: Beach Bounce [BxG][Slice of Life][Commercial]

#2 Post by netravelr »

Looks interesting, but I think the forums require a demo of some sort for a Kickstarter link to be allowed. May want to add that in :-P

With that in mind, I'm a bit concerned due to the fact that you already have a number of Kickstarters for a number of different projects. Didn't you finish crowdfunding for Echo Tokyo less than a month ago? How are you managing the multiple projects to ensure that both will get out? I'd note that even though here you say July is the aim, on the Kickstarter's expected delivery date you say that it is March so you may want to fix that.

Either way, good luck with the campaign and it looks like you've already succeeded so good job!
Technical Designer/Programmer
Game Design Portfolio - Project updates on my Twitter
Experienced in: C/C++/C#, Python, Unreal, Unity, and Flash

thebackup
Veteran
Completed: Final Week, CardioQuiz, Cafe Memoria, All I Want for Christmas is a Girlfriend, Dating Sim! Re:Mastered, Dating Sim! Luna's Lovely Summer
Projects: Memoria (on hiatus), Cafe Memoria Deux (cancelled)
Organization: PixaelSoft
itch: thebackup

#3 Post by thebackup »

Other than the rules requiring a demo to be posted with any kickstarter, this looks very fun, sexy, and promising. I shall keep an eye on this, good luck with the project! :)

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#4 Post by PyTom »

The rules require either a demo or an existing released game by the same time. I'm pretty sure Sword of Asumi counts.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

Dharker
Regular

#5 Post by Dharker »

Hi, Yeah sorry I should probably have mentioned Sword of Asumi as the previous game to prevent the confusion :)

In regards to how I keep all on schedule, I have several different 'groups' working with me, I have gradually built this up while working on Sword of Asumi as it is the best way I know how to work.

This game is already mostly written and it is more a matter of updating the graphics, so a much easier job than Echo Tokyo and Starlight Drifter... Right now, Sword of Asumi is being polished up for a final post release update, Starlight Drifter is in beta and Echo Tokyo as you say was just funded, but we signed a different artist for that and so art production has only just begun.

@netravelr:
As for the estimated release dates, that is for the beta :)

Essentially the £8 level is showing release of July 2015. But the beta which is included in the £15 and higher levels will start as soon as the campaign ends in March, hence the estimate date of march :)

Anyway thanks for the comments, the Kickstarter has now succeeded and is growing towards the stretch goals, so that is always nice when it occurs in the first few days of a campaign.

Dharker
Regular

#6 Post by Dharker »

Hi all, a quick update on Beach Bounce, the game can now be found in the coming soon section of Steam, development is going well and we are on target to release the game in July 2015.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/352010/