This World Unknown [Fantasy, Otome, GxB] [Complete!!!]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
ebi-hime
Veteran
Completed: Asphyxia, Blackberry Honey, The Language of Love, etc
Tumblr: ebi-hime
itch: ebihime

Re: This World Unknown [Fantasy, Otome, GxB] [Demo out]

#46 Post by ebi-hime »

VocaloidsRCool wrote:AWESOME!!!! I seriously can't wait for the finished version. The only way I could be happier is if you made Val a shimeji~ Then I could watch him on my computer until the game is released. XD
I can't wait for the finished version either... XD;;

Aaaw, and I kind of want a Val shimeji too... u///u
It's probably not a secret that Val is my fav... Though I'm fond of all of them, tbh.
I have a lot of free & commercial VNs available on Steam and itchio.io if you want to check them out! ☆

ebi-hime
Veteran

#47 Post by ebi-hime »

OK, got all of Asa's CGs, so I've been coding them into his route, while combing through Asa's script and fixing up spelling errors, awkward sentences, cutting out some scenes, adding in a bit more text when it feels too sparse, etc, etc. I haven't finished proofing Asa's route yet, but I hope it will be done by tomorrow. Or some point during next week.

And, here's a CG I think is particularly cute, just 'cause.
I have a lot of free & commercial VNs available on Steam and itchio.io if you want to check them out! ☆

VocaloidsRCool
Veteran

#48 Post by VocaloidsRCool »

Yay~ More progress is being made! And that is such a cute cg! I think you said on your tumblr that you weren't trying to make Asa that lovable, and you were surprised that people liked him, but I think he's funny, cute, and pitiable at times. I guess it's obvious that my favorite character is Val though. He's serious, strict, yet childish and kind at times. I'm really going to enjoy playing his route.

ebi-hime
Veteran

#49 Post by ebi-hime »

VocaloidsRCool wrote:Yay~ More progress is being made! And that is such a cute cg! I think you said on your tumblr that you weren't trying to make Asa that lovable, and you were surprised that people liked him, but I think he's funny, cute, and pitiable at times. I guess it's obvious that my favorite character is Val though. He's serious, strict, yet childish and kind at times. I'm really going to enjoy playing his route.
Well, I think Asa is kinda cute XD I really enjoy writing his interactions with Luca...
To be honest, I kinda ship them together, I think they're very cute: I

Val is also my fav, because of the stubborn and immature part of his personality. It's, like, gap moe... XD;

infel
Veteran
Projects: Mark's Story(BxB(Reach for the Stars(GxG), Mermaid Sonata(GxG,NaNo16), Black Dale-Curse of the Scarlet Witch(Semi Hiatus), A Few Secret Games
Tumblr: lunarwingsgames

#50 Post by infel »

It's really cool to see this nearly done =D. You've come a long way with it. I must say it's amazing how you've done all of these games and this one which is very long 0-0. I really admire that. I'm excited to play it =D. I have much to catch up on with visual novels. I haven't had much free time ;-;.

Ps- I ship Asa and Luca as well =D. It seems a part of you is joining the BL side XD. Jkjk. But still they are cute =).
Please support my Twitter, Tumblr and Patreon

Patreon
https://www.patreon.com/user?u=885797&ty=h

Current Projects

A GxG game about overcoming your fears and growing up in an forever changing world. Also focuses on lesbian relationships and self image.

Mermaid Sonata- A game about mermaids, magic, and adventure

http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 50&t=37512

ebi-hime
Veteran

#51 Post by ebi-hime »

All the CGs are finished, and the new GUI is also done!!! o'A'o
I recently finished proofing and putting together Asa's route, so now all I need to do is put together Val's, and then... It's done...? Q'A'Q
I can't quite believe it myself...

Well, even after I've put the routes together, I'm going to proofread a bit more, because I'm bad at catching my own errors, but still...
So close...

Have a screenie from Val's route, because it's super cute... And not spoiler-y XD;

neuropsy
Regular
Projects: Emissary of Starlight
Tumblr: emissaryofstarlight

#52 Post by neuropsy »

I finished the demo so far, and I have to say, I thoroughly enjoyed it! As a fellow writer, most of my comments will be about that aspect of your game.

You intertwined the settings and the characters very well, especially with what I've seen so far with Rhea. Even in a fantasy setting, psychological realism helps with the immersion factor of a story. The village is said to be small, religious, and secluded, and you've added detail to really solidify the setting: the illiteracy of most of the villagers, their suspicion towards a girl with horns, etc. I also really like how Rhea is portrayed to be both deeply spiritual and kind, although religion plays a role in the ostracization of her friends. It makes sense that she'd grow up to be religious even if people's attitudes stemming from their beliefs seem to contradict her gentle nature.

The characters each had their own distinctive and likable personalities that make for entertaining and thoughtful interactions. It's easy to see throughout the course of the game that there's a lot of character depth, something that I appreciate the most in games.

While I admit the pacing was a bit slow at times (but far from anything that'd actually bore me--it was still fun to read!), it fits the genre nicely. You neatly tied slice-of-life with the underlying anxiety of the overarching plot, where peaceful interactions occur on a daily basis even though there's restlessness in the back of Rhea's mind. You've definitely got me waiting on that cliff at the end of the demo. I'm eager for more!

*prays for a Selene path/mini-path since I feel so bad for her and want to help her*
"Everyone was jumping a giant jump rope, but I was too scared to join. I was hesitant, like a child, always waiting for you."
Current Project: Emissary of Starlight

VocaloidsRCool
Veteran

#53 Post by VocaloidsRCool »

ebi-hime wrote:All the CGs are finished, and the new GUI is also done!!! o'A'o
I recently finished proofing and putting together Asa's route, so now all I need to do is put together Val's, and then... It's done...? Q'A'Q
I can't quite believe it myself...

Well, even after I've put the routes together, I'm going to proofread a bit more, because I'm bad at catching my own errors, but still...
So close...

Have a screenie from Val's route, because it's super cute... And not spoiler-y XD;

I'm a bit late to comment, but, YAAAY~~~ I'm so happy! I was so depressed before reading this update, and you have no idea how happy I am now. I can NOT wait for this to be complete.

*Squeezes Val around the waist.* Yes! Soon, I can be with you Val-kun~

Val: Stop that this instant, you silly girl.

Tee hee~ =^-^=

ebi-hime
Veteran

#54 Post by ebi-hime »

Just bumping to say this is all virtually proofread now...
I still might tweak one or two things (because never happy, can always improve), but since the script is finalised and it's like 99.99% done...
I should probably work on promo stuff now orz

I can't give a release date because I don't know, but it should be in the summer - and I'm hoping it will be sooner rather than later.

VocaloidsRCool
Veteran

#55 Post by VocaloidsRCool »

I've really been looking forward to this game! I'll be keeping an eye on all progress updates, so keep up the great work~

Bryy
Veteran
Completed: 30+ games so far
Projects: Furry Shakespeare
Organization: Stegalosaurus Game Development

#56 Post by Bryy »

That character art is insane. Good job.

Daydreamer97
Tumblr: otomedaydreams.tumblr.com

#57 Post by Daydreamer97 »

I've been following this project for a long time and I'm really excited for its release! I can't wait to buy it when its out. The art is beautiful and something I haven't seen before and the story sounds interesting so I'm really excited!

ebi-hime
Veteran

#58 Post by ebi-hime »

Thank you guys u///u
At this point, the whole VN is finished, proofed, etc, etc. It's done. There are some really small changes I want to make still, but that will only take a few minutes.
As such, all I'm really doing is waiting until I can release it u_u

ebi-hime
Veteran

#59 Post by ebi-hime »

I think the new, updated demo will be released soon... Like, in a few days soon. It doesn't have any more content than the old demo, but portions of the writing have been edited/re-worked a lot, so it should read better. More effects have also been added, and CGs, so overall it should look better, too. I hope you're excited. I'm pretty excited >_>

And have a random screenshot:

ebi-hime
Veteran

#60 Post by ebi-hime »

The new demo is uploaded! o'A'o
Also, the VN is on greenlight. Please check it out~