Circum[N]avigate [SciFiFantasy][Otome]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
flaminghippo
Regular
Projects: At Bay
IRC Nick: flaminghippo

Re: Circum[N]avigate [SciFiFantasy][Otome]

#46 Post by flaminghippo »

I'm way too excited for this; so glad you're back! (P)lanets is one of the first VNs I ever played, and since then I've been hooked (and also very sad about your hiatus). Your art style has greatly improved, and I'm really into this more serious tone.

*volunteers as tester/proofreader*

Miyazaki Momoko

#47 Post by Miyazaki Momoko »

Yeayyyyyyyy~ Kinda late but; welcome back! (Okay now I'm like the 100th person to say it. =w=;) The art has improved a lot, it looks more mature and realistic now (comparing to Planets, I mean)~ (The 50th said it. Huahuahuahua) Andd... You don't know me. ;p Introducing.. Your stalker! X3 Andd I just commented something unrelated with the forum. Sorry, I'm just getting way too excited with your comeback(?)! ;w;

p/s: Please make this game worth-waiting and pay off all the energy I wasted for the excitement just now~ High expectations from you! >:3

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks
Completed: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended
Projects: Circum[N]avigate

#48 Post by teacup »

Hey guys! Thanks so much for the feedback and comments. I'm really sorry I haven't been as active as I said, but the game is still slated for the same release date. The thing is, I may have decided to redo some of the art, so... that's why I can't show much for now.
On the other hand, the script is probably about 95% done. I'm going to begin recruiting proofreaders next month, so if you're interested, please let me know via PM! I'd like around 3-5 proofreaders. If we can get that done fairly quickly, I might see about getting voice acting for the game.
Anyway, I've made a development blog over here. Nothing there yet, but check in for previews of the new art in a few days. Of course, I'll still post major updates here. Thanks again. :D

MimirollCookie
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Best Friends (DRAMA), Sweet and Spices (NaNo16)
Projects: Cupid's Wish, Best Friends Deux
Organization: Pastelle Studios
Deviantart: MimirollCookie

#49 Post by MimirollCookie »

Looks cool.....
"If they can do it, you can do it too! make them do it. They can do it, right?" :lol:
Getting a new laptop. Hopefully going back to VN making! (BWAHAHA)

neuropsy
Regular
Projects: Emissary of Starlight
Tumblr: emissaryofstarlight

#50 Post by neuropsy »

Waaaaah! I'm pumped for this game. I loved (P)lanets--played it back when I was in the middle of high school, I think? (I'm a senior in university now)--so I definitely look forward to the release of this game.

The premise of your story is fascinating. The base plot reminds me about a movie whose title I can't remember right now, but from your post alone I know your visual novel will be unique and different. I can tell that societal themes will be explored, and I absolutely love games with philosophical streaks underlying the story.

The most important part of the story to me is the characters, and they all seem distinct and interesting. Fain sounds absolutely precious to me, so you could bet I'm going to romance him first thing.

Your art is beautiful, too--I especially love Althea's design, her hair in particularly. It's a lovely shade.

In short, I eagerly await the full release! <3
"Everyone was jumping a giant jump rope, but I was too scared to join. I was hesitant, like a child, always waiting for you."
Current Project: Emissary of Starlight

Akemi-Takashi
Regular
Deviantart: Akemi-Takashi

#51 Post by Akemi-Takashi »

WOW! What wonderful art! *Stunned*

Anyways, the plot line is very original and something I've never seen before. Very unique. I also enjoyed (P)lanets, but I'd rather not compare since these are two different things :P

Character-wise, each character has a unique description and there doesn't seem to be the obvious "Oh! He must be the [--]dere type!" This is why it's unique in my opinion.
Oh, and is it just me or does Reimei remind me of Cecil from Uta no Prince-sama XP

Anyways, I'm excited for the next update! I'll be waiting.
Free to do anything related to English grammar such as proofreading or scripts! ;)

"Nothing ventured, nothing gained." (Proverb)

cursebreaker

#52 Post by cursebreaker »

Yay!! Soo excited for this. ♥♥♥

Lesleigh63
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: House of Dolls; Lads in Distress - Nano'16; Delusion Gallery Nano'18
Projects: BL VN
Deviantart: Lesleigh63

#53 Post by Lesleigh63 »

This is coming along nicely since I last dropped by.

Love the sprites.

Alice PH
Regular

#54 Post by Alice PH »

*Swim by* hiiii, good work thus far, hope it's going welllll
If you give your words on the game that you will finish.
I will wait. Let it be 2 years,4 years or more ★

sakurakimuchi
Regular

#55 Post by sakurakimuchi »

Interesting plot, sounds kind of dystopian if you ask me. I loved it!
Good luck~

audrenes
Regular
Projects: Phoenix, Swan Lake, Kiss Me X
Tumblr: ajmakesvns

#56 Post by audrenes »

It's great to see you working on a new project! I really enjoyed playing (P)lanets, so I'm really hyped to play this when it's released. Also, your art has improved beautifully! I love the feel that it gives off. Best of luck!

Rem-chan
Regular

#57 Post by Rem-chan »

I'm so excited for this game *O* (P)lanets was my very first otome game!

Baky
Regular
Tumblr: delicrieux

#58 Post by Baky »

When I saw...That this game is developed by the same person who made (P)lanets...I...SCREAMED

DUDE---! (P)lanets was my first otome game that I played when I was twelve and was still new to vn's and I ended up staying up till 5am to finish one route and then falling asleep with out even turning off my laptop...Man, brings back so many memories!

I'm really pumped for this game (Haku is my bae, I have a thing for thieves ;) ) Can't wait to play it!

Keep up the good work <3
♡I write things for fun.♡

narutochats
Regular

#59 Post by narutochats »

teacup wrote:Hey guys! Thanks so much for the feedback and comments. I'm really sorry I haven't been as active as I said, but the game is still slated for the same release date. The thing is, I may have decided to redo some of the art, so... that's why I can't show much for now.
On the other hand, the script is probably about 95% done. I'm going to begin recruiting proofreaders next month, so if you're interested, please let me know via PM! I'd like around 3-5 proofreaders. If we can get that done fairly quickly, I might see about getting voice acting for the game.
Anyway, I've made a development blog over here. Nothing there yet, but check in for previews of the new art in a few days. Of course, I'll still post major updates here. Thanks again. :D
Shot you an email TeaCup! :)