Circum[N]avigate [SciFiFantasy][Otome]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks
Completed: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended
Projects: Circum[N]avigate

Re: Circum[N]avigate [SciFiFantasy][Otome]

#16 Post by teacup »

@Josie, Sorani, Khnachi, Pyonkotchi, azurextwilight, Hazel-bun, Doomzilla, yoshibb, Lesleigh63, MaiMai, KittyKatStar, and everyone~

Aww, thank you so much friends! <333
It feels great to be remembered! Just makes me want to work even harder so not to disappoint you all. c':

Reikun wrote:Welcome back!!!!!! Waaahh I love everyone's outfit designs! I'm also curious about the "Tà pánta rheî kaì oudèn ménei." Did you make up a cool fancy language for this game??? :D Good luck with this project and I'm looking forward to seeing it complete!!!!! <3
Hehe, I wish I was cool enough to invent my own entire language ^^; That's actually an ancient Greek quote said by the philosopher Heraclitus.
Although there ARE lots of words in the game that I came up with myself, and there's going to be an in-game encyclopedia/dictionary that defines them all.
Also thank you for complimenting their clothes, I worked so hard trying to make them look cool ;o;"
ixWishing wrote:Welcome back Teacup! I'm glad you're working Circum[N]avigate!
Hopefully you'll find CG artists to help you soon, so good luck to you! ^^;;
I hope so too! If not I can just do them myself, but since I don't want to rush them the game might not come out as soon as I want. I'll just have to hope for the best, and maybe make a thread over in the recruitment section ^^
Moon20 wrote:Welcome back Teacup we have missed you and thank you for working with this VN again.
I'm really looking forward to this VN very much.

I have one question.
Did you not have plans to reopdatere Planets life Of happyness?
With new ending and other things
You mean the (P)lanets remake?
Yes, I did have plans to update the game and I did make a lot of progress in it, but to be honest, I want to focus my attention to other games for now! (P)lanets was much more successful than I ever could have hoped for and I'm really proud of it, but overall, it was just a simple story that I wrote in high school and I got tired working on it for so many years ^^;
There've been some talented people who've asked if THEY could remake the game and I have no issue giving permission for them to do so! The school setting just doesn't interest me a lot anymore, and I think there are enough wonderful games with a school theme that a (P)lanets remake/sequel isn't necessary or needed. I hope that makes sense, and I'm truly sorry if it's disappointing.
So that's all I will say about (P)lanets here, as I want to focus on other things for now. :)

If anyone has any questions about the game, plot, characters or features that will be in it, feel free to ask!
I'm so curious as to what you'd like to see in this game! What kind of features are important to you? Anything that's absolutely integral to your enjoyment in a VN experience? Please, tell me your opinions!

Also I'll have an update with the art soon. I'm nearly done with the sprite for Elreine. I've also finished the second outfits for all the main characters, but I'm not sure if that's interesting enough to post here, unless you want to see them in their pajamas and things xD

Moon20
Regular

#17 Post by Moon20 »

I understand that Teacup and I was just curious what happend to Planets remake thats all.
I'm cheering and support you.
I'm just happy at you decide to continue work with this game.

ebi-hime
Veteran
Completed: Asphyxia, Blackberry Honey, The Language of Love, etc
Tumblr: ebi-hime
itch: ebihime

#18 Post by ebi-hime »

Ooh
The character art, GUI, and BGs look really pretty o:
And I like the fantasy setting too. It sounds like it might be quite epic in scope.
I'm looking forward to this n_n;
I have a lot of free & commercial VNs available on Steam and itchio.io if you want to check them out! ☆

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks

#19 Post by teacup »

Moon20 wrote:I understand that Teacup and I was just curious what happend to Planets remake thats all.
I'm cheering and support you.
I'm just happy at you decide to continue work with this game.
Well I'm very glad I have your support! Thank you! :)
ebi-hime wrote:Ooh
The character art, GUI, and BGs look really pretty o:
And I like the fantasy setting too. It sounds like it might be quite epic in scope.
I'm looking forward to this n_n;
Thanks so much! It is a story-based game with quite a few twists, so I'm hoping it'll be pretty epic.

Andd here's a screenshot, as I've just finished coloring Reimei's second pose!

KittyKatStar
Veteran

#20 Post by KittyKatStar »

Wow, your art has improved so much! Very sleek and lovely.

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#21 Post by 15385bic »

yay! i thought i was seeing things when i saw your name but nope - its reallllll - welcome back! and wish you luck with this project 8D

mitoky
Veteran
Projects: The Purring Demon's Love, circus eterie

#22 Post by mitoky »

Welcome back teacup!!

After you were gone for a while i was wondering what happend to Circum[N]avigate and am excited to see it now here, haha.~
Also, i am very happy to see you here again and glad that you are (hopefully) feeling a bit better now!

About the game, did you do the BG yourself? (I might have overread that) Overall it looks already very beautiful! And the sprites are wonderful <3 Totally gonna go for Haku first//slapp

If you need help or just someone to talk to, feel free to write me. (:

Anyway, i wish you best of luck and am gonna follow your process. Have a nice day!

Moon20
Regular

#23 Post by Moon20 »

You are very welcome Teacup
I cant help you but Which you need somebody to talk to.
So can you just PM me:-)

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks

#24 Post by teacup »

KittyKatStar wrote:Wow, your art has improved so much! Very sleek and lovely.
Thank you! ;w; That's so good to hear, as I was afraid my art would get worse after taking such a long break.
But discovering how to use the line tool has been my saving grace;;
15385bic wrote:yay! i thought i was seeing things when i saw your name but nope - its reallllll - welcome back! and wish you luck with this project 8D
Yess, I'm real indeed xD Thank you so much!
Itozuuu wrote:Welcome back teacup!!

After you were gone for a while i was wondering what happend to Circum[N]avigate and am excited to see it now here, haha.~
Also, i am very happy to see you here again and glad that you are (hopefully) feeling a bit better now!

About the game, did you do the BG yourself? (I might have overread that) Overall it looks already very beautiful! And the sprites are wonderful <3 Totally gonna go for Haku first//slapp

If you need help or just someone to talk to, feel free to write me. (:

Anyway, i wish you best of luck and am gonna follow your process. Have a nice day!
Thank you! I am feeling a lot better. It feels great to have my motivation back :)
The BGs are free sources but I edited them to death by adding textures and gradients over them, haha. I was going for a surreal watercolor look.
Will definitely write you if I need help. Thanks so much for the offer <3
Moon20 wrote:You are very welcome Teacup
I cant help you but Which you need somebody to talk to.
So can you just PM me:-)
Aww thanks! Will definitely message you if I need someone to talk to ^o^
That's a way of helping too!

Today's update~

More second poses, plus an update of Haku's original sprite cause I didn't like how I colored it and I like making more work for myself, yay!
Fain second pose coming up next!
Also, I've decided on who will be the CG artist for this game...
drumroll...
ME! Yes. I'm such a masochist, doing everything on my own ahahaha;;

Kuroneko_rg
Veteran
Projects: Dark Pleasures, Kiss of Blood, Midnight Park
Organization: Black Cat Alleyway

#25 Post by Kuroneko_rg »

Oh my, teacup is back. Good luck with this, I'm certainly gonna keep an eye on it.

nosoclever

#26 Post by nosoclever »

Woah! so this project is still alive!
i love the art and the characters designs!
i loved planets too,wow cant wait to see more updates from you! good luck!!!

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks

#27 Post by teacup »

Thank you guys! I'm so happy that I haven't been forgotten!

Sorry for lack of updates - I've been working on the script, so I don't have too much to show... but progress is definitely being made.
I'm also making a new tumblr where I can update more frequently and hopefully get some more feedback! I'll have the link for it soon when I finish making it look nice. :)
My next post will have Fain's second pose, so stay tuned!

LeonDaydreamer
Veteran
Projects: A Near Dawn, Put A Sock In It!, Ghosts Are Good Hosts

#28 Post by LeonDaydreamer »

This looks good. Nice character designs and promising storyline. :-)
Good luck with it!
ImageImageImageImage

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks

#29 Post by teacup »

LeonDaydreamer wrote:This looks good. Nice character designs and promising storyline. :-)
Good luck with it!
Ah thank you! I hope you will enjoy it once it's out. :)

Welp, I know I said I'd have Fain's sprite up, but I've gone to my parents' home for spring break and I don't have his .psd file on my laptop (it's on my desktop at my own home). So instead I worked on the GUI! And it actually functions!
This is my first time to fully customize a GUI. It was so hard for me! I don't have experience with UI design so it's not amazing, but I'm still proud of it. I may fix some aspects later, especially now that I know what I'm doing (kinda)... it's kinda plain I think? I might just throw some textures over it. For now though, I'm tired of coding. Goodnight~!

Constructive criticisms welcome. What do you think?

Doomzilla
Regular
Tumblr: punchysporkk

#30 Post by Doomzilla »

I like the appearance a lot! I don't think it's too plain; it looks crisp and professional to me. I love that background. I don't see any way to access more save slots, do we only get 3? That troubles me as I'm an obsessive saver. x.x