E-Depth Angel [Mystery][SciFi][School life][Otome]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
mayshing
Regular
Completed: Once an Artist, E-Depth Angel: Pinocchio's Murder
Projects: Be Mine Mr. Divine, Mizuchi, Assess K
Organization: Altabe Studio LLC
Deviantart: Mayshing

E-Depth Angel [Mystery][SciFi][School life][Otome]

#1 Post by mayshing »

**EDIT Nov 16, 2016:
The DEMO is BACK!!!
It has been redone with new sound and some fixes!

You can download it off our site to play!!

-----
We got Greenlight on Steam!

WINDOWS VERSION Coming soon!
MAC VERSION Coming soon!

Also our Kickstarter is funded! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ma ... sual-novel
-----

Hello everyone! My team and I at Altabe Studio has been working on this VN for some time!
We are scheduled to complete the game by Dec 2016!

This visual novel game is an adaption our long-standing comic series E-Depth Angel
http://comics.mayshing.com/edepth/ that acts as a standalone as well as continuation of the franchise.
Newcomers and long time fans can play this game with ease without confusion due to its flexible gameplay and clearcut storyline.
Uncover the truth of your friends who need your help! Even romance them along the way!

Summary: Which memory is true, which is fake?
Angel must sort out the implanted memories and true memories in her friends Lien and Kolei
in order to rescue them from the grasp of their controlling father Seon who wants to turn them
into puppets to become pure weapons of mass destruction.

There will be different chapters focusing on different characters depending on
who you choose to talk to, between Lien, Kolei and Seon.

Collect evidence and prove what memories are correct! Uncover buried secrets!

Title: E-Depth Angel: Pinocchio's Murder
Genre: Visual Novel, Mystery, Science Fiction, Romance, Choose Your Adventure
Rating: Everyone
Engine: Renpy
Platform: PC/Mac
Language: English
Word count: 60K
Voice Acting: Yes (minimal)

Characters:
Name: Angel Love
Species: Human/Clone
Info: The main character. Angel is a certified nurse for cyborgs and wishes the best for them,
including helping her friends Lien and Kolei with their personal issues.
Well meaning and committed, Angel won't stop until her friends are finally happy.

Name: Lien Lei aka "Chris"
Species: Cyborg
Romance option: Yes
Info: CEO of Seon Corp and Angel's temperamental boss with a death wish who may or may not have feelings for her...
Lien has had a grudge against family members for years which he might take to the grave.

Name: Kolei aka "Darren"
Species: Cyborg/Bio-Mech
Romance option: Yes
Info: The younger brother of Lien who is quieter than his explosive brother but acts distant as there is more going on
beneath the surface than he likes to let on. His relationship with Lien is complicated due to their history and half-sibling relation.

Name: Seon Lei
Species: Cyborg/"Immortal"
Romance option: At your own risk
Info: Lien Lei and Kolei's obscure father who owns a major company, Seon Corp.,
that is as big and powerful as a small country.
His reasons behind the treatment and mental manipulation of this sons are questionable...

Side Characters:
Name: Dr. Sharon
Species: Human
Info: A long time employee of Seon Corp and Angel's boss when Lien isn't around.
Usually calm and collected, she might decide to leave her job due to the insanity that ensues between the Lei family.

Name: DingDing
Species: Robot/Mini Android
Info: DingDing is Angel's personal robot assistant and a defacto "pet" as well friend, she's customizable in appearance.
She relays messages for Angel and helps Angel with her work.

Randy - A cyborg whose human life was turned upside down thanks to Seon Corp., namely Lien Lei.
He is a steadfast friend to Angel and forced lackey of Lien. His hacking ability makes him a valuable ally.

Lilian - A mysterious and beautiful woman with a striking resemblance to Lien's deceased mother due to being her clone.
What secrets does she know by being at Seon's side?

Mini Game
Dress up! (Work in progress)

*Game elements:
-Mystery aspect: investigate and collect evidence of true/false memories.
-Presenting the case not to a judge but to a character according to their beliefs and personalities,
you need to lay out the evidence in a timeline, if matched you get a good ending,
if not matched you get a bitter/sweet ending but with another evidence to keep playing.
-You can end up helping the enemy to take over the world if you choose.
-Options to pair characters up, there’s romance element
-Friendship endings are available
-13 Endings
-Over 25 CGs

Regardless of the funding result, the game is scheduled to finish at the end of 2015 or early 2016.

Team Members:
Art/direction/story: Mayshing
Production Assistant: Elysse Breaux, Roxie Tran
Art assistance: Dagriz Cova, Elysse Breaux
Story editors: Elysse Breaux, Roxie Tran
Programmers: Alex Cox, DragoonHP
Programming assistant: Elysse Breaux
Sound: Greg Lim, Dagriz Cova
VA: Rob Reilly, Brian Tubbs, Elysse Breaux
3D sets: Young Lee, Brandon Wright
Game User Interface Template Design: Dagriz Cova
~Special thanks:
3D stock: Uncle Mugen
Sound stock: freesound.org

Example of our animation work: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTxzVJHrMBo
(Youtube code not working at the moment)

We're taking this story to the future and under de sea!

The Nurse's Room/Center

School
Last edited by mayshing on Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:36 am, edited 45 times in total.
That's the way life outta be

Razz
Veteran
Completed: Starlight Vega, Catch Canvas, Love Ribbon, Happy Campers, Wolf Tails
Projects: Two projects
Organization: Razzartvisual

Re: E-Depth Angel [Mystery][SciFi][GxB]

#2 Post by Razz »

Glorious! I read your webcomic before, there's nothing more impressive than a comic artist who can draw robot battles. Roxie has been telling me about your plans for an e-depth angel VN and I'm glad you decided to make a thread for it here!

mayshing
Regular

#3 Post by mayshing »

Razz wrote:Glorious! I read your webcomic before, there's nothing more impressive than a comic artist who can draw robot battles. Roxie has been telling me about your plans for an e-depth angel VN and I'm glad you decided to make a thread for it here!
Thank you so much for your enthusiasm and support! Roxie has been a big influence with this VN since she's the senior with that field. :) We're trying to get the word out as much as we can! And LSR is a great community for that as it's so diverse and welcoming.

Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Emma: A Lady's Maid (editor)
IRC Nick: MadHarlequin

#4 Post by Mad Harlequin »

Welcome!

I remember reading the comic a while ago and enjoying it. Looks like I'll have to catch up. :)
I'm an aspiring writer and voice talent with a passion for literature and an unhealthy attachment to video games. I am also a seasoned typo-sniper. Inquiries are encouraged. Friendly chats are welcome.
"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."
— Mark Twain

mayshing
Regular

#5 Post by mayshing »

Mad Harlequin wrote:Welcome!

I remember reading the comic a while ago and enjoying it. Looks like I'll have to catch up. :)
Thank you!

Hope you enjoy the series! We have over 800 pages of the comic now, but hopefully you don't find that too much to catch up on! We promise the plot has really stepped up! http://comics.mayshing.com/edepth/

(Btw, love your Joker icon. B:TAS Joker is one of the best incarnations of the character, imo)

Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Emma: A Lady's Maid (editor)
IRC Nick: MadHarlequin

#6 Post by Mad Harlequin »

mayshing wrote:Hope you enjoy the series! We have over 800 pages of the comic now, but hopefully you don't find that too much to catch up on! We promise the plot has really stepped up! http://comics.mayshing.com/edepth/
I actually still have my original bookmark from when I found the comic on Smackjeeves . . . It really has been a while! But don't worry! I read very quickly. :lol:
(Btw, love your Joker icon. B:TAS Joker is one of the best incarnations of the character, imo)
Thanks! I'm a huge Batfan, so I ended up making my forum username and avatar an homage to two of my favorite characters. (I think you're right. That version of Joker is definitely one of the best.)
I'm an aspiring writer and voice talent with a passion for literature and an unhealthy attachment to video games. I am also a seasoned typo-sniper. Inquiries are encouraged. Friendly chats are welcome.
"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."
— Mark Twain

mayshing
Regular

#7 Post by mayshing »

Mad Harlequin wrote:
mayshing wrote:Hope you enjoy the series! We have over 800 pages of the comic now, but hopefully you don't find that too much to catch up on! We promise the plot has really stepped up! http://comics.mayshing.com/edepth/
I actually still have my original bookmark from when I found the comic on Smackjeeves . . . It really has been a while! But don't worry! I read very quickly. :lol:
Thanks! I'm a huge Batfan, so I ended up making my forum username and avatar an homage to two of my favorite characters. (I think you're right. That version of Joker is definitely one of the best.)
Oh that has been a while, ha! We mainly updated on our own site though we're slowing adding the pages to Tapastic.

The Joker and Harley Quinn are just so good together, their dynamic is really diverse (and its shows how dysfunctional it is, along with the abuse and then the 'loving' part, but it's great when Harley gets the Joker back). One of the best things to come out of TAS was Harley's character that became an official comic character. Perfection

Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Sunrise: A Dieselpunk Fantasy & Ultramarine: A Seapunk Adventure
Projects: Thrall: A Dark Otome Visual Novel
Organization: AURELIA LEO, LLC
Tumblr: authorzknight
itch: authorzknight

Re: E-Depth Angel [Mystery][SciFi][School life][Romance][GxB

#8 Post by Hazel-Bun »

Amazing! Can't wait for more :)
Black bookstore owner. Diverse fiction reviewer. Bestselling romance author. Award-winning fiction editor. Quite possibly a werewolf, ask me during the next full moon.

mayshing
Regular

#9 Post by mayshing »

Hazel-Bun wrote:Amazing! Can't wait for more :)
Thank you for the support! We hope to have more to share soon! We're working on the Demo assets right now!

ebi-hime
Veteran
Completed: Asphyxia, Blackberry Honey, The Language of Love, etc
Tumblr: ebi-hime
itch: ebihime

#10 Post by ebi-hime »

Ooh, the art looks really pretty o: The nurse character is super cute! And I like her name, 'Angel Love', haha XD It makes me think... she could be a fashion or beauty youtuber with a name like that XD
DingDing is really adorable. I like the inclusion of a dress-up game! And I also think it's cute how DingDing kind of looks like Mokona, too. Or some kind of pokemon.
The inclusion of gameplay elements sounds like it'll be interesting, maybe more immersive than just clicking through text...
And the backgrounds are absolutely gorgeous. They look so beautiful - all of them. I would play this game just so I can stare at all those gorgeous backgrounds.
Do you know if it will be commercial or not? o: The quality certainly looks good enough for it!
I have a lot of free & commercial VNs available on Steam and itchio.io if you want to check them out! ☆

mayshing
Regular

#11 Post by mayshing »

ebi-hime wrote:Ooh, the art looks really pretty o: The nurse character is super cute! And I like her name, 'Angel Love', haha XD It makes me think... she could be a fashion or beauty youtuber with a name like that XD
DingDing is really adorable. I like the inclusion of a dress-up game! And I also think it's cute how DingDing kind of looks like Mokona, too. Or some kind of pokemon.
The inclusion of gameplay elements sounds like it'll be interesting, maybe more immersive than just clicking through text...
And the backgrounds are absolutely gorgeous. They look so beautiful - all of them. I would play this game just so I can stare at all those gorgeous backgrounds.
Do you know if it will be commercial or not? o: The quality certainly looks good enough for it!
I'm so glad you decided to check it out! :) Oh yes, Angel's name is quite literal to her personality XD
She definitely could! Hm, a vlogger in the future maybe... have to put that down as alternate careers for Angel, lol! You would think it's a stage name!

It's good to hear DingDing's design is appealing! She started off very different in the manga, but she's been updated since then ;)
So happy to hear you think that of the backgrounds! >///<

In regards to commercial: We plan on having a Kickstarter for it in May and then we'll about pushing it to Stream ;)

AERenoir
Veteran

#12 Post by AERenoir »

Ooh! I've been following Edepth comic, although I kind of missed out on stuff lately because I got busy...
I'm excited to see it as a game! The UI and Backgrounds are so pretty...

mayshing
Regular

#13 Post by mayshing »

AERenoir wrote:Ooh! I've been following Edepth comic, although I kind of missed out on stuff lately because I got busy...
I'm excited to see it as a game! The UI and Backgrounds are so pretty...
Hooray! It's always a joy to find a reader of ours! We hope you can catch up soon!
We're happy to hear you're excited! That's exactly what we're hoping from our E-Depth fans!
Thank you~ We're working hard to make this game at a high quality and be true to the original comic :)

mayshing
Regular

#14 Post by mayshing »

April Update!

We're in the middle of fine tuning our Demo with finishing art assets and programming. We're just beginning QTing to squash any bugs!

We also have a rough cut of our opening trailer :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8tvRSjmkqE
(youtube code still broken here on the the site)

Hope everyone who did NaNoRenO enjoyed themselves~

AERenoir
Veteran

#15 Post by AERenoir »

... I only just noticed President Seon O____O
Did we.... actually see that face of his in the comics? I only remember him wearing Lien's mom's face to spite him or something.