UPDATE (3/16/2015)!!!!! THE SECOND DEMO'S OUT!!!
Here's the download links
Please play and tell me what you think? Which character is your favorite and what you're looking forward to in the FULL game.
Also, here is Princess's pet official tumblr page
Hello everybody! I want to do a Renpy game for a really long time, I have a lot of ideas but my works seem to never progress outside of sprite making. Well I decided to actually finish something for the day I turn 20 - a gift to myself so here it is: Princess's pet in all its glory.
But that's just the story of how I start making this game. The truth is, because I was busy (and lazy), I wasn't able to finish it on time and could only launch a rushed version of the demo on my birthday (which was the 25th last month) on tumblr.
That said, I'm still on my way to actually finish making it.
It’s a silly little otome game, with 3 het route, 1 yuri route and a secret route. The idea is there’s no bad answer. Sometimes, you’ll have to choose the seemingly bad answers to unlock the special endings. But don't get it wrong, you don't have to choose any particular bad answer because this game doesn't use the flag system for that. To put it more simple, there's a hidden meter which measures your mean/evil level (I just put it that way, doesn't necessarily mean the MC is evil). You're too mean to the love interest then you don't have enough love points for the endings, you're not mean enough then bye bye that other ending. there'll be 2 edings for each route. What you consider the better ending entirely depends on you though, if you don't want the endings where you'll be spoiled like a princess by the guys/girl because you're not into that, that's okay 0v0 (hahahahhaha). I won't make the special endings too hard to obtain though, don't worry.
MC [Default: Himeko Yukimura]: The MC is a happy go lucky girl. She loves dogs, drawing and flirting a little too much.
Naoto Fujiwara: He's the MC's childhood friend. They take care of eachother ever since they were little. He's a little reserved and he's not very talkative toward stranger.
Sho Ikki: An acquaintance of the MC from her art club. He loves flirting aroundwith MC a lot but never seems to be able to get the upperhand. He's a senior and he's having trouble with choosing his career path (he doesn't have anything he wants to do)
Akane Yamamoto: A girl who sits next to the MC in class, the vice president of the student council. She's serious about everything she does and she really hates her little brother, Aoi.
Aoi Yamamoto: An underclassman from the MC's art club. He's blunt and has a short temper. He doesn't get along well with his older sister, Akane.
- The ability to choose the MC's name (How cool is that?)
- CG Gallery (Seperate Gallery entry for each character. Believe me I spent god know how much time on this)
- ADV (Special Event told from the POV of the guys and the girl_nvl style, unlocked after you've chose some certain options_yeah this one uses the flag function so you'd better save a lot). It'll be accessible via the Extra section on the main menu. It won't have any effect on your actual gameplay. These little stories will help you understand the feeling of that person at that moment better.
- Secret character route (Unlocked under certain circumstances, uses both the hidden metter and flag function and another mystery function)
- 10 endings (2 for each)
The demo will have:
- 25% of the full game
- 2 CG event for each character (1 for the secret character)
- Secret character route (First meeting)
- 2 ADV event. 1 for Naoto and one for Sho.
- GUI and music for the full game.
- Illustrations for the ending you will get if you keep playing that way.
CG Gallery Sceen (Seperate gallery for each Character)
Screenshots of gameplay
Example of CG:
-Art, story, program: Me a.k.a toki (Check out my tumblr and my devianart page)
Music: Credit to syncopika from GreenbearMusic under Creative Common 4.0
- Sound effect: Soundjay
- SOUND EFFECTs MAY CAUSE STARTLE SO YOU SHOULD LOWER IT DOWN FIRST BEFORE PLAYING.
- Silly story
- Sucky background because I don't want to use filtered photograph and I fail hard at backgrounding
- GUI: 100%
- Sprites: 100%
- Story: 50%
- CG: 25%
Thank you for reaching this far. It's my first game ever though so feedback will be very appreciated hahahahahaha
I will probably want to ask questions like which is your favorite character and what more do you want to see in his/her route once the FULL demo's up (But I'd love to hear your opinions if you have finished the rushed demo too~).
Hopefully I'll be able to finish making this game.
Thanks for reading~~
Extra: Sketch of MC being a cutie