Evangeline [Psychological Horror]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Deji
Cheer Idol; Not Great at Secret Identities
Projects: http://bit.ly/2lieZsA
Organization: Sakevisual, Apple Cider, Mystery Parfait
Tumblr: DejiNyucu
Deviantart: DejiNyucu

Re: Evangeline [Psychological Horror] [NaNoReNo 2015]

#16 Post by Deji »

Woah, that GUI is AWESOME!
Love he art and the idea, great job and good luck with the rest of the development! <3
Tumblr | Twitter
Forever busy :')
When drawing something, anything, USE REFERENCES!! Use your Google-fu!
Don't trust your memory, and don't blindly trust what others teach you either.
Research, observation, analysis, experimentation and practice are the key! (:

allurious
Regular

Re: Evangeline [Psychological Horror] [NaNoReNo 2015]

#17 Post by allurious »

Aw, thanks so much everyone! Your support means heaps and I'm workin' hard to get the game done. It's a bit tricky balancing it on top of a (fairly time intensive) full time job, but I'm having a bunch of fun working on Evangeline.

Done some more UI stuff, text boxes, icons etc. For this version I'll probably just heavily edit the 3D renders of the backgrounds, but I get the feeling I'd like to make this game more in depth so I'll more-than-likely just hire a BG artist after that point (and after NaNoReNo is done). The 3D renders don't look too bad though, so it'll do for now. Because I'm so strapped for time, I'm going to try make this an intro/demo to what I'd like the full game to be, so I can still accomplish finishing it in time. Hooray! I think.

testing out creepy expressions...

allurious
Regular

Re: Evangeline [Psychological Horror]

#18 Post by allurious »

Obviously I didn't finish in time for NaNoReNo (had just relocated countries and started a new job, haha), but I want to finish Evangeline properly because it's been heaps of fun working on a horror game. The finished product will be bigger and more polished, and I'm currently beavering away at it at the moment. The plot outline is done, dialogue and programming is getting started and I'm really looking forward to where it's gonna go!

Jin
Regular
Projects: Ephemeral (Writer), Woman of Xal (Singer for Demo/VO), Cute Demon Crashers (VO), Ashes of Destruction (Writer)
Soundcloud: anairisqui

#19 Post by Jin »

Oh my gosh. I'm absolutely in love with that description. Such a children's storybook vibe; it's familiar and intriguing. I also really love Magda's design.

Can't wait to see more progress on this! <3

Geckos
Veteran
Completed: Brilliant Shadows, Perceptions of the Dead, The Phantom Icecream Truck
Projects: Embers of Magic, Pale Spectrum, Perceptions of the Dead
Organization: Ithaqua Labs
Tumblr: geckosart
Deviantart: sitaart

#20 Post by Geckos »

Looks great so far!
Image ImageImage