Flowers For Me [Slice of Life, Romance, GxB, GxG]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Hijitoki
Regular
Projects: Flowers For Me(VN)

Flowers For Me [Slice of Life, Romance, GxB, GxG]

#1 Post by Hijitoki »

As of right now, my art style has completely changed, so sprites are currently being redone.
Lucille Walker is just an average girl looking to find her place in the jigsaw of life. Recently graduated from high school, she’s left pondering about what she wants to do in the future.
Story

Recently graduated from high school, Lucille Walker’s left exhausted and stressed at the end. She’s ready to move away from high school, the drama, and especially the people she knew back then. College is within sights, and she wants to be away.

Except she doesn’t know what to do.

With summer at her door, she’s been invited by grandmother back to Walden, her mother’s hometown far away from the familiar big city. There, she’s offered a part-time job at her grandmother’s flower shop and towards a chance at a new lifestyle, and new encounters. Will Lucille be able to put her life back together? Will she be able to find her true passion? May she possibly find love in the process?

Features
- 3 Bachelors and 1 Bachelorette
- 5 Potential Endings
- CG Gallery
- Customized GUI

Characters

Lucille “Lucy” Walker: A socially awkward perfectionist who tries to be proactive around her. She’s a hard worker and tries her best to not let others down; however, she tries to take care of herself and takes pleasures in the little things. Following her mother’s nature, she’s naturally kind and forgiving to others, but her temper flares quickly to her dismay. She’s on the fence of being forward with people and will not open up with anyone about personal problems easily.

Andrew Kowalski: A quick-tempered, socially awkward part-timer at the flower shop dislikes the newcomer Lucy and adores her grandmother. Coming from a busy family, Andrew grew up alone until recently when he decided to hang out with Grandma more. He loves her with all of his being. He’s the type of person who puts 110% into everything. He’s quick to learn his mistakes and is able to admit when he’s wrong. Although selective in people, he warms up quickly to people who befriend him.

Ellis Anderson: A kind, compassionate person who works at his father's diner. Although he decided to stay and help with the family business, he longs for the city of lights. Very mature and older-brother-like, he's used to meditating fights between Charlotte and Mike. He always makes sure to offer his straightforward opinions and has a plan at hand. He’s scary when angered. Though, he gets quite childish about the littlest details.

Mikhail "Mike" Nikolaev: A quirky hair stylist clerk who does whatever he pleases. Spirited and adventurous, he’s easily amused by everything and loves to mess around with people. He loves life and makes sure not to regret anything. He does get out of control when teasing people, so it’s best to tell him off. Although slightly hesitant to open up at first, he’s very open with his affections and minds little else.

Charlotte Fortier: A headstrong girl who aspires to be a video game marketer. Quick to make friends, she’s optimistic and bright. While she’s very confident in her academic abilities, she also carries a sharp tongue and very opinionated views that she will openly express. At all costs, she will stand for what’s right. While she may be irritable, she tries her best to see both views but can be too stubborn for her own good.

Eleanor Walker: Lucille’s grandmother who has taken in Lucille during her time of trouble. She is a warm and kind individual who helps everyone in town. While she may be pushy with her opinions, she’s willing to understand people’s opinions and work to a fair solution. She doesn’t tolerate any disrespect and will give a handful of scolding. If the recipient is willing, she’s willing to help with their problems even to an extreme. Oftentimes, she’s too helping and occasionally guilt trippy.

Jacob Johnson: Lucy’s friend whom she previously liked. The two managed to stay as close friends throughout high school. Though busy with college, he enjoys the occasional Face Time together and tries to support her when she's lost. Besides that, he’s a smart individual and explores his options all around. At times, he'd get too self-absorbed and distracted.

Demo Progress
Outline: DONE
Script: 100%(Needs editing)
Sprites: DONE(Currently going through a revamp)
CG: 40%
Background: 80%
Programming: DONE (90% of total game)
Music: DONE
Estimated Date: 2015

Staff
GUI, Coding, Writing, Art, Concept Art: Hijitoki

Proofread/Editor: Reika Aoyama, Nym
USER FEEDBACK

1.Are there any characters that stand out to you so far? If so, why? (Could be design, personality or anything else.)

2. What would you like to look forward to in the game?.

Thank you for your time! :D
Last edited by Hijitoki on Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:12 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Follow me~ Lucent Catty

Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Emma: A Lady's Maid (editor)
IRC Nick: MadHarlequin

Re: Flowers For Me [GxB, GxG]

#2 Post by Mad Harlequin »

Lucille and Charlotte are my two favorite characters. (It could be because I'm a combination of the two of them. :lol:)

Right now, I'm mostly looking forward to seeing how your story unfolds. It's very relatable, which is

I love the logo, by the way.
I'm an aspiring writer and voice talent with a passion for literature and an unhealthy attachment to video games. I am also a seasoned typo-sniper. Inquiries are encouraged. Friendly chats are welcome.
"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."
— Mark Twain

annpan
Regular
Projects: Death Pledge -Wish of Blood-
Organization: Broken Wisteria or Qian.
Tumblr: waterlilyvn

#3 Post by annpan »

Thread posted! Wheeeee, This mystery bishie, was he the part-time? Got to love Andrew. Hope to see more from you.

Hijitoki
Regular

#4 Post by Hijitoki »

Thank you for the feedback! I hope that it may continue on. :)

The GUI is officially done for the demo! The Extra option, which will contain a CG and Replay gallery, will not be included in the demo.
Title Screen
Preference Screen
Save/Load
Text Box
Yes/No
Thank you for your time! :)
Follow me~ Lucent Catty

Smudgeed
Regular
itch: smud

#5 Post by Smudgeed »

Hey, this looks great!

1. For your first question I can honestly say that you have a very solid cast of characters. Mike and Charlotte seem the most interesting to me and I'd love to see their relationship unfold.

2. I am looking forward to seeing the story evolve and the characters evolve as well.

I like the story and characters a lot, they are both very likeable. Additionally, the GUI looks great and fits the game very well. I look forward to this and good luck with it! :)

Hijitoki
Regular

#6 Post by Hijitoki »

Hello,
Just for a quick update,
Basic sketches and outlines are up for the characters! :)
Music is at 50%!

More updates will come next week!

Also, thank you for any feedback! :D
Follow me~ Lucent Catty

Hijitoki
Regular

#7 Post by Hijitoki »

Long time for an update!!

As of now, there's only 1 sprite left and 5 CG's to outline and colour! So, bumping up that Art percentage xd
Script's about 50% done
Music is officially done!!!! 100%

The demo will consist about a week of gameplay(reading more likely)

As always, thank you! :)
Follow me~ Lucent Catty

Hijitoki
Regular

#8 Post by Hijitoki »

Also, here's some sketch CG's I planned for the demo!

As always, feedback is nice. Thanks for the people who commented!
Follow me~ Lucent Catty

Smudgeed
Regular
itch: smud

#9 Post by Smudgeed »

Yes, updates! Game looks like it's progressing nicely! Those sketches look great. Can't wait for the demo :)

Hijitoki
Regular

#10 Post by Hijitoki »

Smudgeed wrote:Yes, updates! Game looks like it's progressing nicely! Those sketches look great. Can't wait for the demo :)
Thanks so much!!! :)
Follow me~ Lucent Catty

Hijitoki
Regular

Re: Flowers For Me [Slice of Life, Romance, GxB, GxG]

#11 Post by Hijitoki »

Just a small update: Art is currently being revamped and script needs to be edited
Follow me~ Lucent Catty

Hijitoki
Regular

Re: Flowers For Me [Slice of Life, Romance, GxB, GxG]

#12 Post by Hijitoki »

Small update: Script's basically done and just needs to be edited!
Follow me~ Lucent Catty