Witch's Brew [Temporay Hold]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Laiska
Veteran
Completed: Queen At Arms, Cerulean, The Shadows That Run Alongside Our Car, Vicarwissen
Projects: Caramel Mokaccino
Tumblr: minesweeperaddict
Deviantart: koyoba

Re: Witch's Brew [X x B/G/X][Fantasy][Comedy][Slice of Life]

#31 Post by Laiska »

The name definitely looks more interesting as Kennith, anyway!

Thirteen
Regular
Completed: A Walk in the Woods
Projects: Unamed Game
Tumblr: houseflesh

#32 Post by Thirteen »

nipaa_kazuma wrote:S-so much updates ! I don't know where to look first !
Let's start with a little question :
About the potion brewing will Zemroth always be using the recipe book or could they go like "freestyle" and try different combinaisons ?
(and eventually take the risk to blow the entire place or secondary effects ?)
I do plan on allowing freestyle potion brewing! I thought it'd be a neat way to find new recipes for potions on your own! Though you might blow the place up, and not be able to see anyone all day, because your house is on fucking fire.
Also I saw the full body version of harpy Zemroth and I really like how you pay attention to details like their "lil' chubby belly". ^^
Thank you! Haha I really love representation of all kinds of people and nonpeople in my games, so different body types are amazing to me! So Zem is a lil chubby! It's Zaza's fatty cooking that does it!
By the way since now we know even more about Kennith and especially his jokes I must say I like him even more <3.
I can imagine Kü and Kennith being in competition with Zaza and Layla to get the "best" parents award.
I'm glad ya like Kennith! He's honestly going to be one of the more fun characters to write for, just because of how silly he can be!
And honestly Kü and Kennith would probably be burned by Zaza's parenting skills. Zaza is the #1 demonic parental guardian.
(Or Zaza would just throw a hissy fit, and Zem would be like "Zaza wins" to make it feel better lmao)

Thirteen
Regular

#33 Post by Thirteen »

Laiska wrote:The name definitely looks more interesting as Kennith, anyway!
Haha I'm glad you think so!
I'm already planning out a scene where Zem asks Kennith how to spell his name and he's like "It's the same as Kenneth but with an i instead of the second e"
and Zem just sorta looks at them like what the fuck?
And Kennith's just like "Hey don't gimme that face ZEMROTH."
And Zem's just like "Let's make a weird name club."

Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Emma: A Lady's Maid (editor)
IRC Nick: MadHarlequin

#34 Post by Mad Harlequin »

Thirteen wrote:
I'm already planning out a scene where Zem asks Kennith how to spell his name and he's like "It's the same as Kenneth but with an i instead of the second e"
Sounds good! I'm not opposed to Kennith, for the record. My editor's brain just notices these things and latches onto them. Heh . . .
I'm an aspiring writer and voice talent with a passion for literature and an unhealthy attachment to video games. I am also a seasoned typo-sniper. Inquiries are encouraged. Friendly chats are welcome.
"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."
— Mark Twain

Laiska
Veteran
Completed: Queen At Arms, Cerulean, The Shadows That Run Alongside Our Car, Vicarwissen
Projects: Caramel Mokaccino
Tumblr: minesweeperaddict
Deviantart: koyoba

#35 Post by Laiska »

Thirteen wrote:I'm already planning out a scene where Zem asks Kennith how to spell his name and he's like "It's the same as Kenneth but with an i instead of the second e"
I had a friend in college, her name was "juh-neht", but it was written "Janet," because her parents were really into Janet Jackson and didn't know how to properly pronounce Janet... What I'm saying is weird names are entertaining xD

Thirteen
Regular

#36 Post by Thirteen »

Mad Harlequin wrote:
Thirteen wrote:
Sounds good! I'm not opposed to Kennith, for the record. My editor's brain just notices these things and latches onto them. Heh . . .
Hey don't you worry I didn't take offense at all! You were just like hey that's a typo!

Thirteen
Regular

#37 Post by Thirteen »

Laiska wrote:
Thirteen wrote:I'm already planning out a scene where Zem asks Kennith how to spell his name and he's like "It's the same as Kenneth but with an i instead of the second e"
I had a friend in college, her name was "juh-neht", but it was written "Janet," because her parents were really into Janet Jackson and didn't know how to properly pronounce Janet... What I'm saying is weird names are entertaining xD
Yesssss. I love interesting names!

Thirteen
Regular

#38 Post by Thirteen »

Ahahahahaha.... So where have I been for a year right???
Well, basically I sorta lost interest in making VNs and didn't really touch Witch's brew. But, I'm back and I'm back to working on the game. I have about 2 chapters of the game outlined and Some more ideas of how it will work. I hope to be more active on the forum as I work on this game, because while I didn't work on it I always thought about it. I definitely want to finish it! I'm a college student though, so finding time to work on it will be difficult. It'll probably be a weekend project until summer break and then I'll try to work on it extensively.

I don't have much to show for it now, because I'm still writing the story (it's going to be a long one it seems), but hopefully some of you are still interested ^^;
My updates will be much more interesting once I start working on assets, which are going to e a lot more developed technically than when I first started working on the game.

Anyways, I've got some writing to do.

DuskSnare
Tumblr: DuskSnare
Soundcloud: DuskSnare

#39 Post by DuskSnare »

Thirteen wrote:Ahahahahaha.... So where have I been for a year right???
Well, basically I sorta lost interest in making VNs and didn't really touch Witch's brew. But, I'm back and I'm back to working on the game. I have about 2 chapters of the game outlined and Some more ideas of how it will work. I hope to be more active on the forum as I work on this game, because while I didn't work on it I always thought about it. I definitely want to finish it! I'm a college student though, so finding time to work on it will be difficult. It'll probably be a weekend project until summer break and then I'll try to work on it extensively.

I don't have much to show for it now, because I'm still writing the story (it's going to be a long one it seems), but hopefully some of you are still interested ^^;
My updates will be much more interesting once I start working on assets, which are going to e a lot more developed technically than when I first started working on the game.

Anyways, I've got some writing to do.
YAYYYY I can't wait :D

Thirteen
Regular

#40 Post by Thirteen »

YAYYYY I can't wait :D
Thank you thank you! I'm really determined to get this game done! Even if it takes me forever!

Update:
Zemroth and Ariana
Zemroth and Ariana
Jared and Carrie
Jared and Carrie
Kennith and Kü
Kennith and Kü
I redrew the MC and romance-able people. my art has gotten a lot less terrible since I last drew them, so that's good. Also, some design aspects changed: Jared has short hair and gross stubble (his age has changed. He is in his mid 20s now.) and Carrie’s hair is shaved in the back (she’s super cool and hip). The art style of the game will be exactly as shown above. Once I start working on assets I'll post those too, for now I'm just trying to work out some stuff with concept sketches.

I'm making some sketches for the GUI and am working out the game content and how its mechanics will be like. So far I know that the main character will travel the environments through a point and click style, and characters will have set schedules and that will determine where they are in the world.

There will be a simple time system - Morning, noon, and night. Though, I am still unsure of how actions in the game (i.e. potion making, traveling, character events, ect.) will translate in this system, so I may implement a really simple clock and have a 24 hour day cycle and assign a time to each action to determine how long it takes and how the day moves. I'm not sure about doing that though, because then I'll have to involve a calendar, and that really serves no purpose in terms of the games content. But I'll cross that bridge when I start the coding.

Progress on the outline is going well, and I'm thinking in a week or two I'll start writing out the actual script.

Wissa
Regular

#41 Post by Wissa »

This is the best thing everrrr

Thirteen
Regular

#42 Post by Thirteen »

Wissa wrote:This is the best thing everrrr
Thank you! I'm glad your excited about it! It is really encouraging!

Rahnos
Regular

#43 Post by Rahnos »

This looks so great! I'll definitely be lurking a lot on this thread. :P

Thirteen
Regular

#44 Post by Thirteen »

Rahnos wrote:This looks so great! I'll definitely be lurking a lot on this thread. :P
Thank you thank you! I hope you enjoy my future shenanigans in game development.

Thirteen
Regular

#45 Post by Thirteen »

I'm currently outlining Kü's "path" I guess is what you could call it. And I had the hankering to draw it! So here's a more clean drawing of Kü. I may be its in game sprite if I don't change its design. But once again everything is up in the air until I finish the writing, which is going pretty smoothly.

ku sprite.png
I Changed up its eyes, and gave it a mouth. I also added another necklace, and Kü also has cute little bangles.
ku is tall as fuck.png
Here is a really rough full body. Also Kü is really really really tall. So I don't know how houses in the natural plain will work for him. Poor thing must get a sore back from bending over all the time.