where nightmares go ~{horror/romance}

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
zozolovesyou
Deviantart: manamilovesyou

where nightmares go ~{horror/romance}

#1 Post by zozolovesyou »

~where nightmares go~

my first visual novel, a story based on red ridding hood, that is still early in development. (◕ฺー≦)ノ
Kleki_(13).png

basic info~

legend:
the village zea (red) lives in has a legend that long ago there was a witch who said "men don't deserve to dream, only to fear, so i shall give them nightmares." and she cast a spell on the land making all nightmares real, sending them to the forest. and at night they would come out and sneak into the village killing hundreds, many brave men tried to hunt them and only failed, they tried building a wall but that failed too along with everything else they tried until one day a hunter went out and stopped them, he drove them all deep deep in the woods and if any nightmares tried escaping he cut off their heads. and they say they are still there in the woods to this day and so is the hunter keeping the nightmares away. so it became known deep deep in the woods is where nightmares go.~ԅ(≖‿≖ԅ)

story :
im wanting allot of gore and violence , which so far there is c: & the main protagonist is zea (red ridding hood) who is planning on going to visit her grandma with her mother, until while her mother is making the basket they are gonna take she starts coughing up blood. and she sends little zea off to her grandma's alone, speaking of alone zea has a fear of it.., about 1/3 of the way she has a panic attack and big bad wolf, or lavell as i named him comes out of the forest to see why shes crying, then he offers walk her to her grandma's which she accepts, but when they get there , her grandma is gone- so they go off deeper in the woods searching for her, & when they get there she is missing they find the grandma's diary saying on her last walk she saw something strange deep in the forest and was planning on getting a better look at it soon.so zea & lavell go deep in the forest looking for her & like in the legend "nightmares" try to kill them. along they way they meet 2 twins named Catio & Timori who they be-friend. They ask why they are in they woods & the twins reply, a witch stole their house.-not going to give all the story away on here just yet, but lets just say there's the adorable twins , a shady witch, a woodsman, a angry ghost named Isabella a hidden underground cellar, lots of secrets, sad pasts & lots of things that want to kill you.ヽ(゚Д゚)ノ

characters

zea (red ridinghood)
the main protagonist, zea is hyper, weird, see's the good in people before the bad, and is a little too trusting. She lives with her mother in a average-sized village and her father passed away when she was little. Zea is cursed with her strange fear of being alone.
zea
zea
lavell (the big bad wolf)
feared by many in there right-minds, lavell is known for his bad past of stealing, being close to witches ,lying,and even murder. Some people believe he is a demon brought here by a witch but not much is known about him except he is the only one of his "kind" and he prefers to be alone.
the early- version of lavell
the early- version of lavell
*more characters will be added once drawn-out*
working list
~hisui77

*also in-need of artist & editor*
Attachments
the early-version of zea
the early-version of zea
Last edited by zozolovesyou on Tue May 26, 2015 8:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.

SeventhStranger
Regular

Re: where nightmares go ~{horror/romance}

#2 Post by SeventhStranger »

Interesting idea! Looking forward to seeing how it develops.

AntiquedFae
Veteran

#3 Post by AntiquedFae »

Hiya, wondering if this might be better off in the Ideas section, rather than the WIP? You might do better getting more the type of feedback you need at this point on the project there. :)
The sprites look fantastic, by the way!
You can call me Fae!
I offer proofreading and ideabouncing. You can find out more in my thread.

zozolovesyou

#4 Post by zozolovesyou »

AntiquedFae wrote:Hiya, wondering if this might be better off in the Ideas section, rather than the WIP? You might do better getting more the type of feedback you need at this point on the project there. :)
The sprites look fantastic, by the way!
thanks ! /.^ i'll probably make a post in that section thanks for the info!
Last edited by zozolovesyou on Fri May 01, 2015 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zozolovesyou

#5 Post by zozolovesyou »

SeventhStranger wrote:Interesting idea! Looking forward to seeing how it develops.
thank you very much c: ~