Love, Money, Rock'n'Roll[KICKSTARTER ENDED!]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
SovGames
Projects: Love, Money, Rock'n'Roll (Visual novel)

Love, Money, Rock'n'Roll[KICKSTARTER ENDED!]

#1 Post by SovGames »

LATEST UPDATE:
OUR KICKSTARTER CAMPAIGN HAS SUCCESSFULLY ENDED!
DOWNLOAD THE DEMO VERSION HERE
The Eighties; the romanticism of the early rock’n’roll; the making of the trans-national corporations; the spirit of freedom and rebellion against society. Political intrigues, world unbound by the vice of globalization, and the birth of modern business model. The time when money could buy everything and meant nothing.

The main character, Nikolai, is a son of two engineers who emigrated to Japan from the Soviet Union when he was a child. After his parents' tragic death in a production incident, he has been living alone, attending a local school for foreigners and children from wealthy families. One day he gets caught in a whirlwind of events, intrigues, political schemes, and complex human relationships. Is he destined to get out of this storm unhurt, or will he be swept away by the hurricane of life that is more complicated and threatening than he could ever imagine?

This and many other things you will find in Love, Money, Rock'n'roll", a new visual novel in development by Soviet Games. Immerse yourself in an engrossing story, find the secrets of the powerful Corporation and the purpose of the mysterious Project, choose your path and find your love.
The planned game features:

Dozens of hours of gameplay
With more than 300 000 words planned in the script, LMRnR is one of the longest visual novels out there.

An immersive tale
Full of love, intrigues, music, betrayal and self-sacrifice. With a multitude of choices that define the development of the story.

Unity3D engine
To ensure best possible flexibility and performance

Four heroines
Each with her own story, temper, and several possible endings

Lots and lots of art and music
Several hours of music, more than 80 event CGs, more than 80 BGs, and all of this – of prime quality

Multiplatform
LMRnR is planned for release on Windows, Windows Phone, Linux, MacOS, iOS, Android, and as a web-version simultaneously
Heroines

Himitsu

Himitsu is Nikolai’s childhood friend.
She is kind, caring, she always worries for him, sometimes even too annoyingly so.
But is simple friendship really enough for her?
Maybe the years of devotion earned her something more?

Catherine

Catherine is Nikolai’s ex-girlfriend who left Japan about a year before the beginning of the game’s events.
Their parting wasn’t the prettiest and Nikolai still carries quite uncomfortable memories about it.
Perhaps he would have forgotten them with time, but Catherine suddenly returns and, moreover, transfers into his class.
Why did she return? Does she still love him? Does he still love her?

Eli

Ellie is the granddaughter of the board chairman of the school Nikolai goes to.
She is a self-willed, proud girl and thinks highly of herself, but cannot be said to lack ardour.
Is everything really as simple as it looks at the first glance,
or is there more than meets the eye behind the image of a spoiled young lady?

Kagome

Kagome is the representative of Nikolai’s class. He has never paid attention to her before,
but a certain sequence of events makes them come to know each other.
Kagome isn’t loved in the school, and she isn’t really burning with desire to become friends with anyone either.
Is there a reason for her behaviour? What hides behind the facade of a simple unsociable girl?
What secrets does she hide?
Planned Languages: Russian and English
Planned Platforms: Windows, Windows Phone, Linux, Mac, Android, iOS, Web
Planned Age Rating: 18+/16+. The game will be released in two editions
Please visit our website and read our blog for additional information about the game.
You can also send us an e-mail (mail@sovietgames.su) and follow our twitter, tumblr, facebook, and RSS feed for future updates!
Last edited by SovGames on Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:54 pm, edited 13 times in total.

piichimi
Regular
Projects: A+ Switch! (Visual Novel)

Re: Love, Money, Rock'n'Roll [Romance][Drama][Mystery]

#2 Post by piichimi »

Oh my gosh!! this looks so adorable!!
are you planning on releasing a demo?

SovGames

#3 Post by SovGames »

piichimi wrote:Oh my gosh!! this looks so adorable!!
are you planning on releasing a demo?
Yes, definitely! It will take some time to make though.

Neryko
Regular
Deviantart: neryko

#4 Post by Neryko »

THis project look so so cutie. Im going to take a look on it! ^^)/
ImageImageImageImage

SovGames

#5 Post by SovGames »

Hey everyone. The head post has been updated a bit. Namely, links to our all-new official twitter account and RSS feed have been added.

KittyKatStar
Veteran

Re: Love, Money, Rock'n'Roll [Romance][Drama][Mystery][Eight

#6 Post by KittyKatStar »

This looks adorable!

The art is gorgeous but it doesn't look like it's from a 1980's setting...? I'm not sure how much art is done so far, but it appears very modern in fashion and design. Also early rock'n'roll happened in the 1940's/50's (late 50's in Japan), so maybe you were thinking of a different genre...? Sorry for the nitpick, I love 80's setting and look forward to seeing what you'll do with it since I haven't played a VN set in 1980's Japan. Good luck with the project! May it be glamorous and metal. \m/

SovGames

#7 Post by SovGames »

KittyKatStar wrote:This looks adorable!

The art is gorgeous but it doesn't look like it's from a 1980's setting...? I'm not sure how much art is done so far, but it appears very modern in fashion and design. Also early rock'n'roll happened in the 1940's/50's (late 50's in Japan), so maybe you were thinking of a different genre...? Sorry for the nitpick, I love 80's setting and look forward to seeing what you'll do with it since I haven't played a VN set in 1980's Japan. Good luck with the project! May it be glamorous and metal. \m/
Glad you like it :)
As for your questions:
1. We think that making our art style follow the vibe of 80s too closely would be an overkill. One should know where to draw the line. Additionally, everything you can see above is just concept-arts, not actual sprites or CG. The style may change in the future, though probably not drastically. If it so happens, I will do my best to keep everyone interested in our project informed.
2. The name of the game is a reference to the 70s song "Sex & Drugs & Rock & Roll". When saying "early" rock'n'roll, we mean not Elvis Presley and the like, but a period of time slightly earlier in the past, though still not present times, of course.

Kinjo
Veteran
Completed: When the Seacats Cry
Projects: Detective Butler
Organization: Goldbar Games
Tumblr: kinjo-goldbar
Deviantart: Kinjo-Goldbar
Github: GoldbarGames
itch: goldbargames

#8 Post by Kinjo »

Love the art style (they're all so cute sexy!) AND you're using Unity? I'm sold.

SovGames

#9 Post by SovGames »

It's been a month since the last blog post, time for a new one! There's some new info and new art, tell us what you think!
http://sovietgames.su/en/one-small-step/

Milkymalk
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Don't Look (AGS game)
Projects: KANPEKI! ★Perfect Play★
Organization: Crappy White Wings

#10 Post by Milkymalk »

I think you SHOULD follow the typical 80s style more closely because the 80s were actually, if anything, overkill. I grew up in them :-) At the very least you should avoid fashions that clearly emerged after the turn of the century. If you manage to bring about the look and feel of the 80s it would be very impressive. As it looks now, it's still great, but it's definitely not what I expect from a game advertised as being set in that decade.
Crappy White Wings (currently quite inactive)
Working on: KANPEKI!
(On Hold: New Eden, Imperial Sea, Pure Light)

Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: WtRF
Organization: Harmonic Dreams
IRC Nick: Rinima or Charlie
Deviantart: Emlindes

#11 Post by Rinima »

SovGames wrote:We think that making our art style follow the vibe of 80s too closely would be an overkill. One should know where to draw the line.
But that's a problem, cause you've drawn the line to far back. You can't tell it's even close to the 80's, and I wouldn't have realised if you hadn't have said.
Pronouns: They/them or He/him

SovGames

#12 Post by SovGames »

SovGames

#13 Post by SovGames »

Hello, everyone!
We would like to return to updating this topic regularly and keep folks here and Lemmasoft up-to-date with the situation with LMRnR.

In the time since our last post here, we have released a bunch of stuff, including an early alpha promo video, new art, and other news. You can find more information about how we've been doing by reading through our blog.

In the most recent of our updates thus far, we have talked about the situation with the alpha builds and the upcoming demo (it should be ready fairly soon!) and a thing very important for any game – the GUI.

We are also glad to show everyone a sample of our in-game menu:

And we would be extremely grateful for any kind of feedback. Please, tell us what you think!

More news, GUI, and other interesting stuff coming soon™!

Graff
Regular

#14 Post by Graff »

This looks very solid. I really love arsenix's background work!

eriberri

#15 Post by eriberri »

The art is cute and the game would otherwise show promise, but it's pretty disappointing to see that a game supposedly set in the 80s doesn't look the least bit 80s. What's the point of having the 80s as the setting if you're not going to embrace it in all it's weird extremism (and that most definitely means clothes and hair!)? that was the essence of the era, after all..