Fujiwara BitterSweet [GxB][School/Slice of life][16+]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Karamelow
Veteran
Projects: Fujiwara BitterSweet
Organization: Magic Bench/Karamelow

Re: FujiwaraHigh [GxB][School/Slice of life]

#91 Post by Karamelow »

Thank you! ~

Karamelow
Veteran

#92 Post by Karamelow »

Help. I have much more fun to draw like this. WHAT SHOULD I DO! Maybe forget all the previous things and restart like that?

Karamelow
Veteran

#93 Post by Karamelow »

Well, I think I know why I have this trouble to deciding the graphic style. Doesn't it simply because I have not finished writing the story yet? Can it be that I should focus on that and once all the script is written, it will guide me on the graphic style?
What do you think? Do some of you face the same problem as me with their projects?
Feel free to comment it, it will surely help me to see more clearly ^^

Alcor
Veteran
Completed: Lads in Distress (NaNo '16), misSHAPEn love! (NaNo '16)
Projects: a(t)rium
itch: cosmic-albacore

#94 Post by Alcor »

MelowBee wrote:Well, I think I know why I have this trouble to deciding the graphic style. Doesn't it simply because I have not finished writing the story yet? Can it be that I should focus on that and once all the script is written, it will guide me on the graphic style?
What do you think? Do some of you face the same problem as me with their projects?
Feel free to comment it, it will surely help me to see more clearly ^^
Hmmm, that might be a factor. I have also had this problem in the past--if I haven't committed to actually writing a project, I end up redoing the art (mostly character sprites) and then eventually shelving the project.

I would recommend finishing the script before you take a look at your graphics again. If you're fine with the graphics that you made already, I would say to just stick with it and keep moving forward! Good luck.

(Both graphic styles looks great, by the way :D)

Karamelow
Veteran

#95 Post by Karamelow »

Thank you ALCOR, I will consider your comment!
It's true that for now I'm not really okay and confident with all of my sketches and tests, I think maybe it's better If I write the entire script before understand the final mood of the story and then, retry to do graphics ^^

Karamelow
Veteran

#96 Post by Karamelow »

Hello there!
Well... This is not really an update, I just wanted to know... Could a kind admin or moderator please delete the whole topic?
This one is pretty chaos and the vn itself is not really called "Fujiwara High" either anymore. Plus I have new and definitive art style for the project and wanted to do a new proper topic for this.
If this isn't possible to delete the topic, then am I allowed to create another one anyway?

In any case, thank you in advance and sorry for the bother! x)

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#97 Post by Taleweaver »

Karamelow wrote:Could a kind admin or moderator please delete the whole topic?
No. We don't do that.
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

Karamelow
Veteran

#98 Post by Karamelow »

Finally updated this topic. It's really messy so please don't mind the previous posts ^^"
Here's the updates, don't hesitate if you have questions or comments or anything else!

Hello everybody!
First, I want to thank you for taking the time to watch this topic.
"Fujiwara Highschool Festival" (or FujiFest) is a small vn created for Nanoreno 2015 and old version of the current "Fujiwara BitterSweet", which you can download
here.
Indeed, I decided to open a new topic to give you a prettier remake and subsequently make a bigger version of it with more detailed routes and graphics.
If you have any questions or remarks, please don't hesitate! :)

In "Fujiwara BitterSweet",You play as Aya, a 15yrs/o girl who just moved to a new little town, near the mountains and begins hes new life as a highschool freshman.
Just a simple heartwarming (or heartbreaking) slice of life where you follow her life and meet some new people.
[The vn will be free, for Windows. The theme is GxB/Slice of life/ friendship/drama/japanese modern school. Warning though, it's a 16+ visual novel which might contains death topic, swearing, drugs and sexual content]

Here is a preview of the prologue, it's a Work in Progress so some things might change in the final project ~
°ART, GUI, STORY & CODE by Karamelow (MelowBee)
https://twitter.com/MelowBee

°Original Soundtrack by Alyx
https://twitter.com/tyberalyx

°Proofreading by Alstor

*Special thanks to Potouto, Kimo and Bleson (^ v^)/*
Right now the whole story isn't done, only Yuta and Ikki routes are about ~45% written, mostly due to my sprite commissions work which is taking me time x) I should be more active on the project by September 2017 ~
However, the music for the whole game is almost entierely done (remains the characters themes and few aditional songs), big thanks to Alyx's awesome work! Don't hesitate to take a look at the composer page! ;)
For the graphics and code, all the main charas and most of the sub charas are done and I need to figure out how I can code extras when the routes are cleared.
That's all for now! (>__<)

1. Overall, what do you think of the Prologue preview? Even if we see only briefly the characters, does that make you want to know more about them?

2. Based on the Prologue and the characters profiles, do you already have a preference/a characters route that you want to play first? If yes, which one and why?

3. If you have any other questions or feedback, please feel free a to ask/comment! (^ v ^)

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: Fujiwara BitterSweet [GxB][School/Slice of life][16+]

#99 Post by Zelan »

I haven't played the prologue, but I really like Ryu. He seems like a sweetheart. c: Plus pink hair is just rad.

Karamelow
Veteran

#100 Post by Karamelow »

Thank you for your comment and don't worry about not playing the prologue, I just released a video this video. There isn't any playable version right now x)
Also, Ryu seems to be rather appreciated by several people, even if we didn't really see a lot of things about him. My personal top 3 among the characters routes are Toshio 1st place, Ikki 2nd place and Ryu in 3rd place (^ v ^) I really hope I will be able to properly write their stories and can't wait to draw their CGs as well! xD

Karamelow
Veteran

#101 Post by Karamelow »

Hello everybody!
It's been a little while since the last update there, so here we go! (^ v ^)

I finally finished to write the first part of Ikki story and his bad end, yaaaaaay! Thanks to my super effective proofreader, the work is going well and smoothy!
Today I'm focusing on drawing some graphics (GUI, sub charas) and coding Yuta' story, and I'll start writing his bad end tomorrow ^^
The bad ends aren't really too long to write since it's only between 10 and 15 pages (at least for Ikki, and I think it will be the same for Yuta), so I will soon focus on both Ikki and Yuta good end!
For now I can't really tell you when I will be able to entierely finish their stories, but I hope it will ends before December (month which I planned to take sprites and CGs commission again for other people).

Meanwhile, here is one of Ikki chibi CGs and a preview of the GUI for the routes choice (that I hope I will be able to code).
Can you guess which item is for which route? (^ o^)/

ImageImage

Karamelow
Veteran

#102 Post by Karamelow »

Still slowly working on the project. I thought I would finish it until March/April 2018, buuuuuuuuut I guess not... (>____>)
*note for myself again : Stop thinking about any release date. Really.*
I overestimated my capacity to work both on the story/programming and all the graphics by myself xD
Anyway, HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Karamelow
Veteran

#103 Post by Karamelow »

The project isn't dead, nope! I just made a lot of change in the graphics and had some issues here and there, but now all is okay!

First, I want to talk about the graphics redesign. You might have saw that I was really struggling with how to choose the "good" graphics and it was mostly due to the fact I was even more struggling with the backgrounds part. After a lot of thoughts and doubt I finally told myself "Oh well, just do the backgrounds as you can do and then, draw the sprites to fit your backgrounds!" and it's what I did.

So, here... the sprites new look! Cute and simple, to matches the simplistic backgrounds ~

How do you like them?

There's even a trailer (thank you again, WhiteCharisma) ~

>> And you can download the demo here *if you want* <<

The project itself is slowly but surely progressing and I think I'm about 76% done with the story. Almost done writing Kenji's route, then will come Ryu's and the final proofreading/editing, whoohoo! Thanks again to my life savior editor <3
I still have some graphics to do, though, like all the CGs/the GUI/the remaining sprites for the side characters, try to code all that aaaaand still don't have any date for the release, but we're almost there. I think -no promises, but I hope!- that it might be released for Spring 2020 ~

In the meanwhile, if you are curious, I regularly post on my Patreon and on my personal twitter account, but starting today, I'll switch on the project's twitter for more updates, so don't hesitate to take a look time to time (^ v ^)

Oh, I have a Discord too, you can access it via the itch.io or Patreon page! Come on, come on, there's nice people here and you're more than welcome to join the party <3

*Aaaaand I think I'm done with the updates for now, see you later for more news*

Karamelow
Veteran

#104 Post by Karamelow »

[copy/paste from my Patreon page latest update]
*~Update November 2019~*
Time is flying so fast these days and we are already almost at the end of November?!

As some of you might already know, I'm done writing Kenji's route which means 5 to 6 routes are done! Woah! ★
His flustered moments were cute to write, and I'm sure Giazg (my awesome editor) will bring the best of him during the proofreading/editing part!

But all that means... It just remains me to write Ryu and I'll be done with the writing! Yaaay!
Of course, after that, it will still remains me to draw the final graphics and wait for Giazg to edit all the routes and I'll be able to put it on the code asap ~
I still don't have any release date, so please bear with it a bit longer (> O <)

As for other news, I finally decided that I will not be the lead writer for the next project. I asked someone else to do it instead because her writing style is waaaaay more advanced and pretty than mine, but also because she is someone I trust and know that she will do a great work on bringing life to the characters and their stories ❤
I also contacted a talented artist to draw sketches/concept for the characters costumes and I also can't wait to see her work ~

I think that's all? I decided to make all the updates on Patreon public and just finish this update to say that I refreshed the project's tumblr (the news here will be pretty much the same than the tumblr ones and Patreon), so here's the link, if you're curious.
Don't hesitate to Ask Me Anything!

❀ See you next time ❀

Karamelow
Veteran

#105 Post by Karamelow »

Aaaaah I always forget to update things on Lemmasoft as well (> O <)
*~Update February2020~*[copy/paste from my Patreon]

It's already February 26th and I feel like it's been ages I haven't wrote down news although it was only last month xD I have both a lot to say and... not so much, in fact...

The writing is done for a while now and I searched for some additional proofreaders to split the work between them. Seems the project isn't a small one, like I first thought (> o <)
Talking about the proofreading, Toshio's route is fully edited, while Ikki, Ryu and Haru are in progress. Kenji will be next once the person in charge of Ryu is done, and Yuta... his state is still uncertain... (hang in there Yuta!).

As for adding the ressources in Renpy (sprites, background, music, etc), I'm done with Ikki's Main route, which is beta-tested right now, and I'll be done soon with Toshio's Main route. It shouldn't take me too long to finish adding his Friend and Sweet routes on Renpy, and he will be most probably be followed by either Haru or Ryu next~

The graphics are all done too, beside the CGs that I'm drawing with the flow O/

In conclusion... the project is making really good progress so far and I hope I'll be able to release it in April (still no promises, but it would be really cool !)

-----

I think that's all for now, I'm really excited to think that Fujiwara Bittersweet will might be done sooner than I thought (crossing fingers for April) and to see/hear people reactions and feedback about the characters and their stories! ❤

★Take care and see you later ★