Misfits (GXB Fantasy Otome)

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
WizzyGameMaster
Regular
Projects: Misfits. Summon!
Deviantart: WizzyGameMaster

Misfits (GXB Fantasy Otome)

#1 Post by WizzyGameMaster »

Intro
Life never makes it easy to be yourself. Others may say how important it is, but they are still the ones who make it hard. Merlin knows this better than most. But despite everything, she sticks true to who she is. Can she help encourage her new friends to embrace who they really are? Or will she lose herself in the process?
Help Merlin to show a shy Incubus, a lonely Ghost, an impulsive Angel, a playful Werewolf, a tsundere Demon and her best friend to see that it's alright to be different and that there's nothing wrong with being yourself... even if it means that you're a "Misfit."

Characters:
Merlin
Merlin is our lovely little main character. Her hatred of Vampires makes her friendship with Seth even more surprising than the fact that she even has a friend at all.

Seth
Seth may look and seem normal enough, but this little Vampire-obsessed fellow has a personality that is anything but normal. Having been friends with our little Merlin since a young age, the two are quite close and Seth often picks on her in a playful, brotherly sort of way.

Blake
This Demon definitely fits the Demon stereotype, at least, he does on the outside. Deep down, he may not be quite as cold and heartless as he lets everyone think. Who knows, maybe he'll be the most softhearted of all.

Leo
This cheerful fellow is one of those kind of people that often seem "too cheerful." But inside is different and if you ever see that side, you may find yourself in some serious trouble. Ironically, Leo and Blake are fairly close friends. Maybe not like Vincent and Ian or even Merlin and Seth, but they're close in their own way.

Ian
This shy guy is a real sweet one. While he is fairly awkward in social situations (especially when it's with girls), he is much less so when he's with his family or Vincent. This seems perfectly normal; if you are human.

Vincent
This guy is a video game loving Angel who isn't afraid to go for what he wants, even if what he wants doesn't want him. He's impulsive and not afraid to say every little thing that comes into his head, whether it's good or bad.
Ian is a fairly close friend of his and the two are rarely seen without the other. If you do see them alone, the other is usually not far away.

Shapeshifter
The mysterious person who visits from time to time, appearing in many forms and offering advice to our little Merlin. No one knows just who he really is or what he looks like. In Merlin's encounters with him, will he ever reveal himself? Or will he remain a mystery for all eternity?

Zero
Zero is someone from Merlin's past, though she doesn't remember. Of all Merlin's new friends, Zero is the only one with a normal personality. This boy has no secrets, except the circumstances regarding his death. Why is he hiding it? And how is he connected to Merlin?

Screenshots
Main menu background (may undergo some modifications once the character artwork is complete)
Main menu background (may undergo some modifications once the character artwork is complete)
The textbox (with the background I am using as a placeholder until the others are finished)
The textbox (with the background I am using as a placeholder until the others are finished)
Other
Alright, so this is obviously not finished and currently does not have any artwork besides the backgrounds for the main menu and game menu, and the textbox. Currently all the other artwork is just a placeholder and will be replaced as soon as I am able to do so.
But aside from that, the script is coming along quite well.

As of right now, we have:
6 different routes, plus one hidden route
At least 17 different endings
0 CGs
0 Completed Character Sprites
10+ Adorable or Funny side characters

By the way,if anyone is interested in assisting with the artwork,I am still looking for someone.

Anyway, what I'd like to know is:
1. What do you think of these characters so far?
2. Personally, I'm very fond of Merlin as a girl name. But what are your thoughts? Should I change the main character's name? If so, what do you think it should be?
3. Does this sound like something you would play? (Really should have made that the first question.)
Anyway, don't be afraid to be harsh! And feel free to ask any questions you like!

Also, what do you think of a demo version of this game? As I still do not have an artist, at this point it seems like the only way a demo can be released is with no artwork at all or with the artwork that I'm currently using as a placeholder. This placeholder artwork is just a few random sprites and pictures that I'd found awhile ago and edited very quickly. (And by quick, I mean about an hour or less.) So what do you guys think?
Last edited by WizzyGameMaster on Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:57 am, edited 3 times in total.

MegaElla
Regular

Re: Misfits (GXB Fantasy Otome)

#2 Post by MegaElla »

Already love it and answering some questions.

1. I liked Zero and Blake the most, *gonna get Blake's rute first*. But Merlin seems pretty interesting and her personality is very like mine so makes me love her.

2. Please don't, I love great Once Upon a Time and next season Merlin is coming to save tha day so I'll be with stars in my eyes when I read her name (?)

3. Duh...

My questions for you:

1. Are you gonna release a demo?
2. When are you planning to release it?

That's all but I'll be waiting for the game

WizzyGameMaster
Regular

#3 Post by WizzyGameMaster »

MegaElla wrote:My questions for you:

1. Are you gonna release a demo?
2. When are you planning to release it?
Glad to hear that you're interested.
Zero's and our hidden routes are actually my favorites so far. Though I do have to say Ian's is probably the funniest.

Anyway, as for your questions
1. I have not decided whether or not to release a demo. It mainly depends on if I can get someone to do the artwork before I can get all of the scripting completed. I could do a demo using the images that are serving as placeholders, but from my experiences, really bad artwork usually ruins a game for me.
2. I would like to say that I plan to release it a few months from now, but with it it only being me working on this, it could possibly take a long time. If I end up having to do the artwork myself, it will definitely take longer since I'd be drawing everything by hand and I'm really not good with human faces.

WizzyGameMaster
Regular

#4 Post by WizzyGameMaster »

Alright, so progress has been pretty slow lately. But I've been a bit busy taking care of other things. Mainly that has been getting caught up on my writing over on Quotev.
But I'm still making some progress. At this point, I'm hoping to at least have the prologue (everything up until you choose the guy you want) finished before the end of the year.

Also, want to mention that I am still looking for someone who's interested in doing the artwork. If I have to do it myself, that's ok, but it will be pretty terrible. I'm good at drawing, though people give me a really hard time when I attempt them. So, anyone who's interested in either doing the sprites, backgrounds or CGs, let me know.

Anyway, what do you think of a demo version of this game? As I still do not have an artist, at this point it seems like the only way a demo can be released is with no artwork at all or with the artwork that I'm currently using as a placeholder. This placeholder artwork is just a few random sprites and pictures that I'd found awhile ago and edited very quickly. (And by quick, I mean about an hour or less.) So what do you guys think?