Hocus Pocus Prince [Otome][Commercial] - 1st DEMO/CONTEST!

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
dchrywlf
Tumblr: lowellfamilyprecepts

Re: Hocus Pocus Prince [Otome][Commercial] - 1st DEMO/CONTES

#46 Post by dchrywlf »

I've recently finished playing the demo, it seems like it holds a lot of promise.

1. Do you prefer to play on PC or mobile?
I personally prefer PC? I do enjoy mobile otome games though so if you were to release it on mobile with each route separate I could handle that.

2. How much do you usually pay for visual novels or otome games (if at all)?
PC - If it's an indie game, I personally do not pay anymore than $15-$20! If it's a game by say like - idea factory, mangagamer - places that manufacture hardcopies and/or license games, then I pay more.
Mobile - 3.99 a route is the MOST i've paid mobile wise. Typically 2.99 a route is standard.

3. Would you rather buy character routes separately, or have them all in one game?
PC- If it's on PC, I'd rather it came in all one game.
Mobile- Either way is fine, I'm use to character routes being separate on mobile, so it wouldn't be anything to cry over.

4. Would you like the option to buy long routes in cheaper parts (all parts would be released at the same time)?
PC/Mobile- Mm... I personally would be put off from buying it at all if done that way. Why not just charge for the whole route and have the buyers download link be in parts if need be? (I'm not sure how that would work either)

If you played the demo, let us know what you thought. Some optional questions to you get started:

5. What did you like about the demo?
The heroine, mostly. She seems clumsy and I like that she likes horror movies (I can relate!) I also just like the idea of these guys transforming into things where the only person who will most likely be able to notice them is the heroine (I'm guessing anyways?)

6. What did you dislike or think could be improved? Did you find any bugs or typos?
You mean other than the cockroach?? (haha) I don't think I noticed anything particularly wrong with the game. :)

7. Which of the three character routes would you be interested in purchasing?
As of right now, Vincent. Him liking scary movies too as well as his secret past with Violet have me piqued. I can see them bonding really well once they get to know one and other.

8. Any other expectations or wishes for the full game?
Well, something I don't see very often in indie VNs that I always wish to see is really intriguing bad ends. But for HPP personally I only expect to see some good bonding moments between Violet and whichever route :D

- Eris
Regular

#47 Post by - Eris »

HOW COULD YOU END THE DEMO AT THAT MOMENT?!!!
Okay, sorry about that xD but yeah, I still can't believe it ended there, like... but well, it's a demo so it's okay, that's the way it has to be xD
Since I really don't buy games, not 'cause I don't wanna but because I really don't have money and I don't like to ask my mom for it (I must find a job soon D:) I only play free games, so I won't answer those questions (how much I would pay for a route and so on) 'cause I wouldn't find it fair to you, sorry >< I'll still answer some 'cause I played the demo and really liked it ^^

Do you prefer to play on PC or mobile?
PC, the screen is bigger and I don't have to be holding it while I play, when I play mobile games for a long time... well, lately it happens even if I play just a litte bit, my hand starts to go numb and it hurts, so I prefere PC games or PC versions of mobile games.

What did you like about the demo?
EVERYTHING!!!!! The quality was awesome, the art is simply GORGEOUS, the CG's reminded me of 'Amour Sucre' a little bit, the sound effects also were a plus, I love the fact that Lucifer actually talks hahaha (btw he's sooooooo cute ><).
The whole plot of the game is really interesting and I like how I'm able to read the story and think 'Wow, this character has so many things I can relate to', really, 'Violet' and I are the same exact person, I love horror movies, zombies, ghosts, everything that has to be with darkness and rituals and all that, and I'm also super shy, I can't speak properly in front of people, I can't approach them in a natural way without feeling extremely nervous and thinking I'm going to screw up everything, so I love it, I totally love it (and just like her, I'm not a creep even if I like that stuff, I'm a sweetheart xD).

What did you dislike or think could be improved? Did you find any bugs or typos?
Ace.
Just kidding lol... not but yes, I hate him, really hate him, if I ever get the opportunity to buy the game, I'll never choose his route, he won my deepest hate through the demo, don't like him, nope, just no, go away, someone blurry his face please (ok I think I went a little bit overboard, sorry xD)
I didn't find bugs, it frozed a couple times but it might be 'cause my PC is old (6 years lol) and I found... 1 typo erro? In one of Ace's dialogue but now I don't remember what word was, but I think it was only that one...
I really liked it the way it is but... hmmm... idk if it's an improvement and it really depends on how you already imagined the game to be, but I really like when VN have a lot of choosing moments, I'm a chooser person (? if that even exist lol but it's like I said, that depends on the whole idea you have for the game, but I wanted to share it with you so... you can save it for another project, maybe? ^^

Which of the three character routes would you be interested in purchasing?
If I could, it will be Orion, I like him the best, out of the 3 he was the one who treated Violet in the best way, so it would be Orion.

Any other expectations or wishes for the full game?
That I can find a job soon so I can save money to buy it or that you release it for free a couple of years before the success that it will be, like a special event or something lol
No but seriously, the demo was great and I imagine that the full game will be even better, so I don't know what more to expect, I wish you great success on your release, 'cause you can tell all the hard work that has made it possible to create such a beautiful game with beautiful art, good luck!!!

oasis-plus
Projects: Waxwing, Hocus Pocus Prince
Tumblr: hp-prince

#48 Post by oasis-plus »

Dchrywlf - Thank you very much for providing us with some of your feedback. We're glad that you could relate to characters that are into the spooky stuff. Don't worry, there will be plenty of bad ends added as well!

Eris - Thank you for the feedback! We hope that Ace would warm up to you as the story goes along. He might not be as bad as he seems from the demo. There will be more choosing moments, such as a mini detective game that is later added in the routes.

oasis-plus
Projects: Waxwing, Hocus Pocus Prince
Tumblr: hp-prince

#49 Post by oasis-plus »

Late announcement on lemma but the contest result for ace is out! the contest result for ace is out!. Thanks again to everyone who participated.
Ace’s cursed form will be an otaku.

As all 3 characters transformation has been revealed, we would like to reveal the PV for Hocus Pocus Prince!
Please check it out as it comes with the original opening song voice casted!

Please take note that the voice are only for the opening.
The actual game does not include voice casting but we do have plans to make the game partly voiced (if possible fully voiced).

PRationality
Tumblr: PRationality

#50 Post by PRationality »

How exciting! And ha sorry Ace I wish I could be more upset...

I love that Vincent is telling zombie-ghoul MC he likes it best when she smiles...

sakurakimuchi
Regular

#51 Post by sakurakimuchi »

The art for this game is lovely! Loved the plot and I really liked the main character! It's good to see player characters with personality. But OMGOMG my favorite right now is Orion without a doubt! He is handsome as hell, and I really like the mysterious types, that's what I usually go for in otome games.

PC, no doubt. I don't like to play otome games on my phone.
For Questions 2-4, please state if you are answering regarding PC or mobile games (or both).
Well, I usually try to stick with the free ones because I'm a broke college student so unfortunately I don't have much (or any at all) to pay for these games, but when purchasing games I usually buy what I can afford, which is not much, sadly ;a;
But I guess anything under $20 is fine with me, over that is just tooo expensive.
3. Would you rather buy character routes separately, or have them all in one game?
I don't wanna sound rude, so I apologize for that, but I honestly hate this separate character routes thing. I avoid games with that like the plague, so yeah, I like the old method of having all of them in one game.
4. Would you like the option to buy long routes in cheaper parts (all parts would be released at the same time)?
Not really, since I don't like separate parts/routes at all.

I haven't played the demo yet, but I will soon, so when I finish that I'll come back here to talk about it.

crystalscm
Regular
Completed: Suiyue
Projects: Scales of Fate
itch: tsukimii

#52 Post by crystalscm »

Normally, I play on PC (Windows), but the only reason why I haven't been playing on my mobile device is because there are no games that I'm interested in that is available for iOS users. So, both are equally preferable to me.

Usually, I play visual novels that give out the application for free, but charges money for each character path. For those, the most I've ever paid was $4.99 for 15 chapters (~20 minutes/chapter), 8-9 CGs, and 3 endings. Then I've paid mostly $3.99 for 13 chapters (~10 minutes/chapter), 5 CGs, and 2 endings (sometimes 3). However, there was one time where I paid $20.99 for a otome game.

I prefer separately. I don't like paying money for things that I don't want (note that I don't mean to sound blunt, but I don't have a lot of money in the first place, so I need to be careful on how I spend it)

No, not really.

I haven't played the demo yet, so I can't answer the last set of questions you have there. I usually don't do demos for commercial games; I usually do beta testing. Also, another thing I do is I donate to you in exchange for a pre-released version of the game (the latter is not often used though)

philip
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Hocus Pocus Prince [Otome][Commercial] - 1st DEMO/CONTEST!

#53 Post by philip »

Unless I've missed something, it's been over two years since OP has posted any progress. Can I assume that this is another effort that has died on the vine? If so, too bad, it looked really promising.

philip
"One who has never made a mistake has never attempted anything!"
-
and
-
"Finish what you start"