Wings of Justice [Detective] Cancelled

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
P_Nova
Regular
Projects: Wings of Justice
Organization: BunnyPudding&Co.
Tumblr: bunnypuddingandco

Wings of Justice [Detective] Cancelled

#1 Post by P_Nova »

The Kickstarter campaign has begun!!!!
Support us!

Hello everyone ! We're glad to present to you our game "Wings of Justice" !
Character design by YuukiCrossPudding !
Background design by Hiko27
Musics by Christoper Carlone
Translation by Fantaminette
Story writting by X-NL ! Programming by myself !

Length : 2-3 hours by episodes.
Language : French/English
Our Tumblr
New gameplay demo!!
Demo testing topic
Follow us on our twitter !
Opinion poll updated !
" Paper Tych is known as "The Bloodhound of Lady Justice". Various rumors say that, during his investigations, he can trigger disastrous events upon the criminals he is looking in order to punish them for their crimes. However, when the young lieutenant Dice Divina teamed up with the police commander Tych to investigate about the Bloodhound, he just find out a lazy, carefree superior who is relying a little bit too much on her subordinate the captain Charly Invidia.
He soon discovers the true nature of his superior and has yet to determine if he has to put an end to his illegal doings or help him as a teammate in order to render criminals harmless."
Your subordinates will give you their advices and opinions on the case. Choose which approach you wanna favor in order to solve the crime, changing the way the investigation will end... (legally or bloodily!)

Commander Paper Tych. Male, 30.

Considered as a promising genius at the beginning of his career, Tych is now a carefree police officer managing a little team of detectives. He prefers let his subordinates do all the works and not implying himself in the process. He is the last member of a famous elite police squad called the "Wings of Justice". But strange stories surrounds their tragic endings. Some rumors say that Tych, also know as the Bloodhound, may be the cause of the fall of the Wings.

Captain Charly Invidia. Female, 26.

Young officer with an impressive number of case solved on her records despite her short time of service. Since her priority has always been catching criminals, she could afford reaching her captain rank in a couple of years. However, she is also known to be a rude officer with peculiar methods of investigation. Many were wondering by her choice of teaming up with the lazy commander Tych.

Lieutenant Dice Divina. Male, 24.

Last child of a famous lineage of judges and attorneys, Dice broke the family tradition by becoming a police officer. Because he choose to be more close to the victims than a judge or an attorney, he is violently rejected by his older sister, who blames his lack of ambition. He regretfully left the Divina's Mansion to enroll in the police force. But years after being shunned by his family, his sister contacts him back just before he has to apply for his first post as a lieutenant. She asks him to investigate the doing of the infamous "Bloodhound of Lady Justice", also known as the commander Paper Tych, and gather evidences in order to judge him for his illegal doings.
X'nl, the writer, explained us that he was willing to create a VN like a television series, in which you could add an endless number of episode or seasons if the success was here with the option of closing the story in the contrary.
We found the concept interesting and tag along with his choice of detective theme. Clipping a novel by episodes and creating a new case with new characters and mystery to discover, with the feel that the plot could renew itself each time. We thought it could be very exciting for the gamer but we also thought that we need to create something that offers more than a police themed television series ! That's why with the author we came to the conclusion that we must absolutely use the specificity of the visual novel, the multiple endings and the interactivity.
Our goal as game creator it to offer the possibility to pass judgement on the main character Tych, who is a policeman with a long history. You can side with Dice to push him out of his limit and reveal the BloodHound or go along with Charly and prevent Dice from catching him. In the middle of that, you still have cases to solve, people to help, bad guys to catch, dilemma to go through !
Currently we are prospecting the potential of such project. Does the VN community want to play such thing ? Can we create something entertaining for them ?
That's the answer we are looking by launching the first season of Wings of Justice !
Please do not hesitate to give your opinion on the project and to get enthusiastic about the art !
Our artists LOVE when you get enthusiastic about their works, please support them ! ^^

>>>Opinion Poll<<<
1. Does this presentation seem clear to you ? What do you think we can add to it or improve ?
2. Do you like the character design ?
3. Do you find the plot interesting ? Are you in detective thing ? Do you want a BxB story into it ?
About the demo release:
4. Do you like the font we chose ? Is it clear, plain, fitting or cool ?
5. Would you change something about the text box ?
6. Yeah... Jazz music... Got a problem about that ????
Feel free to comment and ask for more informations!
Capture1.PNG
Last edited by P_Nova on Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:17 pm, edited 25 times in total.
(>^^)> If you have tried our game, please, leave us a little comment. <(^^<)

(>^^)> !!! We are still amateur, help us to grow big and professionnal !!! <(^^<)

Test our demo !

Katy133
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Eight Sweets, The Heart of Tales, [redacted] Life, Must Love Jaws, A Tune at the End of the World, Three Guys That Paint, The Journey of Ignorance, Portal 2.5.
Projects: The Butler Detective
Tumblr: katy-133
Deviantart: Katy133
Soundcloud: Katy133
itch: katy133

Re: Wings of Justice [Detective]

#2 Post by Katy133 »

The images look really well done. I like the GUI! I'll be keeping an eye of this!
ImageImage

My Website, which lists my visual novels.
Become a patron on my Patreon!

P_Nova
Regular

#3 Post by P_Nova »

Thank you Katy !

I put a lot of efforts in this GUI. It has a lot of cool functionalities that will help you solve the case ! At any moment you can open the files, look at the reports, pick up your tablet and many other things ! I tried to keep it clear and functionnal and preserve that scrapbook feel like is saying my artist !

Yuuki did a wonderfull job on the character too ! Do not hesitate to leave a message for her on his deviant art or on her dedicated topic !

I'm still working on a gameplay demo in which you could fully interact with the GUI and all the little animations ! It's just a matter of days !

I changed the presentation page a little !

"Cast", "Recruitement" and "Screenshot" section has been filled !
"Opinion Poll" and "Goal and will" section has beed added !

Please check them and feel free to give your thoughs on the project !

(>^^)> !!! We are still amateur, help us to grow big and professionnal !!! <(^^<)

Test our demo !

Kinjo
Veteran
Completed: When the Seacats Cry
Projects: Detective Butler
Organization: Goldbar Games
Tumblr: kinjo-goldbar
Deviantart: Kinjo-Goldbar
Github: GoldbarGames
itch: goldbargames

#4 Post by Kinjo »

1/Does this presentation seem clear to you ? What do you think we can add to it or improve ?
2/Do you like the character design ?
3/Do you find the plot interesting ? Are you in detective thing ? Do you want a BxB story into it ???
1. Yes. I think episodes are the best way to go for mystery stories. I'm interested to see how you decide to integrate gameplay with the story, but the demo will probably answer all that.
2. Yeah, the art looks good. At a glance, Paper Tych reminds me of my own Detective Butler and Dice Divina reminds me of Gilligan.
3. I'm a fan of detective stories so I'll look forward to reading / solving this. I don't have any interest in BxB though.

Good luck!

P_Nova
Regular

#5 Post by P_Nova »

Hey Kinjo ! Thx for the reply !

I'll be sure to check Detective Butler but indeed there are similarities between the characters you mentionned and in our projects !

(I swear it's the first time i heard of detective butler >_<!)

How did we end with the same archetypes of detectives ? I guess we should question our artists XD

P.

Test our demo !

P_Nova
Regular

#6 Post by P_Nova »

Demo is UP ! RELEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASED !!!! Finaly !

Well, it's just an alpha demo with a lot of "borrowed art" but the BunnyPudding anc Co. are lookking actively for help about the Bg, the BGM, proofreading and the kickstarter campaign...

Wow ! Never though that making a Vn would imply things like opening a tumblr or an Itch account. I really underestimated the "promoting" side but I think it's vital for the devs to get visibility somehow and feedback about what they are doing... You know it's like a paint that no one will ever know or a story that will never be read... Sad ! ^^,

Building up a team is a lot of work too... >_< But it's really fun at the same time ! We just got a name for the team and a logo.

Uwah ! I still have to think about the kickstarter thing and works for the core programation keep piling on my desk T-T
(>^^)> If you have tried the game, please, it's important for us to know if we are going the good way. <(^^<)

(>^^)> !!! We are still amateur help us to grow big and professionnal !!! <(^^<)
Our testing demo topic !
Anyway demo is here ! Tumblr page is up ! Opinion poll has new questions ! Enjoy the game !

BunnyBunny, CEO of BunnyPudding and co. (^^)
Attachments
New textbox
New textbox
Temporary Main menu
Temporary Main menu

Test our demo !

P_Nova
Regular

Re: Wings of Justice [Detective] Alpha demo out !

#7 Post by P_Nova »

A little update to say we are still working actively on the game !

A gameplay demo is almost ready for a release. We only need a sprite to be done.

Hector is the victim of the first case ! It's only a preliminary sketch but he looks cool, uh ? I didn't expect my artist to make him so cool >_<

I also worked on a banner... Simple but hopefully it looks good for you ! Maybe I have to make it more sophisticated ? I used a close-up of Tych since he doesn't really have screentime on the game. It's a shame I can't use his sprite more... T-T

We found a proofreader for english. Still looking for Background artist and a compositor in jazz style music.
I've started studying our Kickstarter campaign's plan... Hum, any advice guys ? ^^,

PS:twitter account up !
Attachments
Tych
Tych
bar_tych.png (20.92 KiB) Viewed 4508 times
Hector
Hector

Test our demo !

linka08
Tumblr: rikalinka
Deviantart: linka08

#8 Post by linka08 »

Hey, I just played the demo and my opinion is the game is wonderful especially the transitions. Those are very smooth!
I like the concept and waiting for the full version :'D
Dice is hot
btw,
1. I think the presentation seems clear enough :D
2. I really like the character design!
3. So far the alpha demo didn't show any major plot, so the plot didn't interest me that much, but I'll be waiting for the demo to be released as I think it'll be interesting in the future! and BxB will be nice ;)
About the demo release:
4. I think the demo and the others are okay. They fit nicely
5. Maybe the margin of the text to the box? But it's not really a big problem
6. jazz, please! :D

good luck! :)

P_Nova
Regular

#9 Post by P_Nova »

Thx for the review ! I was getting desesperate ! T-T

I realize now that the game miss a "hook", or something to catch the player attention !
We will be working on it ^^

BunnyBunny !

About the spoiler tag... I know a girl that really took pleasure to draw it XDDD

Test our demo !

Jason
Regular
Completed: Sierra Ops Episode 1 and 2, Rising Angels: Reborn (Some CGs)
Projects: Sierra Ops, Muv-Luv Kickstarter
Organization: Innomen Team

#10 Post by Jason »

I've played the game, and it has lots of potential in it.
I like how you try to polish everything in every step of the way.
The tutorial is well done, I'm definitely looking forward for the actual investigation/case!
Innomen Team Presents: Sierra Ops

We're a very small team of developers from all over the world, with most of the founding members in Philippines.

P_Nova
Regular

#11 Post by P_Nova »

Jason wrote:I've played the game, and it has lots of potential in it.
I like how you try to polish everything in every step of the way.
The tutorial is well done, I'm definitely looking forward for the actual investigation/case!
Thx Jason !! We try our best at our scale, however we are mostly amateur ! Comments really help us to get confident push us to give our best !

Hey guys ! Our itch.io page reached his first 100 views !! Yipiie !! XD
A lot of thing happened since the first post on LSF !
We found a BG artist, a compositor and even a translator ! Thanks for all the other people who applied !

Our new members:

Background design by Hiko27
Musics by Christoper Carlone
Translation by Fantaminette

We really hope to show their first works on Woj very soon.
We are still working hard !
A new translation has been done, and has replaced the old one.
We have a formidable sprite from YuukiCrossPudding !
"Hector" ! IS he a "criminal" or a "victim" ? I'm afraid my artist make him too good-looking for being a bad guy XD

And I have published an article about "Pre-production" for the newcomer ! It's from my personal feedback and work on WoJ.

The BunnyPudding & Co is currently working on a gameplay demo ! We hope we will be able to release that new demo in 7 days from now ! Please support us ! Leave a little comment, your feedback or words of encouragement and it will boost us for sure !
Attachments
WIP Hector !
WIP Hector !

Test our demo !

Hoosha
Regular

#12 Post by Hoosha »

^^ The answer to all your questions..is YES!

P_Nova
Regular

#13 Post by P_Nova »

Hey guys !

I've just finished the gameplay demo !

http://bunnypuddingandco.itch.io/wingsofjustice

In this demo, you'll have to do your first questionning and make your first choice. For the demo itself, the choice doesn't influence the ending but determines which clues you will get at the end of the questionning...

We have a new sprite, a new traduction, new dialogues, new gameplay, new songs, new main menu, new (cool)choice menu...
The team is working hard so the game is progressing very well !

Please try the demo; finish the interview of the victim and help me track down bugs and glitchs !

Thanks to everyone who has downloaded the game, consulted our itch page or followed our twitter ! It really gives us a big moral boost to finish polish the game !!

Last info, we are currently discussing for voice acting in the game...
Attachments
A choice menu
A choice menu
The new main menu, thx to Hiko27
The new main menu, thx to Hiko27
Hector New character
Hector New character

Test our demo !

P_Nova
Regular

#14 Post by P_Nova »

Hey guys !

A bug about the translation has been reported to us !
Half of the game would still be in french... Most of the problem should come from the new translation that would not have been applied...

Can you, guys, tell me if in your demo, your quick menu at the top of the screen is in french or in english?
In the first sentences, is is "Even roses will wither someday" or "Even roses wil wilt someday" ?

You can check the good and the bad version in the thumbnails. Tell me which you got, please !

Thanks a lot!

P.S.: It should have been fixed now! Sorry for the trouble!
Attachments
Bad Version
Bad Version
Good Version
Good Version

Test our demo !

P_Nova
Regular

#15 Post by P_Nova »

Heya guys !

Just a little up to say we are going to try a kickstarter campaign very soon!

Here the first asset we will be using for that campaign!!
Attachments
presentation personnage Dice Divina.png
presentation personnage charly.png
presentation personnage Paper Tych.png

Test our demo !