MechaNoid [Sci-fi][Mystery][BxB?]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Saitoki1582
Regular
Completed: Fluff Hood's Adventure, The Halloween Night
Projects: Mechanoid

Re: MechaNoid [Sci-fi][Mystery][BxB?]

#16 Post by Saitoki1582 »

Finished Cody lineart:
I will try to get lineart for Ethan and various minor characters done and proceed to coloring soon. Most minor character will get waist up/ burst up sprite only. I try to make full body sprites for main characters for outfit direction to draw full body in CG, their profile and back story pages later.

Saitoki1582
Regular

#17 Post by Saitoki1582 »

Updated Ethan and Anna lineart:

Anna is my attempt at bishojo, which kind of failed...

Some comments on the characters would be much appreciated ^^

Saitoki1582
Regular

#18 Post by Saitoki1582 »

Finished Cody sprite:

He ended up looking better than I expected, kind of made me want to write a Cody route...

Reikun
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Mnemonic Devices, Ciikos Bridge, Helena's Flowers, The Madness
Projects: Fox in the Hollyhocks
Organization: skyharborr
itch: skyharborr

#19 Post by Reikun »

WOW!! You've made a lot of progress on your sprites in such a short amount of time!!! I love your line art and DAMN DAT COLORING (GREEN HAIR FTW). Cody's sprite looks so good!! You should be proud of your work so far! This game is going to look AWESOME!! :D

Anna looks cute! Can't wait to see her colored! Anna and Ava both look bishoujo to me so I think you're doing just fine xD

*CHEERS YOU ON* :mrgreen:
ImageImageImage

fastest way to contact me: DM @skyharborr on twitter

Saitoki1582
Regular

#20 Post by Saitoki1582 »

Reikun wrote:WOW!! You've made a lot of progress on your sprites in such a short amount of time!!! I love your line art and DAMN DAT COLORING (GREEN HAIR FTW). Cody's sprite looks so good!! You should be proud of your work so far! This game is going to look AWESOME!! :D
Thanks! I actually find my progress quite slow. I wanted to get a demo out in August, and to do it I need to make at least 4 more BGs, 4 GC, and I still didn't get to expression and pose variant for the sprites yet. The GUI is still a mess, and I still didn't know how to code extra screen like in-game phone and computer screen. Thankfully I didn't try to implement mini game, that would kill me.
Reikun wrote:Anna looks cute! Can't wait to see her colored! Anna and Ava both look bishoujo to me so I think you're doing just fine xD
Here you go:
I think her coloring was a bit sloppy...I may consider changer her hair and dress to light orange or something.
My definition of bishojo is the big-eyed, round face kind of bishojo xD. I have an image of elegant, mature woman for Ava.

Afer thinking long and hard, I decided to make transparent black for text box and keep everything else. Any thought?

And this time it's an actually in game scene, not place holder text. I was happy to have enough asset to see at least one scene come to life, it was sad to see a blank background everytime I test the script.

Saitoki1582
Regular

#21 Post by Saitoki1582 »

Finished Ethan and Ava:

There are still some more minor characters, but I will focus on BG and cg for now.

Azure_Flute
Regular

#22 Post by Azure_Flute »

Waaaaaaa~~!!!!
the art is amazing!!!
and just by reading the synopsis i already know the story would be as amazing as the art.
-What do you think of the art?
= Just like i said the art is AMAZING!!!!! OMG OMG OMG
-Does the summary intrigue you?
= Calvin looks more good as one the bachelors because he handsome ~^3^~
-Do you want BxB linked to the ending or just optional (like if you pick some choices along the way you would have additional romance scene)? (There will be a lot of bromance/borderline romance though)
= I think if the BxB is linked to the ending it will make the game more fun
-Do you have any suggestion on GUI?
= Nope it;'s already good!!!
sorry if my english is really bad ^^ i am not native english speakers
and i too lazy to learn the proper english way of speaking.
Do not disturb me

Saitoki1582
Regular

#23 Post by Saitoki1582 »

@Azure_Flute
Thank you! For this project, I tried my best to get it as visual appealing as I could. As for Calvin being a bachelor, actually there is no bachelor to go after in this game. It doesn't follow the BL game formula with the main character going after character route, but a scifi/mystery with multiple endings and BxB element in it. I actually had a plan for a game with character route (actually it's supposed to be the sequel of this game), but it turned out too big for a first serious project, so I decided on a smaller idea first.

Life have been hectic lately, but I managed to get some progress done.

Here is a lecture room...

And a very big and simple config window (subject to change, I hope)

I'm also doing some CG, but some of them are a bit spoiler-ish, so...

Any comment and suggestions,especially on the GUI, would be much appreciated ^^.