Asphyxia [GxG]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

Re: Asphyxia [GxG]

#16 Post by papillon »

It's quite difficult to read, to me. The background is light and soft and gives the impression of being blurry and the black outlines are often very thin. The serif font adds to the difficulty, giving my poor eyes lots of tiny bits that stick out and are simultaneously sharp and blurry. I look at it, make out a few words, then my eyes hurt and I look away.

Might want to try using dark test with a light outline, like the sidebar? Those bits are readable.

Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Emma: A Lady's Maid (editor)
IRC Nick: MadHarlequin

#17 Post by Mad Harlequin »

I can manage to read it (the full-size image), but combined with the light blue background, the white, thinly outlined text isn't as clear as you want it to be.
I'm an aspiring writer and voice talent with a passion for literature and an unhealthy attachment to video games. I am also a seasoned typo-sniper. Inquiries are encouraged. Friendly chats are welcome.
"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."
— Mark Twain

ebi-hime
Veteran
Completed: Asphyxia, Blackberry Honey, The Language of Love, etc
Tumblr: ebi-hime
itch: ebihime

#18 Post by ebi-hime »

Maybe I'll try to make the textbox a bit darker, then. Or not transparent. That might make it more readable.
I don't want to change the colour of the font because then it wouldn't look consistent with the rest of the game, which uses a white font + black outlines, but I could also try to make the font bigger... Or add a drop shadow to the font...
I have a lot of free & commercial VNs available on Steam and itchio.io if you want to check them out! ☆

infel
Veteran
Projects: Mark's Story(BxB(Reach for the Stars(GxG), Mermaid Sonata(GxG,NaNo16), Black Dale-Curse of the Scarlet Witch(Semi Hiatus), A Few Secret Games
Tumblr: lunarwingsgames

#19 Post by infel »

This looks like a really well thought out and fun game. It's really nice to see varying personalities as well (I like how not all of then are friendly). Anyway I'm super excited for this game and will be rooting for you =)
Please support my Twitter, Tumblr and Patreon

Patreon
https://www.patreon.com/user?u=885797&ty=h

Current Projects

A GxG game about overcoming your fears and growing up in an forever changing world. Also focuses on lesbian relationships and self image.

Mermaid Sonata- A game about mermaids, magic, and adventure

http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 50&t=37512

ebi-hime
Veteran

#20 Post by ebi-hime »

infel wrote:This looks like a really well thought out and fun game. It's really nice to see varying personalities as well (I like how not all of then are friendly). Anyway I'm super excited for this game and will be rooting for you =)
Thank you, I hope you enjoy it! : >
Well, all the charactes are based on real people, and I tried hard to make them act 'in character' n_n;
And some of the Romantics weren't particularly nice people *looks pointedly at Byron*, or at least had a lot of problems, so this is probably why XD
I have a lot of free & commercial VNs available on Steam and itchio.io if you want to check them out! ☆

Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: WtRF
Organization: Harmonic Dreams
IRC Nick: Rinima or Charlie
Deviantart: Emlindes

#21 Post by Rinima »

ebi-hime wrote:women’s rights, the meat industry, or police brutality
She's not going to be one of those 'All men, farmers, meat eaters and police should die' kind of person is she?

Sorry, I just kind of noticed it and alarm bells went off in my head.
Pronouns: They/them or He/him

ebi-hime
Veteran

#22 Post by ebi-hime »

Rinima wrote:She's not going to be one of those 'All men, farmers, meat eaters and police should die' kind of person is she?

Sorry, I just kind of noticed it and alarm bells went off in my head.
Yeah, she kinda is.
I mean, she's based on Percy Shelley, and he was pretty extreme in his politics, so that makes sense? He got a lot of critical press back in the day for his anti-war, anti-meat, anti-religion, and anti-inequality policies, and that's probably one of the main reasons why his poetry didn't become very widespread until a while after his death. It was considered too controversial.
I don't think Shelley was incredibly feminist (I think he had some feminist leanings maaaybe but the way he treated women was pretty dreadful), but it made sense to also make Percy a feminist in this story since Percy has been genderswapped.

Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: WtRF
Organization: Harmonic Dreams
IRC Nick: Rinima or Charlie
Deviantart: Emlindes

#23 Post by Rinima »

ebi-hime wrote:Yeah, she kinda is.
I mean, she's based on Percy Shelley, and he was pretty extreme in his politics, so that makes sense? He got a lot of critical press back in the day for his anti-war, anti-meat, anti-religion, and anti-inequality policies, and that's probably one of the main reasons why his poetry didn't become very widespread until a while after his death. It was considered too controversial.
I don't think Shelley was incredibly feminist (I think he had some feminist leanings maaaybe but the way he treated women was pretty dreadful), but it made sense to also make Percy a feminist in this story since Percy has been genderswapped.
Ahh, I guess it makes sense in context of the story.

Still, I already dislike her XD
Pronouns: They/them or He/him

ebi-hime
Veteran

#24 Post by ebi-hime »

Rinima wrote:Ahh, I guess it makes sense in context of the story.

Still, I already dislike her XD
I'm not a fan of Shelley the poet, either. Not really because of his beliefs, but because... I think he was quite a thoughtless person.
He was quite fond of the idea of 'saving' depressed women by starting romantic relationships with them, and then dumping them a few months later when he got tired of them. And think this probably did quite a bit of damage in the long run, considering two of the women he was involved with ended up killing themselves...
This doesn't really get touched upon in the story though XD I wasn't sure how to fit it in XD

Giack31

#25 Post by Giack31 »

I am really interested in this game, i have played Dejection:a ode and i liked it, but i have some questions:
1) How much will it cost, will it be available on steam?
2) The Sekai Project twitter said this will be available next week. Is it true?
3) Will all the girl have a route or there is only a Samantha x Lillian route?

ebi-hime
Veteran

#26 Post by ebi-hime »

Giack31 wrote:I am really interested in this game, i have played Dejection:a ode and i liked it, but i have some questions:
1) How much will it cost, will it be available on steam?
2) The Sekai Project twitter said this will be available next week. Is it true?
3) Will all the girl have a route or there is only a Samantha x Lillian route?
Aw, thank you! : > I'm glad you liked Dejection!
I think it will cost $5 on Steam. I'll probably also upload to itch.io at some point as well, so people who don't like buying through Steam can buy through there.
It should be available next week, on the 4th of August.
There are routes for De Quincey, Bobby, Lilly, and Byron. Since Lilly is the main girl, her route is longer than the others XD

Giack31

#27 Post by Giack31 »

Thanks for answering. Looking forward to playing the game.

Feral Phoenix
Regular
Completed: Uncommon Time, The Witch-in-Training and the Magic Seal, Refinery
Projects: The Sullen Boku Girls Alliance
Tumblr: dialoguelostloop
itch: feralphoenix

#28 Post by Feral Phoenix »

This looks like it's going to be really interesting! The art's beautiful and I'm envious of the shiny UI... I'll be keeping an eye on this project, good luck!
My Games Hub Page
Original
Uncommon Time (RPG Maker VX Ace) | Refinery (Ren'Py) | The Sullen Boku Girls Alliance (RPG Maker VX Ace)
Collab
The Witch-in-Training and the Magic Seal (RPG Maker VX Ace - illustration, English translation)
Translated
Tragic Muppets (RPG Maker VX Ace) | The Gaol of Eternity (RPG Maker XP) | I Wished For (RPG Maker VX Ace) | Gathering the Magic (RPG Maker VX Ace) | Rainy Drop (RPG Maker VX Ace)

ebi-hime
Veteran

#29 Post by ebi-hime »

Feral Phoenix wrote:This looks like it's going to be really interesting! The art's beautiful and I'm envious of the shiny UI... I'll be keeping an eye on this project, good luck!
Thank you!~
I went through like 8 or 9 different variations of the textbox w my artist before I was finally happy with it, haha. I'm glad it seems to have been worth it? n_n;

ebi-hime
Veteran

#30 Post by ebi-hime »

And the VN is finally finished >_<
It can be bought from Steam here:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/386990

And I also added it to the complete games section n_n;