Chemistry [BxB] [Romance] [College] [Drama]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Fenrir34
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Escaping Sorrow
Projects: Crisis Beat,Lynarsia-The Broken Song

Chemistry [BxB] [Romance] [College] [Drama]

#1 Post by Fenrir34 »

Synopsis-You play as Ben, a high school graduate who is now just entering his first year of college. For him it's suppose to be a start for a new life and new opportunities that he didn't have back in high school. However the minute he steps into the dorm a familiar face catches his attention and he recognizes the guy as Kai, the first and only person he ever liked.To make matter even worse though his other neighbor is also someone from his past who he has tried to forget about ever since a certain incident that nearly cost him his life. With trying to balance his new life of college, getting over his inner fears, and dealing with two old faces who seem to be in even worse shape then he is, can Ben even hope to get through the year in one piece?. A story about friendship, growth, and painful love.

Characters

Ben-The chubby yet kindhearted boy who just wants to make a new life for himself. Due to an accident back in high school, Ben ended up having to be home schooled for his entire senior year. Now though with finally being an 'adult' he's willing and ready to break out of his shell and begin anew. Sadly things don't go as planned when two familiar faces come back into his life forcing Ben to face the dark secrets of his past. Personality wise Ben is a sweet but socially awkward boy who always puts other before him. Despite being bullied in the past he has a mostly positive outlook on things though even he can sometimes go back to that depressed stare. Due to what happened back in high school though, Ben suffers from anxiety and at times can't handle a situation well if he feels cornered. Still he is slowly learning to overcome this and maybe will be able to finally get through his past mistakes.

Kai- One of Ben's roommate and old friend from when he was a junior in high school. Unlike Ben, Kai has always been on top of things. Due to coming from a 'smart' family much is expected of him and there is little room for messing up. But now in college, Kai may be able to break some rules and actually learn to have fun with life instead of keeping his nose in a book all the time. Though Kai can come off a bit too serious and at times cold he's actually quite lonely due to never having much freedom. With finally being out of his parents eyes though Kai shows bouts of humor and a friendly demeanor that can't be shown when he's trying to please his family since they believe in titles. Though not one to often show his weak side, Kai can easily become guilty and this is shown when Ben comes back into his life. When meeting again the pair try to rekindle their friendship, but this proves to difficult since Kai is one to not always face his problems.

Gale- Ben's neighbor at the dorm and an old acquaintance of his. Despite being a college student now Gale is a very immature guy and seems to only have joined college in order to party and get girls. He's a bit wild and sarcastic but always is one for fun. In truth though Gale does take college seriously actually and is trying to get his life together. Sadly with his lack of motivation and sometimes bad reputation for missing class this might be hard to achieve. Gal can easily be seen as the life of any party though. He can make friends very easily but keeping them around is a different story. He has a bit of a rivalry with Kai however and the pair often fight when alone together. His relationship with Be is another story and it's unclear what Gale's motives are for befriending him.

(Sprite coming soon)
James-Ben's half older brother. James is a strange sort. At first glance it seems like he's your typical nice, friendly and charming guy. He cares deeply for his brother, Gale, and Kai since he knew them back in the day and always has good advice for others when the time calls for it. In truth though James has a hard time being honest and actually has a violent side to him due to how his father treated him. As a kid James was the opposite as he is now. He was cruel, angry, and distant from others. It wasn't till he met Ben that he began to show a much softer side. His anger though is still with him and the dark part of James has a way of using those around him. When Ben comes into his life however he tries to hide his more darker self and doesn't want his brother to know just how bad he can be.

More Characters Come Soon

Progress:
Writing
Planning-20%
Common Route-5%
Kai's Route- 0%
Gale's Route- 0%
Art
Character Art-60%
Background Art-100%
CG's-0%
Gui-0%
Coding- 0%

Credits
Coding and Writing-Fenrir34
Character and CG Artist- nobutsuna (Thank you =).)
Music-???
GUI-???

A/N- So finally...I'm doing a short game and it's BxB XD. Due to Lynarsia being big and needing much more revision then I thought, I wanted to try a BxB game and do something simple.

Questions

What do you think of the characters?

Who is your favorite character?

Does this sound interesting?

Any tips?

Ernestalice15
Regular
Projects: One Last Crane, Demoness, The Golden Catalyst
Organization: Animon Works
IRC Nick: Nomina
Tumblr: ernestalice15
Deviantart: Ernestalice15

Re: Chemistry [BxB] [Romance] [College] [Drama]

#2 Post by Ernestalice15 »

Hi, let me answer some questions you asked :
1. The character looks so high quality and I think they are great.
2. From the art, I like Gale so far, but from story, I think I'll pick James.
3. If you can pull out the feel, character development, and build an interesting plot development, then I think it will be great. The idea itself is simple, but depends on how you arrange it, it can become more interesting, or boring. I can't really judge from the synopsis only.
4. I suggest to put some light or humor a little, since I think from the description, it looks pretty dark and sad. James is what I see can pull this thing through. It's important to adjust your readers' feeling when reading your story to be interesting. One of my idol's advice is to make sure your reader will be like riding a jet-coaster, there is up and down, so it won't be flat.

Just keep it up with updates :)

Fenrir34
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Escaping Sorrow
Projects: Crisis Beat,Lynarsia-The Broken Song

#3 Post by Fenrir34 »

Ernestalice15 wrote:Hi, let me answer some questions you asked :
1. The character looks so high quality and I think they are great.
2. From the art, I like Gale so far, but from story, I think I'll pick James.
3. If you can pull out the feel, character development, and build an interesting plot development, then I think it will be great. The idea itself is simple, but depends on how you arrange it, it can become more interesting, or boring. I can't really judge from the synopsis only.
4. I suggest to put some light or humor a little, since I think from the description, it looks pretty dark and sad. James is what I see can pull this thing through. It's important to adjust your readers' feeling when reading your story to be interesting. One of my idol's advice is to make sure your reader will be like riding a jet-coaster, there is up and down, so it won't be flat.

Just keep it up with updates :)

1- Thank you =). I'm really happy about that since I like things looking professional.
2- Nobutsuna has worked hard on the sprites and she's really fun to work with =). As for James I need to fix the file and then I can post him XD.
3- And you're right. It's hard to judge the game on the synopsis. Trust me though there will be a lot of development. They game is short but I'm trying to do my best to make it a fun and relative story.
4- You're right....This does seem a little dark, but I didn't mean it to come off that way :oops: . There is drama and the characters will go through trials, but I promise there will be some humor. Most of it will likely comes from James and Gale =).

P_Nova
Regular
Projects: Wings of Justice
Organization: BunnyPudding&Co.
Tumblr: bunnypuddingandco

#4 Post by P_Nova »

What do you think of the characters?

Who is your favorite character?

Does this sound interesting?

Any tips?
I like them ! When I saw Ben I though his body size was screwed but then I read it was chubby, I immediatly though it's a good idea ! =P

It sounds interesting but we don't know many thing on the plot

I feel like all the characters are very different and have very little in common ....Maybe you should talk a little more about what link them , the dorm or the time they shared in the pass or all these things you have not talked about yet =D

Take care of yourself ! Your artist is so good !
(>^^)> If you have tried our game, please, leave us a little comment. <(^^<)

(>^^)> !!! We are still amateur, help us to grow big and professionnal !!! <(^^<)

Test our demo !

Lesleigh63
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: House of Dolls; Lads in Distress - Nano'16; Delusion Gallery Nano'18
Projects: BL VN
Deviantart: Lesleigh63

#5 Post by Lesleigh63 »

The art is lovely and I like the look of both Kai and Gale and their character descriptions.
Sounds interesting but whether I'd stay with it depends on how good the plot and writing are.