Courting the Seasons [Romance- GxB,GxG][Fantasy]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Amberbaum
Regular

Re: Courting the Seasons [Romance- GxB,GxG][Fantasy]

#76 Post by Amberbaum »

Woah, nice! Looks like you're on the roll. You even made a timetable. Neat! I hope that everything turns out well for you.

Btw., I think a free Visual Novel(The Lady's Choice) could be a good way to get you the necessary trust and attention from the players, if you want to make a living out of it. It can also act as a portfolio.

Harliqueen
Veteran
Completed: Diving in Deep (NaNo15) The Lady's Choice(NaNo16) The Crossroads(NaNo17)
Projects: The Curse of Creek Edge
Organization: Seraphinite
Tumblr: seraphinitegames
Deviantart: SeraphiniteGames
itch: seraphinite

#77 Post by Harliqueen »

Amberbaum wrote:Woah, nice! Looks like you're on the roll. You even made a timetable. Neat! I hope that everything turns out well for you.

Btw., I think a free Visual Novel(The Lady's Choice) could be a good way to get you the necessary trust and attention from the players, if you want to make a living out of it. It can also act as a portfolio.
Time tables and plans work really well for me, so hoping it keeps me up together :D

Yeah, I'm hoping to use NaNo games to show people what I can do, and hopefully show them that they can trust me when buying any future games from me :)

Thank you so much for commenting!
Completed: Diving in Deep/The Lady's Choice/The Crossroads
Current WIP: The Curse of Creek Edge (NaNo2020)

aleax
Completed: Four Horsemen
Projects: Four Horsemen
Organization: Nuclear Fishin' Software
itch: nuclearfishinsoftwar

#78 Post by aleax »

This looks really promising, I dig the statless approach. I'm also a sucker for allegorical characters (but you could probably guess that).

Will your choice of powers also influence your character development? As in, will a character who goes for Destructive powers also become more direct and forceful in personality?

Harliqueen
Veteran
Completed: Diving in Deep (NaNo15) The Lady's Choice(NaNo16) The Crossroads(NaNo17)

#79 Post by Harliqueen »

aleax wrote:This looks really promising, I dig the statless approach. I'm also a sucker for allegorical characters (but you could probably guess that).

Will your choice of powers also influence your character development? As in, will a character who goes for Destructive powers also become more direct and forceful in personality?
Thank you so much! I'm hoping the statless approach is going to work, I really want it to feel much more like it's flowing steadily than clocking up points :D

The choice of personality development is completely up to you. I didn't want your choice of power to shoehorn you into a specific personality.

Wanna be a sweet, approachable person, but be able to rip the air out of a man's lungs?
Go for it!

Wanna be forceful with people, but sensitive to nature and its creatures? Sure!

So yeah, as much as possible I have left the decision on how to develop the MC to your liking!

ibelieveicanfall

#80 Post by ibelieveicanfall »

Harliqueen wrote:
Where will this be released?
I plan for the demo to be released early Summer 2016, alongside a Steam Greenlight campaign.
me, an australian: ... what?

i was so very confused for a moment

Harliqueen
Veteran

#81 Post by Harliqueen »

ibelieveicanfall wrote:
Harliqueen wrote:
Where will this be released?
I plan for the demo to be released early Summer 2016, alongside a Steam Greenlight campaign.
me, an australian: ... what?

i was so very confused for a moment
Ah, yeah! Sorry about that :D I can see why that would be confusing. I will be putting up a more specific time soon (probably August 2016).

eriberri

#82 Post by eriberri »

I'm so looking forward to this game! By the way, is the 'mystery' character's appearance based off of Billy Wirth (the actor)? because that was my first thought on seeing him. Sexy!

Harliqueen
Veteran

#83 Post by Harliqueen »

eriberri wrote:I'm so looking forward to this game! By the way, is the 'mystery' character's appearance based off of Billy Wirth (the actor)? because that was my first thought on seeing him. Sexy!
I'm glad you're looking forward to it! The demo will be pretty long, so you should get a good idea of how the game will be.

I will now not be able to unsee Billy Wirth when I think of the 'mystery' character now :D (he's the guy from Lost Boys, right?)- not that thinking of him is going to be much of a hardship ;) I think it's the hair, I apparently like to give quite a lot of my guys fabulous hair!

eriberri

#84 Post by eriberri »

Yep, that's him! He played in a number of Native American movies too (and some tv shows, like Charmed). I had the biggest crush on him as a teen, but the man is still mighty fine today and wirth every look-alike! (see what I did there?! *snerk snerk*)

I'm seriously surprised that Mystery Man wasn't based off of Billy Wirth though. Amazing coincidence? :o I mean, check this out - he has the same face shape (mostly), eyebrows, eye-shape, nose shape and mouth shape too. The hair sort of gives it a slightly different look buuut..
ImageImage
Btw, I hope you won't take me pointing this out badly; for my part I think it's great! I have ALWAYS wanted to get freaky with Billy Wirth and you, dear girl, are about to facilitate my teenage dreams! :wink: :lol:

As thanks, have shirtless~

"Hey Girl, do you long for a man with hair more fabulous then your own?"

Harliqueen
Veteran

#85 Post by Harliqueen »

eriberri wrote:Yep, that's him! He played in a number of Native American movies too (and some tv shows, like Charmed). I had the biggest crush on him as a teen, but the man is still mighty fine today and wirth every look-alike! (see what I did there?! *snerk snerk*)

I'm seriously surprised that Mystery Man wasn't based off of Billy Wirth though. Amazing coincidence? :o I mean, check this out - he has the same face shape (mostly), eyebrows, eye-shape, nose shape and mouth shape too. The hair sort of gives it a slightly different look buuut..

Btw, I hope you won't take me pointing this out badly; for my part I think it's great! I have ALWAYS wanted to get freaky with Billy Wirth and you, dear girl, are about to facilitate my teenage dreams! :wink: :lol:

Of course I don't mind you pointing it out :D It's pretty exciting to know who he'd remind you of (almost like casting for a movie!), and that it's someone that is attractive to you- that's pretty important!

I always imagined mystery man as like a younger Billy Zane, or Adam Driver. It's all that tall, dark, and handsome broody thing they got going on!

eriberri

#86 Post by eriberri »

Okay yeah, now that you mention it, I can see both of them in Mystery Man too; I guess that's who you modeled him on? Who knew that Billy Zane + Adam Driver = Billy Wirth? :wink:

In any case, thoroughly intrigued and looking forward to finding out more about this guy (and game in general)! :)

Harliqueen
Veteran

#87 Post by Harliqueen »

eriberri wrote:Okay yeah, now that you mention it, I can see both of them in Mystery Man too; I guess that's who you modeled him on? Who knew that Billy Zane + Adam Driver = Billy Wirth? :wink:

In any case, thoroughly intrigued and looking forward to finding out more about this guy (and game in general)! :)

A lot of the inspiration for mystery man actually came from old statues, particularly the statue of David. I really wanted him to have striking but classical features, so I figured the classic statues would be perfect for drawing inspiration and features from :D

Thank you so much for commenting. I'm really looking forward to getting back to working on this after Lady's Choice is done!