Two Leaf Spring [GxB] [School Life]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
meltychan
Tumblr: meltychan
Deviantart: m-melty

Two Leaf Spring [GxB] [School Life]

#1 Post by meltychan »

Hello everyone. My name is Melty, and this is my project.

After a lot of pondering and doubting, I've finally decided to begin making my own visual novel/otome game, Two Leaf Spring. It isn't like the traditional harem format, rather it's more about pursuing a first love facing ups and downs along the way. Your choices will ultimately decide the herione's fate. I'd like to know your thoughts about the premise and characters so far. It's my first visual novel project, and I intend to make it fairly lengthy so I'll be returning here often looking for advice. All the images so far all only roughs/placeholders since this project is in its very early stages.

Story

Childhood friends, Futaba and Kurea are finally entering High School. Until this point, Kurea has ensured Futaba's 'safety' from all that would tarnish the clean slate of her innocence. She experienced the feeling of heartbreak and rejection and turmoil and is adamant to not let Futaba have any such feelings. Her looks and style attract many around her but is really just a measure to not let anyone unfamiliar near to Futaba, essentially monopolising her. Futaba on the other hand, although dense in many topics, has always wanted to experience a first love. Unlike Kurea's thoughts on the topic on love, Futaba for better or for worse remain extremely positive. Thus as Spring returns, a new feeling of love arrives. Futaba begins to fall in love with a boy, Naoto. Naoto is a boy who is described as charming and easy to get along with, and his hearty laugh and toothy smile is said to be one of his well known aspects. Although to Naoto, Futaba is just an eccentric, mild girl who he sees from time to time. Despite Kurea's words, Futaba is strongly against the notion of giving up on him. And so the problems and struggles that come with love, one by one they start to afflict Futaba. Kurea takes it into her own hands to revert the damage she believes Naoto has caused. Follow Futaba through the seasons as her feelings for Naoto change and grow.

Characters

Futaba

Futaba is a 15 year old, freshly made high school student who attends Nanohana High School. She is eccentric, and despite her rather soft voice isn't shy in the least always managing to get a laugh from many. She is often seen together with Kurea, and many remark on how contrasting the two are, in appearance and personality. Futaba has a rather huge crush on Naoto, and tends to find herself around him due to no fault of her own. Her naivety and un-awareness makes her vulnerable in some regard. She often makes doodles of her endeavours, which are just a little above scribbles.

Kurea

Futaba's dearest childhood friend and also attends Nanohana High School. She went through a drastic rehaul, and now her looks are revered by male and female classmates alike. However many find her hard to talk to or approach and thus when she is around Futaba many can't even get a word in. Kurea worries a lot about Futaba's wellbeing, and their strong relationship is founded on trust and care. Kurea dislikes when Naoto is around Futaba, crediting him for the problems Futaba begins to encounter due to her love. She wishes for Futaba's happiness, but has her own ideas of what exactly that entails, and to her it's without Naoto. She likes Dorayaki.

Naoto

Naoto is a 15 year old that attends Nanohana High School alongside Futaba and Kurea and is the target of Futaba's emotions. These feelings are still unbeknownst to him, and he regards Futaba as a friend/partner in crime due to their similarities and how Futaba can also seem to bring a smile to his face. He is the type of guy that is very easy to get along with and no one for the most part have a problem with. His views on romance is that he chooses not to bother with it, but he's rather trying to avoid it - slightly fearing whatever it may entail. The truths behind his toothy grin remain a mystery. He is a Virgo and has a penchant for a specific mascot line that resembles a dog called Wantarou.

Kazuki

A guy who strives for Futaba's attention and affection. He often misleads Futaba with false information about Naoto in order to halt her progress. It is unclear whether he loves her truly or not, but it's clear as daylight that he and Kurea make up the Anti-Naoto squadron. They don't work together or speak often, but they go about discouraging and sidetracking Futaba from her goals. Futaba finds him strange but easy to talk to so, this is another source that Futaba goes to unload her recent news. Kazuki dubs it the First Love news, and they kind of make a joke about it together. He's rather sporty and competitive. Naoto begins to see him as a competitor. His favourite genre of music is rock.

Willowen
Projects: Oh My Deer
Organization: Endless Production
Tumblr: Endless-Production
Deviantart: Willowen

Re: Two Leaf Spring [GxB] [School Life]

#2 Post by Willowen »

This is definitely a wonderful story about the hardships of love at a young age and can be relatable. It sounds very sweet and the art only supports that claim. I really like your art style. It's very cute and different from other styles I have seen. Just from the description of the game and characters, I can tell that this will be a well written visual novel.

If you don't mind answering some questions:
1. How long do you plan on having this novel be?
2. Will there be choices that the readers/viewers get to decide?
3. Do you plan on this being a free game or will you sell it?

I know this visual novel is in its rough stages but I am already super excited to see it released. Good luck and I can't wait to see more. (*´ω`*)
Currently Working on

meltychan
Tumblr: meltychan
Deviantart: m-melty

Re: Two Leaf Spring [GxB] [School Life]

#3 Post by meltychan »

Willowen wrote:This is definitely a wonderful story about the hardships of love at a young age and can be relatable. It sounds very sweet and the art only supports that claim. I really like your art style. It's very cute and different from other styles I have seen. Just from the description of the game and characters, I can tell that this will be a well written visual novel.

If you don't mind answering some questions:
1. How long do you plan on having this novel be?

This visual novel will consitent of four parts, Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter. Each one will take 3 - 4 hours so I'm looking that this will be a 12 - 16 hour VN.

2. Will there be choices that the readers/viewers get to decide?

Yes, you'll be able to make choices. Your choices in one season carry onto the next so it's important.

3. Do you plan on this being a free game or will you sell it?

I'm still undecided on this part. If it proves to take a lot longer than expected I'll look into that option. I'm also considering a mobile version.

I know this visual novel is in its rough stages but I am already super excited to see it released. Good luck and I can't wait to see more. (*´ω`*)

Thank you I glad you like it so far. I'll definitely keep working at it and slowly build my original post with new and exciting content.