Les Contes Magiques: Marie Lévesque [Fantasy|GxB][DEMO 8/17]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
chocojax
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Umbra, Familiarity, Maleficent Justice
Tumblr: chocojax

Re: Les Contes Magiques: Marie Lévesque [Fantasy|GxB][DEMO 8

#16 Post by chocojax »

Getting into the habit of updating at least once a week. :-D

Writing: Slow progress, but it's still progress! WC is currently approx. 10,000. I'm focusing on writing Corentin's route first (and I get embarrassed while writing it hahah) before starting on Antoine's. After that is writing the main plot scenes and then general events.

Art: Not much since I've been focusing on writing as well as other things, but here's a design for one of the side-characters:

The no-name bumbling knight who also grew up in a distant, small village. She's slightly childish, extremely frugal (or cheap) and is competent at handling a spear.

Lemme know what you guys think about her design! I'm planning on doing more art-related things soon, so I'll have more artsy stuff to show for next week's update. :>

chocojax
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Umbra, Familiarity, Maleficent Justice
Tumblr: chocojax

#17 Post by chocojax »

(Didn't update at least once a week, HAHAHA.)

Sorry guys, every time I thought about updating, it would be pretty late at night. It's kinda late here now, but who cares, I'm gonna update!

Music: All of the music is essentially done, yay! \ o /

Writing: Progress has been slow on this end, since the time I had to write was shortened over the past two weeks. However, I am halfway done with Corentin's route! After his, I'll need to write Antoine's, a couple of slice-of-life scenes, and plot-related scenes. WC is approximately 15k.

Art: Slow progress on this end as well. I want to focus on writing (since it's what I struggle the most with), so art/programming haven't been gettin' a lot of love lately. But, here's a sketch I made of the knight character, Victoire! :P
Name subject to change. :v

AntiquedFae
Veteran

#18 Post by AntiquedFae »

There's much to love about this game so far but the thing that is really making me go crazy is...POTION CRAFTING MINI-GAMES WOOOO! Ahem. Excuse me. The setting sounds like it could be very interesting! I love in-depth magical school settings so much. Downloading the demo now; I can't wait to try it!
You can call me Fae!
I offer proofreading and ideabouncing. You can find out more in my thread.

sakurakimuchi
Regular

#19 Post by sakurakimuchi »

Loved the art, it's beautiful~

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#20 Post by try10 »

Played the demo and I thought it was really cute! :D I loved the soundtrack and a game that has magic always manages to catch my attention.
I wish you the best of luck with this project! ;)