Bitter Truth [Romance - GxB/GxG]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
neuropsy
Regular
Projects: Emissary of Starlight
Tumblr: emissaryofstarlight

Re: Bitter Truth [Romance/Slice of Life/Dating Sim] [GxB/G]

#16 Post by neuropsy »

1. What are you thoughts on the plot so far?
As others have mentioned, I have not seen a visual novel where the main character is in a relationship from the beginning. The title "Bitter Truth" combined with the synopsis makes me think that this game will be more...I wouldn't say darker, but more grounded and introspective than a lot of otoge, in that Emilia might find herself harboring feelings she disapproves of during the course of her relationship.

2. Do the main characters interest you?
I'll be honest and say initially, I'm a bit hesitant to comment on Emilia and William since they seem so perfect and admired by everyone, which is something I can't say I relate to. However, upon deeper reflection, the "appears to be perfect" would be more on the fault of their peers for seeing how they are on the outside instead of recognizing the round, dynamic people they are on the inside. Misperception is something I can definitely relate to on a personal level. In the real world, I am unable to coherently vocalize my thoughts within a socially-appropriate time constraint. Coupled with my benign demeanor, I tend to give off the vibe of someone exceedingly sweet and submissive when there's a lot more to me. Given this, I'd be interested to see how the characters (Emilia especially) handles the dissonance between the perception of her peers and reality.

3. Which character seems to appeal to you the most? Why?
Lily seems like such a sweetheart, so I'd probably pursue her route first. I love shy, plucky characters with a heart of gold, and Lily seems to exhibit those traits.

4. If we released a Kickstarter, would you support it? Why?
If I had spare cash and enjoyed the demo, I would. It's obvious to me that you're passionate about this game, and that's something that I love in developers--unbridled passion.

5. What additional gameplay features do you think the game would benefit from?
Hmm, a straight up visual novel with dating sim elements is plenty entertaining enough for me, and especially in this medium, additional gameplay features might turn some people off if they simply want to relax and read a story. However, if I had to suggest something...perhaps a feature related to gossip? Since Emilia is really popular in the school, it'd be neat if there was a feature where you could listen to gossip to see what people are saying about her, especially if she finds herself entering other romantic entanglements.

6. What is your overall opinion of Bitter Truth?
Great art, interesting/unique synopsis, lots of passion and dedication, so I'm eager to play the demo once it's released.

7. If you have any other thoughts or questions for us, please let us know below!
I think I've pretty much summed everything up in the prior questions. :] Good luck to you and your team! You guys are making good progress!
"Everyone was jumping a giant jump rope, but I was too scared to join. I was hesitant, like a child, always waiting for you."
Current Project: Emissary of Starlight

Allegra Hughes
Veteran
Completed: One Leaf Clover
Projects: Bitter Truth, Two Faced
Organization: Chisa Studios

#17 Post by Allegra Hughes »

Genesis wrote:1. What are you thoughts on the plot so far?
The plot is really my cup-of-tea; it seems like the type of story where it uncovers the main character's inner personality.
They do, but I wonder if there is something more to Callister than his 'handsome, popular and flirtatious' image.
I am interested in Emilia's personality partly because of what I mentioned in the first question; she has her own inner problems outside of her friendly facade. Another thing is also because I feel like I can relate to her fairly well, and I like relatable main characters :)
Unfortunately, I would not be able to because I am broke at the moment :(
There is one feature that I thought of (a personality meter kind of thing) but that depends on how the authors want to proceed with Emilia.
Any story that focuses on characters and relationships usually catches my eye, so I am definitely looking forward to this :D
Thanks for the feedback! That's an interesting though about the personality meter for Emilia.

I'm glad you like our project so far :D

Allegra Hughes
Veteran

#18 Post by Allegra Hughes »

neuropsy wrote:1. What are you thoughts on the plot so far?
As others have mentioned, I have not seen a visual novel where the main character is in a relationship from the beginning. The title "Bitter Truth" combined with the synopsis makes me think that this game will be more...I wouldn't say darker, but more grounded and introspective than a lot of otoge, in that Emilia might find herself harboring feelings she disapproves of during the course of her relationship.
Yes, it is definitely more grounded and introspective. We're definitely focusing on a intense story about romance.
neuropsy wrote: 3. Which character seems to appeal to you the most? Why?
Lily seems like such a sweetheart, so I'd probably pursue her route first. I love shy, plucky characters with a heart of gold, and Lily seems to exhibit those traits.
Another Lily lover. I'm excited for our Kickstarter and I hope we are able to hit that stretch goal!

Thanks for the feedback! I'm glad you like our project so far :D

Allegra Hughes
Veteran

Re: Bitter Truth [Romance/Slice of Life/Otome] [GxB/G]

#19 Post by Allegra Hughes »

Connect with us:
Image Image Image

Allegra Hughes
Veteran

#20 Post by Allegra Hughes »

Building Bitter Truth: Week 3 Assets

Connect with us:
Image Image Image

Akemi-Takashi
Regular
Deviantart: Akemi-Takashi

#21 Post by Akemi-Takashi »

1. What are you thoughts on the plot so far?
I find it quite interesting. I mean, seeing how her life has been perfect until recently, it appears romance will ruin it. It doesn't seem like the gameplay/story will be smooth... but I like that! I mean, it piques my interest to see that pursuing a character other than the one your dating is in the story. Somewhat of an affair, I guess. Not that I really like affairs. . It makes me wonder how the story will blossom. I mean, the problem is man against circumstance, is it not? At least there's a problem to be solved.

In my opinion, I like learning about the characters in Visual Novels, but getting to know the female protagonist was never in there. I mean, yeah, the player is supposed to feel like they're the girl, but I like it when the character actually has something in her. I mean, if you watched Uta no Prince-sama, Haruka is practically the embodiment of music and you could just cut her out and the story wouldn't really be affected. Just imagine the bachelors being infatuated by music. I don't want a character who's all hollow and all "Eh?", "Ano... [--]-san...", and "Eto...". It's just too bland! :/
Anyways, I'm interested in how their stories will unfold. Then again - not to really criticize - the characters seem to be ALL caring. I mean, if there was at least one character who actually didn't treat the protagonist in the best possible way... Not to be mean or anything, but even her friends/the others treat her perfectly... I don't want to bring your spirit down, but that's what I saw. Somewhat of a Mary Sue, no offence! I'm serious when I'm saying I don't want to hurt your feelings or anything. I'm sorry if it sounded really negative but that wasn't my intention. :(

I think Callister Grant seems to appeal to me the most because there must be another side to him. I don't know. Just a feeling.

I wish and it would depend as well. Like all others, I'd need to at least see potential from a demo or something. And... I don't think I can give anything :/

Maybe some chocolate? Like Emilia making/giving chocolate because there's a picture of chocolate!!!!! XD Valentine's Day, maybe?

Overall, this is quite an interesting game! More like in the Hurt/Comfort genre alongside romance.

7. If you have any other thoughts or questions for us, please let us know below!
No offence, but Max is lanky! O.O I have no idea but his height and structure somehow keeps attracting my attention since it doesn't seem to... fit in with the other characters... TT-TT I feel terrible for pointing this out..... SORRY!
Free to do anything related to English grammar such as proofreading or scripts! ;)

"Nothing ventured, nothing gained." (Proverb)

Allegra Hughes
Veteran

#22 Post by Allegra Hughes »

Connect with us:
Image Image Image

Samantha Chan
Regular
Projects: Project Dualis; ACE Academy; One Leaf Clover; Seduce Me; Maid with Perfection; Cafe Memoria; Asagao Academy; The Reject Demon: Toko

#23 Post by Samantha Chan »

Akemi-Takashi wrote:2. Do the main characters interest you?
In my opinion, I like learning about the characters in Visual Novels, but getting to know the female protagonist was never in there. I mean, yeah, the player is supposed to feel like they're the girl, but I like it when the character actually has something in her. I mean, if you watched Uta no Prince-sama, Haruka is practically the embodiment of music and you could just cut her out and the story wouldn't really be affected. Just imagine the bachelors being infatuated by music. I don't want a character who's all hollow and all "Eh?", "Ano... [--]-san...", and "Eto...". It's just too bland! :/
Anyways, I'm interested in how their stories will unfold. Then again - not to really criticize - the characters seem to be ALL caring. I mean, if there was at least one character who actually didn't treat the protagonist in the best possible way... Not to be mean or anything, but even her friends/the others treat her perfectly... I don't want to bring your spirit down, but that's what I saw. Somewhat of a Mary Sue, no offence! I'm serious when I'm saying I don't want to hurt your feelings or anything. I'm sorry if it sounded really negative but that wasn't my intention. :(
Don't worry, no offense taken! It may seem like all the characters, even her friends, like Emilia/MC right now, but you'll find out that their feelings are very complex and everything isn't as perfect as it seems. I won't say much more than that, so you'll have to see for yourself once the demo is released!
Akemi-Takashi wrote:5. What additional gameplay features do you think the game would benefit from?
Maybe some chocolate? Like Emilia making/giving chocolate because there's a picture of chocolate!!!!! XD Valentine's Day, maybe?
That's an interesting thought. Maybe we'll find a way to incorporate chocolate with a deeper meaning (;
Akemi-Takashi wrote:No offence, but Max is lanky! O.O I have no idea but his height and structure somehow keeps attracting my attention since it doesn't seem to... fit in with the other characters... TT-TT I feel terrible for pointing this out..... SORRY!
I never noticed that before, but now that you point it out, his proportions are a little different from the others. I think it doesn't help that his different clothes make him stand out against the others too. But hey, at least it makes him (and the other characters) distinct from each other and not identical!

Thanks so much for your feedback~
Voice Actress // Writer
Youtube | Resume

Allegra Hughes
Veteran

#24 Post by Allegra Hughes »

Just added all our supporting characters.

Allegra Hughes
Veteran

#25 Post by Allegra Hughes »

Hello Everyone!

We are currently seeking a writer for Bitter Truth!

If you're interested in applying, more information can be found here!

Allegra Hughes
Veteran

#26 Post by Allegra Hughes »

Building Bitter Truth: Week 4 Assets

Connect with us:
Image Image Image

Akemi-Takashi
Regular
Deviantart: Akemi-Takashi

#27 Post by Akemi-Takashi »

Samantha Chan wrote: Don't worry, no offense taken! It may seem like all the characters, even her friends, like Emilia/MC right now, but you'll find out that their feelings are very complex and everything isn't as perfect as it seems. I won't say much more than that, so you'll have to see for yourself once the demo is released!
Okay! ^_^
I was hoping there was something like that hidden underneath the perfectness of the description XD
Samantha Chan wrote: I never noticed that before, but now that you point it out, his proportions are a little different from the others. I think it doesn't help that his different clothes make him stand out against the others too. But hey, at least it makes him (and the other characters) distinct from each other and not identical!

Thanks so much for your feedback~
That's very true :P

And you're welcome! I love the supporting characters by the way. Just to point something out but on the first page it says Mr. Johnson is the "Mather Teacher."
Free to do anything related to English grammar such as proofreading or scripts! ;)

"Nothing ventured, nothing gained." (Proverb)

Allegra Hughes
Veteran

#28 Post by Allegra Hughes »

Connect with us:
Image Image Image

Allegra Hughes
Veteran

#29 Post by Allegra Hughes »

Akemi-Takashi wrote: Just to point something out but on the first page it says Mr. Johnson is the "Mather Teacher."
Thanks for pointing that out! I just fixed it!

Allegra Hughes
Veteran

#30 Post by Allegra Hughes »

Building Bitter Truth: Week 5 Assets

Connect with us:
Image Image Image