Dark Override: Their Demise [GxB][School] - Hiatus

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Ana
Regular

Re: XITIR -- PROJECT Q [GxB][Supernatural] UPDATE:Dec23

#16 Post by Ana »

sakurakimuchi wrote:I loved the plot! That's probably my favorite thing so far, sounds interesting af.
And I don't think I have a favorite guy yet but Aiden is like me in some ways (I fall asleep everywhere at any time or place and well, academics are not my strong point lol) but I don't really like the tsundere types, so it's probably Riley, I guess? It's too early to tell.
Anyway, on with the questions...

- Childhood friends... too cliche?
Yes. But that doesn't necessarily have to be a bad thing, there are good and bad cliches it all depends on how you'll work with it.
- How about jerky guys?
Not my personal favorite, but jerks have their share of fangirls out there (usually they tend to be popular, which never fail to surprise me)
- Yandere? Possessive?
As long as they're not like, super crazy psycho freaks that will murder me in my sleep, sure, why not? lol.

So yeah, good luck with the game! :mrgreen:
Ah, thanks for the reply!

I should probably mention that the opening of the game is getting reworked, and the premise given in the original post is actually very... misleading to the actual plot of the story, and 'll admit that I don't think I did a good job at explaining it (That's one thing I didn't update properly...haha...).

Neither Aiden nor Riley are tsundere though, I think. The third guy (who my friend calls a lizard) might be though, for a few seconds in the game :lol:

:lol: Lizard man:
x

I wouldn't consider any of the characters psycho, but some of them act possessive at the very beginning. For childhood characters, I took inspiration from my childhood, but changed a few things around, so it'll (hopefully) be different from typical childhood friendship tropes.
I realized there's quite a bit I need to do for the game... haa...
Last edited by Ana on Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ana
Regular

Re: XITIR -- PROJECT Q [GxB][Supernatural] UPDATE:Dec23

#17 Post by Ana »

sakurakimuchi wrote:He looks like a cross between Wolverine (I'm being so cliche right now lol) and Sweeney Todd. I liked it! :P
Ah, I was actually getting inspiration from Danganronpa... one of the girl characters looks like my friend who helped me with Aiden, so I thought it'd be a good reference. Besides, I had to make him kind of dangerous...
Nevertheless, that's still an interesting comparison, especially the second one. I'll have to tell this to my friend. :lol:

Ana
Regular

Re: Dark Override: Their Demise [GxB] UPDATE:JUN9

#18 Post by Ana »

UPDATE:
14/06/2017

After a little less than two years, I decided to go back to this project again. I don't really have much to show for unfortunately, but I have included a decent amount of script into the game since I posted this, and have changed the art style (new sprites in the opening post). Aside from that, I also decided to forgo most CGs except for a few group ones. (Overall, maybe 8-10 CGs for the entire game...)

For anyone who actually remembers what the story was even about, there were monster-like creatures called xitirs. Due to the new premise, I took them out and put in something equally as good. The whole journey of the story is also the same (ie. rekindling the spark of friendships and living one's last days in high school). It's not really the same premise anymore, but I still want to go through with it, especially since it has direct ties to something else that I've been writing.

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#19 Post by Zelan »

Riley looks cool and I am exited. :D

Ana
Regular

#20 Post by Ana »

Zelan wrote:Riley looks cool and I am exited. :D
Yeah heheh if I do release the game later on, then you'll probably see my um.. love for Riley :D
Sounds good :)

Ana
Regular

Re: Dark Override: Their Demise [GxB][School] Update: JULY 2

#21 Post by Ana »

Update (July 2)
I thought I might as well post a few updates...
I got Victor's new sprite up! Then, I just need to do the hoodie guy, a little bit of other sprites and CGs.

Some screen shots thus far...

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: Dark Override: Their Demise [GxB][School] Update: JULY 2

#22 Post by Zelan »

Ana!! The sprites look absolutely gorgeous in the screenshots, you truly did an amazing job on them. ^_^