A Very Important Date [GXB|GxG|BxB][Otome|Slice of Fantasy|Commercial]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo.
Chibi Subaru
Regular
Projects: A Very Important Date
Organization: Naïve Sprites
Tumblr: naivesprites
Deviantart: naivesprites
itch: naivesprites

Re: A Very Important Date [GXB|GxG|BxB][Fantasy] ~ 3 hours left on KS

#76 Post by Chibi Subaru » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:47 pm

We’ve hit one of our stretch goals last night! Unless our Kickstarter goes below $4,500 before the campaign ends, we will have a Boys Love side story in A Very Important Date’s main game. This will be a three to four chapters short story that will feature our main game’s cast.

If we remain above the goal before our Kickstarter ends, any backers that pledged at $30+ tiers will get the side story for free! (If a backer does not want this side story, it could be traded for a future side story instead.)

We’re currently at 139% with 3 hours left to go!

Chibi Subaru
Regular
Projects: A Very Important Date
Organization: Naïve Sprites
Tumblr: naivesprites
Deviantart: naivesprites
itch: naivesprites

Re: A Very Important Date [GXB|GxG|BxB][Otome|Slice of Fantasy|Commercial]

#77 Post by Chibi Subaru » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:31 pm

Hi, everyone!

A lot has happened since we last posted on here. Life has gotten in the way for most of the team. There were the usual blockades like school and work getting in the way, but also Darkenmarr has dealt with more surgeries, my uncle (my godfather) passed away, and a number of major illnesses sprung up for a few of our team members, myself included.

Recently I’ve been diagnosed with precancerous colon cancer, which lead to us testing me for genetic diseases. From this I discovered that I have Familial adenomatous polyposis (FAP), so I will be having various cancer screenings for the rest of my life because my cancer chances are now vastly increased.

On top of that, I have a cyst in my leg (which at the moment is a big hole in my leg) that I’m waiting to have surgery on. It hurts a great deal and it’s slowing down my own progress with the game development, but we are all still plugging along.

So onto game development!

Darkenmarr has been reworking the sprites and we have a new set of main cast sprites, except for Alison (MC) as we’re still working on her. This time around our sprites have expressions and various clothing changes.

On the UI front, we’ve got Log, Name Change, Gallery, and Character Selection screens programmed. By the next demo release we’re hoping to add in 2-3 more features within the game.

With music, Geoff Moore has completed 10 songs for us so far and we’re hoping to work on the 11th one soon.

Hopefully once my own health situations calm down and classes end this semester, we can get a lot more work done before the next semester starts.

Here’s some images of Gwyn’s new sprite: