Join my four employees and myself as we take you on a wonderful journey through the café world.
New in town? The Looking Glass is a grand place to start fresh.
Troubling day? Cleanse the nonsense of the world with one of our special herbal teas.
Looking to meet new people? When the sun sets, The Looking Glass becomes the most vibrant hotspot in town.
But the heart of The Looking Glass isn’t the world class cuisine or nightlife, it’s our employees. Take time to get to know each of us and you’ll make friends for life. Our magical personalities are sure to relieve the doldrums of everyday life.
So mark your calendars, my new friend, you wouldn’t want to be late for this will be [A Very Important Date]!
- Gwyn Arkwright, Owner of The Looking Glass Cafe
Our story follows Alison Sunderlund, an average small town Ohio girl. By day she can be found working as a server in a local café and by night she takes care of her house and family: her dad and younger brother. Though she doesn't have a lot on her plate, the life she has gives her very little free time. But Alison's life changes one morning when she wakes up sitting under a tree in a brand new world.
Confused, Alison sets out to discover more about her new surroundings, accidentally stumbling upon the Arkwright estate, home of Gwyn Arkwright and The Looking Glass Café. With no place to go and a way back home seeming impossible, Gwyn, being the kind soul that he is, gives Alison a job and a place to stay for the time being. Everything's peachy except... now Alison must choose which of The Looking Glass' five employees will train her!
Will Alison stick with what she knows and remain a server? Will she a cut a new path as a cook's assistant? Will she wipe away her past burdens as a low-level dishwasher? Will Alison ever figure out what strange world she's in? Will she ever return to her old life?
Will she want to?
* 8 suitors
* Expressive animated characters
* 12 chapters for each Suitor's Main Story
* 3 possible endings per Main Story
* 3 chapter Epilogues for each Suitor
* 40+ hours of content across all stories
* ≈50,000 words per Main Story
* 300,000+ words across the whole game
* At least 6 CGs per Main Story
* Main character CG options
* 14 amazing tracks from Composer Geoff Moore
* 60+ beautiful backgrounds
* Episodic content
* Will be available for Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, and Android
Chibi Subaru: Project Director, Executive Producer, Writer, Conceptualizer
Justin V: Co-Writer, Editor, Art Editor, Background Concept Artist, GUI Button Artist, Logo Artist
Joe "Bonesy": Marketing & Advertising
kooriesque: Character Concept Artists
darkenmarr: Sprite and CG Artist, Logo Concept Artist
furude and lordless: BG Artist, GUI BG Artist
IchBinJager and Wolfborg: Programmer
Geoff Moore: Composer
Current word count: ≈266,000
Season 1: Epilogue
Season 1: Sequels
Sprites: ≈ 50% (For Demo: 95%) - Undergoing Redesign in Live2D
Backgrounds: 46/?? (For Demo: 100%)
In-Gameplay UI: 95%
Rest of GUI: 45%
1. Did the synopsis and summary intrigue you to play A Very Important Date?
2. Do you like the art style?
3. Which of our characters stand out to you?
4. How many CGs do you expect in a 12 chapter story?
5. What is your preferred platform for playing visual novels/otome games?
6. For mobile players: Is $3.99 USD per story an affordable price for your visual novel experience?
7. PC: If this was made into a PC game, how much would you be willing to pay for the game?
8. Other critiques, suggestions, questions?
1/1/2017 - New Song
12/28/2016 - Greenlit on Steam
12/11/2016 - New Kickstarter Tier
12/6/2016 - Progress Update
11/29/2016 - Greenlight Campaign starts!
11/28/2016 - Kickstarter Update + Upcoming Announcement
11/19/2016 - Third Kickstarter Update + Milestones
11/18/2016 - Second Kickstarter Update + Thunderclap
11/16/2016 - Kickstarter Started and Sprite Update
11/13/2016 - Demo 2.0 out for Windows and Mac
10/16/2016 - Introducing more characters
8/24/2016 - New Official Prologue Demo!
7/19/2016 - New music and Progress Report
5/27/2016 - News and new Demo
4/26/2016 - New Sprites for Gwyn and Alison (MC)
4/1/2016 - New Sprite for Sven
3/30/2016 - New Sprite for Harlan
3/29/2016 - New Sprites for Emil and Rory
1/22/2016 - Live Stream