XOXO Droplets [Comedy Otome Dating Sim][Free/Paid]08/31!

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Kikaharu
Regular

Re: XOXO Droplets [Dating Sim][Comedy, GxB][Commercial]DEMO!

#61 Post by Kikaharu »

Yes I also enjoyed FI: Interview (I think I played that one when it wasn't fully finished but you didn't think you would get around to finishing it. I am not 100% positive on if it was that game but I have a hunch if not eh but still was a good game.)

Anyways I actually stopped and didn't do more but I played the game some today. I loaded it and somehow I got past December 22nd even though the save wasn't a new play through so it magically fixed itself. I also didn't use a Swifty Taffy because I had to rest on Saturday didn't have a choice unless I went back farther and Sunday after you do a task it goes to the next day. But the same stuff was running as yesterday so I don't think it's my programs that froze it.

But hey it's working now. :3 I get to watch hot guys. I had two least favorite main characters at first just by looks Shiloh & Jeremy. Well Jeremy went to being someone who I want to go after. Two reasons one how he "stalked" Everett around all day and by what type of piercing he would have. Also I laughed so hard about the piercing. XD Like his reactions and his quirky smirk, those actions made me intrigued. So now I am curious if Shiloh will also intrigue me.

Everett is almost tied in first place with Bae. I can't decide which one is in first place. Then there is Nate (who I'm going to have events happen with next time through). He is sneaking up behind them like creeping. He's just there but his attitude and hotness is like hey hey look at me talk to me yeahh. XD Then Pran would be next but that could easily change with Jeremy considering I haven't had much happen with Pran yet so he is in the spot just because of looks. Then Jeremy and Shiloh. Though their rating are all over the place if you include all the characters even once you can't date. Adrian is always in front of Kam until I go after him. XD Even though Adrian well he is just who he is I like him more, could just be his looks. I will say when I first saw him in the game I wanted his booty in my hands.

Can't wait until the full game is out. :)

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: https://gbpatch.itch.io/
Projects: Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Organization: GB Patch Games
Tumblr: gb-patch
itch: gbpatch

#62 Post by Googaboga »

@Kikaharu
Yeah, FI: Interview lost its original sprite artist so I released an incomplete version. I do remembering you playing it. Later on we ended up with two nice artists who provided the remaining pieces we needed to release a full version of the game.

That's great! I'm glad you can continue with the demo :]. And I'll still be looking into it just in case there's a snag somewhere.

Haha, thanks for letting me know. It was fun reading your progression with the characters. If you don't mind, I'd be interested in knowing your standings after you've played all you want to play of the demo.
In-Progress:
Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Released:
A Foretold Affair, My Magical Divorce Bureau, XOXO Droplets, Lake of Voices

Kikaharu
Regular

#63 Post by Kikaharu »

Well my third play through and again December 22 it freezes. The second play through it didn't happen with though so I am confused as to if it's a specific thing causing it to freeze or if it is just a random event that happens.

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran

#64 Post by Googaboga »

@Kikaharu
Sorry for a late reply. I don't know how I missed this >>.

That is very curious indeed. We haven't had much time to look into it, but we'll definitely do whatever we can to sort it out before we release an updated version of the demo.
In-Progress:
Released:

gentletentacles
Tumblr: gawktopus

#65 Post by gentletentacles »

Hey! Whoever runs your Twitter account has already encountered me. :p I've done some livetweeting/liveblogging (on tumblr; it's all in the xoxo droplets tag! I apologize in advance for my immense amounts of swearing and perhaps less than polite remarks regarding Bae) of my time so far playing the demo. Guess I'll start with the given questions.

On a scale of thrilled to really thrilled, how do feel about this project? I'M SO HYPE. I was a little wary going into the demo because I wasn't sure if I would love or hate the premise, but I definitely ended up loving it. Very excited to see the full game!

If we twisted your arm behind your back and just demanded you choose between all these astounding characters, who would you pick as your favorite(s) so far?
Ooohhhh... I wanna say maaaayyyybe Jeremy? He's such a downer, but he's adorable (cute smile! Cute pout!), and I love him. If we went to school together, I'd probably hang around him all the time because I... take an awful pleasure in being happy and ruining the miserable atmospheres around such cute and perpetually cynical boys. I also love his game suggestion on the library date because I love books and analyzing them and omg. We'd be the weirdest pair. Oh and I really hope he goes to a therapist someday because he sounds like he needs it.

I think y'all did a fantastic job balancing how insufferable MC and her groupmates could be without making them completely unlikable or irredeemable to players or maybe even some people in-universe who aren't as jerky as them, if that makes sense? For instance, I went into the demo expecting MC to be RUDE. AF and just totally awful... and in playing, she's a sass and kinda shallow, but I still enjoy her. She's really funny. And I don't know if it was intentional, but the boys all have their good traits (besides being attractive), too. It's a nice and frustrating balance that I don't experience in other more uniformly fluffy dating sims that gloss over bad traits. I think the inclusion of Nate is really great, too, because when a lot of people think chronically unfriendable, they don't think about the guy who does EVERYTHING (also wow he has such a nice smile). I feel a little pity for him because it seems like his workaholism could really wear on his health if he doesn't balance himself... And I also hope that the full game explores his friendship with Everett some (their flashbacks in Nate's intro events were PRICELESS) as well as Pran and Jeremy's friendship. I'm REALLY intrigued by the latter. If the game doesn't... well, I will just write copious amounts of fanfiction about these buttfaces. Which I'm probably going to do anyway tbh.

I also want to give a special shoutout to Bae for being my first hatecrush ever. He reminds me a little of an old friend (or so I thought) of mine from high school even though they're condescending and awful in... different ways. Bae's a lot less subtle and less likely to even pretend to be your friend to get what he wants, which makes him more tolerable in one way but more unbearable in another. But. He's. So. Hot. That smirk. Those cute hairpins. His fashion sense in general. And I haven't been to the daycare yet, but when I saw he worked there, it totally clicked that he'd be good with kids (and it's been hinted at that he's rather family-oriented), and I'm so MAD because that's ALSO attractive. Like and if I existed in this world I'm sure Bae would fricking KNOW I find him insanely attractive despite hating him (because I am a sensitive and gentle soul unlike MC) and would probably CONSTANTLY MOCK ME FOR IT OMFG WHICH WOULD JUST MAKE ME MORE ATTRACTED TO HIM IN THE ANGRIEST SENSE POSSIBLE BECAUSE I WOULD JUST WANT TO... CONQUER HIM. AND THINGS. My feelings about Bae are a giant can of worms that are improper to have about a character in a T-rated game. I am so sorry. (I just saw his shocked face in the event intros, and it is so. Satisfying. Like yeah. Get caught off guard. Screw you.) (Also holy BALLS I was wondering if those glasses were prescription. His family must be pretty well off because good frames and prescription lenses are expensive...)

Oh oh oh and I also really love Lynn. I understand WHY you can't romance him, but that doesn't make me want to any less.

Is there anything specific you'd like to see in the game's updates? I think someone posted a review mentioning this, but I'd love to be able to make more decisions within conversations with the boys + feel like my interactions beyond which ones I decide to talk to are making an impact on their feelings toward me. I think more meaningful character interaction throughout the week would be cool, too. Like what actually happens when I choose to sit with a particular clique or a certain boy during lunch (I sit with Jeremy a lot but have only gotten one lunch convo between us)? What do I text them about if I text them on the weekends? I'd looovvvvvvvvveeeee to see that stuff fleshed out, and just more meat added to the week in general, so that it's a little more than just choosing where to sit, how to react to cliques, and an MC comment here and there.

Any questions, comments, expectations, whatever? Several comments and questions in no particular order:

I'm also experiencing the December freezing glitch. For me, it can begin as early as the twelfth, and if I use the Swifty Taffy, I freeze when I try to interact with anything on the next weekend. I only have one save file so far, but I'll be trying again soon to see if it affects all of mine or if Jeremy hates me so much that he's freezing my attempts to love him. The game also told me I had some sort of error while going through the tutorial in the "more" menu, but I'm not totally sure what, and it hamper going through the tutorial at all.

What, beyond not fitting in well enough with the student body, can trigger a game over?

I'm really loving the game's racial/ethnic diversity because so many VNs are very racially homogeneous. All the character designs are lovely; they feel like they belong together artistically without being too same-y. PRAISE YOU FOR INCLUDING SO MANY OUTFITS; minimal outfits in media is one of my biggest pet peeves. Also, I will never ever get over how Pran looks kinda like Xemnas from Kingdom Hearts and Jeremy looks like (and acts just a tad like) humanized Nageki Fujishiro from Hatoful Boyfriend. No idea if it was intentional, but Pran's resemblance to Xemnas was one of the first things that drew me to the game when I saw a post about it on tumblr like I WANNA DATE XEMNAS IN A PASTEL SWEATER OMFG. The boys' themes from when you first talk to them one on one (and I think they show up sometimes afterward, but I'm bad at keeping track) are great and really suiting. I think they all give a great suggestion of what the boys are like, and I think Pran's especially gives you a sense of his personality despite his refusal to open up.

Shiloh's everywhere freckles are perfect, and while I haven't spoken much on him here, I really like him. He's a cutie, and I'm terrified of pursuing more events with him because eventually his supposed lying tendencies might shatter my adoration of him.

And I think last one! Since the blog specifically for XOXO Droplets was erased (RIP), will the bios, full references, and other screenshots and stuff ever become available on the GB patch blog?

I can't wait to hear more about the game development + for the full game to be out! I'll definitely be buying the full version because that's where two of my fave boys are, but I might have to wait until it's on sale because I'm broke. :p

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran

#66 Post by Googaboga »

gentletentacles wrote:Hey! Whoever runs your Twitter account has already encountered me. :p I've done some livetweeting/liveblogging (on tumblr; it's all in the xoxo droplets tag! I apologize in advance for my immense amounts of swearing and perhaps less than polite remarks regarding Bae) of my time so far playing the demo. Guess I'll start with the given questions.
Hello again. I run all of the social media pages, so I was the who replied to you on Twitter before. I also saw your posts on tumblr. It was very entertaining to read through! And I'm really flattered you made Jeremy your avatar >v<.
gentletentacles wrote:I'M SO HYPE. I was a little wary going into the demo because I wasn't sure if I would love or hate the premise, but I definitely ended up loving it. Very excited to see the full game!
Thank you :mrgreen:. I'm glad you gave it a try!
gentletentacles wrote:Ooohhhh... I wanna say maaaayyyybe Jeremy? He's such a downer, but he's adorable (cute smile! Cute pout!), and I love him. If we went to school together, I'd probably hang around him all the time because I... take an awful pleasure in being happy and ruining the miserable atmospheres around such cute and perpetually cynical boys. I also love his game suggestion on the library date because I love books and analyzing them and omg. We'd be the weirdest pair. Oh and I really hope he goes to a therapist someday because he sounds like he needs it.
Hehe, cool. The MC also has a good time refusing to just let Jeremy wallow in his own misery. And it's nice that someone can appreciate his sense of 'fun' :lol:.

Him possibly needing therapy does come up in the game at one point. One could probably guess how he responds to the idea.

Nate and Jeremy are my personal favorites~
gentletentacles wrote:I think y'all did a fantastic job balancing how insufferable MC and her groupmates could be without making them completely unlikable or irredeemable to players or maybe even some people in-universe who aren't as jerky as them, if that makes sense? For instance, I went into the demo expecting MC to be RUDE. AF and just totally awful... and in playing, she's a sass and kinda shallow, but I still enjoy her. She's really funny. And I don't know if it was intentional, but the boys all have their good traits (besides being attractive), too. It's a nice and frustrating balance that I don't experience in other more uniformly fluffy dating sims that gloss over bad traits.

Thank you! Sometimes I worry that she isn't jerky enough to live up to the game's promise and sometimes I worry she's too unkind (especially to the love interests), so it's always nice to hear that the balance worked out ^^.

And, yep, yep. I did want the guys to have positive traits. It wouldn't have been nearly as enjoyable to make them totally lousy, I think. Plus having something good inside them to latch onto makes for a more interesting experience, even if it means sometimes you really wish you could totally hate a guy but just can't bring yourself to fully do it, aha.
gentletentacles wrote:I think the inclusion of Nate is really great, too, because when a lot of people think chronically unfriendable, they don't think about the guy who does EVERYTHING (also wow he has such a nice smile). I feel a little pity for him because it seems like his workaholism could really wear on his health if he doesn't balance himself...

I'm happy you noticed. Nate's not really a usual suspect but, ironically, Mr. perfectionist was a perfect fit for the dynamic of the group.

True, he tends to go overboard. Having people like Everett and the MC hang around is actually helpful for him. They both are quite good at lowering his stress over the things that hit him the hardest, at the cost of making him frustrated over something lesser, of course.
gentletentacles wrote:And I also hope that the full game explores his friendship with Everett some (their flashbacks in Nate's intro events were PRICELESS) as well as Pran and Jeremy's friendship. I'm REALLY intrigued by the latter. If the game doesn't... well, I will just write copious amounts of fanfiction about these buttfaces. Which I'm probably going to do anyway tbh.
It does! In the full game there are 'mini-stories', which are a set of three dates at the same location that have a cohesive theme and/or story that is continued each time you go there. There's a mini-story for Nate and Everett's history as well a mini-story for Jeremy and Pran's. Not to get your hopes up too high, but the history of Jeremy and Pran is very well liked by those who know the full info so far.

I certainly still wanna read any fanfiction you come up for them though >w<.

And speaking of Everett and Nate, I saw your post on tumblr where you mentioned seeing those two as a plausible ship. I can say something about that.
That's an on point opinion. Everett is bi, no doubt about it. Nate assumes he's straight since that's how it usually is, but is currently too afraid of romance/intimacy/physical contact to make any kind of informed judgment call on his preference. He most likely would lean towards women, but could be with any person who made him feel secure. So, yeah, it really wouldn't be much of a stretch to see them having an attraction towards each other.

Although to be completely honest, in the game Everett's preoccupied with a hatecrush of his own on a different guy, aha.
gentletentacles wrote:I also want to give a special shoutout to Bae for being my first hatecrush ever. He reminds me a little of an old friend (or so I thought) of mine from high school even though they're condescending and awful in... different ways. Bae's a lot less subtle and less likely to even pretend to be your friend to get what he wants, which makes him more tolerable in one way but more unbearable in another. But. He's. So. Hot. That smirk. Those cute hairpins. His fashion sense in general. And I haven't been to the daycare yet, but when I saw he worked there, it totally clicked that he'd be good with kids (and it's been hinted at that he's rather family-oriented), and I'm so MAD because that's ALSO attractive. Like and if I existed in this world I'm sure Bae would fricking KNOW I find him insanely attractive despite hating him (because I am a sensitive and gentle soul unlike MC) and would probably CONSTANTLY MOCK ME FOR IT OMFG WHICH WOULD JUST MAKE ME MORE ATTRACTED TO HIM IN THE ANGRIEST SENSE POSSIBLE BECAUSE I WOULD JUST WANT TO... CONQUER HIM. AND THINGS. My feelings about Bae are a giant can of worms that are improper to have about a character in a T-rated game. I am so sorry. (I just saw his shocked face in the event intros, and it is so. Satisfying. Like yeah. Get caught off guard. Screw you.)

:lol:

Bae would be very flattered to know he's gotten such a reaction out of someone. He loves when people get upset over how he acts, especially if they still like him to degree. That's pretty much exactly what he hopes for. The only other thing needed would be for you to also think he was intelligent and/or talented, then it'd be perfect for feeling good about himself and enjoying someone else's frustration. And it's true, he would be extremely condescending and smug over your situation and wouldn't bother trying to hide it if you met in real life. He's a prick like that.
gentletentacles wrote:(Also holy BALLS I was wondering if those glasses were prescription. His family must be pretty well off because good frames and prescription lenses are expensive...)
Bae indeed comes from quite a bit of money. He's veeeery humble though, so he tends not to bring it up. When it comes to the wealthiness of the main characters' families, it goes as such (from richest to least richest);
Bae
Nate
Everett
MC
Jeremy
Shiloh

Pran is either at the very top or the very bottom, depending on how you measure his family's wealth.
His parents are pretty much completely broke, but his grandparents on his mom's side are richy rich. They pay for basically everything in his life (though he refuses as much of it as possible) and would get him anything he wanted if he asked, so you could consider him the wealthiest.
gentletentacles wrote:Oh oh oh and I also really love Lynn. I understand WHY you can't romance him, but that doesn't make me want to any less.
Haha, sorry that about :'D. It is kind of sucky of us to add a genuinely thoughtful and cute guy to that asshole group and have him be the one person you can't pursue. But I selfishly couldn't bring myself to make him different than I initially imagined, even after I realized people could be sad he's not a romance option.
gentletentacles wrote:I think someone posted a review mentioning this, but I'd love to be able to make more decisions within conversations with the boys + feel like my interactions beyond which ones I decide to talk to are making an impact on their feelings toward me.
You're right. There was a recent review mentioning that. There is an explanation for that not being a thing. The MC is meant to be a jerk, it would go against the point of the game if you had to choose nice choices to get closer to the guys. But, on the other hand, it would be too questionable to make it so choosing jerky choices over kinder choices is what made a dude like you more. And even if we tried to have choices that were both jerky but one seemed more correct to say in the context, we still didn't feel right about it because you're meant to be to do, basically, whatever you wanted. Having right/wrong choices would've put a damper on that spirit v.v.

Because of that, we decided that dialog choices would not effect how much the characters liked the MC, it would just give you different conversations.

So why aren't there choices in the dates that just change the conversation? That's because there was another goal we had in mind for the game; avoid repetition as much as possible. In the entire game, the only time you can get repeating dialog is with those weekly comments from the MC. The one said is chosen at random, so there's a chance you could get the same one. However, there are 50 of them to diminish that chance.

We don't want a way for people to make an entire conversation repeat. We'd like each interaction to be something new. That's why dates events can't be redone. Since they can't be redone, having choices would be a pain. You'd either have to save/reload every time to see both options or accept that there's content you just won't get to see. It's not that big a deal in the group events, since you automatically go through those every time you play through the game anyways. Adding choices there makes replaying a little more interesting.

We might, maybe, add choices that have a very brief effect on date conversation if people really want a chance to impact those, but we don't have too much time to add additional words and there's other things that could be added.
gentletentacles wrote:I think more meaningful character interaction throughout the week would be cool, too. Like what actually happens when I choose to sit with a particular clique or a certain boy during lunch (I sit with Jeremy a lot but have only gotten one lunch convo between us)? What do I text them about if I text them on the weekends? I'd looovvvvvvvvveeeee to see that stuff fleshed out, and just more meat added to the week in general, so that it's a little more than just choosing where to sit, how to react to cliques, and an MC comment here and there.
I do want to add something to spice up the weeks a bit. But whatever it is will need a lot of variations to make sure it's not constantly repeating after awhile. Since we likely will only have time to add one thing, it's hard to decide.

We might have a poll about it at some point. Let the players decide if we add brief choices to dates, or brief text conversations, or if you can get little off hand comments by the guys instead of just the MC throughout the week, or whatever.
gentletentacles wrote:I'm also experiencing the December freezing glitch. For me, it can begin as early as the twelfth, and if I use the Swifty Taffy, I freeze when I try to interact with anything on the next weekend. I only have one save file so far, but I'll be trying again soon to see if it affects all of mine or if Jeremy hates me so much that he's freezing my attempts to love him. The game also told me I had some sort of error while going through the tutorial in the "more" menu, but I'm not totally sure what, and it hamper going through the tutorial at all.
Thanks for telling us! We haven't found anything yet, but we'll definitely keep looking into it. Maybe it does have something to do with pursuing certain guys/getting certain events since it seems to only happen sometimes.

And if you remember anything about tutorial error, do let us know.
gentletentacles wrote:What, beyond not fitting in well enough with the student body, can trigger a game over?
Nothin'. All you gotta do to stay in the game is not have basically the whole of the student body think you suck.
gentletentacles wrote:I'm really loving the game's racial/ethnic diversity because so many VNs are very racially homogeneous. All the character designs are lovely; they feel like they belong together artistically without being too same-y. PRAISE YOU FOR INCLUDING SO MANY OUTFITS; minimal outfits in media is one of my biggest pet peeves.
Thanks very much, haha. I really have trouble getting into casts that all have basically the same skin tone, so that's definitely not something you'll find in the games we make. And, yes, the more outfits the better! I originally wanted 12 casual outfits for each guy, but we just didn't have the time to finish them all. Someday I'll have to post the sketches of the poor outfits that got cut from the full version of the game.
gentletentacles wrote:Also, I will never ever get over how Pran looks kinda like Xemnas from Kingdom Hearts and Jeremy looks like (and acts just a tad like) humanized Nageki Fujishiro from Hatoful Boyfriend. No idea if it was intentional, but Pran's resemblance to Xemnas was one of the first things that drew me to the game when I saw a post about it on tumblr like I WANNA DATE XEMNAS IN A PASTEL SWEATER OMFG. The boys' themes from when you first talk to them one on one (and I think they show up sometimes afterward, but I'm bad at keeping track) are great and really suiting. I think they all give a great suggestion of what the boys are like, and I think Pran's especially gives you a sense of his personality despite his refusal to open up.
Most of the characters were just traits I liked that got jammed together. Pran, however, was the only one directly inspired by an already existing character. The character is Amir from Harvest Moon: Grand Bazaar.
http://hm9-cdn.fogu.com/amir.jpg

I can see what you mean about Xemnas though, haha. As for the Jeremy comparison, I've had Hatoful Boyfriend sitting in Steam for ages but have never gotten around to playing it, so I'm afraid I don't know who Nageki Fujishiro is >>.
gentletentacles wrote:Shiloh's everywhere freckles are perfect, and while I haven't spoken much on him here, I really like him. He's a cutie, and I'm terrified of pursuing more events with him because eventually his supposed lying tendencies might shatter my adoration of him.
Yeah, he's a bit of a heart breaker in his own way. But one of the reasons he's in the game is to give people a little joy, if they're willing to ignore/look past his less savory implications that is.
gentletentacles wrote:And I think last one! Since the blog specifically for XOXO Droplets was erased (RIP), will the bios, full references, and other screenshots and stuff ever become available on the GB patch blog?
The full references were re-posted on the GB Patch blog a few weeks backs and we post screenshots every now and then. I will get around to reposting the bios and links to those Cloud Novel events as well, but likely not until next month. This month is mostly about A Foretold Affair (which will release soon) and Floret Bond (which was just announced)~
gentletentacles wrote:I can't wait to hear more about the game development + for the full game to be out! I'll definitely be buying the full version because that's where two of my fave boys are, but I might have to wait until it's on sale because I'm broke. :p
Thank you very much! It really means a lot that you've enjoyed the game enough to talk about it and give us such a long response. We hope you'll have even more fun with the full game when it's ready :mrgreen: <3
In-Progress:
Released:

gentletentacles
Tumblr: gawktopus

#67 Post by gentletentacles »

Googaboga wrote:Hello again. I run all of the social media pages, so I was the who replied to you on Twitter before. I also saw your posts on tumblr. It was very entertaining to read through! And I'm really flattered you made Jeremy your avatar >v<.
I'm glad you enjoyed my nonsense yelling about your boys. I love them. And I'll probably eventually end up making flower crown edits for all the main characters because I taught myself how to do it for Jeremy and had way too much fun. Plus I like screenshotting the characters' expressions. I have a whole bunch of Jeremy and Bae already because Jeremy's always cute + Bae's grumpiness sustains me.
Googaboga wrote:Hehe, cool. The MC also has a good time refusing to just let Jeremy wallow in his own misery. And it's nice that someone can appreciate his sense of 'fun' :lol:.

Him possibly needing therapy does come up in the game at one point. One could probably guess how he responds to the idea.

Nate and Jeremy are my personal favorites~
Ooohhhh maybe that's why I like MC! She and I are alike in the relentless you're-gonna-friggin'-interact-with-me-because-I-say-so department. I really love how she takes all the shenanigans surrounding her in stride and makes the best of it and envy the level of composure she keeps with the boys. It's like they all set out to have oppressive atmospheres and wear everybody down, and it doesn't seem to get to her at all. It's super admirable.

I can only hope that someday he'll give it a shot. Or get a freaking outlet. Pran should teach him to art.

I find that funny because I'm, like, Nate, Jeremy, and Lynn in a blender, but... HEALTHIER Nate and Jeremy (nowadays, anyway). I worry about them so much because I was a self-destructive gloomy defeatist perfectionist (TERRIBLE MIX) in high school, and I just want them to be happy. I'm not sure if I'll pursue Nate or Shiloh's events next. I just got as far as I could with Bae, and I don't know if I can do him and Nate in a row because they're the only two I would find intimidating irl. And that sucks because it seems like Nate is semi-frustrated by how people perceive him as so cold... I mean, on one level, they're not wrong, but it seems like he'd really appreciate it if someone plowed through to stand by him.
Googaboga wrote:Thank you! Sometimes I worry that she isn't jerky enough to live up to the game's promise and sometimes I worry she's too unkind (especially to the love interests), so it's always nice to hear that the balance worked out ^^.

And, yep, yep. I did want the guys to have positive traits. It wouldn't have been nearly as enjoyable to make them totally lousy, I think. Plus having something good inside them to latch onto makes for a more interesting experience, even if it means sometimes you really wish you could totally hate a guy but just can't bring yourself to fully do it, aha.
If there were a chart plotting teenage girls by levels of unkindness, I don't feel like MC would be a strong outlier. She's crass, but she's generally fine (if maybe a little irreverent) to Lynn and Alicia, and her strategy with Jeremy comes off less as jerky and more... morbidly fascinated tough love because oh-my-God-he's-such-a-downer-BUT-I-WILL-MAKE-HIM-HAVE-FUN-WITH-ME. She's been mean to Bae, but he deserves it. Going by what I saw in the intro events, I think if I'm gonna think she's too mean to anybody, it might be Shiloh. Who may or may not even be upset by it. I think his events are going to surprise me.

It makes for an experience where I want to bang my head off the keyboard because I know these characters could grow into well-adjusted human beings with a lot of support and work. Which reminds me, I really loved the meeting where they had to list their positive attributes because it was totally something you do in therapy. The meetings feel like extremely reluctant group therapy sessions to me, AND I LOVE IT. Now if only those self-esteem exercises helped them much...
Googaboga wrote:It does! In the full game there are 'mini-stories', which are a set of three dates at the same location that have a cohesive theme and/or story that is continued each time you go there. There's a mini-story for Nate and Everett's history as well a mini-story for Jeremy and Pran's. Not to get your hopes up too high, but the history of Jeremy and Pran is very well liked by those who know the full info so far.

I certainly still wanna read any fanfiction you come up for them though >w<.
AW SWEET BABY JESUS YES, BACKSTORY. Anything with Jeremy and Pran sounds like it has to be either weirdly cute (or at least fits into things that make me go "awwwwwww") or hilarious. I'm so pleased by their friendship. Oh, and I also love how the two friendship pairs leave Bae and Shiloh as the outliers, especially considering Shiloh repeatedly says he likes Bae, and while the others say this is a lie, I'm going to believe it as long as I can because I find their dynamic interesting. Either that or Shiloh has a burning hatred for Bae that he masks by repeating that he likes him. Both sound fun.

I haven't written fic in YEARS, but this game is a goldmine of ideas. So much to work with!
Googaboga wrote:And speaking of Everett and Nate, I saw your post on tumblr where you mentioned seeing those two as a plausible ship. I can say something about that.
Oh my God I feel Nate in my soul. Romance is horrifying. And I LOVE BI EVERETT. I've barely touched on Everett in these posts, but conversations with him are always fun. He's just so... melodramatic. We're both tiny bi fashion freaks with pottymouths. And we could also commiserate on our TERRIBLE HATECRUSHES TOGETHER and he can judge me for liking the AntiChrist and I will honestly let him because I'm judging me too and I CAN'T WAIT TO FIND OUT WHO HIS HATECRUSH IS.
Googaboga wrote::lol:

Bae would be very flattered to know he's gotten such a reaction out of someone. He loves when people get upset over how he acts, especially if they still like him to degree. That's pretty much exactly what he hopes for. The only other thing needed would be for you to also think he was intelligent and/or talented, then it'd be perfect for feeling good about himself and enjoying someone else's frustration. And it's true, he would be extremely condescending and smug over your situation and wouldn't bother trying to hide it if you met in real life. He's a prick like that.
I KNOW THIS SORT OF REACTION IS EXACTLY WHAT HE WANTS, AND IT KILLS ME. And I do think he's intelligent. It's the worst. I've spent an unreasonable amount of time over the last couple days trying to figure out how I could get the upper hand on this stupid! Fictional! Boy! I'm convinced that I could get on fine, maybe with some effort, with any of the boys except Bae. And I hate it when people treat me as lesser than them, so I'd feel like I had to one-up him all the time and prove my worth and just ignore or blithely play off all his condescension (I'm not like MC; I can't just make it a sass war) and do my best to fluster him constantly. I want to see his composure break; I want to see what happens when he doesn't know what to do with a girl (or guy, whatever floats his boat). It'll probably be ugly, but SO SATISFYING. I went on a giant rant about it to one of my friends this afternoon, and he was kinda just "you're/that's freaky and horrifying and I can't even." I'm so glad this is fictional and not real because I couldn't deal with this nonsense irl.

Oh, and I went on the cafeteria date with him and PFFFTTTTTT THE DISTRESS ON HIS FACE WHEN IT COMES TO PHYSICAL ACTIVITY. IT GIVES ME LIFE. Srsly though someone bring that boy dinner on the weekdays. He's gonna wither away.
Googaboga wrote:Bae indeed comes from quite a bit of money. He's veeeery humble though, so he tends not to bring it up. When it comes to the wealthiness of the main characters' families, it goes as such (from richest to least richest);
Bae
Nate
Everett
MC
Jeremy
Shiloh

Pran is either at the very top or the very bottom, depending on how you measure his family's wealth.
He doesn't NEED to bring it up; we can all tell just by looking at him. And I figured he either had to be super wealthy or a scholarship student trying to appear more affluent, but finding out the glasses are prescription definitely cemented him into rich af. Tad surprised to see Nate toward the top, though. Not sure why.
Googaboga wrote:You're right. There was a recent review mentioning that. There is an explanation for that not being a thing. The MC is meant to be a jerk, it would go against the point of the game if you had to choose nice choices to get closer to the guys. But, on the other hand, it would be too questionable to make it so choosing jerky choices over kinder choices is what made a dude like you more. And even if we tried to have choices that were both jerky but one seemed more correct to say in the context, we still didn't feel right about it because you're meant to be to do, basically, whatever you wanted. Having right/wrong choices would've put a damper on that spirit v.v.

Because of that, we decided that dialog choices would not effect how much the characters liked the MC, it would just give you different conversations.

So why aren't there choices in the dates that just change the conversation? That's because there was another goal we had in mind for the game; avoid repetition as much as possible. In the entire game, the only time you can get repeating dialog is with those weekly comments from the MC. The one said is chosen at random, so there's a chance you could get the same one. However, there are 50 of them to diminish that chance.

We don't want a way for people to make an entire conversation repeat. We'd like each interaction to be something new. That's why dates events can't be redone. Since they can't be redone, having choices would be a pain. You'd either have to save/reload every time to see both options or accept that there's content you just won't get to see. It's not that big a deal in the group events, since you automatically go through those every time you play through the game anyways. Adding choices there makes replaying a little more interesting.

We might, maybe, add choices that have a very brief effect on date conversation if people really want a chance to impact those, but we don't have too much time to add additional words and there's other things that could be added.
That makes a lot of sense once you explain it, and the streamlining seems like a good idea considering the game spans a pretty lengthy amount of time. Also I just got the comment from MC about Jeremy falling asleep in class, and it made my day.
Googaboga wrote:I do want to add something to spice up the weeks a bit. But whatever it is will need a lot of variations to make sure it's not constantly repeating after awhile. Since we likely will only have time to add one thing, it's hard to decide.

We might have a poll about it at some point. Let the players decide if we add brief choices to dates, or brief text conversations, or if you can get little off hand comments by the guys instead of just the MC throughout the week, or whatever.
Brief text convos or comments from the guys throughout the week would be BEAUTIFUL. The characters all shine so much! Show them off as much as possible! :p
Googaboga wrote:Thanks for telling us! We haven't found anything yet, but we'll definitely keep looking into it. Maybe it does have something to do with pursuing certain guys/getting certain events since it seems to only happen sometimes.

And if you remember anything about tutorial error, do let us know.
Bae did it to me, too! :( My playthrough focusing around him froze exactly on the twentysecond. Oh and btw the corner calendar says "22th" instead of "22nd," in case you didn't see. But you probably did.

I took a screenshot of it tutorial error and will be attaching it! Something about a float being required. I get it in the "basics" section of that, but I can run through the rest of the tutorial fine.
Googaboga wrote:Thanks very much, haha. I really have trouble getting into casts that all have basically the same skin tone, so that's definitely not something you'll find in the games we make. And, yes, the more outfits the better! I originally wanted 12 casual outfits for each guy, but we just didn't have the time to finish them all. Someday I'll have to post the sketches of the poor outfits that got cut from the full version of the game.
I can do it, but it's always a plus for me because I so rarely see my ethnicity (half-Filipina, half-Caucasian) represented; heck, I barely see my entire RACE (well... one of my two) represented beyond token characters sometimes. So I really appreciate the inclusion of Pran, Bae, and Kam (maybe Adrian? Not sure if South Asian or black tbh; I am bad at guessing) and the names of varying origin throughout the school. And I'm sure once the game is out there'll be a lot of fanart of the boys in all sorts of outfits. All my favorite male characters (and my friends) are my dressup dolls for outfits that I can't wear lol.
Googaboga wrote:Most of the characters were just traits I liked that got jammed together. Pran, however, was the only one directly inspired by an already existing character. The character is Amir from Harvest Moon: Grand Bazaar.
http://hm9-cdn.fogu.com/amir.jpg

I can see what you mean about Xemnas though, haha. As for the Jeremy comparison, I've had Hatoful Boyfriend sitting in Steam for ages but have never gotten around to playing it, so I'm afraid I don't know who Nageki Fujishiro is >>.
Ah! I've always wanted to play Harvest Moon! And omgomgomg Hatoful is one of my favorite VNs because it's as silly as you would expect yet SO MUCH MORE than that. Definitely recommend it if you ever have the time. Jeremy looks a LOT like Nageki. Same hair and eye color, similar hair styles (Nageki's is longer), both small, both kinda depressing bookish characters, both two of my faves.
Googaboga wrote:The full references were re-posted on the GB Patch blog a few weeks backs and we post screenshots every now and then. I will get around to reposting the bios and links to those Cloud Novel events as well, but likely not until next month. This month is mostly about A Foretold Affair (which will release soon) and Floret Bond (which was just announced)~
Oh, silly me. I found the full refs. Thanks! And oooohhhh I didn't know Foretold Affair was coming out so soon! I'll be following it + keeping an eye out for news on Steam. And in the meantime, I'll let you know if the demo bugs anymore or magically fixes itself for me! Thanks for responding and listening to (well, reading through) my messy rambles about your characters and how attached to them I already am lololol.
Attachments
tutorial bug
tutorial bug

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran

#68 Post by Googaboga »

gentletentacles wrote:I'm glad you enjoyed my nonsense yelling about your boys. I love them. And I'll probably eventually end up making flower crown edits for all the main characters because I taught myself how to do it for Jeremy and had way too much fun. Plus I like screenshotting the characters' expressions. I have a whole bunch of Jeremy and Bae already because Jeremy's always cute + Bae's grumpiness sustains me.
Hehe, I’d like to see them if you do! Well, I’m glad you’re enjoying them, even if it is their displeasure that you have fun with, aha.
gentletentacles wrote:Ooohhhh maybe that's why I like MC! She and I are alike in the relentless you're-gonna-friggin'-interact-with-me-because-I-say-so department. I really love how she takes all the shenanigans surrounding her in stride and makes the best of it and envy the level of composure she keeps with the boys. It's like they all set out to have oppressive atmospheres and wear everybody down, and it doesn't seem to get to her at all. It's super admirable.

I can only hope that someday he'll give it a shot. Or get a freaking outlet. Pran should teach him to art.
The MC is kind of unique in that way. People like Everett, Bae, and Pran actively make things worse and people like Nate and Jeremy do just as a byproduct of how they are, but the MC is able to have a similar amount of negative traits/be pretty genuinely unfriendable and still improve the mood of most situations. She doesn’t like feeling down so she very intentionally doesn’t allow situations to be unpleasant for her. At the end of the day it’s all self-motivated, but I agree that it’s admirable how she’s able to put a positive spin on everything.

Possibly he will. And he does have a hobby that’s somewhat of an outlet for him :>. It’s not brought up in the demo though.
gentletentacles wrote:I find that funny because I'm, like, Nate, Jeremy, and Lynn in a blender, but... HEALTHIER Nate and Jeremy (nowadays, anyway). I worry about them so much because I was a self-destructive gloomy defeatist perfectionist (TERRIBLE MIX) in high school, and I just want them to be happy. I'm not sure if I'll pursue Nate or Shiloh's events next. I just got as far as I could with Bae, and I don't know if I can do him and Nate in a row because they're the only two I would find intimidating irl. And that sucks because it seems like Nate is semi-frustrated by how people perceive him as so cold... I mean, on one level, they're not wrong, but it seems like he'd really appreciate it if someone plowed through to stand by him.
Aaw. The events of the game do make most of the characters happy, in their own weird ways.

You’re right. Nate is happy people don’t approach him too often, but he’s not pleased about why. He doesn’t like being intimidating to others, he wants to be seen as a ‘normal’ guy. Part of that is because it’s not his goal to upset people or to be ‘above’ them, buuut part of it is also because he wants his standards of quality to be what everyone strives for, not for him to be an exception for trying that hard/taking things so seriously, aha.
If I had to pick, I would say Nate is the guy who values his relationship with the MC the most if they get together. He doesn't find romance to be casually fun or do things flippantly. It has to mean something or it won't happen.
gentletentacles wrote:If there were a chart plotting teenage girls by levels of unkindness, I don't feel like MC would be a strong outlier. She's crass, but she's generally fine (if maybe a little irreverent) to Lynn and Alicia, and her strategy with Jeremy comes off less as jerky and more... morbidly fascinated tough love because oh-my-God-he's-such-a-downer-BUT-I-WILL-MAKE-HIM-HAVE-FUN-WITH-ME. She's been mean to Bae, but he deserves it. Going by what I saw in the intro events, I think if I'm gonna think she's too mean to anybody, it might be Shiloh. Who may or may not even be upset by it. I think his events are going to surprise me.
Good to know she’s not terrible. Being very self-absorbed is probably her biggest issue, I think. She tends to play that off in an amusing way, but sometimes it’s annoying the way she’s so concerned with that she wants. Oh well, if she was charming all the time she wouldn't be right for the game~

Shiloh is weird that way. He’s really the only guy people have had different interpretations of so far. That’s fine with me. I don’t intend to ever describe the ‘correct’ way to view him/his actions.
gentletentacles wrote:It makes for an experience where I want to bang my head off the keyboard because I know these characters could grow into well-adjusted human beings with a lot of support and work. Which reminds me, I really loved the meeting where they had to list their positive attributes because it was totally something you do in therapy. The meetings feel like extremely reluctant group therapy sessions to me, AND I LOVE IT. Now if only those self-esteem exercises helped them much...
Lynn is the same way. He very much believes they could be well-adjusted adults with effort and guidance. And maybe you two are right. I personally like to imagine they will get their act together once they’re somewhat older, but you won’t see too much of that in this game ‘:].
gentletentacles wrote:AW SWEET BABY JESUS YES, BACKSTORY. Anything with Jeremy and Pran sounds like it has to be either weirdly cute (or at least fits into things that make me go "awwwwwww") or hilarious. I'm so pleased by their friendship. Oh, and I also love how the two friendship pairs leave Bae and Shiloh as the outliers, especially considering Shiloh repeatedly says he likes Bae, and while the others say this is a lie, I'm going to believe it as long as I can because I find their dynamic interesting. Either that or Shiloh has a burning hatred for Bae that he masks by repeating that he likes him. Both sound fun.

I haven't written fic in YEARS, but this game is a goldmine of ideas. So much to work with!
I think you won’t be disappointed by it :D. Bae and Shiloh have their own mini-story together, it’s just much more about the present than their history together (since they don’t have much of a history together). The relationship between those two is something you don’t know for sure if you can take at face value or not. You’ll kind of have to decide for yourself how seriously you take their interactions.

Hehe, thank you >v<.
gentletentacles wrote:
Oh my God I feel Nate in my soul. Romance is horrifying. And I LOVE BI EVERETT. I've barely touched on Everett in these posts, but conversations with him are always fun. He's just so... melodramatic. We're both tiny bi fashion freaks with pottymouths. And we could also commiserate on our TERRIBLE HATECRUSHES TOGETHER and he can judge me for liking the AntiChrist and I will honestly let him because I'm judging me too and I CAN'T WAIT TO FIND OUT WHO HIS HATECRUSH IS.
Same, haha. One of the reasons Nate and Jeremy are my favorites is because they’re the guys who handle love/romance the worst and I can very much relate. That’s great, glad you’ve also been enjoying him. I’ve always appreciated Everett for being the most traditionally douchey character.

He would think you had terrible taste, but his aren't much better.

There is a scene in the demo that might give it away. But the conversation only has meaning if you are already aware that he’s got a crush on one of the guys. If you don’t know that, you likely wouldn’t assume it had any actual meaning.
gentletentacles wrote:I KNOW THIS SORT OF REACTION IS EXACTLY WHAT HE WANTS, AND IT KILLS ME. And I do think he's intelligent. It's the worst. I've spent an unreasonable amount of time over the last couple days trying to figure out how I could get the upper hand on this stupid! Fictional! Boy! I'm convinced that I could get on fine, maybe with some effort, with any of the boys except Bae. And I hate it when people treat me as lesser than them, so I'd feel like I had to one-up him all the time and prove my worth and just ignore or blithely play off all his condescension (I'm not like MC; I can't just make it a sass war) and do my best to fluster him constantly. I want to see his composure break; I want to see what happens when he doesn't know what to do with a girl (or guy, whatever floats his boat). It'll probably be ugly, but SO SATISFYING. I went on a giant rant about it to one of my friends this afternoon, and he was kinda just "you're/that's freaky and horrifying and I can't even." I'm so glad this is fictional and not real because I couldn't deal with this nonsense irl.

Oh, and I went on the cafeteria date with him and PFFFTTTTTT THE DISTRESS ON HIS FACE WHEN IT COMES TO PHYSICAL ACTIVITY. IT GIVES ME LIFE. Srsly though someone bring that boy dinner on the weekdays. He's gonna wither away.
I apologize on Bae's behalf for all the harassment :'D. He's definitely one of the hardest characters to 'win' against. Unfortunately, he buys into his own, self-created, hype and having such an ego makes it easy to write everyone else off as wrong in most cases, even if they’re clearly right. He’ll generally only back off a bit from that if he’s especially fond of the person he’s dealing with and therefore cares about their opinion ;).

Haha, Bae gets flak for being a massive baby when it comes to exercising more than once throughout the game. Maybe he would have more energy if he ate better for a change, instead of just harping on other people’s eating habits.
gentletentacles wrote:He doesn't NEED to bring it up; we can all tell just by looking at him. And I figured he either had to be super wealthy or a scholarship student trying to appear more affluent, but finding out the glasses are prescription definitely cemented him into rich af. Tad surprised to see Nate toward the top, though. Not sure why.
Oh good, he would have been disappointed if it hadn't actually gotten across :lol:. Nate's got a 'I do everything myself and work super hard to accomplish my goals' attitude that comes from trying to overcome hardships. But his issues weren't working his way from the bottom types of things, like they often are with that kind of outlook. It makes sense that he might give off that vibe though.
gentletentacles wrote:That makes a lot of sense once you explain it, and the streamlining seems like a good idea considering the game spans a pretty lengthy amount of time. Also I just got the comment from MC about Jeremy falling asleep in class, and it made my day.
We're happy you agree. Though our intentions won't be worth all that much if the players would still have preferred if we had just went with the traditional system, so we'll try to think of something to make it a more satisfying experience overall!

Being a bit of an insomniac is another one of Jeremy's many issues, aha.
gentletentacles wrote:Brief text convos or comments from the guys throughout the week would be BEAUTIFUL. The characters all shine so much! Show them off as much as possible! :p
Hehe, thanks :mrgreen:. We'll do our best to make the week-to-week stuff more engaging.
gentletentacles wrote:Bae did it to me, too! :( My playthrough focusing around him froze exactly on the twentysecond. Oh and btw the corner calendar says "22th" instead of "22nd," in case you didn't see. But you probably did.
Thanks for telling us. Our head programmer has to finish working on something else, but hopefully she'll be able to go back to focusing on XOD relatively soon. We're really sorry about all the trouble.
gentletentacles wrote:I took a screenshot of it tutorial error and will be attaching it! Something about a float being required. I get it in the "basics" section of that, but I can run through the rest of the tutorial fine.
Thank you!
gentletentacles wrote:I can do it, but it's always a plus for me because I so rarely see my ethnicity (half-Filipina, half-Caucasian) represented; heck, I barely see my entire RACE (well... one of my two) represented beyond token characters sometimes. So I really appreciate the inclusion of Pran, Bae, and Kam (maybe Adrian? Not sure if South Asian or black tbh; I am bad at guessing) and the names of varying origin throughout the school. And I'm sure once the game is out there'll be a lot of fanart of the boys in all sorts of outfits. All my favorite male characters (and my friends) are my dressup dolls for outfits that I can't wear lol.
Glad you appreciate it. We're happy to include them C:. Our next dating sim is gonna have the same type of diversity.

That'd be really nice. Fanworks are so fun to see~
gentletentacles wrote:Ah! I've always wanted to play Harvest Moon! And omgomgomg Hatoful is one of my favorite VNs because it's as silly as you would expect yet SO MUCH MORE than that. Definitely recommend it if you ever have the time. Jeremy looks a LOT like Nageki. Same hair and eye color, similar hair styles (Nageki's is longer), both small, both kinda depressing bookish characters, both two of my faves.
Harvest Moon is really fun. I've sadly kind of fallen out of it as I've gotten older, but I've played it since I was a kid. The first game I ever made consisted of characters that all started out as Harvest Moon OCs I dreamed up in my teen years, haha.

Sounds like I'd enjoy Nageki too. I'm sure I'll get myself together and play Hatoful sooner or later :].
gentletentacles wrote:Oh, silly me. I found the full refs. Thanks! And oooohhhh I didn't know Foretold Affair was coming out so soon! I'll be following it + keeping an eye out for news on Steam. And in the meantime, I'll let you know if the demo bugs anymore or magically fixes itself for me! Thanks for responding and listening to (well, reading through) my messy rambles about your characters and how attached to them I already am lololol.
Yeah, AFA will hopefully be out at the end of the month, at least the itch version. Steam will probably take longer since it's harder to set everything up for that ':).

No worries! It's very helpful to know people's experiences with the game and any issues they're having. And I’m really happy those losers have grown on you ^^.
In-Progress:
Released:

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran

Re: XOXO Droplets [Comedy Otome Dating Sim]Steam Greenlight!

#69 Post by Googaboga »

XOXO Droplets is on Steam Greenlight and we've got a fancy trailer now~
In-Progress:
Released:

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran

Re: XOXO Droplets [Comedy Otome Dating Sim]Updated!

#70 Post by Googaboga »

Hey-o. We've got a lot of important updates that have happened recently!
-XOD was greenlit on Steam
-The first post has been redone
-We released an updated version of the demo
-We're starting a Kickstarter on May 8th

We're doing a crowd funding campaign after all because we want to release a version of XOXO Droplets that's free to play. Also we can price the full commercial version at 20$ instead of 25$. Hopefully things go well :D.
In-Progress:
Released:

Smudgeed
Regular
itch: smud

#71 Post by Smudgeed »

I can't remember if I posted in this thread already (hopefully I have because I've been following the development for a while lol) I think I could go on and on about how amazed I am by the game and Kam Sung's shirt. I wish you guys all the best on the Kickstarter (I'll be backing it too). Might I ask what the difference between the free and paid version would be?

EDIT: found that information on your Kickstarter haha still, good luck! :)

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran

#72 Post by Googaboga »

Thank you Smudgeed ;v;. This game has been a lot longer coming than it was supposed to be. We're really glad you've stuck with it for awhile anyways.

For whatever reason I just totally forgot about the lists we made detailing the differences between the two versions and how that'd probably be a good thing to include :'D. Glad you found it. For anyone that might still be wondering, here's the info:
Free Version Features:
3 extremely distinct jerk main boyfriend options: Everett Gray, Nate Lawson, and Shiloh Fields
6 minor clique boyfriend options, each with a bonus effect that makes the game easier
6 side characters who'll be your buddies
An in-game phone to call a guy up and arrange a date at one of several different locations
The option to break up with your bf and start dating someone else, if you feel like
A variety of methods to manage your Reputation with the unimportant students
Part-time jobs, stores to visit, useful items, optional mini-games
Over 120,00 words. Hundreds of different events, including a collage-style ending system where you get events for every goal you achieved during the game
Event settings that allow you to automatically skip events that tend to repeat if you do multiple playthroughs
Cheat codes for those who don't give a f*** about gameplay and just wanna see the events

Full Version Additions:
3 more main jerk boyfriend options: Bae Pyoun, Jeremy King, and Pran Taylor
2 sweet but not-terribly-bright side boyfriend options: Kam Sung and Adrian Wulu
Extra Date Events for Everett, Nate, and Shiloh
Over 270,000 words
50 more Random Events
24 more Part-Time Work Events
An accessory system that let you decorate the main character with over 20 accessory options
The option to change the background of your cellphone to one of 12 different options
Even better cheat codes
In-Progress:
Released:

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran

Re: XOXO Droplets [Comedy Otome Dating Sim]Kickstarter!

#73 Post by Googaboga »

The Kickstarter has been launched! Selecting a reward tier, spreading the word, sharing your thoughts; any of that would be super helpful! Please check it out : D
In-Progress:
Released:

Xand
Regular

#74 Post by Xand »

Hey Hey~ Good luck with the project! I promoted it a bit on some forums and places where I can )

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran

#75 Post by Googaboga »

Thank you so much Xand :mrgreen:.

The Kickstarter is at 50% in just two days! We've also got a special timed early bird tier going until the 12th. It's 25$ and with that tier you’ll get:
-Access to backer only updates
-The option to get add-ons
-8 Wallpapers
-A vote towards which cheat code gets revealed (the cheat code will give you a bunch of Affection Points for one of the main guys)
-The full version of XOXO Droplets (270,000 words and tons of gameplay features)
-A nifty digital postcard with an amusing note written by the MC’s perspective
-The 19 song long custom OST for XOXO Droplets

Pretty snazzy~
In-Progress:
Released: