XOXO Droplets [Comedy Otome Dating Sim][Free/Paid]08/31!

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: https://gbpatch.itch.io/
Projects: Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Organization: GB Patch Games
Tumblr: gb-patch
itch: gbpatch

Re: XOXO Droplets [Unromantic Dating Sim][Comedy][GxB][$$$]

#31 Post by Googaboga »

Very thrilled! This looks like it's going to be a really interesting game that is going to be brutally funny.
Thanks. We'll do our best to live up to it :D.
Probably Nate, or the MC.
Heheh, awesome. More fans of the MC X3.
Absolutely! I'm very interested in seeing how this game progresses, and I'd like to be able to keep up with development up until its release.
Great! If you have anything specific you'd like to see with updates feel free to let us know :].
So far, everything in this game looks really-well put together and thought out. It looks like you've taken some of the best aspects from VN's and really applied them here. The GUI is so cute and really compliments the art style. It all looks very clean cut and smooth, great job!
Aaw, thanks. We spent a long time just planning things so it's nice to hear it came together well :>.
I'm really excited to see how the accessories system will end up working out, and it actually brings up my questions:

What types of accessories will there be, generally? (I know you specified that they wouldn't all be ribbons, and I noticed you mentioned scarves, but I'm wondering if there will be hats, earrings, glasses...etc.)
Yep, we've got a bunch of different accessories :3. Here's a list of all 27;
Gray Ribbon, Yellow Ribbon, Green Ribbon, Purple Ribbon, Blue Hair Clips, Tan Hair Clips, Red Flower, Yellow Flower, Silver Stud Earrings, Red Stud Earrings, Orange Hair Bow, Pink Hair Bow, Green Knit Frog Hat, Pink Knit Frog Hat, Gold Pendant Necklace, Silver Pendant Necklace, Green Silk Scarf, Cream Silk Scarf, Orange Earmuffs, Purple Earmuffs, Bandage, Headphones, Hair Pearls, Fake Mole, Feather Boa, Aviator Sunglasses, and Tiara.
We focused on having different kinds of accessories rather than having different styles of the same kind of accessory.
From some of what you've said, it sounds like there might be microtransactions in-game. Is this true? If so, what will be the implementation of that and will that system be essential for gameplay?
Ah, sorry for the confusion, there won't be microtransactions. To make the game more affordable there will be the option of buying a 'basic' version of the game. It'd have all the gameplay stuff but you wouldn't be able to go out on dates with half the guys. Later someone could buy an expansion to get the rest of the guys. It wouldn't be more expensive than buying the game as a whole though.

I hope that makes things more clear C:.
Overall, I'm really excited to see the process and I'm definitely looking forward to the end product! :D
Thank you very much for interest and all the nice comments ^v^.
In-Progress:
Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Released:
A Foretold Affair, My Magical Divorce Bureau, XOXO Droplets, Lake of Voices

Lumenue
Projects: Dere Dere Dere!
Tumblr: honeybeeauty
Deviantart: slutspectre

#32 Post by Lumenue »

Yep, we've got a bunch of different accessories :3. Here's a list of all 27;
Gray Ribbon, Yellow Ribbon, Green Ribbon, Purple Ribbon, Blue Hair Clips, Tan Hair Clips, Red Flower, Yellow Flower, Silver Stud Earrings, Red Stud Earrings, Orange Hair Bow, Pink Hair Bow, Green Knit Frog Hat, Pink Knit Frog Hat, Gold Pendant Necklace, Silver Pendant Necklace, Green Silk Scarf, Cream Silk Scarf, Orange Earmuffs, Purple Earmuffs, Bandage, Headphones, Hair Pearls, Fake Mole, Feather Boa, Aviator Sunglasses, and Tiara.
We focused on having different kinds of accessories rather than having different styles of the same kind of accessory.
Those sound great! Will the different kinds of accessories have any impact on character interactions? (i.e., wearing a certain accessory that will make you more popular with a certain clique/person.) Or are they more for show? Also,
Ah, sorry for the confusion, there won't be microtransactions. To make the game more affordable there will be the option of buying a 'basic' version of the game. It'd have all the gameplay stuff but you wouldn't be able to go out on dates with half the guys. Later someone could buy an expansion to get the rest of the guys. It wouldn't be more expensive than buying the game as a whole though.

I hope that makes things more clear C:.
The idea of an expanded edition sounds really neat! Will the expanded and basic versions be released at the same time? Or will one be released before the other?

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran

#33 Post by Googaboga »

Those sound great! Will the different kinds of accessories have any impact on character interactions? (i.e., wearing a certain accessory that will make you more popular with a certain clique/person.) Or are they more for show? Also,
The accessories are just for show C:. We wanted it to be a fun touch for people to use freely or not at all.
The idea of an expanded edition sounds really neat! Will the expanded and basic versions be released at the same time? Or will one be released before the other?
Everything will be out at the same time so people can choose what to buy based on what's best for them rather than what's available at the moment :].
In-Progress:
Released:

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran

#34 Post by Googaboga »

And here's all of Pran's stuff.

ImageIntroduction Event
ImageFull Reference
ImagePart 1
ImagePart 2
ImagePart 3
ImagePart 4
ImageBio

Hooray for that being finished. Stating tomorrow we'll be changing the kinds of updates we do.
In-Progress:
Released:

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran

#35 Post by Googaboga »

We've gone ahead and edited the first post with a new section to show how far along the game is in development. It will likely be updated every other week :>.

And if you have a tumblr account you can join a giveaway we're having C:.
http://xoxo-droplets.tumblr.com/post/13 ... l-giveaway
In-Progress:
Released:

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran

#36 Post by Googaboga »

It's been awhile since our last update, but now that we're back we've got good news and bad news;
Good News-
The script should be around 90% complete by the end of this month with the only events left to write being the actual endings and some date conversations. The current word count is a little under 170,000 and that will increase to about 200,000 by the start of December.

Bad News-
Because I’ve been so focused on wrapping up the script the demo’s release may be moved back to December. If that happens the end of the giveaway would be extended as well, since it’s meant to end right before the demo is released. Although it’s not all bad news for the demo. Originally the demo was planned to have 40,000 words, now it will likely be closer to 50,000 if not larger.

The tumblr giveaway on our dev blog is still going right now either way-
http://xoxo-droplets.tumblr.com/post/13 ... l-giveaway

Thanks for reading ^v^.
In-Progress:
Released:

AntiquedFae
Veteran

#37 Post by AntiquedFae »

We haven't updated this thread in awhile (woops!) but loads has been happening in the inside world of XOXO: Droplets! Here are some updates on the game (mainly from our tumblr--but don't worry, we'll be updating this thread a lot more regularly now too) to get you all caught up:

-The side image where the MC's sprite is displayed has been changed slightly. It is now a circle framing her adorable little head instead of a rectangle. You can see the new one here, here and here in these three previews we uploaded of dates that will be in the demo! (Sorry for the unfinished sprites! The size of these guys' wardrobes, I tell you...) You can also compare it to the old one here!

-Sadly, the demo is still not quite ready for release yet. We're nearly done the script at least though; there's just one last event that we need to get figured out! (It's an Everett date event, in case you're wondering which boy is being super difficult this time. Should have been predictable, right?) The good part of this is that if you've just been waiting and hoping for the exact right moment to pounce like a tiger (or JB on an opportunity to romance an unsuspecting, impossible boy) and enter our demo release giveaway, you still have time to, right here: Giveaway!

And that's about it for now! Any questions, feel free to leave them here (or on our tumblr, or through PM, but probably not through notes in Googaboga's or my school lockers as we're not so great at checking those) and we'll answer them to the best of our abilities!
You can call me Fae!
I offer proofreading and ideabouncing. You can find out more in my thread.

AntiquedFae
Veteran

#38 Post by AntiquedFae »

Happy New Years! We hope it is a great one for all of you! ^_^

There's quite a few small, fun updates available for us to show you. You can check them out on our tumblr, or just continue on reading here!

-Firstly, the completed main menu for the game is now viewable! It slowly fades from day to night in-game, and features the main six boys chibi-fied. With them all looking so cute, it's almost like they're totally normal likeable otome boys!
...Too much?

-The Demo. It's not ready yet. Why? In short, gameplay. This game has loads of it, which is good, but implementing it is turning out to be a lot longer and trickier of a process than we anticipated. For a much more knowledgeable explanation from someone who is actually working on it and knows stuff other than gameplay is fun to play in games, you can see Googaboga's post on the demo here.

-And now you can see what each of the boys' immediate reactions are to the MC announcing to him that she and he are officially dating, right here! Such ladies' men, the lot of them. Good thing the MC's great at telling cute boys they are dating her!
Also, these shots give us a chance to show off a few of the accessories available for the MC's side sprite to wear! Look at all the shinies! Accessorizing is of course completely optional...but really, really fun.

-And here are the other half of the boys' date snippets! I'm not so sure Everett likes being in the same update group as Jeremy and Pran, but at least he's the only boy with a complete sprite for these (it's at a location in the school so he's in his uniform). Such a special snowflake.
Everett's
Jeremy's
Pran's

Until next time!
You can call me Fae!

mysticichigo
Regular

#39 Post by mysticichigo »

I laughed out loud just reading through those bullet points.

Though, just to clarify- exactly how frustrating do you intend these guys to be? If this is a commercial game, then I don't really want to pay money to be extremely frustrated. (Says the person who rages over freeware games all the time.)

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran

#40 Post by Googaboga »

@mysticichigo
Haha, thanks C:.

The boys are very frustrating, however they're not made to be frustrating to the actual player. They frustrate each other and the supervisor Lynn and on rare occasions the MC [though in most cases she's the one frustrating them for her own amusement], but it's written in a way that's meant to be humorous to an outside observer like the player.

I'd say the player would only be frustrated themselves if;
A. There's a personality trait represented that really bothers them even when being used for comedy.
B. The player is hoping the characters will all start getting along or they want the relationship to be taken seriously if they started dating someone or something along those times.
C. Unpleasant people being faced with the horror of dealing with someone equally unpleasant just isn't the player's type of humor.

We've put a lot of screen shots on our Tumblr dev blog. Going through those will give you an idea on what makes them frustrating to people in the game but fun to watch as someone not actually having to deal with them.
In-Progress:
Released:

AntiquedFae
Veteran

#41 Post by AntiquedFae »

So I got sick and couldn't leave my room for a few weeks(don't worry; I didn't build a pillow barricade), and in that period of time seem to have forgotten that the definition of a week is a period of seven days. Sooo as a result the update is a weeeee bit late this time. Woops. All complaints can be directed towards my genetics (but bear in mind that they will completely ignore your kvetching. Genes can be jerky that way.) Anyways, on to the fickle-as-genetics boys and what's going on in their world, as told by our tumblr!

-Here you can see how a fairly typical group meeting starts out for the so-called Unfriendables: with so much complaining and arguing that the meeting could have been over in the amount of time they spend being angst-y that it isn't over. MC is amused as always.

-The MC is always very interested in being snarky about the boys' sense of styles, so commenting on their outfits if they're new to her is something she does at the start of a date. This preview showcases Pran being pointedly unimpressed by her wit.

-At the end of the demo (which you'll see once we get it done; we're working very hard on it, promise!) there's an in-game quiz that all the characters play together about which other character most fits their 'type'. It doesn't actually impact anything, being a silly teen quiz and all, but it is hilarious. This clip shows Nate's reaction if the MC gets him on the quiz; you can get multiple boys though, and they may not all be ones shown regularly...

-And finally, two weekend work events! At the bakery and hobby store where Pran and Jeremy work, respectively. If you work at the same place that a boy works on the weekend you can get a conversation every so often with him when you're on break. Don't worry; you most definitely do not have to work with a guy to get him. We're not that sort of game at all! ;P

Any questions, comments, concerns, squees, facepalms etc.? Just let us know and we'll respond!

Thanks for reading~!
You can call me Fae!

MimirollCookie
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Best Friends (DRAMA), Sweet and Spices (NaNo16)
Projects: Cupid's Wish, Best Friends Deux
Organization: Pastelle Studios
Deviantart: MimirollCookie

#42 Post by MimirollCookie »

1. On a scale of thrilled to really thrilled, how do feel about this project?
-Thrilled! Seems like a promising project!
2. If we twisted your arm behind your back and just demanded you choose between all these astounding characters, who would you pick as your favorite(s) so far?
-Since you asked, Shiloh Fields!
3. Is there anything specific you'd like to see in the game's updates?
-I don't know? When the game's finished?
Any questions, comments, expectations, whatever?
-Well I wished the MC's hair is longer.
I have one question:
Is it free or commercial?

pyopyon
Veteran
Completed: https://chouette.itch.io/
Projects: Ocean Pearls, Catching the Fox [NaNo16], Singles
Organization: Jellyfish Parade
Tumblr: jelpiparade
Soundcloud: pyopyon
itch: chouette

#43 Post by pyopyon »

1. On a scale of thrilled to really thrilled, how do feel about this project?

Really, really, really thrilled. I actually was watching out for this and then I forgot but then I remembered again and I'm really thrilled again. LOOOLLL. I watched all of the promo-events and they were amazing and super funny. I couldn't stop laughing at all. I think they're all terrible, but my favorite has to be Suck-Up Shilo. LOLLLL Nathan is also a number one of mine... I love them all. LOL

2. If we twisted your arm behind your back and just demanded you choose between all these astounding characters, who would you pick as your favorite(s) so far?

In order? ShiNathanlo. I really like them all though, haha.

3. Is there anything specific you'd like to see in the game's updates?

I guess... if you had time, cute little episodes like the intro ones you did would be amazing! I really adored them so updates every few months of the club's shenanigans would be cool!

4. Any questions, comments, expectations, whatever?

None! I look forward to this-- actually, I guess I have a question. Why is it called XOXO Droplets?
Image ImageImage

WiP: Image

✿ Writer for Trade/Commission ✿

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran

#44 Post by Googaboga »

MimirollCookie wrote:-Thrilled! Seems like a promising project!
Thank you, we're really happy you're interested ^^.
MimirollCookie wrote:-Since you asked, Shiloh Fields!
Good to know, thanks. He's the only guy who'd actually appreciate being someone's favorite, I wonder if that's one of the reason he's been pretty popular XD.
MimirollCookie wrote:-I don't know? When the game's finished?
Unfortunately we can't say right now, we did have a general release time frame planned but one of the people working on the project had to stop working on it for now and until things get settled with that we can't give a good estimate. We're sorry v.v.
MimirollCookie wrote:-Well I wished the MC's hair is longer.
I have one question:
Is it free or commercial?
The MC's design is influenced by someone I know and she's got short hair. Maybe we can have a longer haired MC some other time :>.

It is a commercial project :].

pyopyon wrote:Really, really, really thrilled. I actually was watching out for this and then I forgot but then I remembered again and I'm really thrilled again. LOOOLLL. I watched all of the promo-events and they were amazing and super funny. I couldn't stop laughing at all. I think they're all terrible, but my favorite has to be Suck-Up Shilo. LOLLLL Nathan is also a number one of mine... I love them all. LOL
Thank you :mrgreen:. It's great you enjoyed those promo events. They were fun to make, though I think the group events in the actual game turned out better :wink:.
pyopyon wrote:In order? ShiNathanlo. I really like them all though, haha.
Haha, wow, Shiloh really is popular. I was worried I might've made him too obnoxious, good to know that's not the case. Nate's my personal choice of guy so it's always nice to see him getting love too~
pyopyon wrote:I guess... if you had time, cute little episodes like the intro ones you did would be amazing! I really adored them so updates every few months of the club's shenanigans would be cool!
After those promo events it never crossed my mind that I could do more :lol:. If I have time, I'll try to whip some up. But for now the priority is finishing up the actual demo. That has over 50,000 words worth of events finished and waiting for people to see, so it'll be a lot more than those little events C:.
pyopyon wrote:None! I look forward to this-- actually, I guess I have a question. Why is it called XOXO Droplets?
Haha, well, XOXO Droplets was a named we decided on back when game was in really, really early development, before we even knew all the main characters would be jerks. At the time it sounded like the title you'd expect from a dating sim and the game being a dating sim was pretty much all there was to it. I just never felt like changing it, even after the ideas were finalized. I think the game having sweet sounding, but ultimately meaningless, words for the title fits X3.
In-Progress:
Released:

Baky
Regular
Tumblr: delicrieux

#45 Post by Baky »

On a scale of thrilled to really thrilled, how do feel about this project?
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( do the exclamation points get my point across????)

If we twisted your arm behind your back and just demanded you choose between all these astounding characters, who would you pick as your favorite(s) so far?
The MC is a cootie-patutie and I can't wait to play as her. But if I had to chose on of da boyz is prob Shiloh because I KNOW he will let me touch the booty and that he will like it. :twisted:

Do you think you'll follow the game's updates (we'll be having one every single day on our blog for the next two months, they'll be linked in this thread too)? Why/Why not?
I already am tbh because I am a sucker for dating sims and the amount of features you offer makes me cry from joy and I just really like everything you have offered so far.

Any questions, comments, expectations, whatever?
How much will it $$$? Name your price and I shall buy it //bows
Anyhow, I see that you put a lot of work into this and I hope it pays off. Looking forward to future updates! keep up the good work! <3
♡I write things for fun.♡