In the shadow of the dragon [VN/fantasy/adventure/]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Tessith
Regular
Projects: Dire Love - eaten alive, In the shadow of the dragon (on hiatus)
Deviantart: Tessith
Soundcloud: Tessith

In the shadow of the dragon [VN/fantasy/adventure/]

#1 Post by Tessith »

~ After a long war, the kingdom of Arturia has found peace once again. But, the celebration is cut short as Eleanor, the future princess of the realm, is kidnapped by a monstrous dragon. Princesses have been kidnapped by dragons since people can remember... but does anyone know why? Eleanor will discover the answer not only to this mystery, but also things she never would have dreamed of, as her life becomes more and more tangled. One can never know what to expect in this world full of magic. ~

Main characters:
Eleanor: As expected from a noble young woman,
she is charming and well behaved,
but there is a little adventurous spark in her nature.
Even a bit spoiled, as a high class live tempts to,
she tends to care more about others than herself
as she is well aware of responsibilities of becoming the princess of Arturia.
Lady Nina: Brave knightess and the personal caretaker of Eleanor
and princesses guard. Loyal and caring, she is probably Eleanors closest person.
Despite her young look, she is older than one may think.
After slaying a dragon a long time ago, she gained some of its power
and doesn't age like a normal human.
Prince Raphael: The one who has chosen Eleanor as his future bride and princess.
Charismatic and brave, he lead the armies to glorious victory.
He would do anything to protect his kingdom.
Blue dragon: A self-proclaimed evil dragon that kidnapped Eleanor.
Reserved and grumpy, yet proud to a fault, he has lived in solitude for many years
and enjoys long naps. Unusually, his main source of sustenance are strange yellow fruits
that grow near his den.
Screenshots:
Owerview:
Story: 90%
Scripts:60%
Sprites:100%
BGs: 80%
CGs: 25%
Music: 10%
Credits:
Story outline/artist: Tessith
Writer/coder/GUI: SundownKid
Composer: Rupert Cole

__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are currently really enjoying creating this game, so hopefully you'll like it as much as we like it. >v>

Eidt: Found a composer - yay~

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Last edited by Tessith on Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:56 am, edited 7 times in total.

sherberrie
Regular

Re: In the shadow of the dragon [VN/fantasy/adventure]

#2 Post by sherberrie »

Everything is this looks fantastic- from the story to the art and GUI! I suggest you put up some questions for people to answer so you can get the criticism you need. Anyhow, I wish you good luck! It looks like a great game~

SundownKid
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Icebound, Selenon Rising Ep. 1-2
Projects: Selenon Rising Ep. 3-4
Organization: Fastermind Games
Deviantart: sundownkid

#3 Post by SundownKid »

sherberrie wrote:Everything is this looks fantastic- from the story to the art and GUI! I suggest you put up some questions for people to answer so you can get the criticism you need. Anyhow, I wish you good luck! It looks like a great game~
Thanks... I don't think we have many questions to ask at the moment, though you can say your thoughts. But a beta test is probably in order when it's totally finished.

I'd also like to mention that this is a collaboration, and I am pretty sure it will be a free game.

- Eris
Regular

#4 Post by - Eris »

Really looking forward to this!
I loooooove dragons (a little too much I think xD) and the art is really pretty, good luck, I'll be waiting for the release!

Sharane
Regular

Re: In the shadow of the dragon [VN/fantasy/adventure/]

#5 Post by Sharane »

Awww, the sprites are so cute! And lady Nina has got a cool dress, I would like to have this one too :D
By the way, the dragon doesn´t look like that his biggest intention is to kidnapp princess :wink: He has got a lovely eyes and... well, I would guess he is lady dragon :lol:
Image Image

Per aspera ad astra

SundownKid
Lemma-Class Veteran

#6 Post by SundownKid »

Sharane wrote:Awww, the sprites are so cute! And lady Nina has got a cool dress, I would like to have this one too :D
By the way, the dragon doesn´t look like that his biggest intention is to kidnapp princess :wink: He has got a lovely eyes and... well, I would guess he is lady dragon :lol:
The artist was amused by that. But, it is definitely a male dragon, no plot twists there. Although there may be other dragons somewhere along the line...

Parataxis
Regular
Projects: Shadow City, Scribbles!
Tumblr: asktheprismguard

#7 Post by Parataxis »

I really like your art! Though I will confess as to being a tad confused.. which character are we following in this story? Your screenshots seem to indicate Eleanor is the main character, but if she's kidnapped at the beginning I can't imagine that we'd get to spend too much time with Nina and Siegfried. Which is Sad--they look cool. Regardless, I can't wait to see where this goes.

SundownKid
Lemma-Class Veteran

#8 Post by SundownKid »

Parataxis wrote:I really like your art! Though I will confess as to being a tad confused.. which character are we following in this story? Your screenshots seem to indicate Eleanor is the main character, but if she's kidnapped at the beginning I can't imagine that we'd get to spend too much time with Nina and Siegfried. Which is Sad--they look cool. Regardless, I can't wait to see where this goes.
Eleanor is the main character. And - just because she's kidnapped doesn't mean that the PoV doesn't change or that they won't show up again :)

Sharane
Regular

#9 Post by Sharane »

SundownKid wrote:
Sharane wrote:Awww, the sprites are so cute! And lady Nina has got a cool dress, I would like to have this one too :D
The artist was amused by that. But, it is definitely a male dragon, no plot twists there. Although there may be other dragons somewhere along the line...
I´m glad the artist was amused and not offended because I didn´t mean it in a bad way :wink: On the contrary - the art is stunning. I´m looking forward to see the progress with your game :)
Image Image

Per aspera ad astra