Love you like an Energy Drink [Yurijam][Sports][Cute]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: WtRF
Organization: Harmonic Dreams
IRC Nick: Rinima or Charlie
Deviantart: Emlindes

Love you like an Energy Drink [Yurijam][Sports][Cute]

#1 Post by Rinima »

Story
Elaine is enjoying life, her parent's are awesome, good friends, good food to enjoy everyday, it seems like nothing could be wrong in her perfect life.

Apart from she doesn't fit into anything anymore *le gasp*! It seems she's been eating to much and not getting enough exercise recently and decides to join the local gym, having the choice between certain activities: dance, swimming, and running.

Little does she know that she'll meet some very special people there, who may become more.

Characters
Our sassy heroine, who seems to have developed a problem with her weight. Is very chilled out and relaxed, but watch out, she has a mean streak!

Appears cold and aloof, but is actually a huge softy. Rarely understands jokes and is fairly naive about humor in general, though not in a cold way, having earned the nickname 'Satellite'. Loves to swim.

A brash girl who is quick to anger, though isn't overly viscous if you do prick her temper, though she can hold a grudge. Is extremely girly and loves bright colours, and to run of course. Happens to be a transgender person.

ImageImage
A pair of dancers who are glued to each others hips. Riley is a sensible girl, and thinks logically. She would love to become a professional ballet dancer, but is cursed with terrible balance. In comparison, Antonia, 'Toni' for short, is far more fun loving and carefree, and is far more naturally talented than Riley, though lacks focus. Did they mention that their dating and still looking for someone to join their duo?

The Teg-a-bunnies
Composed of Rinima (writer, director, general procrastinator), z04/Sorani (Lead artist, only artist, epic motivator), kaleidofish (editor), and Ultra_HR (code). We've formed just for Yurijam, aiming to create a fun and cute VN with sports! The music is being composed by Sebastian Woodland.

Progress
Outline: 100%
Writing: 0.3%
Concept art: 100%
Sprites: 0%
BG's: ?%
CG: 0%
GUI: 0%
Last edited by Rinima on Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pronouns: They/them or He/him

TheKiwi
Regular
Projects: The Waters Above, Heart of the Woods
Organization: Studio Élan
Tumblr: minutekiwi

Re: Love you like an Energy Drink [Yurijam][Sports][Cute]

#2 Post by TheKiwi »

Wouldn't this go in the WIP: Short noncommercial games?

Anyway, I'm really excited for this! I really love the variety of everyone and that logo is so cute.

Fox Lee
Veteran
Completed: Where Ages Go [NaNo2015]
Projects: Swan x Swan [YuriJam/NaNo16], ♥ON, Guilded Age
Organization: Invincible Ink
Deviantart: foxlee
itch: foxlee

#3 Post by Fox Lee »

Ahh, so cute! XD I don't think I've ever seen a sports-themed yuri game before. I'm really looking forward to this! Sam is my favourite so far :3
Fox Lee: The Girl Your Mother Warned You About
CleanDirtyFurryPro

Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran

#4 Post by Rinima »

TheKiwi wrote:Wouldn't this go in the WIP: Short noncommercial games?

Anyway, I'm really excited for this! I really love the variety of everyone and that logo is so cute.
I just put it here since this is where all the other yuri jam games seem to be going.
And thanks you, I think z did a fantastic job!
Fox Lee wrote:Ahh, so cute! XD I don't think I've ever seen a sports-themed yuri game before. I'm really looking forward to this! Sam is my favourite so far :3
Haha I though a sport-theme would be fun to work with~ And woo! Another Sam fan :D #bestgirl

Michalina
Regular

#5 Post by Michalina »

I'M
SO EXCITED FOR THIS

It looks so adorable, the art style is very cute and the characters are great <3 Good luck with your project!

Shinoki
Veteran
Completed: tender feelings like water, Follower A, Moon Archer Shooting Stars, Heart's Blight, from that moment she neglected the world
Projects: Pomegranate Fruit
itch: 4noki

#6 Post by Shinoki »

This looks really good--premise and art! Just a note that you spelled characters wrong though.
Elaine doesn't look all that chubby, but the thing is... :v women worry about their weight a lot, huh. (even though I'm a girl too)

I love the fact that... someone actually has freckles. (I know that there are other characters out there that are drawn with freckles... but when looking at anime characters in general...) On the other hand, Sam seems like my favorite right now.

Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran

#7 Post by Rinima »

Michalina wrote:I'M
SO EXCITED FOR THIS

It looks so adorable, the art style is very cute and the characters are great <3 Good luck with your project!
Thank you~ I'm sure z will be happy to here that :3
Shinoki wrote:This looks really good--premise and art! Just a note that you spelled characters wrong though.
Elaine doesn't look all that chubby, but the thing is... :v women worry about their weight a lot, huh. (even though I'm a girl too)

I love the fact that... someone actually has freckles. (I know that there are other characters out there that are drawn with freckles... but when looking at anime characters in general...) On the other hand, Sam seems like my favorite right now.
OH MY GOODNESS HOW DID I MISS THAT? Thanks for pointing it out though XD And yea, Elaine isn't fat per say, just a bit chubby, but she's certainly 'bigger' than all the other girls, it's more obvious in her sports gear though.

And I love freckles as well~ And I do love Sam, she's such a cutie pie >.<

Fox Lee
Veteran
Completed: Where Ages Go [NaNo2015]
Projects: Swan x Swan [YuriJam/NaNo16], ♥ON, Guilded Age
Organization: Invincible Ink
Deviantart: foxlee
itch: foxlee

#8 Post by Fox Lee »

Rinima wrote:
Shinoki wrote:Elaine doesn't look all that chubby, but the thing is... :v women worry about their weight a lot, huh. (even though I'm a girl too)
And yea, Elaine isn't fat per say, just a bit chubby, but she's certainly 'bigger' than all the other girls, it's more obvious in her sports gear though.
I was gonna mention that too - that she really doesn't look overweight to me - but then I remembered, trying to judge anybody's weight from the outside is problematic ^_^;

I reckon, assuming she's not dangerously under or over weight (and obviously she isn't) all that really matters is just that it's her desire to lose a bit. As long as she's not being bullied or pressured, pursuing her preferred weight sends a positive message regardless of how chubby she looks to any of us :)
Fox Lee: The Girl Your Mother Warned You About
CleanDirtyFurryPro

sorani
Veteran

#9 Post by sorani »

Fox Lee wrote:
Rinima wrote:
Shinoki wrote:Elaine doesn't look all that chubby, but the thing is... :v women worry about their weight a lot, huh. (even though I'm a girl too)
And yea, Elaine isn't fat per say, just a bit chubby, but she's certainly 'bigger' than all the other girls, it's more obvious in her sports gear though.
I was gonna mention that too - that she really doesn't look overweight to me - but then I remembered, trying to judge anybody's weight from the outside is problematic ^_^;

I reckon, assuming she's not dangerously under or over weight (and obviously she isn't) all that really matters is just that it's her desire to lose a bit. As long as she's not being bullied or pressured, pursuing her preferred weight sends a positive message regardless of how chubby she looks to any of us :)

Ah, I'm sorry ><;;
It's probably because I didn't make her face chubbier haha, but Elaine is definitely curvier than the other girls (and some rolls that are easy to hide XD)
Sorry if the cropped profile was misleading ><;;;
//might give Elaine bigger thighs/arms though XD
Height Chart
Height Chart
And I agree with Fox Lee's perspective, and hope that Rinima and I will create a positive message about cute girls doing sports, no matter what their weight is~
Last edited by sorani on Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

noeinan
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Ren'Py QuickStart, Crimson Rue
Organization: Statistically Unlikely Games
Deviantart: noeinan
Github: noeinan

#10 Post by noeinan »

Trans and polya representation? This looks great, I'm looking forward to it!

Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran

#11 Post by Rinima »

Note on the weight thing: The aim for Elaine is just to reach an ideal weight for herself, and she's doing it just for herself, no other reason. I hope I write a positive message in this though.
daikiraikimi wrote:Trans and polya representation? This looks great, I'm looking forward to it!
Thank you~

sorani
Veteran

#12 Post by sorani »

First week art update!
I finished sketching bgs, and finally finished 1 bg!
Elaine's bedroom~

I need to add figurines or something bc Elaine is not only trendy, but nerdy lmao ahaha im tired orz

sei.chan

#13 Post by sei.chan »

owo sports Yuri sound interesting,and that art style I recognize from anywhere Its beautiful (claps). I really want to see Elaine route.