Melos [Romance][YuriJam]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Skarn
Regular

Melos [Romance][YuriJam]

#1 Post by Skarn »

Picture Archaic Greece. A strange and ambivalent time and land. Most of the country is uncivilized, a chain of city-states, yet the isles on the other side of the sea have been colonized. Socrate's great-great-grandfather is not born yet, but art is flourishing and the Odyssey a scholar classic. Many conceptions about Ancient Greece are already true, but much more are not, for the best and the worst.

In this blooming world the Moira have interlaced the destiny of two young women, the enchanting disciple of Apollo and the wild follower of Artemis. On this special night, the threads of their fate are merging into an intricate knot, a chaotic mess of possible futures. And no mortal can predict which string the gods behind the screen are about to pull.

Characters

Ambrosia

Main protagonist and (unreliable) narrator. Professional poet, she lives by and for the lyre. Prone to overthink and perceive everything through the prism of her mostly romantic repertoire.

Antiope

The other girl. Hurt things or prevent other things from being hurt as a job. Wary of everything and (almost) everyone, per nature and nurture.

Team

Writer/Coder: Skarn
Art: Katta
Music: To Be Determined

Progress
  • Writing: Around 3000 words done (introduction + first branchings)
  • Graphics: Working version of the logo and sprites done
  • Gui: Pending
  • Music: Pending
  • Programming: Pending

AnimeOtaku1o1

Re: Melos [Romance][YuriJam]

#2 Post by AnimeOtaku1o1 »

---
Last edited by AnimeOtaku1o1 on Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Steamgirl
Veteran
Completed: My Cup of Coffee, Queen at Arms (co-wrote a battle scene)
Projects: Stranded Hearts, Emma: A Lady's Maid
Deviantart: steamgirlgame

#3 Post by Steamgirl »

This sounds very interesting! I love Ancient Greece and mysticism! Also - YuriJam for the win! :)
How many words do you roughly think it will be when you're done?

Fox Lee
Veteran
Completed: Where Ages Go [NaNo2015]
Projects: Swan x Swan [YuriJam/NaNo16], ♥ON, Guilded Age
Organization: Invincible Ink
Deviantart: foxlee
itch: foxlee

#4 Post by Fox Lee »

What a nice idea! I don't think I've ever seen a VN set in ancient Greece, much less with a realistic aesthetic. And I really like the contrast between their personalities, talents and ideals - exactly my kind of setup for a yuri story ;p Good luck!
Last edited by Fox Lee on Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fox Lee: The Girl Your Mother Warned You About
CleanDirtyFurryPro

Skarn
Regular

#5 Post by Skarn »

Thanks for all the kind returns. We will do our best not to disappoint you.
Steamgirl wrote:How many words do you roughly think it will be when you're done?
That's a really good question. I'm unsure myself. Right now, I'm just writing without really wondering about total size. I however gave myself some deadlines and assigned a priority to each scene, so to know what to cut when time will be of essence and what will have to be in somehow regardless of my lateness.

Gabylc
Regular
Projects: Crossfire
Organization: Agape Studios
Tumblr: attackonbara

#6 Post by Gabylc »

Archaic Greece, yeah! Is Ambrosia inspired by Sapho in any way? The fact she's a poetess made me think it's possible, but maybe I'm totally wrong ^^'

I like Antiope's expression, she looks fierce! The interactions between those two girls will surely be interesting.

I'll keep an eye on your project!
Image Check our Attack on Titan fangame. Demo available here!

M4uesviecr
Projects: None, yet!
Soundcloud: jasminecoopermusic

#7 Post by M4uesviecr »

Greece? Color me interested! This story doesn't take place on the Island of Lesbos, does it? ;)

I like your writing style thus far. Very poetic. Makes me think of spoken poetry. Looking forward to seeing more!

Skarn
Regular

#8 Post by Skarn »

After absolutely no update between the original announcement and now, the game is, somehow, available there.

Lot of things to tell about what happened during the development process, but for now, let's just say there is quite a gap between the original concept and the current story, as the characters just went their way, instead of doing what I planned for them to do. Hope you will still enjoy it all the same.

M4uesviecr
Projects: None, yet!
Soundcloud: jasminecoopermusic

#9 Post by M4uesviecr »

Really enjoyed playing through this! The writing was immaculate!
As much as I love a good tragedy.. I was really hoping that things would pan out for Ambrosia. I seriously said, "AWE, MAAANNN" during the kiss scene.
You broke my heart. Great job!