City Lights [CE-5] explores unexplained circumstances and events surrounding a group of people living at a communal complex in the city.
Play the Demo (Windows only currently, Mac coming soon): http://prismprojections.itch.io/ce-5
Eldest of the three Wyrd sisters and landlord for the Wyrd House, a communal living property in the city.
Fellow tenant of the Wyrd House. Soft-spoken around others, Mary only seems to open up to and about Alistair, her dog.
Prickly conspiracy theorist, budding UFOlogist, and fellow tenant. Carter is usually preoccupied with this thoughts, but seems willing to talk if you lend an ear.
The youngest Wyrd sister and assistant caretaker at the Wyrd House. Cryptic and bitter condensed into a pint-size form.
Middle child of the Wyrd siblings and assistant caretaker at the Wyrd House.
Fellow tenant at the Wyrd House. Jakob displays a gentle demeanor, often opting to watch silently instead of taking part in events.
If I sit too long without working on a project, I'm likely to abandon it. I understand that about myself and that's the main reason I'm putting it out there like this. Accountability. Knowing there is somewhere I have to report to weekly with progress will definitely help keep my fire stoked.
Depending on how well the game/demo is received in the game jam and on here, I'd like it to take the route of Kickstarter and see if I can reach a meager funding goal so I can push this out within the next year.
Here is my progress for September 23rd, 2015.
- * Demo – 100% (May revision once I get GUI design finalized.)
* Writing – 50% (Outline heavy at this point.)
* Character Sprites – 60% (May revise to be cleaner + add more characters)
* GUI – 25% (Placeholder UI for gamejam, needs replaced)
* Music and Sound – 40%
* CG/cutscenes – 20% (I plan to have this be a big game. haha)
* Misc. Features – 25% (Gallery unlocks, minigames, etc)
I'd appreciate any constructive feedback. Either comment below, on Twitter, PM, or e-mail.
For those that won't play the demo:
- * Is any of the artwork/artstyle distracting or jarring? Do you feel the characters fit well with the backgrounds?
* Is the premise of the game worded in an easy to understand fashion? Would you like to see more information presented up front or kept in the dark?
For those that have played the demo:
- * Were the character animations natural-feeling while speaking to them? Any preference on having the characters animated while they speak or the current image-swapped conversation style?
* Were the music and sounds an acceptable volume? Did they distract you from the gameplay?
* Which ending did you get? [Mary, Carter, or Jakob's.]
I'll be updating every Saturday evening with every little bit of progress I have. Be it a new screenshot, character models, cutscene stills, or just progress and thoughts.
Thank you very much for taking the time to read all of this, play the demo, or just chat with me while I figure all of the visual novel business out.