The Letter [Horror/Drama] - OUT NOW ON STEAM!

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Yangyang Mobile
Regular
Completed: The Letter, The Diary
Projects: Love Esquire
Organization: Yangyang Mobile
Tumblr: yangyangmobile
Deviantart: yangyangmobile
itch: yangyangmobile

Re: The Letter [Horror/Drama] - BETA DEMO RELEASED! 21/8/201

#31 Post by Yangyang Mobile »

The Letter's Beta Demo (V0.2.0) is finally ready for public consumption! Thank you so much for patiently waiting, and we sincerely hope you'll enjoy the game! The beta demo is a testament to what we've been doing these past couple of months, and we're proud of how much the game has evolved since its alpha phase.

This is more or less how the final game is going to look/feel like, and covers the same scenes as alpha. Except for that, every element from the first demo was changed. Beta is now feature complete, but we're continuously enhancing every aspect of the game in preparation for the full release. Please take note that not everything you'll see in this demo is final.

After you finish playing the game, please answer this short survey we've prepared. We value your feedback, so please don't hesitate to tell us what you think! We'll use the data gathered to further improve the game. And as a token of our appreciation, all survey respondents will receive a special wallpaper!

Questions about this new demo:
1. Do you like it? Hate it?
2. What do you think of the characters currently presented? Do you have someone you find interesting in particular?
3. What do you think of the art style and the animated sprites?
4. How do you find the writing style compared to the alpha demo?
5. Any other suggestions, comments, critiques?

Thanks so much for your time!
Image Image
We're Yangyang Mobile, a small indie dev group from the Philippines! ♡
Patreon | Discord | Twitter

L.L.Rodriguez

#32 Post by L.L.Rodriguez »

Allow us to maximize the window when we are in windowed mode.

I'm not a fan of VAs in general, so thank you for the option to disable them.

I was pretty spooked, good premise. I await more.

philip
Miko-Class Veteran

#33 Post by philip »

Golly . . . I wasn't prepared for the magnitude of the nit-picking discussion that appears to be occurring here!

Here's my position . . . the author can write the story however they like it, and if the reader has issues with that, they can just click off it and go on to something else.

I liked the beta, the art is very well done, and the story is interesting. As far as liking any particular character, I accept the way they are portrayed, some will be likable, and some not.

I will look forward to future updates, and eventually, the entire story. Sorry to be so shallow, but I can accept a story just the way an author presents it and don't find it necessary to dissect it and criticize it ad nauseum.

philip
"One who has never made a mistake has never attempted anything!"
-
and
-
"Finish what you start"

Yangyang Mobile
Regular

#34 Post by Yangyang Mobile »

L.L.Rodriguez wrote:Allow us to maximize the window when we are in windowed mode.

I'm not a fan of VAs in general, so thank you for the option to disable them.

I was pretty spooked, good premise. I await more.
Thanks for the feedback! I'll let our programming team know what they can do about this and see what they can do!
philip wrote:Golly . . . I wasn't prepared for the magnitude of the nit-picking discussion that appears to be occurring here!

Here's my position . . . the author can write the story however they like it, and if the reader has issues with that, they can just click off it and go on to something else.

I liked the beta, the art is very well done, and the story is interesting. As far as liking any particular character, I accept the way they are portrayed, some will be likable, and some not.

I will look forward to future updates, and eventually, the entire story. Sorry to be so shallow, but I can accept a story just the way an author presents it and don't find it necessary to dissect it and criticize it ad nauseum.

philip
I... actually have completely no idea what happened here before making the beta post above (different person from the earlier poster here!). But rest assured that most of the stuff mentioned here has been discussed among the members of the writing team once production has begun. Some parts have been kept, revised, or omitted from the original drafts and the game now looks and feels completely different from when it was first posted to the public.

We hope that wouldn't discourage people from giving us further feedback! It's a little harder to convey what we want to express sometimes since English isn't our first language, so we apologize for any sort of misunderstanding before. If there are things you'd like to ask us, however, please feel free to do so! We'll do our best to answer them.

Anyway, thanks for your feedback! We don't post dev reports here as much as we do on our other social media accounts, but you can easily follow our progress via our Twitter, Tumblr, or Facebook Page

Cheers!
Last edited by Yangyang Mobile on Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image

Yangyang Mobile
Regular

Re: The Letter [Horror/Drama] - BETA PHASE HAS STARTED! 5/1/

#35 Post by Yangyang Mobile »

Year-End Production Update. Onwards to 2017!

Hello, everyone! Happy New Year to all of you! We hope you had a blast last 2016, leaving no regrets behind, as we march forward to a brighter year!

In general, we've been crunching these past months between the beta releases and the actual completion of the remaining assets and features for the rest of the game. However, we've met a major halt during the holidays because everyone took breaks after a long year of hard work, but we'll be back full force by next week!

We are also proud to announce that The Letter VN has already entered Beta Testing phase since last November. As of writing, Chapter 1: Isabella and Chapter 2: Hannah has already been sent to our Kickstarter Beta Access backers! We're proud to say that so far, feedback from our testers has been positive so far. Unlike in the Beta Demo, we can't post the survey results for the chapters. We can, however, share these two lovely comments from our testers:
For those who are curious, here's a numbers breakdown of what you guys can look forward to in both chapters:
For a more in-depth production update, we've also posted a year-end summary to our Kickstarter page over here! You guys can also follow our progress via our Twitter, Tumblr, or Facebook Page

2016 wasn't exactly kind to us. Our first month was a disaster, and moving forward, we kept missing our internal deadlines until eventually, we had to push back the game's release date.

But we can't let the negatives drag us down. If anything, we should be counting our blessings instead: (1) YYM turned 1 this year, (2) Despite what happened, we found ourselves a very talented VA cast, (3) The Diary reached more than 50k downloads on google play, (4) We showcased The Letter in ESGS Philippines and G-Star Korea, and (5) We were able to release an updated beta demo, as well as Chapters 1 and 2, AND got positive feedback!

These are our biggest milestones for the year, and we're really proud of what we've achieved so far.

The pressure is on now that it's already 2017, but we're not about to crack. 2017 will be the year of The Letter. Please look forward to it! (•̀o•́)ง

Until then, we thank you all for your support, and we hope you don't stop believing in us! We're nearing the finish goal, gang! Cheers to a grander and better year! :D
Image Image

Yangyang Mobile
Regular

Re: The Letter [Horror/Drama] 1-min Insert Song Teaser Relea

#36 Post by Yangyang Mobile »

In this month's update, we are introducing another vocal powerhouse joining our OST singers, Amanda Lee (Letters Goodbye, OP theme) and Elsie Lovelock (ED theme). Everyone, meet Jessee Reyna, who sang our game's True Ending theme song, Fly! As a special treat for everyone, here's a one-minute teaser of the song:
That's it for this month! For the full #TheLetterVN Update 34, game progress report, shout outs, and featured picks from our little VN community:

Read the Full Update Here »
Image Image

Yangyang Mobile
Regular

Re: The Letter [Horror/Drama] - Insert Song Teaser Released!

#37 Post by Yangyang Mobile »

#SCREENSHOTSATURDAY UPDATE:

Here's a preview from The Letter Horror VN's Chapter 4: Marianne! The chapter will be available to our Beta Access backers soon! Feedback for the last three chapters of the game has been quite positive! If you're a Beta Access backer and haven't received an email from us yet, please contact us ASAP!

Our non-KS backers, you guys can also try our beta demo over here at itch.io! It's a bit outdated now, but it's already feature complete and will give you an idea what we have in store for you all in the final game!
Image Image

Yangyang Mobile
Regular

Re: The Letter [Horror/Drama] - Steam Page and Teaser Releas

#38 Post by Yangyang Mobile »

The Letter Horror/Drama Visual Novel's Store page is now up on Steam!
Hey, everyone! The Letter's Steam Store Page and teaser trailer is now up! Please help us spread the word around! Don't forget to follow us on our our official social media pages (Facebook, Tumblr, and Twitter) for quick updates! We still have more stuff to announce once as we get closer to the game's release! Please stay tuned and look forward to it!
Image Image

victorita9
Regular

#39 Post by victorita9 »

I don't usually enjoy horror games because I get scared easily, but this looks really good.

Yangyang Mobile
Regular

#40 Post by Yangyang Mobile »

victorita9 wrote:I don't usually enjoy horror games because I get scared easily, but this looks really good.
Thank you so much! I can't say anything because an NDA is in place, but we can assure everyone that the game will also be more than just horror. Hope you'll still give it a try! We have the beta demo available over here. Feel free to leave your feedback in the comment and if you can, don't forget to spread the word! :D
Image Image

Yangyang Mobile
Regular

Re: The Letter [Horror/Drama] - FULLY-ANIMATED TRAILER IS UP

#41 Post by Yangyang Mobile »

The Letter Horror/Drama Visual Novel's store page is now up on Steam! Watch the Fully-animated Opening!

Remember back in our January update when we hinted a surprise to you? Well, it's here now, and as some of you have guessed, it's a fully animated opening trailer! Featuring a teaser version of "Letters Goodbye", performed by none other than the amazing Amanda Lee! (LeeandLie; also Isabella's voice actress).

The video will be included in-game as well! Now that our intended release date is approaching fast (Q2 2017), we're working double-time to deliver the game to you guys as soon as possible! Sorry for the long wait; we're nearing the finish line!
Image Image

Elmvine
Regular
itch: elmvine

#42 Post by Elmvine »

Now that's what I call a trailer.

Yangyang Mobile
Regular

#43 Post by Yangyang Mobile »

Elmvine wrote:Now that's what I call a trailer.
Thank you! Don't forget to wishlist the game on Steam and spread the word around! :D
Image Image

Yangyang Mobile
Regular

Re: The Letter [Horror/Drama] - STEAM RELEASE ON 24TH JULY!

#44 Post by Yangyang Mobile »

It took us two years to get to this point, and now we're proud to announce The Letter's release date!

Save the date: 07.24.2017

Image Image

LeonDaydreamer
Veteran
Projects: A Near Dawn, Put A Sock In It!, Ghosts Are Good Hosts

Re: The Letter [Horror/Drama] - STEAM RELEASE ON 24TH JULY!

#45 Post by LeonDaydreamer »

I've been following this project for a while, and it looks amazing!
I haven't seen the Opening animation before, though. That's so cool, it's just like an anime. :)
ImageImageImageImage