Wilder [GxB, GxG] [COMMERCIAL] BAHADUR'S STORY NOW AVAILABLE!

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
sonnet009
Regular
Completed: Rei, Aloners
Projects: Wilder
Organization: sonnet009 games
Tumblr: sonnet009

Re: Wilder [GxB, GxG] (a forbidden fantasy romance) [COMMERC

#16 Post by sonnet009 »

snowflakes wrote:I loved both Aloners and Rei, so I'm definitely going to follow close your project!
I saw that the artist of the game is again Periwinkle, the same as Aloners, so there will be nice CG for sure as those fantastic sprites
So far, I liked the theme, I like fantasy a lot and of course your writing, so I'm sure I will enjoy this VN and I will be waiting for this with excitement.
I think that I will pursue first Ramal, I think that under that facade of a manipulator, he is a kind and protective person (maybe? haha)
Well, thats all I can say for now, thanks for your hard work in making those fantastic games !
Aw, thank you! And yes, the character artist is once again PeriwinkleImp, who is insanely awesome. :-D

It's veeeery interesting to see what people think about the characters at first glance. Jamal's a guy with a lot of layers to him -- a lot of the top ones are superficial, but when you get underneath... ;-)
Hazel-Bun wrote:So excited!!!
Eee! :-D
Nebty wrote:Nice to see you putting up an in-progress thread for this one! I was excited to see you finally reveal news about Wilder on your tumblr not too long ago. As a fan of both Rei and Aloners, I'm looking forward to this one.

One thing I hope you'll be addressing is the inherent power imbalance in a romance between a noble main character and a person who's part of a slave class. I've loved everything you've written so far, so I have faith that you will, but the idea is just kinda squicky on the face of it. The thing I loved most about Aloners was the sense of equality and partnership between Trash and the MC.
Thank you for following my game development so closely. :-) That means a lot.

A number of people have expressed similar points to yours, and I anticipated that -- considering the themes. But I hope it's at least a little reassuring to know that I chose this setting and this topic because I wanted to explore them. Power imbalance is definitely a big theme in the game, but for the purpose of drama and character development rather than titillation. It's not just an excuse for some squicky master-slave romance, basically. Hopefully the proof will be in the pudding, eventually.

But thank you for having faith. I truly appreciate that.

Rei - a supernatural high school romance (COMPLETE)
Aloners - a post-apocalyptic romance (COMPLETE)
Wilder - a forbidden fantasy romance (2017/2018)

Follow me on tumblr at sonnet009 or sonnet009games for updates.

Rinmaru
Regular
Completed: Cardinal Cross
Projects: Cardinal Cross
Tumblr: impqueengames
Deviantart: rinmaru

#17 Post by Rinmaru »

:D Can't wait to play it!!! :twisted: Got me at "forbidden fantasy romance"!

MinttyMint

#18 Post by MinttyMint »

Honestly I tend to avoid commercial visual novels but knowing it comes from you, I'm sold. At the moment I'm most drawn to Ran and Jamal but I gotta say the character I'm most looking forward to is actually the player character. Player choice and customization are so important to me and Aloners did it so well.. like I've never been this excited to just play a character before. It looks and sounds amazing, can't wait.

sonnet009
Regular

#19 Post by sonnet009 »

Rinmaru wrote::D Can't wait to play it!!! :twisted: Got me at "forbidden fantasy romance"!
Hehe. That'd work on me, too!
MinttyMint wrote:Honestly I tend to avoid commercial visual novels but knowing it comes from you, I'm sold. At the moment I'm most drawn to Ran and Jamal but I gotta say the character I'm most looking forward to is actually the player character. Player choice and customization are so important to me and Aloners did it so well.. like I've never been this excited to just play a character before. It looks and sounds amazing, can't wait.
Wow, thank you. I know commercial visual novels can be a bit of a gamble sometimes, so I appreciate your open-mindedness.

And that's an interesting perspective! I hadn't really given much thought to the MC being an anticipated character. I'm definitely taking a lot of cues from Aloners in that regard -- making choices diverse and non-punishing, though slightly more integrated into the ending mechanics.

Flowers from Nowhere
Regular
Completed: The Crystal Castle
Projects: My Ninja Life

#20 Post by Flowers from Nowhere »

Score! Another Sonnet009 game! Aloners is one of my absolute favorite VNs and I loved Rei too. I await with baited breath.

sonnet009
Regular

#21 Post by sonnet009 »

Flowers from Nowhere wrote:Score! Another Sonnet009 game! Aloners is one of my absolute favorite VNs and I loved Rei too. I await with baited breath.
Aw, thank you! :-D

sonnet009
Regular

#22 Post by sonnet009 »

UPDATED 12 JUNE 2016: Added final character art.

Isotta

#23 Post by Isotta »

Totally looking forward to the release of this game: both the art and the plot look amazing!

sonnet009
Regular

#24 Post by sonnet009 »

Isotta wrote:Totally looking forward to the release of this game: both the art and the plot look amazing!
Aw, I'm glad! Thank you. :-) The artist is incredible, isn't she?

neuropsy
Regular
Projects: Emissary of Starlight
Tumblr: emissaryofstarlight

#25 Post by neuropsy »

Wow, the art is stunning. Piercing.

I'm absolutely enthralled by games that explore psychological and sociological themes in fantasy settings, as it adds "real world" elements to otherwise fantastical realms. There's so much to explore with the theme of slavery and questioning the way society operates--or in this case, the word of Ziya.

Jamal and Ran intrigue me the most so far. I hope to see a demo soon, if possible. :)
"Everyone was jumping a giant jump rope, but I was too scared to join. I was hesitant, like a child, always waiting for you."
Current Project: Emissary of Starlight

Isotta

#26 Post by Isotta »

sonnet009 wrote:
Isotta wrote:Totally looking forward to the release of this game: both the art and the plot look amazing!
Indeed, she is!
I also saw some beautiful cgs in your blog, one in black and white about Amir (my favorite character so far) hugging the main character from behind and I was already blushing like hell XD
If I understand correctly the game should be expected this summer: in this case will we have any demo to try before the release of the full game?

sonnet009
Regular

#27 Post by sonnet009 »

neuropsy wrote:Wow, the art is stunning. Piercing.

I'm absolutely enthralled by games that explore psychological and sociological themes in fantasy settings, as it adds "real world" elements to otherwise fantastical realms. There's so much to explore with the theme of slavery and questioning the way society operates--or in this case, the word of Ziya.

Jamal and Ran intrigue me the most so far. I hope to see a demo soon, if possible. :)
I absolutely agree that fantasy settings are perfect for exploring very relevant and real themes. It's been very challenging but exciting to write.
Isotta wrote:
sonnet009 wrote:
Indeed, she is!
I also saw some beautiful cgs in your blog, one in black and white about Amir (my favorite character so far) hugging the main character from behind and I was already blushing like hell XD
If I understand correctly the game should be expected this summer: in this case will we have any demo to try before the release of the full game?
Hehe. Oh, I can't wait until the game is out and you can see the CGs in all their glory. :-D

And, in response to both of you guys, I am definitely planning on releasing a demo closer to release. It will probably be the prologue and a small sample of each route. But that won't be for a while yet, unfortunately. Hang in there!

completelyaddicted21

#28 Post by completelyaddicted21 »

super excited for this to come out! I absolutely loved aloners! Perhaps the best otome I've ever played. I stayed up all night finishing the game and it kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time!
The very best of luck to you completing this game! Love your writing style!

Letitia_L
Regular
Projects: Up until the end
IRC Nick: Letitia
Tumblr: letigame
Deviantart: LetitiaLambrechts
itch: https://letigame.itc

#29 Post by Letitia_L »

Whaaa !
I am super happy to see a new game from Sonnet009 !
I have to tell you, Aloners is one of my favorite Visual Novel and it put me in the " visual novel addict " mode :p
It is also Aloners that give me the idea of making my own visual novel :)
So I can't wait for this game ! The art is stunning and the plot seems very interesting !

Keep up the good work :D
WIP project
Completed project

sonnet009
Regular

#30 Post by sonnet009 »

completelyaddicted21 wrote:super excited for this to come out! I absolutely loved aloners! Perhaps the best otome I've ever played. I stayed up all night finishing the game and it kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time!
The very best of luck to you completing this game! Love your writing style!
Wow, what a compliment! :-D Thank you so much.
Letitia_L wrote:Whaaa !
I am super happy to see a new game from Sonnet009 !
I have to tell you, Aloners is one of my favorite Visual Novel and it put me in the " visual novel addict " mode :p
It is also Aloners that give me the idea of making my own visual novel :)
So I can't wait for this game ! The art is stunning and the plot seems very interesting !

Keep up the good work :D
Thank you! I'm so happy to hear that you were inspired to make your own VN.

And I'm glad that you're looking forward to Wilder. :-) That's awesome!