Wilder [GxB, GxG] [COMMERCIAL] BAHADUR'S STORY NOW AVAILABLE!

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
sonnet009
Regular
Completed: Rei, Aloners
Projects: Wilder
Organization: sonnet009 games
Tumblr: sonnet009

Re: Wilder [GxB, GxG] [COMMERCIAL] RAN'S STORY NOW AVAILABLE

#61 Post by sonnet009 »

Konoi wrote:Oh my God, just finished Ran's route. Got the Sweet Ending!
And oh boy, the ending's label is true... and I loved it. It was so sweet and perfect and everything I hoped for and even more! <3

I love Ran. I already told that after playing the demo, but he's exactly the kind of character I tend to like. But he's really exceptionaly perfect. Seriously, it'll be hard for me to play another route after that! I don't know how I'll manage to do that - I may have to wait a long while :lol:
But seriously, the story was SO TOUCHING I don't even... Slave stories always leave a strong impression on me, but Ran's "my favorite kind of slave" (ugh, I hate saying that, but you get what I mean, right) - he's like a proud yet wounded beast. He's beautiful, and I'm not only talking about his body. It was really great to play Mahki as a very nice and loving, sometimes teasing, girl, but one who'd also accept her responsibilities and do what has to be done sometimes, without flinching. I really like that about your games - your MCs can be roleplayed sooo well without it impeding getting the good ending.
Now, I must also say the moment where Mahki had to trick the lord and the heartseer at the end... it BROKE MY HEART. It broke my heart so badly I couldn't help it and cried. Even knowing her plan was only a trick, it was SO DAMN AWFUL. My god I hated that. No, not in that way - it was greatly written and a great plot point overall - but the pain... oh the paaain!
I also loved the part in the mountains when Ran was hurt and Mahki had to take care of him. It's cliché, but I'm a sucker for that, and when well done, it's always such a powerful moment and a nice way to make the relationship progress one way or another.
Also, I know people have already asked about that, but how many ending the game has? I mean, the route in this case. I got the Sweet one, and I assume you put some kind of bad ending - I guess you get it if Mahki treats Ran like a slave from beginning to end. I'm curious if you did any more ending than a sweet and a bad one? I'm not really planning to try any, anyway - I couldn't be cruel to Ran :lol:
Speaking of that kind of things, I've noticed sometimes when you make a choice, you have a black screen and you hear Mahki's heartbeat - are these choices the most important ones?
I'm also very curious about the exact consequences of one specific choice:
when Mahki tells the story about the djinn slave whom she discovered stealing from the family, when she was a little girl, and Ran asks what she did.
I choose to tell the truth, even if it was sad. Does a lie come to bite you later, or maybe does he sense it on spot. Or is a lie better?

Anyway, with that said, congrats on the first route, and THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for the amazing game and the happines it brought to me!
Yay! :-D I'm so glad that you loved Ran!
Ahaha! I'm also glad that the deception plan was painful (sorry)! It was definitely supposed to be. And I'm exactly the same as you -- love a bit of that old tending-to-the-wounded cliché.
Yes, the important choices (the ones that determine if you get the Bitter or Sweet Ending) are signified by a black screen and heartbeat.
If you lie and tell Ran that you protected the slave, he knows immediately that you're lying and it puts you one step closer to the "Bitter Ending".
Thank you for playing, and for letting me know your thoughts! :-)

Rei - a supernatural high school romance (COMPLETE)
Aloners - a post-apocalyptic romance (COMPLETE)
Wilder - a forbidden fantasy romance (2017/2018)

Follow me on tumblr at sonnet009 or sonnet009games for updates.

lassitvde
Projects: tba
Tumblr: crystalblazefire

#62 Post by lassitvde »

crying it's finally released?????? yells ran my bae! ! ! !!!! this was such a happy surprise omg congrats on the first route release!! i'm just super glad that my favorite character is available heh.

update: ugh for some reason itch io is declining my card orz. idk what's wrong because my card has enough money but - hopefully this issue doesn't persist : /

ZukieBabyIroh!

#63 Post by ZukieBabyIroh! »

Ssssooonnnettttt!!! i made an account...just to tell you how amazing you are! <3 i love, love lovee your work! you are such a skilled writer! i played Aloners first and after that i didn't know how fast to download Rei haha! I just finished Ran's story and it was amazing! i love how you manage to draw me into your stories and how it keeps me on edge while reading all the time! i hope you will never stop writing because you are really super good at it! haha, love from the Netherlands!

4nh

#64 Post by 4nh »

Awesome! I'm downloading the game now and will let you know what I think when I finish it. ;) Keep up the good work.

sonnet009
Regular

#65 Post by sonnet009 »

lassitvde wrote:crying it's finally released?????? yells ran my bae! ! ! !!!! this was such a happy surprise omg congrats on the first route release!! i'm just super glad that my favorite character is available heh.

update: ugh for some reason itch io is declining my card orz. idk what's wrong because my card has enough money but - hopefully this issue doesn't persist : /
Oh no! Did you get the issue sorted out? :-(
ZukieBabyIroh! wrote:Ssssooonnnettttt!!! i made an account...just to tell you how amazing you are! <3 i love, love lovee your work! you are such a skilled writer! i played Aloners first and after that i didn't know how fast to download Rei haha! I just finished Ran's story and it was amazing! i love how you manage to draw me into your stories and how it keeps me on edge while reading all the time! i hope you will never stop writing because you are really super good at it! haha, love from the Netherlands!
Oh, wow, thank you! What a lot of nice things to say! Hehe. And I definitely have no plans to stop writing. :-)
4nh wrote:Awesome! I'm downloading the game now and will let you know what I think when I finish it. ;) Keep up the good work.
:-D Thank you!

NatGa

#66 Post by NatGa »

Hi!

I just got Ran's route and have high expectations since the demo is great and since
Aloners is one of my favorite games of this type. ;)

However, the beige color for text just doesn't work for me, I can barely read anything.
I need to guess more than 50% of the time and that is really affecting the story :(
Dunno if there are more people having this problem, but is there something that can be done
about it? I don't remember having any troubles with it while playing the demo.

Also, I wanted to point out the bug that happens when you try to quit the game, the options doesn't show up.
I hope it helps :)

sonnet009
Regular

#67 Post by sonnet009 »

NatGa wrote:Hi!

I just got Ran's route and have high expectations since the demo is great and since
Aloners is one of my favorite games of this type. ;)

However, the beige color for text just doesn't work for me, I can barely read anything.
I need to guess more than 50% of the time and that is really affecting the story :(
Dunno if there are more people having this problem, but is there something that can be done
about it? I don't remember having any troubles with it while playing the demo.

Also, I wanted to point out the bug that happens when you try to quit the game, the options doesn't show up.
I hope it helps :)
It sounds to me like you're having a glitch with the user interface. Things shouldn't be displaying like that. (For reference, they should be displaying like in the screenshots here.)

I've spoken to a couple of other players that have had the same issue, but have only managed to conclude that it isn't an issue with the file itself; the issue occurs on their/your end.

At the moment, all I can advise is to try downloading and extracting again whilst making sure your anti-virus is set to not interfere with the file at all. If you have another computer available, you can test if it works on that. Try it out, and get back to me if you're still having problems.

I am currently looking into the situation, but having trouble pinning down the exact cause of this issue. If anyone here has any knowledge to share, I'd be grateful.

LizardRobot
Regular
Projects: A Town Called Shanty
Organization: Lizard Robot
Deviantart: lizrobot

#68 Post by LizardRobot »

This totally lives up to everything you could want -- both the art and writing are gorgeous and amazing and the music is lovely and I look forward to when all the routes are done! Seriously, you guys are knocking this out of the park.
Attachments
I picked the best name for my character!!
I picked the best name for my character!!

Rahnos
Regular

#69 Post by Rahnos »

I wonder what happened. I've really been looking forward to the release of Bahadur's route, but it seems that there's been no updates or even news since February. Is everything alright, Sonnet?

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#70 Post by Zelan »

Rahnos wrote:I wonder what happened. I've really been looking forward to the release of Bahadur's route, but it seems that there's been no updates or even news since February. Is everything alright, Sonnet?
I think she's more active on her tumblr.

Rahnos
Regular

#71 Post by Rahnos »

Zelan wrote:
Rahnos wrote:I wonder what happened. I've really been looking forward to the release of Bahadur's route, but it seems that there's been no updates or even news since February. Is everything alright, Sonnet?
I think she's more active on her tumblr.
Ah, thanks.
Even on there I can't find any news, though.

IvoryOwl

#72 Post by IvoryOwl »

Rahnos wrote:
Ah, thanks.
Even on there I can't find any news, though.
Here is what I found on their tumblr page dated 1 month ago:
Hi guys,

Thank you so much for all your messages of support and your understanding during this difficult time. It has been harder and taken a lot longer to get through than I thought it would, but I would say that I am finally on the other side and back to being able to make Wilder my top priority once again.

This means that Bahadur’s Story will not be releasing in April, but it will be available as soon as I can possibly manage. I am also returning to social media, so there will be no more radio silence and a lot more updates coming your way.

Thank you again for being so patient. I feel genuinely fortunate to have such lovely, kind people in my life.

Now! To work my way through the backlog of asks in my inbox… ^^;

sonnet009
Regular

Re: Wilder [GxB, GxG] [COMMERCIAL] BAHADUR'S STORY NOW AVAILABLE!

#73 Post by sonnet009 »

Sorry, everyone, for the long delay and shaky communication. I am delighted to announce that Bahadur's Story is finally here! Thank you for your patience, and for sticking with me.